Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/27/14

Athena
  • Start Topic

I gotta say the Friday shows are better...... not sure what the difference is.... but they are better..... and JMHO..... the hosts costumes kinda sucked..... they were not impressive at all..... there seemed to be too much to them.... I guess I like simple much better.... and maybe a little blood

• Love 1

I think the lady Whoopi liked who was dressed as a Whoopie Coushion was also in the audience the day Rachael Ray taped her Halloween episode. A lady who played a game on RR's show that came on right after The View looked just like the lady I had just seen standing next to Whoopi at the of their show today.

• Love 2

The View's ratings are down, and I am not surprised. But, IMO ABC is handling it all wrong.  They are putting this crapfest under ABC news?  As much as I do think Rosie was  good as a talk show host, I think that time has now passed, she can't see past her own experiences, and it's not fun to watch.   Whoopie is just arrogant and full of herself.  Rosie P has the most annoying voice on tv, and she also is boring.  Nicole can be interesting since she was an insider politcally, but she has zero charisma.

Also, these women all are no way capable of carrying a show that is news oriented. They are not objective, they usually get half of a story,  and they act like they know it all. 

It's no wonder the Talk is beating the View in ratings.   They do not take themselves so seriously.   

I have a feeling Rosie is the one making sure that they focus on depressing topics and politics for the entire hostchat.   People do not tune into daytime talk shows to see constant babbling about issues,  they want a little fun.   When Rosie way back said that the View used to discuss "lipstick", she acted like they were supposed to be Meet the Press. 

Also just how is having 4 middle aged women who all have kids representing different women?  

The best panel they had was when Meredith hosted,  Star and Joy were there, and Lisa ling came on the scene.  We had totally silly moments, but also just enough hot topics news to be interesting.  Also, you really had different women, different points of view.  Now, three out of 4 are over 40 and very liberal democrats. How is that keeping with the vision of this show.

They really need to get over themselves, and realize that they are a bunch of entertainers, not  reporters. Nicole is the only one who has been to college and actually worked in a real job.  

I think they need to start over with different ages, and different professions, not a bunch of rich entertainers who think that they know things that they don't. The first group was not about hiring celebrities, and it was way better.    

• Love 4

As much as I do think Rosie was  good as a talk show host, I think that time has now passed, she can't see past her own experiences, and it's not fun to watch.   Whoopie is just arrogant and full of herself.  Rosie P has the most annoying voice on tv, and she also is boring.  Nicole can be interesting since she was an insider politcally, but she has zero charisma.

They assembled a panel that would make Rosie O and, possibly, Whoopi comfortable instead of casting based on chemistry and talent.  If someone didn't work, including Rosie O and Whoopi, ABC should have cut them and kept on auditioning women until something really, truly clicked.

• Love 1

Rosie Perez does not have children.

Rosie O'Donnell did go to college although she did not graduate.

And ABC News wants to have the same success as they have had with Good Morning, America which is hardly comparable to Meet the Press...  

• Love 6

Is it because it's a one trick pony -- or, phrased another way, she's just overdoing the "break up and then get back at the guy" route? I don't listen to Taylor Swift so I'm just asking.

Rosie Perez does not have children.

Rosie O'Donnell did go to college although she did not graduate.

And ABC News wants to have the same success as they have had with Good Morning, America which is hardly comparable to Meet the Press...  

GMA is mostly news and information presented in a light format.  The View is a talk show at a different time of day.   I like Rosie, but she's got some depression issues and she has a hard time not going extreme, and if they are listening to her and turning the show into news, that's not smart.

Rosie Perez is still middle aged.   Rosie has worked as a comedian since her 20's.  There is nothing wrong with that, but when you are trying to be under the heading of "news" at a network, then they are no way up to that job, and it's boring and irritating to watch - not fun.

The old View had Joy who was a comedian, I wish she would come back for some fun and laughter. Rosie P and Rosie O both look like they need a dose of anti-depressants and the topics are just blah or miserable.  

Strangely,  Nicole is the only one who seems a little animated without being weird or annoying.     I would probably keep her,  and get rid of the rest. 

It used to be nice to have the lawyer, the comedian and the young reporter, moderated by the middle aged mom who also could lighten up.  Rosie could not be a moderator. She can't control herself from preaching and  judging other celebrtieis while starting feuds   As much as I think she' a very good person, she thinks nothing of calling people out, whether or not she is accurate - like about Kevin Smith's weight loss, or Kelly Ripa.  If she had control it would be one feud after another.

They would be better off starting off with unknowns of different ages.

• Love 2
if they are listening to her and turning the show into news, that's not smart.

But they're not turning The View into news, even ABC Nightly News isn't news anymore, David Muir shows viral videos.  The View remains what it's always been; a mid-morning chat show with a quasi-celebrity panel with a hint of trainwreck.  Even at its height, it still had Star Jones judging and moralizing while she was marrying a gay man.  At its lowest it had a woman who didn't know if the world was round and another woman who campaigned against vaccinations.  Up until last September it was led by a doddering old parody of her former self who made the show virtually unwatchable.  I like The View now, it could use some improvements for sure, but it's still way better than it has been in years.

• Love 19

it's boring and irritating to watch - not fun.

I watch this show because I enjoy the presenters and the presenters appear to enjoy each other.  To me, that's more important than whether someone has gone to college or is of a certain age or takes anti-depressants.  Elisabeth Hasselbeck was a young relatively unknown college grad but I wouldn't be able to watch her unless I wanted to be the depressed one!  I'm willing to give this crew some time to jell because I remember I couldn't stand The Chew at first because it was so frantic but now that they've settled in, I love it and I regret that I missed some earlier moments I would have enjoyed.

Edited by CuriousParker
  • Love 11

I watch this show because I enjoy the presenters and the presenters appear to enjoy each other.  To me, that's more important than whether someone has gone to college or is of a certain age or takes anti-depressants.  Elisabeth Hasselbeck was a young relatively unknown college grad but I wouldn't be able to watch her unless I wanted to be the depressed one!  I'm willing to give this crew some time to jell because I remember I couldn't stand The Chew at first because it was so frantic but now that they've settled in, I love it and I regret that I missed some earlier moments I would have enjoyed.

I hate to sound like a broken record, BUT I really MUST say that the women on The Social (a Canadian show) are all late 30's/early 40's & SMART LIKE CRAZY.  Their "hot topics" range from pop culture to very serious & THEY ARE ALL well-spoken & prepared.  I don't know if it's available in the U.S., but if you can watch it a couple of times, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

Here are the hosts (if you want to check them out):

Melissa Grelo:  Married & mother of a baby daughter.  Moderator.

Cynthia Loyst:  In a committed relationship with 2 1/3 yr. old son.  Sexologist.

Lainey Lui:  Married & will NEVER have kids.  Writes a gossip column.

Traci Melchor:  Divorced with 9 yr. old twins (boy & girl).  Entertainment industry.

Edited by CuriousParker
Edited Quoted Section
  • Love 3

Traci Melchor:  Divorced with 9 yr. old twins (boy & girl).  Entertainment industry.

Never mind. Wrong lady! 

I went by the name and thought it was Tracy Melchior. *Face Palms*

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2

I regularly watch To the Contrary on PBS which is a straight up current events discussion among women:  young, old, all colors and walks of life but I wouldn't want that to be my after-work TiVo treat.  Everyone on it is bright and successful but there are still a couple of women on it--okay, one (Genevieve Wood)-- that I want to slap on the regular.

• Love 1

I hate to sound like a broken record, BUT I really MUST say that the women on The Social (a Canadian show) are all late 30's/early 40's & SMART LIKE CRAZY.  Their "hot topics" range from pop culture to very serious & THEY ARE ALL well-spoken & prepared.  I don't know if it's available in the U.S., but if you can watch it a couple of times, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

Here are the hosts (if you want to check them out):

Melissa Grelo:  Married & mother of a baby daughter.  Moderator.

Cynthia Loyst:  In a committed relationship with 2 1/3 yr. old son.  Sexologist.

Lainey Lui:  Married & will NEVER have kids.  Writes a gossip column.

I watch that show all the time. You can even find it online at thesocial.ca

Are you guys open to a forum for The Social here?

I've wanted to ask for one, but I didn't know if anyone else watched since this is, I presume, an American based forum.

By the way, Lainey doesn't just write a gossip column. She's the force behind laineygossip.com, one of the biggest gossip sites. She and Traci are also entertainment reporters for eTalk, the best entertainment news show in Canada. Melissa used to be a news anchor for cP24, a major network -- co-host of Breakfast Television (I don't know if she still does it). 

Edited by glow
  • Love 2

I watch that show all the time. You can even find it online at thesocial.ca

Are you guys open to a forum for The Social here?

I've wanted to ask for one, but I didn't know if anyone else watched since this is, I presume, an American based forum.

By the way, Lainey doesn't just write a gossip column. She's the force behind laineygossip.com, one of the biggest gossip sites. She and Traci are also entertainment reporters for eTalk, the best entertainment news show in Canada. Melissa used to be a news anchor for cP24, a major network -- co-host of Breakfast Television (I don't know if she still does it). 

Thanks for adding some more pertinent information.  (My intention was for people to look them up & find out how accomplished all of them are.)

Elaine Lui's book, Listen to the Squawking Chicken, did very well & is about her Chinese Mom.

I don't know if a forum for The Social would attract much attention.  If I was commenting after each show, it would be:  "Great show!"

• Love 1

I think the best thing about Nicolle is that she gets such a kick out of doing the show, so it can be nice to watch her have a good time.  She's so reasonable I have a hard time thinking of her as a Republican even though she likes to mention it every show.  I like Rosie Perez a lot, but she isn't a very compelling broadcaster, and I think she'll be let go.

Rosie was hard to look at as Edward Scissorhands.  I'm not a Halloween person either.

• Love 2

Whoopi as a BALLERINA?!  Hahaha!   She stomps onstage and then the first thing she does is straddle a big medieval chair and awkwardly turn it around while sitting on it.   Normally I'd guess that she couldn't sit in the costume (but then why wouldn't someone have figured that out before she got onstage?) except that's how Whoopi sits almost every day: straddling her chair. 

Honestly, I tuned in to see the costumes - thought the other three were good and I really liked the openings to put them in context,  but  then I tuned out.  

• Love 5

I am having a hard time abiding anything Whoopi has to say anymore.  She knows everyone, she knows everything, she's omniscient, it's getting really fucking old.  And don't you dare scold me for saying so, Whoopi!  The ignorance in the Time cover story, the hollering at us for not understanding and on and on, It will be interesting to see how Monday unfolds.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish Whoopi would go back to sleepwalking through the show and staring off into space.  I just cannot abide her.  The way she waddles out there like she's been on a horse for a month, and then spreads her legs wide and straddles the table.  I don't expect her to sit there demurely, but can't she have a little dignity?  I hadn't really noticed the noises she makes until the other day.  I actually looked around for my dog because I couldn't understand why she was making such a bizarre noise.

I find her so unpleasant.  I can't imagine how she treats fans who dare to bother her.  It's not like her fans put her where she is.  The knee-jerk defense of any and all actions, no matter how foul - as long as it's perpetrated by a celebrity.  I do not respect anything about her.  When she starts pontificating on parenting when her only child became pregnant at a young age, and who seems to sponge off Whoopi for a living ....... perhaps a little self-reflection would be good for Whoopi.  Whoopi was a recipient of public aid, and though she will pay lip service on how it's still needed, she's bitter and resentful of the taxes she already pays.  I don't believe for a minute she wouldn't cut these people off it would save her some money.

• Love 9

The View's ratings are down, and I am not surprised. But, IMO ABC is handling it all wrong.  They are putting this crapfest under ABC news?  As much as I do think Rosie was  good as a talk show host, I think that time has now passed, she can't see past her own experiences, and it's not fun to watch.   Whoopie is just arrogant and full of herself.  Rosie P has the most annoying voice on tv, and she also is boring.  Nicole can be interesting since she was an insider politcally, but she has zero charisma.

Also, these women all are no way capable of carrying a show that is news oriented. They are not objective, they usually get half of a story,  and they act like they know it all. 

I have a feeling Rosie is the one making sure that they focus on depressing topics and politics for the entire hostchat.   People do not tune into daytime talk shows to see constant babbling about issues,  they want a little fun.   When Rosie way back said that the View used to discuss "lipstick", she acted like they were supposed to be Meet the Press. 

Also just how is having 4 middle aged women who all have kids representing different women?  

The best panel they had was when Meredith hosted,  Star and Joy were there, and Lisa ling came on the scene.  We had totally silly moments, but also just enough hot topics news to be interesting.  Also, you really had different women, different points of view.  Now, three out of 4 are over 40 and very liberal democrats. How is that keeping with the vision of this show.

They really need to get over themselves, and realize that they are a bunch of entertainers, not  reporters. Nicole is the only one who has been to college and actually worked in a real job.  

I think they need to start over with different ages, and different professions, not a bunch of rich entertainers who think that they know things that they don't. The first group was not about hiring celebrities, and it was way better.

It's no wonder the Talk is beating the View in ratings.   They do not take themselves so seriously.   

Actually, that is not true. The View is still beating the Talk  in number of viewers.

• Love 2
Rosie was hard to look at as Edward Scissorhands.  I'm not a Halloween person either.

Morbs, I am a Halloween person--although that's a bit misleading.  I was a full-on Halloween person (costumes, parties, etc.) but now I merely enjoy the little kids who come to my door--and there aren't enough of them these days.  I have always loved Edward Scissorhands a la Johnny Depp.  I don't think RosieO should have attempted it.  Instead of being the sweet, unaware character...she stomped around being Doofus Rosie.  She tried to tell us that costume was put together in one hour?  Maybe it took an hour to get her into it and apply the (minimal) make-up and wig.  A LOT of work went into that costume that Ms. Rosie obviously didn't see.

She tried to tell us that costume was put together in one hour?  Maybe it took an hour to get her into it and apply the (minimal) make-up and wig.  A LOT of work went into that costume that Ms. Rosie obviously didn't see.

FormerNun, I think Rosie was responding to Whoopie's question about how long it took them to get dressed/makeup etc

I really wish someone would speak to Whoopi about the way she sits.  She has a very "wide stance."  I'm not a girly girl, I usually wears jeans and a tee, but the only time I sit somewhat like that is at home on my sofa.  She's on tv for goodness sake.  And I agree with the poster above about how she lumbers out with her legs bowed as if she has been riding a horse.  She walk as if her shoes hurt.

I think they would get a  ratings bump if they hired a younger woman such as the young lady (sorry, don't know her name) who is on Dancing With The Stars.  I've never heard of her, but she is some kind of social media sensation and has millions of followers.  That is the demographic that advertisers want, so why not go for it.

I enjoy Nicolle.  Did you know she has a 2 and 1/2 year old?

I am a huge Rosie fan, she can do no wrong to me.  However, I have to wonder if her depression is as well controlled as she wants us to believe.  There are days where she seems over-medicated and I am wondering if this is the best choice for her.

Whoopi claims everything good as being a result of something she discussed on the show.  Her ego is huge.  The other day she informed us that they have great chemistry.  Chemistry is for us, the viewers, to determine.  She does not get to declare if they have chemistry or not.

• Love 5

I enjoy Nicolle.  Did you know she has a 2 and 1/2 year old?

LOL--I was just going to mention this.  I enjoy her more than I thought I would, but she does mention the age of her child once or twice a week.

I am a huge Rosie fan, she can do no wrong to me.  However, I have to wonder if her depression is as well controlled as she wants us to believe.  There are days where she seems over-medicated and I am wondering if this is the best choice for her.

I'm also a huge Rosie fan and I want my old Rosie back.  At first, I thought the producers muzzled her to avoid controversy, but you've got a good point--maybe she's medicated.  As much I was looking forward to her coming back to the show, I'm not really enjoying her as much as I used to.

• Love 4

I'm also a huge Rosie fan and I want my old Rosie back.  At first, I thought the producers muzzled her to avoid controversy, but you've got a good point--maybe she's medicated.  As much I was looking forward to her coming back to the show, I'm not really enjoying her as much as I used to.

I wonder if it's medication, satisfaction and contentment in her current relationship or that she made some sort of deal with the devil when returning to the show in order to maintain some behind the scenes direction of what we are seeing.

I have to agree on one thing that I wasn't so convinced about in the beginning of the season, there is negative chemistry between Ro and Whoopi and if the drip drip of reports in the media that they aren't getting along are true.

Whatever it is, I want Ro unmuzzled and Whoopi muzzled, thank you very much.

...and I'm still seething about the pointe shoes, at least Whoopi took them off at the end of the first block.  You need to earn those, not just don an authentic pair for a costume and she had them so freaking ridiculously tied.  There are fake ones for costumes. grrrr

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 5

...and I'm still seething about the pointe shoes, at least Whoopi took them off at the end of the first block.  You need to earn those, not just don an authentic pair for a costume and she had them so freaking ridiculously tied.  There are fake ones for costumes. grrrr

Wrong costume choice for Whoopi - Some funny character would've been a better fit

• Love 2

...and I'm still seething about the pointe shoes, at least Whoopi took them off at the end of the first block.  You need to earn those, not just don an authentic pair for a costume and she had them so freaking ridiculously tied.  There are fake ones for costumes. grrrr

And they were pink; not even the right color for that costume, which would have been black.  After all the effort that went into the costume I would have thought some production assistant could have taken a sharpie or electrical tape to those shoes.  Better yet, wear black ballet flats.

• Love 2

ITA, great post and IMO the real situation.  Time for the view to re-vamp again.

It wouldn't be so bad if the hosts did more to get informed on the Hot Topics they were going to talk about. Maybe they need to give the hosts notice the night before of what will be talked about the next morning unless it's breaking news and that would give them extra time to read up so they can be prepared. The Talk may not cover such serious topics most of the time but when they discuss things they don't always just give the point of view of a famous person or just how it would affect them. IMHO they covered the serious aspects of the Honey Boo Boo disaster a whole lot better then The View did. Sheryl who went through childhood abuse and usually lightens up conversations by joking about stuff at the tail end of each discussion got serious on more then one occasion when it came to the childhood sexual abuse aspect of the Honey Boo Boo stuff and it made me like her even more.

I know the ladies on The Talk have been together longer but geeze even the women on the fluffiest panel discussion show out there The Real mesh better and have more views then this group on The View. I agree for the most part with whoever said previously about having so many well off celebrities on the panel seems to be adding to the issue of them not being able to see all sides to a story but at the same time as I mentioned before the ladies on The Talk still can see things from the regular person's point of view. They would never berate and lecture the people who contact them on social media about their show. They actually welcome opinions through those channels and even show a clip from a viewer just about each day concerning a particular subject. 

The people at The View need to quit worrying about changing the set every other week and get to worrying about changing the way they are running the show so they can make some changes for the better hopefully. I'm almost ready to give up on watching with the way things are going and Whoopi's lecture to the viewers almost made my decision for me.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3

Whoopi is pretty clearly the weak link at this point. She doesn't bother to learn the details of the topics, she isn't down to earth in her opinions, she tries to disguise her ignorance by loudly being wrong, and she always needs to have the last word. The other 3 women are much smarter, and at least try to have a handle on the topics before shooting off their mouths. Unfortunately, it would cost the show a lot to buy out Whoopi's contract, so she remains as the moderator bringing down the group. If they'd really wanted a "new" View, they should have taken the money they wasted on the new set and tables and all that and paid Whoopi to go away.

• Love 8

Whoopi is pretty clearly the weak link at this point. She doesn't bother to learn the details of the topics, she isn't down to earth in her opinions, she tries to disguise her ignorance by loudly being wrong, and she always needs to have the last word. The other 3 women are much smarter, and at least try to have a handle on the topics before shooting off their mouths. Unfortunately, it would cost the show a lot to buy out Whoopi's contract, so she remains as the moderator bringing down the group. If they'd really wanted a "new" View, they should have taken the money they wasted on the new set and tables and all that and paid Whoopi to go away.

I agree completely that Whoopi is far and away the weak link now. She's a fine actor (and every now and again much better than fine) and can be a very entertaining speaker/performer, but she is a terrible moderator and a terrible interviewer. We saw just how much better the show in general, and hot topics in particular, flowed without her and that was with two guest hosts, one of whom was a complete novice.

Nicolle seems to be settling in nicely. She's warming up and gets a little better every day with the nuts and bolts of the job like reading the prompter and interviews. RP was a pleasant surprise for me initially, but she's not settling in as well as Nicolle and she's starting to get on my nerves a little with some things like her incessant fawning over celebrity guests.

At the risk of repeating myself, IMHO they need to jettison Whoopi, move RO to mod and bring on someone young and smart and educated about what's going on in the world, not unlike Lisa Ling when she started on the show.

• Love 4

RP was a pleasant surprise for me initially, but she's not settling in as well as Nicolle and she's starting to get on my nerves a little with some things like her incessant fawning over celebrity guests.

Yeah, I hate the fawning.  Star used to do that as well.  It grates.

• Love 1

Whoopi was a ballerina for Halloween? Oh dear, I'm having a flashback.  When I was little, I saw an episode of TV's Bloopers and Practical Jokes.  They set up this poor football player (Bubba Smith?) and it remains one of the funniest things I've ever seen.  They manipulated this poor guy into donning a pink tutu and little ballet shoes he could barely stuff a few inches of his feet into.  It was supposedly for a charity event, and the limo let him off in the wrong area.  So here's this huge black man shuffling down the street in a tutu.  He finds his way and walks into the proper building.  The little old lady greeter was part of the joke, but upon seeing him, she immediately begins laughing hysterically and is unable to fulfill her part.  He stoically walks back out of the building and wonders up and down the street.  He finally returns to the old lady, and although she tries her hardest, she immediately bends over and laughs uproariously again.  The poor guy just stood there with a long-suffering look on his face while she literally almost died laughing.  I have now substituted Whoopi's face into this memory.  Although she would not have handled it as gracefully as he did.

ETA:  Just found a clip - it was Deacon Jones.  I can't post a link, but it's easily googled.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 2

Whoopi was a ballerina for Halloween?

RedHeadedZombie, sadly I don't think Whoopi's costume was supposed to be a joke.  They all went like movie characters from old[er] movies.  Whoopi was The Black Swan and her ballerina costume was The Black Swan on steriods - with pink pointe shoes.  As a former dancer and shoe patroller, I was offended along with some other posters here.  

Here are some pics and a short clip of Whoopi gracefully [ha!] straddling the her medieval chair.  Oh and the story on this gossip rag ranks them the worst of abc shows that day - with the exception of RO's Edward Scissorhands. 

Edited to add the link:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2816106/From-Cleopatra-Black-Swan-View-ladies-silver-screen-inspired-Halloween-costumes-pale-comparison-GMA-Today.html

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1

I don't think Rosie O is being muzzled.  I think she's simply being careful to give the other hosts equal time.  It would be easy for her to dominate any conversation but she has respect for her coworkers.

I finally caught Rosie P. and Whoopi's dressing down of the posters who responded to their catcall debate and it was so very condescending.  Yes, we did listen to you ladies.  And many disagree with you.  As was said so beautifully upthread, offense is in the listener's ears, not in the speaker's intent.

• Love 3

Regarding Rosie's anecdote about the gun: my point wasn't that some kids like to shoot BB guns, but that Rosie has been so vociferous about not having guns in the house, why would she let the older one own one? And where is the consequence to the older one for having it near where the younger one would find it?

She has said that after Columbine she was so depressed that she couldn't get out of bed for days. She famously had a fight with Tom Selleck about guns. And now it's just, tee hee, my boys like to shoot guns.

Her sense of value is so out of whack - I think true colors are starting to show.

Thank you!  This is how people get killed.  She did not know there was a gun in the house?  She kind of tee heed the fact that her son SHOT OUT A WINDOW.  That shot could have very well been a person.  I still am embarrassed for her about the Tom Selleck interview.  First she was a very bad host.  You don't invite someone to your variety/talk show and then blast them without warning.  It was a very hard thing to watch and I still have not forgotten it.  That happened in May 1999, so 15 years ago.  Her cavalier remark about her own son at her house is unbelievable.  I would like to interview her and ask her why she did not know a gun was in the house, why does she not have a gun locker at the house, and why was the gun assembled and the ammo with the gun?

It really bothers me.  Under my rule my child would never be allowed at her house.

• Love 3

Ask Rosie

Joe writes:October 29, 2014 7:19 pm

I was surprised today when watching The View that you said you have a be be gun in your home. As a mother of five, don't you think that's a bit irresponsible? I do!

yes

i didn't know it was there - mu 19 year old son brought it in against my directive - it is now gone

(found this while checking in on Rosie's site)

One would think that her son (military training)  would've been trained to keep any/all guns secure and away from his young siblings.

My ex had a starter pistol (sounded to start events) in our home- I was so happy to get rid of it (it was actually used as a part of a stained glass art piece by an artist friend- the theme of the art piece is peace) lol

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1

My ex had a starter pistol (sounded to start events) in our home- I was so happy to get rid of it (it was actually used as a part of a stained glass art piece by an artist friend- the theme of the art piece is peace) lol

That is so cool!

• Love 1

Petty, petty, petty me.  As suggested by one of the posters here, I "friended" Whoopi on Facebook just to see her daily postings of the shoes she wears on the show.  I really like the shoes--pretty, ugly, and interesting.  She RUINS every pair with some dumb pair of socks.  Actually, the socks are pretty cute and clever but it's a bad (BAD!) match every time.  She can come out in cute socks (only) as far as I'm concerned...but get some thin trouser socks in appropriate colors to will show off her shoes.  Please don't ask what I'm wearing!  I'm one of those who teaches because she cannot do.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 3