Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

I think that some people do like it, but clearly not enough for it to continue to be a success in it's current form. If so, they wouldn't be going through a reformulation. You don't do that if the feedback on the brand is good. There have to be problems for a brand that is still fairly new to get a reform. They also need to deal with the horrid reviews on pretty much every respected site I have ever read. The positive reviews from folks in the industry are almost impossible to find and as Jim Beam reported, sales are down almost 30%. That is a huge disappointment. It appears that sales were strong for the first couple of years as they continued to get new distribution in new outlets. It looks like the problem is the repeat purchases. Folks might try it once, but they are not picking it up again. Luckily she has the huge resources of Jim Beam behind the alcohol and they have the resources to keep reformulating until they get it right. What I would be worried about is all the other brands. I don't see her stuff anywhere. I saw the Sweetener yesterday at Target, and the Salad Dressing at Meijer, but have still not seen the other stuff. 

I have seen the Skinny Girl Margarita at the Bevmo close to me. They have exactly 3 bottles of it on the shelf. Every time I go in they have exactly 3 bottles of it. (I go in there maybe twice a month to get my husband his small beer kegs.) I don't know if they sell it and restock 3 at a time or not. I keep looking to see if they have any other flavors to try, but I haven't seen any yet.

My cousin brought the margarita one, and a bottle of the Manzo's Water to Christmas to try a couple of years ago. No one like either of them.

• Love 2

I've now seen SG wine, popcorn, artificial sweetener, cookies, flavored water, and granola bars on various clearance shelves at wal-greens, wal-mart, and Target. I don't doubt that Bethenny's rich, but it doesn't seem like her brand is doing that well.

I too have seen it on clearance at bargain stores. Like the entire bottom shelf full marked 90% off. I bought the skinny girl margarita when it first came out a few yrs ago wasn't good per se but drinkable. I bought it again about a yr ago and took one drink and pitched the bottle. It just tasted like chemicals. Like a touch of tequila and a bunch of sugar free jelly beans melted and mixed in. Yuck.

I too have seen it on clearance at bargain stores. Like the entire bottom shelf full marked 90% off.

Not to defend the stuff - because I tried the SkinnyGirl Margarita stuff and it wasn't good - I shop at several different large chain grocery stores in a large southwestern city and I see this stuff stocked all the time. And I have seen it displayed for at least two years so the booze at least is selling in my area well enough to get reordered.

• Love 2

Ha, I can't believe it just clicked into place. b is totally using her housing as a tax write off. Not just a mortgage write off, but a business expense. I don't have a problem at all with people taking any deduction they can, nope not me. She is intermingling everything into her business. She is a slick one, that b.

Wow, you're really stewed, aren't you? ;)

• Love 2

I don't see the SG brand surviving long-term. JMO.

Good thing she sold when she did.

Wasn't there a product called "Skinny Bitch"? I vaguely remember someone (at TWOP) mentioning it and saying Bethenny stole the name. Was I hallucinating?

I remember a writer/ columnist called Skinny Bitch

Why is she doing yoga poses in a bikini? I have lived in LA all my life and have never seen anyone do yoga in a bikini, it looks gross and this is the 2nd one she posted in 3 days. But remember she does NOT want ANY attention. LOL

If I looked like Bethanny, I'd be doing yoga poses in a bikini as well. She doesn't want to have her marital/custody issues be the center of attention.

• Love 2

Ha, I can't believe it just clicked into place. b is totally using her housing as a tax write off. Not just a mortgage write off, but a business expense. I don't have a problem at all with people taking any deduction they can, nope not me. She is intermingling everything into her business. She is a slick one, that b.

Absolutely, and she also intermingled a baby, and a man she married into her business to launch it. She is the ultimate user. Despise her.

• Love 8

I loved Heather's TH about Bethenny being a hot mess (to paraphrase) who's overly aggressive half the time and a weeping mess during the other half.

It was also rich watching Beth, the ultimate manic personality, literally running from Ramona while referring to the others as manic. IMO, she's taking a shit ton of Adderall.

• Love 7

I loved Heather's TH about Bethenny being a hot mess (to paraphrase) who's overly aggressive half the time and a weeping mess during the other half.

It was also rich watching Beth, the ultimate manic personality, literally running from Ramona while referring to the others as manic. IMO, she's taking a shit ton of Adderall.

I thought her saying "me. me" to Ramona applied equally to Bethenny.  One thing I thought was over the top bad is when Bethenny said she was on vacation and would rather not spend her time cooking.  Stop.  Bethenny cooks because it affords her control.  Anyone who doesn't hang is being mean to martyr Bethenny, the cook errr chef.  There was a totally capable chef, who seemed to be ready, willing and able to fix the salad and whay appeared to be food for the crew. 

Bethenny and Carole went to the bar to make drinks for everyone-why were they so disturbed when Ramona interrupted-where were the drinks?  Where was their bartending?    They need to ask Bethenny to STOP volunteering to make the meals and make the drinks-that is what the paid staff is for - I am sure the staff would not mind if she cleaned up after herself and the others.  They left Sonja with a mess.  Talk about entitled.

• Love 5

They need to ask Bethenny to STOP volunteering to make the meals and make the drinks-that is what the paid staff is for

She expects to dictate everything - topics of conversation, what they're eating, and what they're drinking. I think B might have gotten her way and made drinks behind the bar just like she wanted to* because they showed her pouring a red pitcher of drinks for the table. Lu says it's really good, and B replies, "Aw, thanks."

*But hey, she doesn't want any attention!

• Love 6

I thought her saying "me. me" to Ramona applied equally to Bethenny.  One thing I thought was over the top bad is when Bethenny said she was on vacation and would rather not spend her time cooking.  Stop.  Bethenny cooks because it affords her control.  Anyone who doesn't hang is being mean to martyr Bethenny, the cook errr chef.  There was a totally capable chef, who seemed to be ready, willing and able to fix the salad and whay appeared to be food for the crew. 

Bethenny and Carole went to the bar to make drinks for everyone-why were they so disturbed when Ramona interrupted-where were the drinks?  Where was their bartending?    They need to ask Bethenny to STOP volunteering to make the meals and make the drinks-that is what the paid staff is for - I am sure the staff would not mind if she cleaned up after herself and the others.  They left Sonja with a mess.  Talk about entitled.

IMO, the ONLY reason Bethenny offered to make drinks for them was to do a sales pitch to the owner about her SG alcohol line and Ramona interrupted her! LOL

• Love 9

IMO, the ONLY reason Bethenny offered to make drinks for them was to do a sales pitch to the owner about her SG alcohol line and Ramona interrupted her! LOL

Bethy has an alcohol line?  I had almost forgotten.  lol 

I am expecting the line of SkinnyGirl paddleboards to hit the market soon.

BTW congrats, SkinnyWire!!  I enjoy your posts and perspectives and envy your memory.

• Love 4

Now see I think that's smart marketing.

• Love 9

Bethenny was the main reason I decided to dip my toe back in the RHONYC waters. I kind of liked her the first few seasons! But now? Someone upthread compared her to a demented chipmunk and that's the comparison I'm going with. She certainly does not create must-see-tv for me and I have "watched" more of this season vicariously through this board rather than subject myself to her enormous ego.

The idea that they're attempting to retcon her reputation through new THs is really unfair to the others.

• Love 8

Hmmm.  I don't know if I buy it.  However, his clothes are looking baggy on him in that second picture.  If they're really a couple, you can bet he'll be a svelte 170 before the end of 2015.  Even if they're just friends, expect chub to be shed.  I don't think Bethenny has fat friends. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Hmmm.  I don't know if I buy it.  However, his clothes are looking baggy on him in that second picture.  If they're really a couple, you can bet he'll be a svelte 170 before the end of 2015.  Even if they're just friends, expect chub to be shed.  I don't think Bethenny has fat friends. 

Remember Nick Feitel, her fellow foodie and her website's food blogger?  He got fit.

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20332412_20662047,00.html

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 1

Remember Nick Feitel her fellow foodie and her website's food blogger?  He got fit.

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20332412_20662047,00.html

Wow.  Good for him.  And good for Bethenny if she helped him.  I just looked at some pictures of Eric and he's lost quite a bit of weight since the spring.  Nothing wrong with helping the people you care for get healthy.  As long as they want the help. 

Listening to Bethenny's voice while, at the same time, cutting back on carbs and doing a spin class would surely kill me, though.

• Love 9

I can't stand Patti Stanger & I hate to quote her, but as she would say, Eric's picker is off.  Way off.  Run, Eric.  Run fast & run quick & run hard.  But just run, run, run, run, run, run.  Bethenny's romances never end well.  Gotta be a reason for that.

• Love 7

If I looked like Bethanny, I'd be doing yoga poses in a bikini as well. She doesn't want to have her marital/custody issues be the center of attention.

I personally don't care to see anyone doing yoga positions in a bikini and don't care how fit they are. It's obvious Beth is so desperate for ANY attention and it's not what yoga is really about. Just happy that every yoga studio I have been to is all about Yoga and we MUST wear appropriate clothing.

• Love 2

Hmm well I guess stranger things could happen. I don't dismiss any of the rumors anymore. Last year I would have sworn on my mother's grave that Bethenny would never come back to RHNY. That's how sure I was of that. Lol

• Love 2
(edited)

Wow... they seem to be as random a couple as it gets.  At first.  But remember when Eric Stonestreet went off on Twitter tearing into Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley for being rude to his mom on a plane? He called them "two old ass makeup wearing fucks."  LOL, total awesomeness (Paul is okay I guess, but I have personal reasons for hating Gene Simmons.  The guy is just a fucking pig).

If you've never seen him on the talk shows, know that Eric Stonestreet is really nothing at all like the character he plays on Modern Family from what I have seen.  He is borders on being a little brash and that is on TV. So I think he is probably a pretty live wire in person.  Thinking of it like that, Bethenny and him sort of make sense.  Except for well... you know.  He is a handsome man but he is a little on the big side.  Good for Bethenny if she is looking past that and seeing the person inside, which is most important any way.   

I hope they are a couple for realz because I think the two of them together must be as funny as hell.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 2

What is that pile of goo we're gonna see lying outside Bethenny's Soho place in a few weeks?  Oh, that'll be poor, poor, poor Eric after Bethenny chews him up & spits him out -- er, that is, after she may have been mildly amused by him for a bit & then suddenly had enough.

• Love 3

Bethenny's romances never end well.  Gotta be a reason for that.

She "sucks at relationships, so you don't have to." (In bookstores now.)

Bethenny's always talking about how the tabloids make stuff up, but when Kristen talks to them, B is all, "Well it was in QUOTES!" Fuck off, Bethenny.

• Love 6

Run Eric Run!!!!!

"He has an incredible relationship with his parents, especially his mom," and is "very proud of his mid-western roots."

That right there will be the kiss of death.  Jason had a great relationship with his family too, and it bugged the crap out of B.

• Love 8

Brynn really is adorable.  The older she gets, the more she looks like Jason.  And that's a good thing.  

Jason is looking FINE as hell. I know some around here hate him, but the man has some good DNA. Brynn really does look like him. 

• Love 11

Oh no, she di'int. Patti Stanger, you in danger girl.  Don't you know to NEVER talk about your friend, Bethenny in the press? 

http://www.eonline.com/news/676710/bethenny-frankel-s-friends-carole-radziwill-and-patti-stanger-share-their-honest-thoughts-on-eric-stonestreet

I don't think there's any truth to the rumor that they are a couple.

When Andy asked Carole about it on WWHL (the 'news' broke that afternoon or the night before) Carole looked like she had no idea what he was talking about.  So either it's not true or Carole hasn't talked to Beth in a while.  Because she looked totally surprised.  And I don't think Carole is that good an actress.

Oh no, she di'int. Patti Stanger, you in danger girl.  Don't you know to NEVER talk about your friend, Bethenny in the press? 

http://www.eonline.com/news/676710/bethenny-frankel-s-friends-carole-radziwill-and-patti-stanger-share-their-honest-thoughts-on-eric-stonestreet

I don't think there's any truth to the rumor that they are a couple.

When Andy asked Carole about it on WWHL (the 'news' broke that afternoon or the night before) Carole looked like she had no idea what he was talking about.  So either it's not true or Carole hasn't talked to Beth in a while.  Because she looked totally surprised.  And I don't think Carole is that good an actress.

Bethenny tweeted that they are NOT a couple not long after the "story" broke!  I do agree PS will hear about talking to the press but more so because she made this comment "It's a bit of social-climbing move" about Bethenny! " LOL Heads will roll!

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't see Beth and Eric Stonestreet as a couple-so mismatched.   He seems like a sweetheart and Beth would see that as a weakness.  

I have no idea if they're a couple or not, but I listened to him when he was on Howard Stern maybe last year and he didn't sound like the super sweet type. He had a cutting sense of humor and talked a lot about hooking up with randos on Tinder. I didn't dislike him at all, but didn't get sweetheart from him.

Edited bc Twitter and Tinder are most definitely not the same thing.

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 1

2A9040C500000578-3162907-image-m-132_143

Brynn really is adorable. The older she gets, the more she looks like Jason. And that's a good thing.

She is Jason's mini me. She always has been. I don't know what Jason's been doing different but its agreeing with him : )

• Love 1
(edited)

Just to say that I finally signed up for a membership at the sailing club, who has a "stand-up paddle" section ! I don't like bethenny, but kudos to her for confirming my wish to give it a try :)

I usually swim :

BNhn3wV.jpg

... but the sailing club is... OK, you see where the marina is, lol !

EDIT : It's totally off topic -but B related- but I promised myself to post something nice here as soon as I have something nice to say :)

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 1

I think she's saying Bethanny's activity on vaca inspired her to take up paddle boarding as well.

So that's great ... now i just see Bethanny is going to slap the Skinny Girl logo on Sports equipment. Why not?

• Love 4
(edited)

Bethenny's True Hollywood Story is airing on E! now. Or maybe it's a 5 minute bit of nonsense where they glance upon her issues and fellate her for the other 4 minutes. I don't think I've ever seen an interstitial THS.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4

If I answer that as an actual question and not simply a rhetorical one?  I'd say yes.  It's called the last season of her own reality show.

It was both, and ... great point!

She is Jason's mini me. She always has been. I don't know what Jason's been doing different but its agreeing with him : )

I hope he's doing well, and thank God Brynn looks like him.