Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

On many levels this is a frightening story-But no relationship is perfect. Adds the source: “They do fight, and will go a few days without talking, but it typically doesn’t last that long.”   Wow how could these two possibly consider marriage if the norm is going a few days without talking after a fight.

• Love 5

She'd be the first to tell you, that what we saw on that program was real. 

All I know is that on this show, she's proclaimed numerous times (and even in a tagline, IIRC) that she's nothing but the realest. If her behavior is now being chalked up to her playing a character, then that would make her a FatLiarGirl.

Yes, Bethenny has said it and I believe she also wrote about it in her first book.

The bulimia jaw doesn't lie...

image.png.a1f00820512943479e127f20cbbacbac.png

• Love 2

Dennis Shieds- 

Shields, who lives on the 42nd floor, and is Real Housewives of New York star Bethenny Frankel's on-again-off-again boyfriend, said he was alerted to leave the building by Donald Trump's personal attorney, Michael Cohen.Shields, who said he grew up with Cohen, said the lawyer at the heart of the Stormy Daniels saga called him personally. 'He said, ''Are you in the building?'' I said, ''Yes.'' He said, ''You better get out ASAP.'' That's how I knew to get out, otherwise I'd still be in there.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5590571/Presidents-lawyer-Bethenny-Frankels-partner-Evacuate-Trump-Tower-fatal-fire-raged.html#ixzz5CD2pUKyy 
I wonder how Dennis knew to contact the press.  

Maybe more relevant on the Luann thread " Law enforcement agents spent several hours at the Loews Regency hotel"  I wonder if Tom gave Cohen the head's up?  https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/04/fbi-raids-michael-cohen-new-york-hotel 

• Love 3

I've never had bulimia, but, if you saw a picture of me, you'd apparently say I had it, as I have "bulimia jaw"  As it turns out, I have had a really bad case of TMJ since I was a teenager, to the point that I've had surgery and it hasn't helped.  My masseter muscles are WAY overdeveloped and my face is a completely different shape than it used to be.  I've been researching having botox to try to address the pain, and it turns out that it can also help atrophy the muscles and maybe get my face to go back to it's original shape, which is what Bethenny had done.  She may very well have been bulimic, but, she has said quite clearly that she had major TMJ issues and had botox for it, which changed her face shape.  

• Love 7

So Dennis Shields lives in Trump Tower and was there the day of the fire this week. Interesting wonder if this is where the walk of shame occurred where B met Trump the morning after she described at last year’s reunion. And wonder if this is why she kept quiet on how she voted. Dennis doesn’t want hassles where he lives if she ran her mouth about Trump. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Minzy said:

Or they contacted him.

Why would they contact Dennis? There are literally dozens of celebs in the building.  My point is maybe better expressed this way-Dennis seemed to have pretty much a zero public persona before he met Bethenny.  Now he is on speed dial with the press?  Only Dennis or his camp could have told the press about the C&D he sent Jason.  The only thing that made Dennis' statement press worthy was his name drop of Michael Cohen.  

The other thing that I question. . . .sources close to Dennis saying he wants to marry Bethenny.  I get that Bethenny loves to be pursued and loves the idea every man she meets wants her.  Dennis business and its very nature are questionable at best so I always figured this marketing major had a reason to stay below the  radar.  Now it seems he wants the world to know how connected he is.  

I also am curious because http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-star-bethenny-frankel-dating-update had Bethenny exploring on-line dating.  It just seems as if Dennis is trying to get Bethenny's attention.

• Love 2

Why would they contact Dennis? There are literally dozens of celebs in the building.

Why wouldn't they? Maybe he was the only one who answered his phone.

My point is maybe better expressed this way-Dennis seemed to have pretty much a zero public persona before he met Bethenny.

My pov is when you are dating/have dated a reality TV star, the media is going to be more interested in you. The public as well.

The only thing that made Dennis' statement press worthy was his name drop of Michael Cohen.  

And his relationship with Bethenny too, I am guessing. 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Minzy said:

Why wouldn't they? Maybe he was the only one who answered his phone.

My pov is when you are dating/have dated a reality TV star, the media is going to be more interested in you. The public as well.

And his relationship with Bethenny too, I am guessing. 

Why would the Daily Mail have Dennis's phone number?  Or more importantly why would he answer?

There are many  RH men who the press and public in general have little or no interest in or who do their best to avoid the media.  He and Bethenny are broken up and his grand exposure on the show was one appearance.  I think Dennis is trying to create interest and name drop. Maybe it has to do with his alleged quest for Bethenny's hand in marriage.

I break it down this way, a man died in a high rise fire, six fire fighters were injures, it took 200 firefighter to tend to the blaze, there is not a sprinkler system in the apartment nor a working fire alarm, the person who built the building is famous, the famous person put out an incredibly self-serving tweet, the deceased had been the subject of an Andy Warhol painting,  there is a process by which residents are informed of the fire to prevent mass exodus and blocking the fire fighters from entering.  CNN's synopsis vs. the Daily's Mail is quite striking.  For Dennis the exposure was about how connected he is-he has an apartment in the Trump building, he grew up with Michael Cohen (maybe Dennis can loan Michael money for his legal fees) and he dated Bethenny Frankel.  Just sounds a little "look at me" and very desperate.  https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/09/us/trump-tower-fire/index.html

Bethenny when she was divorcing Jason, who in six years has said pretty much nothing to the press, tried holding Jason enjoyment of meeting Ellen deGeneres and Bethenny's fame and access to the benefits against him-even called him a few names and made it part of her case in chief against Jason.  I am curious if she will someday hold Dennis to the same standard.  ore importantly will she hold it against him.  Dennis should learn from his predecessor - one day you are in the next you are out.

• Love 5

Why would the Daily Mail have Dennis's phone number?  Or more importantly why would he answer?

Why wouldn't they know how to get in touch with someone, even if they are HW adjacent? Thats their job. 

He'd answer for the same reason anyone else would answer, I suppose.

There are many  RH men who the press and public in general have little or no interest in or who do their best to avoid the media.

But many also don't live in a building owned by the POTUS that caught fire, and seem to know the POTUS' lawyer.

I think Dennis is trying to create interest and name drop.

I'm not sure what he would need to create interest in or for. He has money, is know for his relationship with a reality TV star, and doesn't seem to be angling for his own show.

CNN's synopsis vs. the Daily's Mail is quite striking. 

They're both different organizations with different styles. The DM isn't known for hrd hitting journalism, they tend to go for the celebrity angle in a lot of their stories.

Just sounds a little "look at me" and very desperate. 

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

• Love 4

I've never had bulimia, but, if you saw a picture of me, you'd apparently say I had it, as I have "bulimia jaw" 

That wouldn't be apparent at all. I'm sorry you made that assumption and took my comments about a reality tv celeb personally.

Posters have mentioned that Beth has said/written that she had an eating disorder (and a quick Google search seems to verify that). When comparing pics of her in her younger years that have been posted here to the one I posted above - where IMO she's very underweight - it seems pretty clear to me that she isn't naturally skinny. Also, supposedly TMJ can sometimes stem from an eating disorder. So, I'll stand by my initial comment regarding her jaw. Obviously, YMMV.

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:10 PM, ryebread said:

Okay, I'll give you the narcissism part as amateur diagnosis, but the unhealthy self image is not an opinion, nor is the bulimia a guess unless she's lied about suffering from both. Which is entirely possible. This is Bethenny we're talking about. 

Just say she demonstrates say narcissistic traits, you can't argue with that. It is plain as day.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Many things are joked about in these forums.  

They certainly are  -- you could even say the forums exist primarily for fun and humor and serving up sacred (housewife) cows on a bun :)

All I know is that on this show, she's proclaimed numerous times (and even in a tagline, IIRC) that she's nothing but the realest.

"Frankel is a fake" doesn't strike me as much of a defense (or likely true).  I think her shit is real and ugly and not an act - I was raised by a narc, and Frankel absolutely sounds and acts like one herself -- but if she's acting,  step aside Meryl, Julianne and Frances McD, there's a master thespian in the house.

that would make her a FatLiarGirl.

LOL

Her new line of pork products!

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Many things are joked about in these forums.  Things that are real problems for someone or another, from soup to nuts.  I'll give a blanket 'ymmv' here, in advance of any unintended offense.

Oh, no worries. I'm not offended at all.  I think I might have expressed my point better had I not used the word "joke" since it appears to be creating confusion about what I meant.  I didn't mean to imply that humor is inappropriate.  I was just trying to say that I didn't find your suggestion to another poster that a point I made could be circumvented if they employed more subtle phrasing particularly funny. Sorry for the confusion. 

I would never discourage people from laughing at the housewives and having fun here on the threads. I know that's why I come here! 

On 4/10/2018 at 1:14 PM, jaync said:

Posters have mentioned that Beth has said/written that she had an eating disorder (and a quick Google search seems to verify that).

I've actually done a couple of long, drawn out Google searches on the subject and can't find any story where Bethenny says she personally had an eating disorder. We were talking about this before and it does keep getting repeated, as you say. But it just seems like somewhere on the web there would be a quote from her about it. She talks about all kinds of food issues growing up but nowhere does she say she had bulimia, at least not that I can find. I think this is a myth, frankly. I don't believe she ever said anything of the sort. And her jaw is the result of TMJ just as @Smores explained.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 5

I think her shit is real and ugly and not an act - I was raised by a narc, and Frankel absolutely sounds and acts like one herself -- but if she's acting,  step aside Meryl, Julianne and Frances McD, there's a master thespian in the house.

Not to mention, if it is an act, then why choose to be such a brittle, unlikeable bitch?

But it just seems like somewhere on the web there would be a quote from her about it.

I found direct quotes attributed to her pretty much right off the bat, so it's most definitely not a myth.

And her jaw is the result of TMJ just as @Smores explained.

smores explained her/his personal experience with TMJ, which isn't conclusive of Beth's situation. It's your opinion that the appearance of Beth's jaw was solely a result of her having TMJ, whereas it's my opinion that it wasn't. Neither of us knows for a fact, thus we speculate.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, jaync said:

Not to mention, if it is an act, then why choose to be such a brittle, unlikeable bitch?

Lots of people actually like Bethenny, and it seems like tons of people who clearly don't like her can't seem to stop talking about her, nonetheless. So to answer your question .... because it's working? LOL

Seriously,  tho ... I actually don't think anyone has suggested Bethenny's entire persona is an act. Just that certain types of behaviors are ramped up for the show. I think they all do it,  to be honest. 

1 hour ago, jaync said:

I found direct quotes attributed to her pretty much right off the bat, so it's most definitely not a myth.

You found a direct quote from her where she says she has suffered from bulimia in particular? I'm not doubting you. I'm just saying I've looked and can't find such quotes from her myself.

1 hour ago, jaync said:

smores explained her/his personal experience with TMJ, which isn't conclusive of Beth's situation. It's your opinion that the appearance of Beth's jaw was solely a result of her having TMJ, whereas it's my opinion that it wasn't. Neither of us knows for a fact, thus we speculate.

I thought that went without saying. At any rate, I agree with smores, who actually suffers from TMJ and pointed out that it can result in a jaw like Bethenny's. In the absence of evidence she has bulimia, I assume TMJ is the cause. We dont have to agree, it's all good ; -)

• Love 5
On 4/13/2018 at 1:46 PM, jaync said:

Right?  The old Bethenny (with the naturally pretty face, self deprecating wit,  and very sharp -- but not cruel -- eye  on her fellow humans) would find this version of herself endlessly mockable and deeply sad. 

I don't think she's faking anything, she just seems to be turning into that monster who raised her.

eta: old Bethenny here - throwing shade right and left (her Luann bit at 32 seconds will always be funny) but however sharp her comments,  imo, there was also a lightness to it all; nothing mean-spirited running underneath it all, a lack of cruelty.  Today, she sounds like a vicious Catskill insult comic in need of medication.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, film noire said:

Right?  The old Bethenny (with the naturally pretty face, self deprecating wit,  and very sharp -- but not cruel -- eye  on her fellow humans) would find this version of herself endlessly mockable and deeply sad. 

I don't think she's faking anything, she just seems to be turning into that monster who raised her.

I think the difference in Bethenny now vs. then is about 50% due to the edit she receives and 50% due to her evolving self confidence. Bravo has its own ideas about how each woman is going to come across and they cut the tapes accordingly. Plus I don't think Bethenny feels the need to be quite as cute as she did back when she was younger and poorer and hadn't come into her own yet. Now that she has, she feels less inclined to put up with other people's shit, basically. 

I find the assertion that Bethenny is turning into " the monster" that raised her to be cruel and unfair toward Bernadette.  The underlying idea seems to be that Bethenny is a horrible human being, but I don't recall anyone reporting that Bernadette was some kind of horrible person. She was a woman with a drinking problem and eating disorder who had volatile relationships with men, essentially an addict and victim of domestic violence. I don't think that makes her a monster.  She's made some mistakes more recently letting herself be led by the press into making some regrettable comments about her daughter, and I feel she is making a big mistake in refusing to build a relationship with her only grandchild. But I think calling her a monster is an overstatement.  She's a flawed human being, like we all are. 

• Love 4

Both women are damaged and act accordingly, imo.

I personally do not care for Bethenny’s aggressive communication style. When Ramona comes at you with mace don’t respond with a cannon.

OTOH, what B has accomplished in her business life is incredible. I am at awe of her tenacity and hard work. Good for her.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I think the difference in Bethenny now vs. then is about 50% due to the edit she receives and 50% due to her evolving self confidence. Bravo has its own ideas about how each woman is going to come across and they cut the tapes accordingly. Plus I don't think Bethenny feels the need to be quite as cute as she did back when she was younger and poorer and hadn't come into her own yet. Now that she has, she feels less inclined to put up with other people's shit, basically. 

I find the assertion that Bethenny is turning into " the monster" that raised her to be cruel and unfair toward Bernadette.  The underlying idea seems to be that Bethenny is a horrible human being, but I don't recall anyone reporting that Bernadette was some kind of horrible person. She was a woman with a drinking problem and eating disorder who had volatile relationships with men, essentially an addict and victim of domestic violence. I don't think that makes her a monster.  She's made some mistakes more recently letting herself be led by the press into making some regrettable comments about her daughter, and I feel she is making a big mistake in refusing to build a relationship with her only grandchild. But I think calling her a monster is an overstatement.  She's a flawed human being, like we all are. 

Bethenny, herself, calls her mother a monster, among other unflattering names. As for Bernadette refusing to build a relationship with Bryn, it is Bethenny stopping that from happening, not Bernadette. I do agree that it is a big mistake for Bernadette to talk to the press about Bethenny but I get it, she has been vilified by Bethenny on the show and in the press, I would want my truth/story to be told as well. Bethenny has no issue using her mother/childhood to garner sympathy on the show and she is even mixing Bryn into that mess for sympathy as well now. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny, herself, calls her mother a monster, among other unflattering names. As for Bernadette refusing to build a relationship with Bryn, it is Bethenny stopping that from happening, not Bernadette. I do agree that it is a big mistake for Bernadette to talk to the press about Bethenny but I get it, she has been vilified by Bethenny on the show and in the press, I would want my truth/story to be told as well. Bethenny has no issue using her mother/childhood to garner sympathy on the show and she is even mixing Bryn into that mess for sympathy as well now. 

It is really sad for the three B. I hope that Beth will make an attempt at some kind of a safe relationship among themselves.

PS: privately and not for public consumption.

It would be a great gift for all involved, imo.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny, herself, calls her mother a monster, among other unflattering names. 

I am well aware of the fact that Bethenny has a contentious relationship with her mother, but I don't recall Bethenny ever using the word "monster" to describe her. At any rate, given Bethenny's oft criticized use of hyperbole, I would think echoing her (alleged) use of the word would be frowned upon, not used as a justification for repeating the insulting term. 

20 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

As for Bernadette refusing to build a relationship with Bryn, it is Bethenny stopping that from happening, not Bernadette. 

After Bernadette's ice cold response to Bethenny and Bryn calling her, I don't blame Beth for deciding it was not in Bryn's best interest to have her connect with Bernadette. That all falling apart is on Grandma in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I do agree that it is a big mistake for Bernadette to talk to the press about Bethenny but I get it, she has been vilified by Bethenny on the show and in the press, I would want my truth/story to be told as well. 

Bernadette regularly makes comments on things about Bethenny's life that have absolutely nothing to do with her. She does a lot more than just tell her side of the story. She has publicly insulted Bethenny's business acumen, her marriage, wanted to stick her nose into the custody battle ... none of these these things involve Bernadette in the slightest. There is no aspect of her "truth" being told when she says her daughter is a moron who just got lucky in business and she will end up cheating on her husband!

• Love 9
13 hours ago, film noire said:

eta: old Bethenny here - throwing shade right and left (the Luann bit at 32 seconds will always be funny) but however sharp her comments,  imo, there was also a lightness to it all; nothing mean-spirited running underneath it all, a lack of cruelty.  

This clip reminds me how great Bethenny and Jill were together and what made NY the most enjoyable* franchise for awhile -- not shrieking over tequila like Vix and Tamra, not slinging endless passive-aggressive remarks like Kyle and LVP. Just 2 friends who enjoyed each other's company. Too bad that's gone forever.

* IMO IMO!!!!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I am well aware of the fact that Bethenny has a contentious relationship with her mother, but I don't recall Bethenny ever using the word "monster" to describe her. At any rate, given Bethenny's oft criticized use of hyperbole, I would think echoing her (alleged) use of the word would be frowned upon, not used as a justification for repeating the insulting term. 

After Bernadette's ice cold response to Bethenny and Bryn calling her, I don't blame Beth for deciding it was not in Bryn's best interest to have her connect with Bernadette. That all falling apart is on Grandma in my opinion.

Bernadette regularly makes comments on things about Bethenny's life that have absolutely nothing to do with her. She does a lot more than just tell her side of the story. She has publicly insulted Bethenny's business acumen, her marriage, wanted to stick her nose into the custody battle ... none of these these things involve Bernadette in the slightest. There is no aspect of her "truth" being told when she says her daughter is a moron who just got lucky in business and she will end up cheating on her husband!

While, it would have been lovely for Bernadette to take the high road, she had a right to clap back after a while.

Bethenny exposed all of her secrets for public consumption without a care for her mother, father, stepfather’s reputation.

Beth will regret it one day. And she really, really need to make peace with her past for her to be able to live her best life, imo.

And I for one, can see that she is becoming her mother.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Initially, all Bernadette commented on was what Bethenny was saying about her childhood, she didn't start commenting about Bethenny's life until Bethenny started making Bernadette's very personal secrets very public. Bethenny still uses her mother for sympathy on the show, so I'm not surprised that Bernadette claps back at Bethenny. 

As for Bethenny having Bryn's "best interest" in mind, she was never going to introduce them to begin with, just like she never had any intention of introducing Bryn to her ex step father either. This is Bethenny playing for viewer/fan sympathy/support and nothing more. IMO, Bernadette knows Bethenny well enough to know/realize that Bethenny was lying about this as soon as she heard Bethenny tell the story on the reunion. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Agreed. The way she speaks to the press about her only child speaks volumes to me. It's all I need to know.

• Love 2

I wouldn't introduce my child to Bernadette either.

My ex husband never introduced our children to his estranged father and, knowing what I know of him, I never blamed him for it. 

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Initially, all Bernadette commented on was what Bethenny was saying about her childhood, she didn't start commenting about Bethenny's life until Bethenny started making Bernadette's very personal secrets very public.

That's not how I remember things.

From the minute Bethenny opened up about Bernadette she told all. She didn't come out with more personal, secret things years later that motivated Bernadette to make those totally unrelated attacks on Bethenny. She put it all out there from the start.

Bernadette stepped up her trash talking when Bethenny started having success in business and got married and had a child. It wasn't because Bethenny made any new revelations about her.  Honestly, it smacked of petty jealousy to me. 

As for Bethenny having Bryn's "best interest" in mind, she was never going to introduce them to begin with, just like she never had any intention of introducing Bryn to her ex step father either. 

How could anyone possibly know this? 

I think (meaning this is my opinion, not a statement of fact) that if Bernadette had not been such an icy bitch when Bethenny called her, she would have kept moving forward. Because Bryn wanted to know her grandmother. 

Bethenny does have Bryn's best interests at heart. Sadly, this means keeping her away from Bernadette.

IMO, Bernadette knows Bethenny well enough to know/realize that Bethenny was lying about this as soon as she heard Bethenny tell the story on the reunion. 

Bethenny and her mother have had virtually no contact since Bethenny was a teenager. Bernadette doesn't know Bethenny at all.

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That's not how I remember things.

From the minute Bethenny opened up about Bernadette she told all. She didn't come out with more personal, secret things years later that motivated Bernadette to make those totally unrelated attacks on Bethenny. She put it all out there from the start.

Bernadette stepped up her trash talking when Bethenny started having success in business and got married and had a child. It wasn't because Bethenny made any new revelations about her.  Honestly, it smacked of petty jealousy to me. 

How could anyone possibly know this? 

I think (meaning this is my opinion, not a statement of fact) that if Bernadette had not been such an icy bitch when Bethenny called her, she would have kept moving forward. Because Bryn wanted to know her grandmother. 

Bethenny does have Bryn's best interests at heart. Sadly, this means keeping her away from Bernadette.

Bethenny and her mother have had virtually no contact since Bethenny was a teenager. Bernadette doesn't know Bethenny at all.

Bethenny first said things like she was "raised by wolves" and then moved on to saying that her mom had a drinking problem/ED and that is when Bernadette went from saying Bethenny was lying (no BD parties/showing BD party pictures) to out and out spilling Bethenny's secrets (wrecking her and Bethenny's dads cars).

Bernadette didn't just get nasty out of nowhere, when Bethenny/Jason married/had Bryn, they talked about Bernadette on the show, again, Bethenny knew that if she talked about her mother, her mother would talk about her. Both were wrong doing it but Bethenny started it and kept doing it, almost like she was daring/hoping her mother would talk because she knew so many viewers would (and did) side with her. Don't throw the first stone then cry victim when your target throws them back at you, which is exactly what Bethenny has done.

Bethenny met with and then told her ex step-father that she was going to introduce Bryn to him but she never did. Then 2 years later she says the same thing about her mother/Bryn and says will include him so that both can meet Bryn. Par for the course, it never happened and IMO, she never intended for it to happen, she was just playing smoke/mirrors to take the heat off of her own bad/ugly behavior at the reunion.

Should Bethenny keep Bryn away from Bernadette, probably but then she needs to quit saying she will introduce them. IMO, Bernadette knows exactly who Bethenny is at her core, just as much as Bethenny knows who Bernadette is at hers. Both are vile women in my opinion.

• Love 8

nitially, all Bernadette commented on was what Bethenny was saying about her childhood, she didn't start commenting about Bethenny's life until Bethenny started making Bernadette's very personal secrets very public.

These very personal secrets would be the alcoholism and abusive behavior by Bernadette and the stepfather right?

And there's never been any real question that Bernadette and the stepfather were an abusive mess - the stepfather admitted it in an episode, right?

So, in my opinion, abusers don't get to cry "she is telling my very personal secrets" when the person doing the outcry is the victim of the abuse. Bernadette was the abuser of a child, she doesn't get to bitch when her victim outs her. Its pretty rich that the victim in this case is the one being faulted. I suppose Bethenny should lie and say her mother was lovely lest her mother's very personal secret of vile behavior be known. The victim is at fault for outing the abuser, lovely.

Heck, I am surprised Lifetime hasn't made a movie of the horrors *Bernadette* went thru, having her daughter telling her very personal secrets.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

These very personal secrets would be the alcoholism and abusive behavior by Bernadette and the stepfather right?

And there's never been any real question that Bernadette and the stepfather were an abusive mess - the stepfather admitted it in an episode, right?

So, in my opinion, abusers don't get to cry "she is telling my very personal secrets" when the person doing the outcry is the victim of the abuse. Bernadette was the abuser of a child, she doesn't get to bitch when her victim outs her. Its pretty rich that the victim in this case is the one being faulted. I suppose Bethenny should lie and say her mother was lovely lest her mother's very personal secret of vile behavior be known. The victim is at fault for outing the abuser, lovely.

Heck, I am surprised Lifetime hasn't made a movie of the horrors *Bernadette* went thru, having her daughter telling her very personal secrets.

That her mother suffered an ED was personal and it wasn't germane to the show when Bethenny revealed it, nor was her alcohol addiction. The abuse?, Yes because it was her explanation as to why she was/is like she is, now it comes across as her go to excuse for treating others horribly (see her treatment of Jules as an example). Yes, her ex step-father admitted to it after being accused on national TV for years but that doesn't make it correct for Bethenny to put out there in the first place. Also, even in Bethenny's rendition, Bernadette is a victim of abuse as well but Bethenny places all blame on her, not her step-father. 

Bethenny doesn't get to have Her say and then not expect some clap back from those she goes after, there are always 2 sides to a story. 

I never said that Bernadette was an innocent bystander in this, she is responsible for her part in it but so is now adult Bethenny.

• Love 4

Yes, her ex step-father admitted to it after being accused on national TV for years but that doesn't make it correct for Bethenny to put out there in the first place.

I didn't realize there was an etiquette to outing someone as an abuser. Forgive me but you seem to be saying abuse victims should be silent until they have permission from their abusers to speak publically and Bethenny should have kept her mouth shut as her abusers did not get a say in how she presented their bad acts. 

I don't believe Bethenny was the abuser in this. I'm genuinely shocked Bethenny revealing abuse is Bethenny at fault and victimizing her abusers. Maybe if Bernedette and Parisella didn't want their kid badmouthing them publically, they should have been less abusive.

Bethenny doesn't get to have Her say and then not expect some clap back from those she goes after, there are always 2 sides to a story. 

You're going to really need to quote where I said this, as I didn't. I said she didn't get to bitch that her secret got told, not when her secret was her abuse. 

I don't care how much of a very personal secret it was, it was abuse and Bethenny has every right to discuss it publically.

If Bernadette bitches back, so be it, but no one has said "Bethenny gets to have her say and no one better say boo". I have a problem with your statement that Bethenny was wrong to reveal the abuse because it was a very personal secret. I don't think there's any right way for abuse to be revealed and I really don't feel sorry for Bernadette in the slightest if she was embarrassed because she's an abusers. Abusers lose the right to have their flaws presented politely and carefully by their victims, in my opinion.

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 8

You know what the difference is?

Bethenny is talking about facts. She is telling the story of her upbringing and her experiences - the things she saw, what she went through, what happened to her. I think it is entirely germaine to a show that is about her life.

Bernadette, on the other hand, is simply venting. She hurls insults, makes dismissive, resentful, derogatory comments, and she engages in name calling. She long ago passed the point of simply explaining her side of things. At this point her vitriolic comments appear designed primarily to besmirch her daughter's character. Whether her intention is to distract from her own culpability or to undermine Bethenny's credibility (or both) I can't say, but the upshot is Bernadette doesn't have the facts on her side so she is making personal attacks on Bethenny about things that have nothing to do with her.

I don't understand how Bethenny has no right to talk about the situations she was actually subjected to as a child but the things Bernadette says can be written off as "clapping back" when the situations she comments on have absolutely NOTHING to do with her. It seems like an incredibly unfair double standard to me.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Bethenny is talking about facts. She is telling the story of her upbringing and her experiences - the things she saw, what she went through, what happened to her. I think it is entirely germaine to a show that is about her life.

Bernadette, on the other hand, is simply venting. She hurls insults, makes dismissive, resentful, derogatory comments, and she engages and name calling. She long ago passed the point of simply explaining her side of things. At this point her vitriolic comments appeared designed primarily to besmirch her daughter's character. Whether her intention is to distract from her own culpability or to undermine Bethenny's credibility (or both) I can't say, but the upshot is Bernadette doesn't have the facts on her side so she is making personal attacks on Bethenny about things that have nothing to do with her.

I don't understand how Bethenny has no right to talk about the situations she was actually subjected to as a child but the things Bernadette says can be written off as "clapping back" when the situations she comments on have absolutely NOTHING to do with her. It seems like an incredibly unfair double standard to me.

What I think a lot of people are also missing is that Bernadette's behavior is classic for the abuser.  She is hurling insults, delegitimizing Bethenny's stories, etc.  She is angry that she has been outed as an abuser. This is (unfortunately) why a lot of people don't come forward with their claims of abuse.  The victim is always attacked by both the abuser and the abuser's defendants (be they legal or just fans). We (general, not specific to the board) need to be more cognizant of how we treat and talk about victims of abuse. 

Her history also doesn't absolve  Bethenny of any responsibility if she does something heinous. I don't think anybody is saying that. We have seen Bethenny in therapy numerous times on both RHONY and her spinoff. But her upbringing is going to have longstanding effects on her personality and her ability to form and maintain relationships with others. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Bernadette, on the other hand, is simply venting. She hurls insults, makes dismissive, resentful, derogatory comments, and she engages in name calling. She long ago passed the point of simply explaining her side of things. At this point her vitriolic comments appear designed primarily to besmirch her daughter's character. Whether her intention is to distract from her own culpability or to undermine Bethenny's credibility (or both) I can't say, but the upshot is Bernadette doesn't have the facts on her side so she is making personal attacks on Bethenny about things that have nothing to do with her.

Facts?

This is where the problem is.  Because Beth lies or “exaggerates”so much it is hard for some viewers to believe her.

Was she mistreated as a child? Without a doubt.

Were her parents wolves? Not in my opinion. Mr Frankel for instance fought to get custody of his daughter, that is admirable especially for the time. 

As far as what Bernadette has said to the tabloids, wth knows if it is really accurate? She was not interviewed by the NYT.

Also, the way Beth treated the Hoppy family was despicable. So there is that. She had no problems victimizing those people. 

The whole tale is sordid. 

I am rooting for Brynn at this point.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

What I think a lot of people are also missing is that Bernadette's behavior is classic for the abuser.  

Yes - she talks about her own daughter with less compassion and understanding than the mothers of serial killers do - there is no insult too low, no comment too cruel for her to say publicly. 

Moron. Liar. Shark. Got lucky. Owes her success to the smart people around her.   "I have no feelings for her at all."  "It's stupid for her to have a second baby, she can't even take care of Bryn" "She's not a good mother" "I had a daughter who died". 

This is what she's publicly saying,  in her late sixties -- six decades of life have brought her here, saying the ugliest things possible about her own child to any fucking TMZer who calls -- as much as I dislike Frankel, I'd take her side any day against the sour-souled barbaric pissant  who gave birth to her. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

What I think a lot of people are also missing is that Bernadette's behavior is classic for the abuser.  She is hurling insults, delegitimizing Bethenny's stories, etc.  She is angry that she has been outed as an abuser. This is (unfortunately) why a lot of people don't come forward with their claims of abuse.  The victim is always attacked by both the abuser and the abuser's defendants (be they legal or just fans). We (general, not specific to the board) need to be more cognizant of how we treat and talk about victims of abuse. 

Exactly. 

• Love 3