Type keyword(s) to search

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

dog talk.jpg

The thing is, I think all of the "Me" lines are meant to be quiet. I actually say all of that to my dog on a regular basis. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, ABay said:

My cat does that! Every time I get up, she has to come over and stare at me.

That's what mine do whenever I'm on the phone. Not only does Nathan stare at me, he yells at me too. Elizabeth gets upset if I don't answer it quickly enough.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 4/13/2022 at 9:59 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

dog talk.jpg

You can easily change this to accommodate a second dog by interjecting "First!" 

At least that 's my experience with Harper.....

Edited by bosawks
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Harry and Wilma seem to have a sort of detente w/Kathy, my newest cat (they'll eat with her, and she can eat with them), but Kathy and Sally have strained relations; if Kathy even gets around Sally, Sally will hiss and growl; I don't know what to do about those frozen relations.

• Love 3
On 4/11/2022 at 11:40 AM, peacheslatour said:

Here are some tips I found:

Giving your cat a soft, warm bed that is easy for your cat to get into and out of

Providing a ramp up to places they like to rest — such as your bed, a couch, or a window seat

Providing a litter box with one low side for easy access

Keeping everything your cat needs — like the litter box, food, and water — on one floor of your house

Using soft brushes for grooming

Helping them maintain a healthy weight to put less stress on their joints

I hope it's helpful.

I would second all this. My beloved Mr Norris in my avatar made it to 20 (died June 2020). I gave him low sided litter boxes in 2018 and it helped him a lot. 

If it fits, Cavendish will sit. 

Forgive the dirt on the floor. 

3938748D-1B5B-44B0-9291-296FE4ABA175.jpeg

09C9A937-8E92-4693-A689-C04D2013C8E4.jpeg

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

My cat has arthritis in her hips, poor thing. I switched from litter boxes to a washing machine drip pan and a tray meant to be the bottom of a dog crate. Very low sides. I also got two heated pats made for cats and she loves them. Her food bowls and water fountain sit on low boxes, like a litter box laid flat, too.

• Love 7

Our neighbors informed us that one of their cats has died this morning. She was an outdoor cat, but they have been feeding her and she sometimes stayed at their place overnight. She was only 7 years old, almost 8, just few months younger than our cat. She and her sister have been left here by their mother as kittens and our neighbors have been taking care of them since then, while also having another one at home. When they went on holidays, we used to feed the cats.

I am so sad about this. She wasn't our cat, but she has been a part of my life for the last 8 years. I was always happy to see her when I went out or came home and always said hello and she would meow at me. We have been planning to move to a different place for some time but have been delayed by the pandemic, then my mother's health problems, and now the lack of affordable flats in our city. And while I want to move to a bigger place, my one concern was that I would be so sad to not see those cats anymore. I can't believe that now I won't get to see this one. I think she was my favorite from all 3 of those cats, always so cute and wanting to be pet. They don't know what happened to her, apparently she was fine in the morning, ate and went outside and then they just found her laying dead in the yard. I didn't expect something to happen to such a young cat. I have that constant sense that my cat will most likely die before me, same as my parents, so I have to be eventually prepared for that, but I wouldn't expect that to happen for years and now I'm reminded that it can potentially happen anytime.

This year sucks so much already and it's just April. 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, supposebly said:

My Scully has been coughing and hiccuping for the last few weeks. She had an X-Ray yesterday. I hope it's nothing too serious. Results should be available in a few days.

PXL_20220419_155606363.jpg

All my appendages crossed for her. 

• Love 8

Every once in a great while, Riley will get hiccups after she eats; she just did it yesterday, but it had probably been a couple of years since the last time.  My friend had a kitten who pretty much always got hiccups after eating, because she scarfed down so much at a time, without chewing, she took in too much air.  Thankfully, she grew out of that.

But it happening regularly over the course of weeks, and in conjunction with coughing, that I haven't experienced.  My fingers crossed for Scully, @supposebly, and calming thoughts to you as you wait for the results.

That is indeed a great picture of Quirk, @EighteenTwelve.

And granddog Elsie looks mighty content, @ginger90.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I suspect Quirk is cute from almost all angles!

I'm sure of it!

The hiccuping doesn't happen after eating and it gives her discomfort. And she's a slow eater, so the vet thinks it's something unrelated to eating. Also the coughing indicates that. She's otherwise fine, so I try to be optimistic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Elsie’s pose today when I entered my daughter’s house. She’s obviously not impressed that I was there to let her out! 🤣😂🤷🏼‍♀️

C2ACE90E-DAAA-4408-B865-661D63FD81FE.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, Bonnie R. said:

I feel as if I am in the presence of a queen!  Are you sure you didn’t mean to put this picture on The Royals forum?

She was head of all the food, as in she chose which bowl and other cats can wait.

• LOL 8
5 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Does she know my cat Lily by any chance :p? 

It is even more fun if they wait until a brave soul walks to a bowl, and then she would shoulder them aside and eat from that bowl.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

It's 82 degrees and sunny here, so of course my little fur princesses, who have been wailing for 60 days (at least) to be let out into the screened porch, are fast asleep.  Inside the house.  😺

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • LOL 12
59 minutes ago, nokat said:

It is even more fun if they wait until a brave soul walks to a bowl, and then she would shoulder them aside and eat from that bowl.

Yep, that definitely sounds like Lily, too :p. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
Just now, Annber03 said:

Yep, that definitely sounds like Lily, too :p. 

Elizabeth just leans her enormous girth against poor, old Nathan and he just gives up. We have to watch him like hawks when he has food or he won't get any.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Elizabeth just leans her enormous girth against poor, old Nathan and he just gives up. We have to watch him like hawks when he has food or he won't get any.

When my mom gives our cats treats, she waits to do so until each cat is in a different part of the room, or in two separate rooms. Mitsi tends to eat her food a little more slowly, while Lily just gobbles hers down ,and so since Lily tends to finish her treats more quickly than Mitsi, if she's close by, she'll come over and try and eat some of Mitsi's treats. So my mom's taken to making sure that they're separated enough to where Mitsi can enjoy her treats without Lily interfering. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

When my mom gives our cats treats, she waits to do so until each cat is in a different part of the room, or in two separate rooms. Mitsi tends to eat her food a little more slowly, while Lily just gobbles hers down ,and so since Lily tends to finish her treats more quickly than Mitsi, if she's close by, she'll come over and try and eat some of Mitsi's treats. So my mom's taken to making sure that they're separated enough to where Mitsi can enjoy her treats without Lily interfering. 

Nathan is one of those cats that eats a bit, walks away and comes back every five to ten minutes to eat more. This was never a problem when he had his carefree bachelor lifestyle but since we got her, it's been crazy! I've been giving Nathan afternoon treats in the bedroom while she is staring at the squirrels out the window in the living room. I used to close the door but now, she doesn't interfere. It's only when feeding them in the kitchen where it's a problem.

• Love 6

I come here off and in and look at the pictures. Such sweet pets you all have!

Reese reminds me of my Monkey. Still miss my cats.

Not ready for another pet but have applied to foster with a good organization. I have to do some training modules for the next step.

I've never done fostering before, I hope it will work out. I can't foster kittens but if there are older cats in need it might be a good fit. 

Edited by cleo
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, cleo said:

I come here off and in and look at the pictures. Such sweet pets you all have!

Reese reminds me of my Monkey. Still miss my cats.

Not ready for another pet but have applied to foster with a good organization. I have to do some training modules for the next step.

I've never done fostering before, I hope it will work out. I can't foster kittens but if there are older cats in need it might be a good fit. 

How kind of you to foster! I am sure you will do well with it.

AND Lady Reese is banned from my room. She chewed through my ring light cord! OOOOOOOO this girl. I ordered a replacement and then am returning this one.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

AND Lady Reese is banned from my room. She chewed through my ring light cord! OOOOOOOO this girl. I ordered a replacement and then am returning this one.

Oh, that’s so annoying! One of my cats did that when she was a kitten (teething, I think). Someone told me to rub Vicks Vapo-rub on cords to deter her. I think the smell alone did it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3