Type keyword(s) to search

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

• Start Topic

On 12/30/2021 at 2:20 PM, Bastet said:

Ah, thanks - that makes sense (and is cute); I'm not familiar with that movie, but I also couldn't figure out how a kitten old enough to be fixed didn't have any teeth, so I had no guesses on the name origin. 

Awww that’s precious. 

Toothless was amazing, what a cute name for a black cat. I personally LOVE black cats (as you can see by my profile photo). 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Luna:

CC59FD66-C649-4A62-A140-FCF7E654C605.jpeg

I've been trying to examine the picture to see if it's some kind of metaphor for 2021.  Like the goat is on a balance beam about to be hoisted into the unknown.

But if it's just a cute picture of a goat, I'm good with that.

Edited by SoMuchTV
Metaphor, not allegory. Or maybe it’s simile?
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, SoMuchTV said:

I've been trying to examine the picture to see if it's some kind of allegory for 2021.  Like the goat is on a balance beam about to be hoisted into the unknown.

But if it's just a cute picture of a goat, I'm good with that.

Could be either, but it’s my daughter’s silly goat. 😁

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

They had been in the shelter almost a year. I could NOT leave them.

This starts my 2022 off right; I have not been doing much smiling lately, but I am now sitting here grinning like a fool.  I'm so happy they have, at long last, found their forever home.  And I'm glad you and Cosmo have feline family again.  Congratulations to all.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Moose135 said:

Sweet new kitties, @Scarlett45! I hope you all have a great time together.

After a couple of foggy, damp days, it cleared up some today, so 70 degrees and sun meant Jake had some fun on the beach for the New Year.

JM_2022_01_01_Jake_the_Aussie_Outer_Bank

Jake looks like he’s having an amazing time. His fur makes him look like he’s flying. 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

He's having a blast! He really loves the beach, but the water? Not so much.

Cosmo hates the water too. Also the beach and the heat. My dog and I are exact opposite in temperature preferences. 

We are having our first big snow fall in Chicago this season, Cosmo was SO HAPPY. We came in from evening walk and I said “are you covered in SNOW??” I swear he thought that was funny because he shook his fur vigorously to get the snow off!

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
On 1/1/2022 at 9:43 PM, Moose135 said:

He's having a blast! He really loves the beach, but the water? Not so much.

My dog Elly, hated the water, as well, but I would find myself being pulled to the water, if he saw ducks. A few times, I was afraid that I was going to find myself joining them. 

Otherwise, he didn't even want to walk along the edge of the water. My dog Two (needs a better name) is the same way. Although he can't walk anymore, we're still trying to help him. I had a longer post about that, but I'll save it until later.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I had a rough day working (I’m WFH right now), and Cosmo was trying to give me moral support. 

EBF08F27-10CE-4F93-9330-83B302A678A1.jpeg

FEA4D8CC-C03F-404B-9C81-FFBEC5373BD7.jpeg

You are lucky to have such a handsome guy’s support. The kitties and I hope the rest of your week is easier. Purrs. 

• Love 5

I’m allergic and have spent lost of my life with cats. My allergies really flared up postpartum. I still cuddle with my kitties even if I do get swelling and rashes at times now.

My now 13 month old has a new job he takes very seriously: feeding the cats their wet food. He walks out with their little paper plate (guided by me) and sets it down so gently. He loves them to pieces and one of his first words was “Ella” (one of my cats names) and he is always looking at them and saying “cat” and giggling. I definitely have a future cat dad on my hands. My kitties still can’t stand him, though.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
1 minute ago, AgentRXS said:

I’m allergic and have spent lost of my life with cats.my allergies really flared up postpartum. I still cuddle with my kitties even if I do get swelling and rashes at times now.

My now 13 month old has a new job he takes very seriously: feeding the cats their wet food. He walks out with their little paper plate (guided by me) and sets it down so gently. He loves them to pieces and one of his first words was “Ella” (one of my cats names) and he is always looking at them and saying “cat” and giggling. I definitely have a future cat dad on my hands. My kitties still can’t stand him, though.

Awww…kitty Dad in training. Super sweet. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I had a rough day working (I’m WFH right now), and Cosmo was trying to give me moral support. 

EBF08F27-10CE-4F93-9330-83B302A678A1.jpeg

FEA4D8CC-C03F-404B-9C81-FFBEC5373BD7.jpeg

That's the sweetest moral support I've ever seen?  

How are the kitties doing?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Cranberry said:

I posted Crystal and Casper eight years ago when I started this topic. They're still kicking! Crystal is 15 (and toothless) now and Casper is 12 in February.

That's awesome! I was looking at the post I made on the first page of this topic and saw pictures I posted of Carl (cat) and Danny (dog) who were the official first and second ever pets named Best Pet in the House.  It is a title currently not held, as you have to be truly special to hold that title. (Like Carl and Danny.)

Still going strong from my first post in 2014 is Jessie the Bearded Dragon. She's currently in winter mode, so mostly inactive. I'll get her some nice raspberries and gross giant green worms in late February when she snaps out of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Ah pets. I love them so... but I'd really like to someday have a. moderately clean house. Has anyone figured out how to allow hte dogs to lay on the sofa and not end up with a really smelly sofa? I do have a sofa cover, which they pull off half the time. Help me, please... If I light any more scented candles, I am in serious danger of burning the house down.

The culprits:

Chance the Dog, Age 12, AKA "First Pet" and "The Goodest Boy." Adopted by my husband and daughter before they met me, Chance is especially attached to my husband, who was eating Paleo at the time and spent most evenings sharing raw steak with Chance.

Then there is Furry Kitty, Age 8, AKA "Pickens" and "Pickles." She rules the roost as the dogs still have not learned that is has claws and will use them.

After Kitty came Denver, age 8, AKA "Small yellow Dog." He was a stray, running the mean streets of West Virginia before he came into rescue. He enjoys guarding the house and going for walks.

Somewhat unexpectedly but no less happily, Elle arrived. Elle is a lab/boxer mix, about three years old. She wants to play. With anyone. Most of the current residents weren't too happy about this so along came...

Bella - age 1. Very playful. She and Elle bonded instantly and spend all day wrestling running around the yard and knocking the furniture around. 

IMG_3922.thumb.jpeg.54e400ef1a567f427347e658e33bba3a.jpeg

IMG_4285.jpeg

IMG_0362.jpeg

IMG_5206.JPG

IMG_5759.jpeg

• Love 23
On 1/6/2022 at 11:34 AM, Suzn said:

That's the sweetest moral support I've ever seen?  

How are the kitties doing?

They are good. My Chewy order with new stuff for them finally arrived. I got them crunchy dental treats, a few toys and some cans of wet food to see what they like. It feels right that they are here. I still miss Blake so much, but it’s fun having younger cats again. Learning about them and their personalities. 

Here’s a photo of Cavendish (grey) hanging out on the sofa cushions, and Lady Reese (the tortie) lounging on top of the Christmas tree skirt as I was packing the Christmas things away this weekend. Torties are STEALTHY. She goes missing about once every other day! I’ve never had a cat hide so well. 

A2D0FAC8-AA17-4C4C-97E5-A7218D84DF26.jpeg

49096321-1A62-437E-B073-F257770DA693.jpeg

• Love 19
On 1/7/2022 at 9:59 PM, Elizzikra said:

Ah pets. I love them so... but I'd really like to someday have a. moderately clean house. Has anyone figured out how to allow hte dogs to lay on the sofa and not end up with a really smelly sofa? I do have a sofa cover, which they pull off half the time. Help me, please... If I light any more scented candles, I am in serious danger of burning the house down.

Buy yourself 2 gallon bottles of white vinegar from Costco or Sam’s club. Get a old spray bottle- fill 2/3 with vinegar and 1/3 with water. Spray that sofa down initially EVERY night (the vinegar smell dissipates I promise). After about a week of that you would only have to spray it about once a week (like a last thing before you head up to bed type thing). 

It’s cheap, non toxic, won’t discolor your fabric. Vinegar will get smells out of ANYTHING. I have spent my life as a caregiver to disabled persons who are incontinent and wear diapers- white vinegar is one of my best friends. Nothing in any home I have lived in spells like urine. You can also toss a cup of white vinegar and baking soda into your washing machine when you wash the sofa covers. 

Let me know how it goes. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

They are good. My Chewy order with new stuff for them finally arrived. I got them crunchy dental treats, a few toys and some cans of wet food to see what they like. It feels right that they are here. I still miss Blake so much, but it’s fun having younger cats again. Learning about them and their personalities. 

Here’s a photo of Cavendish (grey) hanging out on the sofa cushions, and Lady Reese (the tortie) lounging on top of the Christmas tree skirt as I was packing the Christmas things away this weekend. Torties are STEALTHY. She goes missing about once every other day! I’ve never had a cat hide so well. 

A2D0FAC8-AA17-4C4C-97E5-A7218D84DF26.jpeg

49096321-1A62-437E-B073-F257770DA693.jpeg

I'm glad to see Cavendish and Lady Reese settling in.  The tortie coat looks made for camouflage, but cats seem to be able to go invisible.  I can still get sucked into the hunt for a "missing" cat who suddenly appears out of thin air saying "were you looking for me?".

You'll always miss Blake - the well-loved kitties are never replaced, but it is wonderful to start adventures with new cats to get to know.

• Love 7