Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings And Scheduling: I Can't Do This Alone

kimrey
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, bozodegama said:

I really don't know much about the media but why wouldn't they pair up Supernatural with Wayward Sisters?  It seems like they would get a lead in audience of fans to start.  Then, after they are established after the first year, they could move Wayward to it's own night.  Just a question for someone who knows better.

I would guess they won't pair them together. As someone else pointed out, historically they usually don't pair their motherships with their spinoffs. I think it has more to do with setting the two shows apart and allowing them to each live and breath on their own. Wayward sprung from Supernatural, but it's not Supernatural, so pairing them together might actually be more of a problem than a help. 

3 hours ago, bozodegama said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this so, if it isn't, someone should tell me.  Has  anyone seen the new Black Lightning show?  I heard it was pretty good and I watched a few episodes the other night.  It's not bad for a CW superhero show, some of the other ones are a little tedious.  I'm not that crazy about all the hip hop music but it's going to be impossible to please a music dinosaur like me.  Just curious if other Supernatural fans liked the show?

I haven't seen it yet because I'm an idiot and keep forgetting about it, but of all the promos I saw this fall, this was the only show I felt was promising. TBH, I've had a really hard time this season because nothing new has struck my fancy, so I keep re-watching old gems. But, thanks for the reminder on Black Lightning! Maybe it'll be my new favorite. ;)

7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm not sure why people latched on to the idea that Arrow would to Sundays. I'd expect a more female skewing or a family shpw, Wayward Sisters, Supergirl, Charmed or that new Berlanti drama about the HS Football star in Beverly Hills on Sundays

Yeah, that was my first thought too. I think they'll be looking for those viewers who don't watch Sunday Night Football instead of trying to directly compete for them. I actually kinda expect Supernatural to stay on Thursdays. I'd prefer it to move back to the later slot, but it seems to be doing okay at the earlier. And, I wonder if Arrow would actually fair better in the earlier slot? I get why they did it the way they did, but can't help but wonder sometimes... .

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

TWD is the highest rated show on TV. The avg demo for TWD this season is 6.72 with 13 million viewers. TBBT is only pulling in a 2.92 in the demo and around 14 million viewers. Yes, I know more viewers but they're outside the demo so they don't count ?

GoT is 3.85 in the demo and 7.69 million viewers. 

Of course another big ratings show is Sunday Night Football, 6.1 in the demo and 18 million viewers. Compare that to Thursday Night Football at 4.5 demo and 14 million viewers.

I'm not sure why people latched on to the idea that Arrow would to Sundays. I'd expect a more female skewing or a family shpw, Wayward Sisters, Supergirl, Charmed or that new Berlanti drama about the HS Football star in Beverly Hills on Sundays

I don't dispute what you're saying - just asking the question: This website shows TWD numbers significantly lower than what you have here (granted, only through December) and a definite downward trend. https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/amc-network-tv-show-ratings-33643/

TWD is honestly not on my radar (nor is GoT) - I've never seen an episode. Honestly wouldn't know it was still on the air if not for JDM being on it, lol. I also don't pretend that SPN could compete with it, but from what I've seen, relatively speaking its (SPN) audience is both stable and portable - it doesn't seem to matter where they put it. I've only been a fan for a few years and I don't think its been on the same night/time season-to-season, yet. LOL!

SPN fans who didn't warm up to the backdoor pilot won't bother with WS if it's on another night. They might stick around if it's right after SPN, though.

The CW lacks strong (or even decent) lead-ins as well as genre variety until midseason comes. Pair WS with a meh performing superhero show or a brand new one that's not established and it's as good as dead. It will be among the first shows they have no problem axing, I can guarantee that.

There's not enough data about spin-off on the CW to draw conclusions, especially when both Arrow and TO were paired with SPN at some point because it makes for a great companion, for lack of a better word.

I'm all for switching WS to another night once it's found its audience, but for its first year they've got to keep it with SPN.

Edited by BoxManLocke
41 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't dispute what you're saying - just asking the question: This website shows TWD numbers significantly lower than what you have here (granted, only through December) and a definite downward trend. https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/amc-network-tv-show-ratings-33643/

TWD is honestly not on my radar (nor is GoT) - I've never seen an episode. Honestly wouldn't know it was still on the air if not for JDM being on it, lol. I also don't pretend that SPN could compete with it, but from what I've seen, relatively speaking its (SPN) audience is both stable and portable - it doesn't seem to matter where they put it. I've only been a fan for a few years and I don't think its been on the same night/time season-to-season, yet. LOL!

I pulled from spotted ratings, looks like I pulled last year's data by accident. Here's this year's data, it is significantly down but, more people watch it than SPN/Arrow and, that Demo is still pretty freaking high especially for a cable show.

More to the point your interesting or lack there of in GoT, TWD, Ash vs Evil Dead or Football is irrelevant. 

Mark Pedowitz has to design a schedule that is (semi) competitive and, puts the shows in the best position for the network as a whole.

So as the CEO of a Network, do you put a 7 year old male skewing show that has been on the decline for 2 years up against other male skewing shows? Or do you counter program and make your brand new Sunday night lineup something that might appeal to people who don't watch Sports, Fantasy, Horror shows? 

• Love 2

Yep, definitely got your point now. Thanks. :)

PS... I'm also Canadian, so my interest is even less relevant than you thought. :)

PS2... I did say it was all about meeeeeeee. :) :)

Edited by gonzosgirrl
1 hour ago, BoxManLocke said:

SPN fans who didn't warm up to the backdoor pilot won't bother with WS if it's on another night. They might stick around if it's right after SPN, though.

IMO, they might be able to get those that didn't like the pilot but they are going to have to really rework it from the premise laid out with it being the Claire show and give IMO clear evidence it will much more balanced or give me more Donna and Jody, then I'll be more inclined to watch. I might stick around if there is nothing else on, but it won't be my first choice, as it stands now. I don't think I'm alone in this opinion either.

And like I said, there are probably an equal number of viewers who loved it just as it was, or will watch it regardless of it being the Claire show or anything else so they won't need to be convinced to watch.

I still don't think they will split up SPN and Arrow at this point. I wish they would move them both back to Wednesday but that's just me.

• Love 1

From a fellow forum member in the Arrow thread, relevant to SPN

1 hour ago, strikera0 said:

Live+7 ratings for week 19:

Arrow (6x12): 0.8 in A18-49 and 2.135 million viewers

Supergirl (3x12): 1.0 in A18-49 and 3.322 million viewers

The Flash (4x12): 1.7 in A18-49 and 4.431 million viewers

Riverdale (2x12): 1.0 in A18-49 and 2.395 million viewers

Black Lightning (1x03): 1.4 in A18-49 and 3.766 million viewers

Supernatural (13x12): 1.0 in A18-49 and 2.628 million viewers

Jane The Virgin (4x09): 0.6 in A18-49 and 1.277 million viewers

Maybe, since they seem to be aiming at a younger audience, they might pair it with Riverdale?  Seems to be the right demographic for it, and might build up non-SPN watchers for the future.  

2 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Maybe, since they seem to be aiming at a younger audience, they might pair it with Riverdale?  Seems to be the right demographic for it, and might build up non-SPN watchers for the future.  

Wasn't it paired with Riverdale last season?

2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Ohhh, I misunderstood.

Happens to the best of us :)  (I probably wasn't clear since we were talking about too many things at the same time.) And of course it's assuming WS will be picked up in the first place...

Edited by ahrtee
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Yep, definitely got your point now. Thanks. :)

PS... I'm also Canadian, so my interest is even less relevant than you thought. :)

PS2... I did say it was all about meeeeeeee. :) :)

I get that and Sunday is the one night I don't want Arrow or SPN to move to because I love SNF (even if I have to listen to Collinsworth) 

I just like to play Network Head and pretend I'm putting together a schedule. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm really wrong. I never would have moved Arrow to Thursday nor moved SPN to 8PM. I still think Arrow/SPN would get better ratings if they flipped the times.

But, sadly I don't run The CW so I can only play at scheduling the network.

4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

TWD is honestly not on my radar (nor is GoT) - I've never seen an episode. Honestly wouldn't know it was still on the air if not for JDM being on it, lol.

3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Here's this year's data, it is significantly down but, more people watch it than SPN/Arrow and, that Demo is still pretty freaking high especially for a cable show.

Interestingly, these two things might actually be related - I know they are for me. If you (general you) think John Winchester was somewhat of a jerk, he is nothing compared to JDM's character on The Walking Dead (and I'm not even bothering with the "in my opinion" here, because it isn't needed. ; ) ) And not even - for me at least - an entertaining kind of jerky character (like Metatron for me) either. More like a sadistic Fonzi (he wears a too small leather jacket) with apparent back problems and a penchant for bad and even boring dick jokes (which my inner 12 year old didn't even know those existed, but Negan comes up with them). I don't think I've seen a character before that I wanted soooo much to just die already! Please, please die! Hee. (I'd rather watch Lucifer any day of the week if that explains how much I hate this character.)

So I'm guessing some of those falling ratings are because of people who feel the same way as I do... and considering they pretty much killed my favorite character, but JDM's is still around, I'm guessing more viewers might start jumping ship soon. I know I will be.

As for Game of Thrones, I don't watch that one so I couldn't comment on how that show is doing. I don't have HBO and I've heard that they kill off a lot of characters... and in general, I find it hard to get invested in shows where the characters get killed off a lot - unless somehow that's the point of the show going in*** - because I like to watch for the characters more than the plot.

*** Which was kind of the point of Siberia, but I still ended up hoping they didn't die - hee. I wish that show had done better, because I enjoyed the hell out of that show - Damn The Dome which it was up against and stole the ratings - and then wasn't even that good (in my opinion).

4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I never would have moved Arrow to Thursday nor moved SPN to 8PM. I still think Arrow/SPN would get better ratings if they flipped the times.

Hee - for me if SPN is going to stay on Thursday, I'd rather SPN stayed at 8. I have too much stuff on Thursday at 9 already - Will & Grace and Project Runway* (original and/or All Stars edition). I don't have a DVR - that I know of? who knows my cable box could be one? - so I usually watch SPN, then W&G, then the last part of Project Runway and then rewatch PR during the reshowing. I'd have to put Will & Grace off until Friday night late or Sunday or something on On Demand... and I'm not that patient. Hee.

* And I know... what kind of weird viewer am I that I watch such disparate shows? What can I say, I'm a strange one.

Yeah i agree about TWD.  Really went downhill after JDM came into the show.  I stopped watching it.  GOT really won’t be much of a competition for Sunday’s because i think there will only be 6 new shows for the whole series sometime in 2019.  They really need some new, great tv shows.  I’m starting to watch way too much cable nEws which doesn’t entertain, it just makes you angry.  I need to laugh and be entertained.  2 whole weeks until SPN is back.  

9 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

TWD is the highest rated show on TV. The avg demo for TWD this season is 6.72 with 13 million viewers. TBBT is only pulling in a 2.92 in the demo and around 14 million viewers. Yes, I know more viewers but they're outside the demo so they don't count ?

GoT is 3.85 in the demo and 7.69 million viewers. 

Of course another big ratings show is Sunday Night Football, 6.1 in the demo and 18 million viewers. Compare that to Thursday Night Football at 4.5 demo and 14 million viewers.

That's what I was thinking.  If I was going to go family, I'd probably do Supergirl at 8 (it's reasonably stable) and pair it with a new show - I also think Wayward and Charmed are good pairing options.  Not sure about a Football star opposite the NFL.  On the other hand the Roswell reboot might gain a foothold.   

• Love 1
On 2/15/2018 at 10:58 AM, catrox14 said:

What happened to Elementary? Did it get cancelled?

I was just browsing TVLine's Renewal/Cancellation sheet and Elementary is scheduled to return April 30th. No clue if it was renewed or not still, though this doesn't bode well.

Just as a point of emphasis--SPN continues to be a ROCK STAR for the CW with regards to ratings--it is now this week reached second most popular show on the network only behind the Flash.  It's the same thing that happened in the second half of last year and it continues amazingly in its 13th season.  Outstanding.  And Flash was only .1 ahead of SPN--.7 to .6

• Love 5

I don't know why the colour is always 'Below Average' on this chart when this is approximately the average for Supernatural.

I did see an interesting ratings chart (about a year ago, I think) that  revealed that The CW ratings are actually more secure when compared to other networks.  People don't watch live anymore.  The number of commercials is now intolerable, not to mention those annoying banners that pop up at the most interesting moments in the program.

• Love 1
(edited)

Quoting myself given discussion in the spoilers thread... no spoilers here though

This is why I'm much less certain that the rest of you that the SPN will get the best treatment.  I stand by that the end of the show will be announced at Paleyfest.  Maybe this season, maybe s14. 

I think SPN SHOULD fall in the category of getting a heads up like shows in the Berlanti verse,  but that doesn't mean they will or it's pre ordained just because it's SPN. 

On 2/15/2018 at 8:44 AM, quarks said:

For the record, since 2013, the CW has cancelled the following prime time scripted shows:

Nikita (2013, three seasons/6 follow up episodes), Cult (2013, one season, 13 episodes), The Carrie Diaries (2014, two seasons), The Tomorrow People (2014, one full season), Star-Crossed (2014, one season, 13 episodes), Significant Mother (2015, one of the CW's rare forays into sitcoms; originally developed for the CW Seed, released in August as part of the CW's attempt to to provide year round programming, 9 episodes), The Messengers (2015, 13 episodes),  Hart of Dixie (2015, three full seasons, one 10 episode season), Beauty and the Beast (2016, two full length seasons, two shorter seasons), Containment (2016, one 13 ep season), Frequency (2017, 1 13 episode season), No Tomorrow (2017, 13 episodes) Reign (2017, 2 full length seasons, 2 shorter seasons), The Originals (2018, 3 full length seasons, 2 shorter seasons), and The Vampire Diaries.

Most of those, of course, were just short one episode seasons - but even there, interestingly enough, Frequency did not receive an official cancellation notice until May 2017 - months after its last episode aired in January 2017. It had better live numbers/ratings than Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, and its showrunners said a second season was under consideration as late as April 2017.  The CW was reportedly still considering a second season of The Tomorrow People as late as March 2014, when The Tomorrow People was filming its last episodes.

Of the rest, six can be considered somewhat long running or long running shows (Nikita, Hart of Dixie, Beauty and the Beast, Reign, The Vampire Diaries, and The Originals.) As Morrigan2575 noted above, Hart of Dixie did not get a heads up. Nor did Reign or Beauty and the Beast. That's a good half of the recently cancelled long running shows. If we add in The Carrie Diaries, which also did not get a heads up (although, as with Hart of Dixie, its showrunners read the tea leaves, and it only ran for two seasons), it's more than half.

Of the remaining three, as Morrigan2575 also noted, The Vampire Diaries didn't get a heads up because it wasn't exactly cancelled by the CW - the actors/showrunners quit. After the finale ended, the writers noted that they didn't have as much time to end one of the couples (either Damon/Elena or Stefan/Elena, I forget) the way they had originally hoped to. Nikita is a somewhat unusual case - I've just checked, and a) they did not get a heads up that they were getting cancelled until after the third season stopped filming, and b) since they were not warned in time to wrap up their storyline, Warner Bros Television asked for additional episodes so that they could wrap up the show, making it an easier sell to a streaming service. They requested 10 episodes and got six.  

Since all of the current CW shows are already sold to Netflix and are available for purchase on Amazon/Google Play/iTunes, that same situation doesn't apply to anything currently on the CW.  

Look, to repeat again, I'm pretty confident that Arrow and Flash will get some advanced notice - assuming that the shows don't follow the example of The Vampire Diaries and tell the CW that they're out, rather than vice versa.  But not because the CW tends to give their shows advance notice of cancellations - recent history suggests the direct opposite. I think that the CW will make an exception for these shows because Flash has been their flagship show for four seasons now (with Arrow right behind it until the last third of its fourth season) and because Berlanti is producing more than half of their current content, and even with the Sunday night expansion, will still be producing about half of their current content.

On 2/13/2018 at 4:21 PM, quarks said:

(blinks)

1. No, the CW is not very good at letting their shows know when they plan on ending them - several showrunners have been very clear on this point. The CW didn't, for instance, let Reign know that the fourth season would be its last until after Reign had scripted its season finale - leaving Reign scrambling and ending up needing to make an emergency casting call and writing its series finale scenes on set. I mean, yes, I think we can all agree that Reign really should have seen that cancellation coming, but they didn't.

Reign is hardly the only CW show to make this complaint. 

2. No, it's not a huge selling point to Netflix to have shows with proper endings. This includes their own in-house shows - the Sense8 guys had to actually fight to get a proper ending (though, to be fair, that was partly because that was an extremely expensive show).

With the CW specifically, Netflix has said that Arrow and Flash are two of their more popular shows, and are streamed more than The Vampire Diaries - even though as of right now, neither has a proper ending. 

3. The CW doesn't need to inform WB Television or CBS Television Studios of their renewal decisions until a couple months prior to filming - one reason why their decision a few years ago to announce renewals in January took everyone by surprise; they didn't need to make those announcements until April or even May. Same thing is true for all of the Arrowverse shows.

All that said, given that Berlanti is currently providing a good half of the CW's original content, the CW presumably will want to give him a bit more of a heads up.  Or Berlanti might want to make sure that Arrow and the other DC shows get some sort of proper ending, and try to work out some sort of timing thing with the CW in advance, so that everyone knows, going in, that season 7/8/whatever is the last. Or not - given the Arrowverse setup, Arrow could easily have an unplanned "whoops, we got cancelled" ending, and have its actual goodbye/ending over on one of the other shows. Sure, I think Arrow fans would be upset, but the structure is there.

Edited by catrox14

It wouldn`t surprise me to see SPN given a shortened final 14th Season, to get to 300 episodes. But right now I do belieeve they will make it a marketing stunt "watch the final episodes ever of..."

Additionally, I think all of the Arrow-verse shows will receive a renewal. Flash is a no-brainer, Supergirl and Legend are doing pretty okay by network standards, as does Black Lightning and equally I believe in "watch the final episodes ever of" Arrow, maybe a shortened Season 7 as well. They could share with Legends, one in the fall, the other in the spring. Though maybe not if they want another 4-way-crossover. After that the contracts run out and I can`t see them bothering.  

Riverdale should be safe as well. 

Beyond that, they ordered a lot of Pilots but are also extending programming to Sunday. And of course I expect some time-sharing Pilots, that is 13-episodes pick-ups with some shows held for mid-Season.  

I could even see SPN moving to Sundays. It`s the most stable show with time-slot shifting. They might use it to anchor the night. Yes, I know female counter-programming might work better there considering Walking Dead but SPN has been up against shows targeted for the same audience before.

• Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Yes, I know female counter-programming might work better there considering Walking Dead but SPN has been up against shows targeted for the same audience before.

I'd have no conflict anymore. I'm DONE*** with The Walking Dead. Negan pretty much put the show in death throes for me, and after Carl, that was it. And I don't think I'm the only one who has been asking themselves "why am I still watching this show?" concerning TWD over the last couple of seasons. I think some TWD fans might be glad for a potential alternative.

And I think we're currently up against Gotham? I've not watched that show, but have heard that it's a pretty good genre type show.

*** And that took a bit considering my local attachment to the show. But not even the prospect of seeing places from the town I live in is enough to get me to watch that show again.

Edited by AwesomO4000

Regarding advanced notification for a final season - I know it was prior to 2013, but their longest-running (at the time) show "Smallville" got that "final season 10" promotion and a chance to wind their story up properly. I believe we will get the same treatment. We've earned it, IMO.

• Love 2

I agree with those who think we will definitely get a notification of a final season, before we're actually in that season.  I can't imagine them announcing at Paleyfest that the show is ending this year.  First off, they'd have one pissed off audience if they did that.  Fans aren't going to be happy when the end day finally comes.  Announcing it like that with a live audience would be sort of disastrous for them, I would think.  I just don't see them doing it.

The show is still going strong in year 13, so I don't see them walking away unless Jared and Jensen have told them they're done.  And I don't see any way that Dean dies and the show continues.  Unless he dies the way they always do, and then comes back the next episode.  Frankly, that's been done to death on this show, so I really hope they don't go there.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

It wouldn`t surprise me to see SPN given a shortened final 14th Season, to get to 300 episodes. But right now I do belieeve they will make it a marketing stunt "watch the final episodes ever of..."

Additionally, I think all of the Arrow-verse shows will receive a renewal. Flash is a no-brainer, Supergirl and Legend are doing pretty okay by network standards, as does Black Lightning and equally I believe in "watch the final episodes ever of" Arrow, maybe a shortened Season 7 as well.

Out of all the shows I watch, Arrow is the one in most need of a shortened season.  Way too much drags on and on in Arrow.

19 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

And I think we're currently up against Gotham? I've not watched that show, but have heard that it's a pretty good genre type show.

Once Gotham said "Screw it, let's embrace the insanity", it got a lot better and more fun.

13 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

I agree with those who think we will definitely get a notification of a final season, before we're actually in that season.

There's no doubt we'll get notification.  If I'm not mistaken, only Flash is the only show on CW to get higher ratings.  So, they'll give notice of Supernatural's final season to get those numbers up.

• Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I am preparing myself for 14 to be it.  ?????

The show is the 2nd highest rated on CW and does really well on Netflix and DVD sales wbichales The WB a ton of money.

This show ends when the Js say it ends. They may go to 300, they may go to S20 who knows.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

They really need to end the show next season if they're going to water down the show with such poor writing.  The show is practically unrecognizable these days.  I can't believe it's still getting such good ratings.  There must be an influx of new viewers from watching it on netflix.  Fans who've been with the show from the beginning just can't be happy with how they're writing the show.  I do hope they let us know if next season is the last and how many episodes there will be next season.  My guess is that they just do up until episode 300.  They don't have the writers to do a whole season anymore.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I don't think we've ever got an 0.5 before have we?

We did a couple of times last year.  

*edit*  In fact Mar 9 last year we got a .5

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, bozodegama said:

Fans who've been with the show from the beginning just can't be happy with how they're writing the show.  

I wasn’t there from the very beginning, but I started watching in Season 2. “Simon Said” was my first live episode. I still love the show, and I don’t think there’s been a decline in writing. Not all fans are bitter and angry. Some of us watch because we genuinely like the show.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I don't think we've ever got an 0.5 before have we?

Yes, last spring when all the ratings on the network tanked. I don't think the 0.5 is anything to worry about--it's spring and the ratings always decline some in spring--as long as we stay in relation to the other shows on the network and hold our No. 2 spot, I think we'll be okay.

37 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

Viewers were up a bit. Which demo do we focus on again? The 0.5 or 0.6?

It's the 18-49 demo that advertisers are most interested in. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Jeddah said:

I wasn’t there from the very beginning, but I started watching in Season 2. “Simon Said” was my first live episode. I still love the show, and I don’t think there’s been a decline in writing. Not all fans are bitter and angry. Some of us watch because we genuinely like the show.

A-freakin'-men.

• Love 3

I began watching during season 7 and I think we used to get 1.0 and 0.9 back then.  But everything's dropped across the board.  Network tv is relying more and more on cheap reality tv offerings  

• Love 2
Just now, scribe95 said:

We had an 0.4 at Thanksgiving if I remember. 

I have watched since day 1 and still love the show. I do prefer the old format with more Sam/Dean and less ensemble. But still a great show.

I’m the opposite. I prefer ensemble :) 

And we actually had a 0.3 I believe! However, since Neilson themselves have said anything that aired that night won’t count towards the rating statistics (they’ll be considered a holiday special) our official low is still 0.5 :)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jeddah said:

I've been watching live since season 4, and I do still love the show, but I do think the writing has gone downhill tremendously, especially in regard to  characterizations and originality.  There have been some pretty good "highs", but IMO they're sadly few and far between.  It doesn't mean I'll stop watching, though.  

I have noticed, however, that the vast majority of "old-time/original" fanfic writers and LJ reviewers I used to read have slowed or entirely stopped writing about SPN  (some are now writing about other shows) since about season 6 or 7, and I miss them.  :(  Even PTV has lost a lot of regular posters just in the two years I've been reading, though I don't know if they've stopped watching or just posting.  

• Love 2