Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings And Scheduling: I Can't Do This Alone

kimrey
  • Start Topic

Did anyone notice that in the Key above, it says that all ratings for ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox are color-coded for status.  No mention of the CW.  Does that mean that they just automatically color it as below average?  Or that there is no way to compare them to the other networks?  Or no point?  😊

3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Not surprising - the episode's greatest offence was how boring it was - I kept shouting (in my head - no need to scare the cat), DO SOMETHING! I can't imagine a casual viewer hanging around for the end.

And with the wrap-uppy way it ended, it wouldn't surprise me if people thought that was it and not turn in next week. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

It felt like the ending to me. There was absolutely no set up for next week. 

Or they turn in next week, see it's the retrospective and think "cool, a little special after the ending" and turn out again.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, PinkChicken said:

I don't understand why they'd put the special first - so they cant properly talk about & spoil anything that's about to happen or whether they're happy with certain things? and exactly what you said. I never watch those little bts things that are pretty common with netflix shows now. Theyre going to lose viewers for the finale unless they're abundantly clear what's up next pretty early on.

I am so sorry that I beg to differ with respect to placement of the retrospective, insufficient advertising, football games, streaming  or any other reason.

They are going to lose viewers for the finale, because the show sucks.

• LOL 4
Just now, PinkChicken said:

hahahaha no need to apologize for that assessment. I assumed it was a given

Lol. You're sweet. I'm kind of in bitter sarcastic mode over this season and get a perverse satisfaction out of the marketable ratings plummeting. Sad, but  but cathartic. 

Just now, Terese said:

Lol. You're sweet. I'm kind of in bitter sarcastic mode over this season and get a perverse satisfaction out of the marketable ratings plummeting. Sad, but  cathartic. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, PinkChicken said:

hahahaha no need to apologize for that assessment. I assumed it was a given

Hey! I tried to edit my reply(typo) and it keeps repeating itself. Do you know how I can delete it or at least keep from doing it in the future?  I did it once before, too. 

I kinda wish that they weren't going up against Grey's Anatomy tonight. There's some stuff going on there that will probably give ratings a boost, and for some reason I want this episode to do well. The guys deserve it, even if TPTB don't.

Boo! High school football is on. Now I can't even browse around because I don't want to get spoiled like for 15X18. That day he game ran an hour longer than it usually does.

After the game 15X20 is scheduled to play then the special.

Edit: boo, the guide lied to me. The episode is the second hour.

Edited by falltime
Update
6 hours ago, PinkChicken said:

edit: actually the wild split in the bar chart is so on brand for this fandom it made me laugh

I looked at the chart and laughed.  Either you loved it as a 10 or it was pretty much a one.  I guess this works if a dysfunctional family is the goal.

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, 7kstar said:

I looked at the chart and laughed.  Either you loved it as a 10 or it was pretty much a one.  I guess this works if a dysfunctional family is the goal.

the funny part is if I gave a rating it would probably be around a 6.6

• Love 1
11 hours ago, PinkChicken said:

edit: actually the wild split in the bar chart is so on brand for this fandom it made me laugh

Well, Dabb got his 33%!  (And it was all in the under 18 crowd.) 

ETA:  And the 18-29 group gave the lowest score.  We can see who they were aiming for.)  

Edited by ahrtee
  • LOL 2
13 hours ago, PinkChicken said:

I know they're pretty easy to spam the #s but with a 6.6 on IMDB the finale is the worst rated episode above only Bloodlines at 5.8 
...and its only been dropping. It was 7.0 twelve hours ago.

Followed by Bugs 7.0, and then Bitten (the one with basically no Winchesters) and Dark Dynasty (Charlie) both at 7.2

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10073984/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt

Apparently the Destiel crowd spammed IMDB because they didn't get the payoff they wanted in the end. And of course tagging the actors with angry posts. But you are right, on SpoilerTv their poll was evenly split 50/50 with very few in between.

23 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Apparently the Destiel crowd spammed IMDB because they didn't get the payoff they wanted in the end. And of course tagging the actors with angry posts. But you are right, on SpoilerTv their poll was evenly split 50/50 with very few in between.

I am told they went after Jim Beaver, simply because Bobby was the one who interacted with Dean in Heaven and not Castiel. Insanity. IMDB: the same thing the ridiculously entitled The Boys fans did to the show's rating on Rotten Tomatoes, because they were pissed about the weekly roll-out, opposed to dropping the whole season at once. Seriously, 'fans' are the biggest, sharpest, two-sided blade in the world.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
7 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I am told they went after Jim Beaver, simply because Bobby was the one who interacted with in Heaven and not Castiel. Insanity. IMDB: the same thing the ridiculously entitled The Boys fans did to the show's rating on Rotten Tomatoes, because they were pissed about the weekly roll-out, opposed to dropping the whole season at once. Seriously, 'fans' are the biggest, sharpest, two-sided blade in the world.

I guess they didn't get the memo.  The series ended!!

58 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I am told they went after Jim Beaver, simply because Bobby was the one who interacted with Dean in Heaven and not Castiel. Insanity.

Seriously? is that why Jim has deleted his Twitter account?

9 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

Seriously? is that why Jim has deleted his Twitter account?

So I've read. It's not the first time he's done it - I can't remember why it happened last time, but I know he had to start over with followers. He deactivated, so I think it will be available if he wants to reactivate.

jb1.JPG

jb2.JPG

Edited by gonzosgirrl

The Jim Beaver thing isn't as clear as it looks. People posted they didn't like it and he kept responding and was quite rude. Here is one of his responses "Sorry the last episode hurt your butt. I'm sure you would have created a masterpiece if they'd only let you." From there it went downhill.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/21/2020 at 2:28 PM, Aeryn13 said:

I think going after Jim Beaver or any of the cast is shitty. Badd would be fair game.

However 1 star (since imdb won't let you give zero) would be my genuine rating for the Series Finale also. 

Mine too.  That's what I gave it in fact and wrote a review too.  I would never go after the actors though.  Just Dabb(and I have tagged him in a few less than kind tweets I must admit, nothing threatening, just callling out his bias and his so-called talent.  Sorry when you are happy that you think maybe 30 percent of the audience will like it you are doing something wrong. 

Yeah I read some of the reviews on IMDB and honestly so many of the positive ones are basically saying the same thing "This is what Dean wanted/It always had to be this way/etc etc" so basically ignoring all the character development of the last 15 years.  As if you know NEITHER of the brothers had to die in the finale wasn't an option.  And a lot of the negative ones aren't shippers.

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

Mine too.  That's what I gave it in fact and wrote a review too.  I would never go after the actors though.  Just Dabb(and I have tagged him in a few less than kind tweets I must admit, nothing threatening, just callling out his bias and his so-called talent.  Sorry when you are happy that you think maybe 30 percent of the audience will like it you are doing something wrong. 

Yeah I read some of the reviews on IMDB and honestly so many of the positive ones are basically saying the same thing "This is what Dean wanted/It always had to be this way/etc etc" so basically ignoring all the character development of the last 15 years.  As if you know NEITHER of the brothers had to die in the finale wasn't an option.  And a lot of the negative ones aren't shippers.

I've been on message boards and public forums pretty much since they've been around,  and my policy has been to never post something publicly that I wouldn't say to the person's face. I think I've maintained that with very few exceptions (mostly of the thirsty variety 😜). Believe me when I say I would relish the opportunity to tell Badd what I think about him and his time on Supernatural (including his comics) in person. I have tagged him in many Tweets.  I have to stand ready to be judged in my work. So does he. 

Provided they don't have creative control,  blaming an actor for the writing is just wrong. Attacking them personally is beyond the pale. 

I'm not gonna lie though, as much as I vehemently disagree with the Destiel people,  I snorted at some of those reviews.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4