Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: The Kindred

I was wondering if Crane was starting to question his devotion to Katrina with that kiss, as it seemed so passionless. Maybe it's because the Ichabbie chemistry is so smoldering, it just can't compare to Ichabod/Katrina. But then he threw in that "I will never stop (whatever)" I can't remember the line exactly when he was leaving.
Worried about Irving and what it was he signed.

• Love 1

Tom Mison is spending too much time in North Carolina. I swear that when he was talking to Katrina and mentioned Abbie, he pronounced it Lew-tenant, not Lef-tenant. I even rewinded it to check. So which Ichabod did you behead again, Abbie?

Okay, the Kindred was so cute, because he kept looking back at Mom and Dad (Abbie and Ichabod) with a look on his face that was like "I'm doing good here, right? You are proud of me, right?"

• Love 7

I quite enjoyed the fact that the show finally got to the town I lived in for a year: Dobbs Ferry.  Granted, it looks nothing like it was portrayed, but I had a nice giggle.

I'm glad others are pissed at the "Let's pretend we're doing "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and have ECT be the Big Bad Punishment!"  As a psychology professor, that really angers me.  Now, the antipsychotics maybe, although unless he starts "hallucinating" in front of them I doubt he'd get those either, as it could have been a transient psychotic episode.

In completely shallow news, I'm finding Tom Mison so incredibly attractive that it's hard for me to focus on what he's saying.  It's been a while since I've had that experience, and it's kind of nice.  And John Noble seems to be having so much fun playing the bad guy, I'm almost rooting for him.  I may now have to go watch "Fringe".

• Love 8

What I love about this show is that the characters are totally on board with the bizarreness they're  involved in, but every now and then step back for a second and say, "OK, so this is totally insane..." and then just shrug and roll with it.  :-)

• Love 2

Okay, the Kindred was so cute, because he kept looking back at Mom and Dad (Abbie and Ichabod) with a look on his face that was like "I'm doing good here, right? You are proud of me, right?"

Right?!? I freaking loved the Kindred and I'm kind of pissed that Abbie and Ichabod left him to his own devices after the fight was over. Where is he? What is he doing? How is he coping in this world? They better follow up with him, I don't want this to be a one-off story line.

• Love 8

Right?!? I freaking loved the Kindred and I'm kind of pissed that Abbie and Ichabod left him to his own devices after the fight was over. Where is he? What is he doing? How is he coping in this world? They better follow up with him, I don't want this to be a one-off story line.

I KNOW!!!! I was all "Go get the Kindred! Don't just leave him there!" Plus, that means The Head is out there, and Headless will be trying to get him. I swear, Headless is much more menacing/hot without a head than with one. I like thinking of stupid things too, like when he went out to check because the horse was making noise, I'm like, what's he going to see?

Tom Mison is spending too much time in North Carolina. I swear that when he was talking to Katrina and mentioned Abbie, he pronounced it Lew-tenant, not Lef-tenant. I even rewinded it to check. So which Ichabod did you behead again, Abbie?

I thought I heard that too. Must rewatch.

• Love 1

The jury is still out on the new sheriff for me. Yes, she seems uptight but Irving was the same way at first. Plus she seemed to have real feelings about the Mills girls' childhood. I suspect we'll discover there's a lot more to her than on the surface. I won't say whether that will be good or bad.

I don't have the dislike for Katrina that most do so I'm glad to see her move from damsel to spy. Now let's get her out of that black dress. I don't know who Abraham was trolling harder with his talk of Crane/Abbie's connection: Katrina or the shippers.

• Love 2

I suspect they're not going to take the same route with this new Sheriff as they did Irving so she's either a minion of evil or she'll learn the truth but wont join Team Witness. There was something off about her so I'm leaning towards evil.

Henry is just so conniving, if Katrina learns anything it'll be because Henry wants her to know it. I fear Irving has signed up to be Famine or Pestilence. 

Can the show please hint more at Ichabbie, it's so unsubtle I absolutely love it. 

I like thinking of stupid things too, like when he went out to check because the horse was making noise, I'm like, what's he going to see?

I wondered about this too! And last week when he put the necklace on Katrina. How was he able to see the clasp! 

This wasn't the best episode but I did enjoy it--especially the ending. Clearly Irving signing his name in blood is not going to end well. When he was flipping through I was shouting at the tv for him to actually read it or call his wife to verify this was the lawyer he sent. 

I feel like the new captain (is that what she is?) has some sort of secret that involves Mama Mills. Is she still alive? I can't remember.

Also, another thing I can't exactly remember, didn't Ichabod not know he had a son until recently? How can Henry be his weakness if he never knew his son as an actual child but instead now knows him as an evil dude who follows Molochology?

"Dr. Franklinstein, paging Dr. Franklinstein!"

I'm glad that Katrina is staying put as a mole.  It gives her something to do besides being helpless, lets our two heros focus on other things besides rescuing her, and keeps her from getting in the way of the great buddy cop chemistry between Abbie and Ichabod.

• Love 1
Also, another thing I can't exactly remember, didn't Ichabod not know he had a son until recently? How can Henry be his weakness if he never knew his son as an actual child but instead now knows him as an evil dude who follows Molochology?

This is where I struggle with Ichabod and Katrina going on and on about their kid. I know, it's cold and heartless, but Jeremy is their kid only in blood - even more so with Ichabod. Katrina gave the kid up after one year, but Ichabod has never known his own kid. He only knows Henry. To risk so much for someone who don't even know, just because you are blood related rings false to me.

Look at it another way. Sometimes family members are truly toxic and you have to cut them loose. Yes, they may be blood-related, but that does not mean they should automatically earn your respect or love or even consideration. Just like with Katrina - Ichabod is obsessed with the idea of having a son, but there is absolutely no heartfelt connection there.

• Love 4

I am trying not to let my indifference to the character color my reactions, but trying to deploy Katrina in this way feels awfully like fan service.  it feels clunky and contrived.  As long as she is in Headless' clutches she remains in imminent danger.  And we've already seen she can't seem to resuce herself.  All it would take is Headless saying "Fuck this noise, let's get in the RIng Of Fire!' and she wouldn't be able to do anything to stop it.  At least if she had left with Ichabod and Abbie she could have tried some witchy way to help them.  The writing for her just continues to baffle me.

I think they've kind of painted themselves into a corner with Katrina. On the one hand, they need her as a motivation for Crane and as an obvious deterrent for anything further developing between Crane and Abbie. On the other had, if she's around in their world, she's messing up the Crane/Abbie dynamic by being a clunky third wheel. So by having her stay and be a mole, she's "around" but not "AROUND". Not saying it's the best choice, but just guessing at the writers' motivation...

• Love 3

Did Katrina's powers get stripped away or something? I can't remember since I tend to zone out whenever she's on screen. She's this super powerful witch but she can't even break free of a rope tying her hands behind her back.

Loved the Kindred. I expected him to show up on the doorstep like a lost puppy.

Also Ichabod's reaction to seeing the pen on the chain at the bank. He kind of half turned around like he was expecting everyone else to be as outraged as him.

• Love 2

I'm guessing Headless still has to adjust to having a head as he let Katrina walk around the house unrestrained.

The more I think of it, I'm pretty sure the necklace makes Katrina see him eh, head on, rather then him being able to put it on and off (I can't write that sentence anymore logically).

Ooh, Rock em Sock Em Robots. Also the most useful monster ever. Also, where did Kindred go after the fight?

I'm also thinking the Mills mother has something to do with all the evil shit going on. She did give birth to two extra ordinary daughters, no? So perhaps she was the sort of crazy where no one believed her when they should have.

I think Henry is Ichabod's weakness because he views it as him having failed his son even though it wasn't his fault, he doesn't see it that way. I think he is very stuck on the roles he views everyone in, such as his "son", his "wife", the "witness" and he needs to let go of that because it is really affecting his decisions. He is putting his wife and child who he doesn't really know above everyone and it seems like he's doing it because in his mind it's the "right" thing to do, an honorable man would put his family first, etc but he needs to open up his eyes and his mind because he risked everything when he decided to essentially sacrifice the other witness for his wife that was apparently very good at deceiving him and hiding her true self from him. Now he's back to talking about as witnesses they need to work together to save the world because it's the right thing to do, so of course while Awesome Abbie and Kick-Ass Kindred are fighting evil, he's... kissing his wife. 

As funny as I think Ichabod is when he's dealing with modern technology and being snarky, at this point I can't root for him and Abbie to get together because he's made too many selfish decisions and no matter what he says about her importance to him, his actions have proven otherwise.

• Love 1

What we have to remember is that the purpose of War is to sow the seeds of doubt and create conflict in order to separate the Witnesses.  Because as long as Abbie and Crane are physically together, they keep each other grounded and in check when one or both lose focus.  Now that we know War had already risen when Abbie and Crane thought they were working to prevent that, we can trace the plan in action.

The real opening salvo came when Moloch pulled Crane through the mirror and told him he would deliver Abbie's soul.  Once that seed was planted the doubt began to sprout, and continued to be sown with Andy showing up to confirm Moloch's message and drop hints about the map.  Then Henry takes over with, "prophesies have a way of coming true," and dangling Katrina's rescue as the only way to stop War, playing directly into both Witnesses' vulnerabilities.  But when Ichabod burned the map before Henry could get his hands on it, that proved even more why Abbie and Crane had to be separated.  Together, they have the strength to resist.  So one being in Purgatory and the other six feet under should have done the trick.  But even apart they found a way around the obstacles and now the key has gone the way of the map.  So now instead of others separating them, the Witnesses need to be persuaded to separate themselves.

The seeds of distrust, "weakness," insecurity, and temptation have been planted and are being watered and fertilized - not just with the Witnesses - but everyone who would assist them.  As long as people are occupied with their own issues and second guessing themselves, it's that much harder to stay focused on what matters.

All of them are being played.  Just like Abbie wondering if raising the Kindred was in fact, a ruse to deliver Headless his head, they will all make decisions based on information that will be dubious at best.  Similar to Ichabod's dream of Katrina in the ring of fire, who knows what visions Mama Mills may conjure when she appears.  Everyone is going to get their buttons pushed.  Disaster will strike.  But as long as Ichabod and Abbie can "remember their bond," they will be up to whatever challenge is thrown at them.

Now I have to admit, I fell asleep during this episode.  I know it's easy to point the finger at Katrina, but honestly, I thought everybody was pretty boring.  (There were some cute scenes, but overall - boring)  This episode could have been 20 minutes long and achieved the same effect.  Even last week's premiere was around 30 minutes of time suckage.  But I suspect they'll be back in the groove soon.

• Love 13

Tom Mison is spending too much time in North Carolina. I swear that when he was talking to Katrina and mentioned Abbie, he pronounced it Lew-tenant, not Lef-tenant. I even rewinded it to check. So which Ichabod did you behead again,

Abbie?

I was a bit puzzled too, so immediately rewound. Sometimes it helps that I hear a strong accent everyday... Ichabod definitely said Lef-tenant, he just said it very quietly.

I wondered about this too! And last week when he put the necklace on Katrina. How was he able to see the clasp!

Headless did the clasp by feel, of course. ;)

Oh, I'm going to have to throw "following Molochology" into my next conversation with my mother. Since she brought me into the show, she should get a laugh out of it.

• Love 3

I am always happy to see John Noble (main reason I'm watching as the story is getting a bit too redundant for me) but this role is just not nearly as exquisite as his role as Walter on Fringe but neither is this Fringe.

Abbie is the one that puts me off - her style of barking at people or so it sounds like that is the way she is talking.  I wish the actress playing her sister had her role instead as I find her a much better actress.

Crane is adorable as always.  Usually those pens don't even work anyway.  I like those little touches to add some much needed whimsy to this show.  

• Love 1

I'm really hoping the Kindred will show up out of nowhere later in the season to save Abbie and/or Ichabod's asses just when we think one of the horsemen is about to kill them. Kinda like the T-Rex at the end of Jurassic Park.

The bits with Katrina dragged -- the writers really screwed themselves by not setting her up as an interesting character in her own right last season. She's been nothing but a plot device until now, so whenever she's onscreen I roll my eyes and wait for the show to go back to someone I care about. 

Loved seeing Irving again, and that was a pretty awesome "Oh shit" moment with the contract. I can't wait to see how they handle that.

• Love 2

Big nit to pick: Sheriff Reyes said that Jenny had broken out of Tarrytown and flipped/rolled her vehicle.  While the flipping/rolling is true, the Terrytown break-out was dealt with weeks ago! Abby has guardianship/conservatorship of Jenny, so Reyes giving Jenny the side-eye just because of her past isn't cool. (Not that Jenny should be given Citizen of the Month plaques, even though she totally should.)

• Love 2

Big nit to pick: Sheriff Reyes said that Jenny had broken out of Tarrytown and flipped/rolled her vehicle.  While the flipping/rolling is true, the Terrytown break-out was dealt with weeks ago! Abby has guardianship/conservatorship of Jenny, so Reyes giving Jenny the side-eye just because of her past isn't cool. (Not that Jenny should be given Citizen of the Month plaques, even though she totally should.)

Another thing that bugged was that Sheriff Reyes didn't bother to ask where Jenny had disappeared to after her accident. When the cops got on the scene she obviously wasn't there since Henry had kidnapped her. So why didn't the Sheriff mention how they'd seen the blood in the vehicle and had searched for her for hours fearing she'd wandered away from the accident scene with a concussion.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 4

I think with Reyes and Irving we're getting a kind of character sidestep.  Irving will be taking on a version of John Cho's role (reluctant servant of evil) from last season while Reyes will take on Irving role of "chief who shields the team from the bureaucrats."  In some ways this will put the team in a slightly stronger position.  Irving will be fighting Moloch and Henry every stop of the way.  Reyes, once she's clued in, seems like a person who will fight ruthlessness with ruthlessness, like, "Yes, Mr. Parrish, I know who you are.  You're the long-lost, corrupted son of Ichabod and Katrina Crane, which is why Ichabod won't really hurt you.  Abigal Mills cares about Ichabod, so for his sake, she's won't hurt you either.  Me, I don't really give a crap.  Which means that I'll happily shove a cattle prod up your ass unless you tell me what I need to know."

• Love 5

Did we really need another non-believing Sheriff? It just seems like they are trying to copy the beginning of last season with Irving with another. Unless she's actually evil, we did that storyline, we don't need to see it twice. 

Also I had to laugh out loud with Ichabod's claim that they needed Katrina because she's a powerful witch, when she hasn't done one thing powerful the entire time we've seen her. 

• Love 4

I agree. When watching Abbie tonight I got the feeling that she really didn't want to raise The Kindred for various reasons, but caved because she trusts Crane's instincts and really wanted to help him get his wife back. I felt like she was biting her tongue a lot tonight. I was glad she said some things in the cave, but wished she'd said more.

I know, right? Speak your mind, Abbie. I know that her trust in Crane is her weakness, but she keeps letting him off easy. When I saw her give Crane that confused look after realizing he wasn't going to rescue Katrina after all, I thought she was finally going to let him have it. After all they'd sacrificed so Crane could get his damsel-in-distress: after Jenny was arrested, after Abbie got into hot water with the new captain, after they'd created a monster they might not be able to control--who has the Horseman's head, by the way, and after Abbie's life was put in danger during the fight between Headless and Kindred. I know Abbie would have eventually agreed with Katrina and Ichabod's reasons for leaving her with Headless, but before Abbie knew the whole story, the first words out of her mouth should have been, "The fuck, Crane?" The Abbie I know would have said that. Jenny certainly would have said that.

The kiss was awkward IMO intentionally because well it IS an awkward situation with Katrina. I think Ichabod is in love with the idea of rescuing Katrina more than necessarily Katrina herself.

Was that the problem? All I know is that I fast-forwarded during the entire kiss. It wasn't just boring. It actually grossed me out.

• Love 1

When I first saw the Henry/Irving scene I was pissed at Abby for not mentioning the Jeremy reveal until I thought back to Season One and realized that they never had a scene together, so Abby omitting the Henry part of the tale as she is rushing is not only understandable, it makes sense. This storyline better not be a way to write Orlando Jones out of the show.

I personally don't like the speed with which Abby is back to being 100% in Crane's camp. I remember the season ender which was filled with Crane betraying her. Hell, even the showrunners admitted that Abby volunteered to remain in purgatory with the awareness that Crane fully intended to leave her there. I agree with whoever posted upthread that it is Crane who has yet to prove his worthiness to Abby.

I don't trust the new captain at all. She has demonstrated that she is ethically challenged to say the least in her dealings with all of the main four. While we did not initially know where Irving would fall, I don't recall anyone actively rooting for her demise via Headless, as many are with her.

Way too much Katrina in this episode and way too much headless with his head attached. The actor who plays Abraham is just not attractive IMO. I shouldn't see him and think "Remove your head."

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 1

Look, Media. I can accept that you're going to use the red-tailed hawk screech for every bird of prey of every species that crops up on a screen. It's just one of those things we've all learned to shrug our shoulders at because really, there's only so far we expect our entertainment to go for realism. But when you use it for a cloud of bats you can be damn sure I'm gonna give you the side-eye.

• Love 4

They chirp! As the description says it's a lot louder in person, but it's still a tiny sound and you'd be hard-pressed to confuse it with the sound of a small bird, let alone a raptor screech. My area has a big bat population and the park where I walk in the evenings has a major colony under one of the bridges, and even when they're flooding out by the hundreds just a couple dozen yards away they're not particularly loud.

• Love 3

The most amusing thing about the season so far is that no one (either in show or in the fandom) knows or cares what happened to Luke Morales. Seriously, is that guy still alive, or did the possession-demon kill him? And if it did kill him, then what on earth was the point of him?

This was an okay episode, though I fear the show has lost a bit of its magic. The writers seem to have a checklist of the things that need to be in every episode and it comes across as though they're trying too hard to write Sleepy Hollow instead of just writing Sleepy Hollow. That may have made more sense in my head.

TBH, I'm not particularly fussed either way about Katrina. Spying on Abraham/Henry at least gives her some degree of usefulness, though I wish she and Ichabod had thought of some way for her to share whatever information she picks up before he rushed away again.

I laughed at Abraham telling Katrina that Ichabod left her in Purgatory for at least a year whilst he busted out Abbie in a matter of days. They certainly channelled the fan base on that one!

Will reserve judgment on the new Sheriff for now. Here she just seemed a needless roadblock, though knowledge of Abbie and Jenny's mother will probably prove important later.

I don't think they'll repeat the Irving storyline with the new Sheriff (at least I hope they don't). Maybe she originally thought Mama Mills was just crazy but discovered there was more in their interactions. Maybe she is in Sleepy Hollow to help the Mills sisters or protect them. She will probably end up dead though whether she is normal, evil or good.

I can't help but think of trashy historical romance novel covers whenever Katrina's on screen. I'm thinking the beheading/wedding ceremony may take place in the final episode of this season.

Henry seems to grovel a little too much to Moloch. I hope there will be some betrayal in evil land and Henry will try to usurp Moloch's power.

Edited by BlueJay81
  • Love 1

I personally don't like the speed with which Abby is back to being 100% in Crane's camp. I remember the season ender which was filled with Crane betraying her. Hell, even the showrunners admitted that Abby volunteered to remain in purgatory with the awareness that Crane fully intended to leave her there. I agree with whoever posted upthread that it is Crane who has yet to prove his worthiness to Abby.

Right? The thing that gets me is that TPTB acknowledged they had underwritten Abbie in regards to Crane's betrayal and that they were going o address this mistake this season, but what do we get? More of the same. Crane hasn't proved he has humanity's best interest at heart or that he's loyal to anything but Katrina. This filler episode was terrible from start to finish. What was the point? Apparently they thought it was a good idea to retread last season's finale, showing how Ichabod is willing to sacrifice others. Thank you show, I know he's an asshole, but can you show me why I should be rooting for him?

And what was the point of Abbie's acknowledgement that her faith in Crane was her weakness? To feed his ego? Because it didn't change anything. She still sided against Jenny, even though she knew she was right. Great! Now he knows for sure that he can play her like a fiddle even more than ever and get away with it.

I also wish the showrunners stopped insisting that their favorite special snowflake is worth the sacrifice of black bodies. Let her shitty husband do that on his own for once.

The most amusing thing about the season so far is that no one (either in show or in the fandom) knows or cares what happened to Luke Morales. Seriously, is that guy still alive, or did the possession-demon kill him? And if it did kill him, then what on earth was the point of him?

I do care, but the showrunners said months ago he wouldn't come back. That the show doesn't care about him, not even to explain what happened to him, is not that surprising, because they didn't care about him when he was in the show last season to begin with.
  • Love 1

How can the new sheriff dictate what medical procedures are performed on Irving?  I mean, really, show?

I'm convinced the writers are going to shock, shock us in the season (or maybe even winter break) finale with the revelation (heh, pun) that Katrina has gone over to the other side and is joining Abraham.  Her character isn't strong enough to play double agent without being convinced that Ichie has abandoned her.  And the actress isn't strong enough to make me care.

The episode was not good.  As much as I love Tom and Nicole the writers are going to have to do better to hold my interest.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 2
I'm convinced the writers are going to shock, shock us in the season (or maybe even winter break) finale with the revelation (heh, pun) that Katrina has gone over to the other side and is joining Abraham. Her character isn't strong enough to play double agent without being convinced that Ichie has abandoned her. And the actress isn't strong enough to make me care.

She's not strong enough to play a villain either. It's too late though. They should have made that move last season.

The episode was not good. As much as I love Tom and Nicole the writers are going to have to do better to hold my interest.

The ratings were quite poor, 1.7 or something like that, so it looks like we aren't the only ones that found this episode bad.

I still love Tom Mison and Nicole Beharie as Ichabod and Abby.  I enjoy watching every scene that features either or both of them.  I enjoy Jenny in small doses, so I'm fine with her being temporarily sidelined in prison.  That ending with Frank was super creepy. 

That said, most of this episode felt like a waste.  Our heroes spend most of the episode coming up with this plan to rescue Katrina and then, what... she doesn't want to be rescued because she's going to stay as a mole to learn the two Horsemens' plans.  If she learns something significant, then how is she going to tell Ichabod (as others have also noted)?  Is she going to escape then and, if it's that easy for her to escape, why didn't she just escape earlier?  Perhaps she always had the power to escape on her own, but only stayed because she knew Abraham would pursue her and hurt others in the process (the other reason she gave Ichabod for staying).  That would solve the incongruity between Ichabod telling Abby what a powerful witch Katrina is and us seeing Katrina held captive by a measly rope tied around her hands.

The only good thing to come out of that main plot is the creation of that new skull creature, who appears to be on Ichabod/Abby's side.

Poor Irving, he signed in his blood. This does not bode well.

I know Henry is evil and all, but I'm not thrilled with just tricking people into signing the evil contract under false pretenses. It gives the bad guys a little too much power, and dramatically speaking, it's much more satisfying if the signer knows what they are doing and still signs due to desperation or hubris.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
  • Love 5

I know Henry is evil and all, but I'm not thrilled with just tricking people into signing the evil contract under false pretenses. It gives the bad guys a little too much power, and dramatically speaking, it's much more satisfying if the signer knows what they are doing and still signs due to desperation or hubris.

I know. I thought the signer had to freely give his soul for the contract to be binding. As in "The Devil and Daniel Webster". Which, ironically, was based on the short story "The Devil and Tom Walker" written by Washington Irving. Maybe the show will break the contract based on the book. 

• Love 3

I've been less than impressed with what we've gotten so far this season, except Timothy Busfield's OTT Ben Franklin (that old thirtysomething connection).  I feel like they have been setting up the rest of the season with these eps, so I'm giving them a shot to raise the bar.  And Mison is ridiculously hot anyway, especially when he's ranting about credit cards.  I felt absolutely nothing when he kissed Katrina - zero chemistry there.  I suppose that's on purpose to show the Ichabbie bond.

Why does Henry need Irving's blood?  Or was he signing with his own blood?  Either way not a good option for Irving.  And always read what you're signing!

I'd love to see another flashback or two of Ichabod and Ben Franklin interacting.

Is it wrong that I was really hoping to see a flashback with Ichabod taking his own "air bath". No?

C'mon show, do this for us! You know you want to...

I can't articulate it as coherently as I want to, but something bugs me about Crane saying Katrina is a powerful witch. He didn't even know she was a witch before he was buried and he just trusts that she oh so powerful without ever seeing her at work or any true evidence of it?

• Love 3

To be fair, he was asleep for 200 years while Katrina was in Purgatory. And he wouldn't know how to get her out if he wasn't anyway.

The whole speech Abbie gave him about her faith in him bugged me. Not so much the speech in itself but if she'd done at the end I think it would had a better impact on the episode as a whole. Now it just felt like she wanted to have a heart to heart while he just really wanted to find the monster. Like now.

I started to watch in real time, got bored, changed the channel, watched it on DVR yesterday and fast-forwarded through about half of it. Too slow, too OTT with the new sheriff with both the Mills family connection and the Dr. Sheriff deciding what treatment Irving should receive, and too OTT with the electro-shock. The areas that touch on reality need to be realistic in order to make the weirdness of the weird stand out. I think you need to have a baseline of natural to make the supernatural feel special.

• Love 2

How can the new sheriff dictate what medical procedures are performed on Irving?  I mean, really, show?

I took that as her talking about the scary potential treatments he might get in order to get him to spill.  I don't think it was her dictating medical procedures but they worded that poorly.

Hmmm...can the top cop send someone directly to a psychiatric facility without some form of Court Order or medical/psychological exam?  I mean if someone is considered an immediate threat to themselves or others, sure.  But that isn't the case here.

• Love 1

Hmmm...can the top cop send someone directly to a psychiatric facility without some form of Court Order or medical/psychological exam?  I mean if someone is considered an immediate threat to themselves or others, sure.  But that isn't the case here.

If it was some average person off the street, no, that's when imminent danger comes in.  But Irving's been arrested for murder, so whatever rights he had are pretty much out the window (or at least, that's my take--but since my law training consists of John Grisham novels and "Law and Order" episodes, I'm probably wrong).