Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: The Payoff

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

This was the most boring final episode of any season I have watched. No suspense. Boring outing. And the fact that they would take girls who are still making tons of mistakes just doesn't make any sense to me. It really confirms my opinion that the selection is based primarily on looks, especially facial beauty.

• Love 5

I'm amused that Kelli says these are the most talented rookies ever as we watch Breelan, Ashley and Calla make mistake after mistake. Meanwhile we barely saw Mary or Erica.

I wish we could've seen the Show Group auditions. Any rookies make it?

Also what happened to the old photographer?

And who was point girl? I missed it.

Edited by kacesq
  • Love 2

I really wished they showed show group auditions as well....and that they would indicate who made it rather than having to freeze frame to see who is there!

I liked that  Kelly brought Emma in to see her opinion on Ashley -- but I am still surprised that Ashley made it.  In all honesty, Caila, Ashley, & Breelan could have easily been cut -- but I don't know who else to round out to that 32 number she was citing.

Regardless of my opinion, it is clear those girls work their hearts out and I wish them a wonderful season.

• Love 1

I liked this episode. I felt bad for Ashley when Kelli was reading that stuff that her former dance team leaders said about her - that she was rude, standoffish, etc. - what the hell? That's awful stuff and I wonder who said it? And poor Ashley seemed genuinely shocked that whoever it was would say things like that - I felt really bad - it must be awful to learn someone said things like that about you on the spot like that. I was glad to see her make it after going through that - it was nice that Emma stood up for her, and from what they've shown on the show Ashley seems really sweet and the furthest thing from rude than any of them. How Kelli said she's been misinterpreted before was interesting - it was respectable of her to learn from that and apply it to this situation.

The performance scenes were good - I thought I saw Melissa and Erica dancing in the show group numbers, but I'm not sure. It looked like some girls got to do solos.

I thought the outing looked fun.

I couldn't tell who was point - just that it was a blonde.

I felt bad for Caila - it looked like they were about to not let her perform at the game. Seeing that probably makes the girls who were cut for issues other than dancing (ex. Megan) want to scream.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1

Holly was point. I, too, wish we had gotten to see show group auditions again this year, or at least a glimpse into their extra rehearsals or something. It looked like Melissa and Erica were both on Show Group, and I think I saw either Mary or Lacey...I couldn't tell which it was because it was so quick, and I was too lazy to go back and look. There could have been others, but that is who I noticed. I don't ever remember the squad being announced so early in the episode. It seems like Kelli announced it like 5 minutes in. No drama or beating around the bush this year (aside from torturing Ashley a bit...I felt so bad for her. It really didn't seem constructive to me to tell her former leaders have called her rude, but everyone now thinks she's sweet as sugar and a hard worker. Now, dance maturely. What's the point of breaking her spirit with something that isn't going to help her dancing? Those types of comments from K & J are the ones that really irritate me.)

• Love 2

I think it's weird that the squad photo has a giant hole in it; Kelsey is standing so far away from everyone else. After seeing the camp out scene, maybe that was intentional. (I've never really liked Kelsey so she just came off as annoying to me).

Loved the meet the team segment. More dancing, blocking, veterans (love Jennifer k or whatever her initial is now), show group - the stuff we want to see. Between this and the first game segment, this has been my favorite episode for the sheer amount of actual dance.

I didn't like the weird camera shots during thunderstruck, but I did like the interviews with the girls. They even managed to show all the rookies at the end.

This episode was pretty emotional.  I loved the way they ended the show.  

Ashley Pro is so sweet. I cannot imagine how anyone could find her rude.  Last season, when Kelli called her into the office the first time, Ashley walked out and Kelli said she would be a sweet teammate.  That is the way she has come across from the start. I cannot believe her old coaches said all those negative things about her to the DCC heads.  I think worse about the coaches than I do about Ashley. And I loved Emma so much for having Ashley's back.

Did anyone notice that Victoria couldn't do the split at the end of the pre-game dance?  I wonder if she injured herself.

I'm sad the season is over.  It went by so quick but the show started in August this year.  Now I'm curious who will make the squad next year!

I enjoyed the episode i thought i was fun ! I love loren and Courtney the most of anybody 

I read someone write how much they love Jennifer K i find her really annoying !

I love watching Samantha dance and i thought Emma came off really well-spoken and intelligent in this episode.

Just a little rant here if you guys pause on 36:04 when they do the jump split "3 year veteran" Ashley ferrel can't do the split seriously why is she still here over Kali Nicole , Colin and Alex ??!!!

Edited by mmm

I find it odd Kelli would mention something Ashley's former dance directors have said about her for the fact she has only been on 1 dance team, the TX Star Dancers under Crystal Weir. Crystal seems to love her. She only has cheer team experience. After following the show & other forums I have gathered she has had dance training with Kitty who I could def. see throwing someone under the bus, she's shady. She has had private training with Ashton Torres. Aside from that they showed last MTT season she was with cheer athletics and she cheered at a college in the past. So that narrows down who could have said those awful remarks about her. My guesses Kitty or her college spirit coordinator. Since that's the most recent team she had been on besides Stars. I have heard Shelley M (technique coach/recruiter) calls these candidates spirit coordinators and former directors for references. That's why I would guess her college coordinator. Thoughts?

• Love 1

I find it odd Kelli would mention something Ashley's former dance directors have said about her for the fact she has only been on 1 dance team, the TX Star Dancers under Crystal Weir. Crystal seems to love her. She only has cheer team experience. After following the show & other forums I have gathered she has had dance training with Kitty who I could def. see throwing someone under the bus, she's shady. She has had private training with Ashton Torres. Aside from that they showed last MTT season she was with cheer athletics and she cheered at a college in the past. So that narrows down who could have said those awful remarks about her. My guesses Kitty or her college spirit coordinator. Since that's the most recent team she had been on besides Stars. I have heard Shelley M (technique coach/recruiter) calls these candidates spirit coordinators and former directors for references. That's why I would guess her college coordinator. Thoughts?

She cheered for Baylor university , but why would anyone do that even if they didn't care for Ashley , if someone from ur team made the best cheer team in world wouldn't that give ur team a good name that you alumni are successful  !!! 

• Love 2

it was a nice episode, nothing really new or super interesting, but a nice ending... I still wish it wasn‘t the end though...

They might as well have announced the squad on the last episode. I get why they took Breelan and Ashley, they might do really well without the pressure of training camp, but if that‘s a gamble they are willing to take, some of the other cuts they have made seem a little unfair to me. I do really hope Ashley isn‘t a one season girl, I really like her. I wonder who said all that mean stuff about her, she seemed pretty upset and surprised.  I also don‘t really know why Kelli thought she had to bring that up on the last night of training camp, especially if she feels like Ashley needs more confidence. That‘s not really going to build up her confidence...

This episode didn‘t help convincing me about Caila at all... I still feel like she could benefit from another year of maturing before making the squad. And the more I look at her, I want to change her hair, somehow the color looks weird to me, kind of unnatural and she could wear a slightly darker color really well, but that‘s just my opinion...

Show group auditions would have been nice, especially if the website is pretty much never going to be updated. I also saw Melissa and Erica, and I think Mary, butit was kind of hard to tell since the dances were all jumbled up as usual.

I way surprised they didn‘t show Cassie visiting the squad photo shoot, I liked the little interviews at the end and I can‘t wait for next years auditions!

• Love 2

I saw Lacey in show group too. Quite a few rookies from a small group of them. That may explain why kelly keeps referring to this being a talented group.

I wonder if what we heard about Ashkey was reported to directors by other girls and that is what they repeated. She is a beautiful girl and I bet that intimidated some of her fellow dancers. And if she is quieter and more reserved, it can come off as standoffish. Poor thing. What a thing to hear in the middle of rehearsal. Good for Emma!

So classy of Emma, such a well spoken great teammate to give Ashley a good reference. Its kind of scary though how much someone's fate for the squad depends on one persons opinion (especially that of another teammate). Thankfully Emma saw the best in Ashley. Much different approach than what Sydney took in regards to Vivian in front of K & J.

• Love 1

To be honest, in my opinion Kelli reading those negative comments to Ashley was very constructive.  Nobody said that Ashley was rude and standoffish, it was said that she comes across as rude & standoffish.  I thought it was a good lesson in how impressions do matter in life (like job interviews & promotions, as Kelli said).  I also like how Kelli related that back to herself and how it happens to her a lot, and I also liked that she said that she doesn't think "rude & standoffish" is who Ashley is.  I'm saying this as a person who was told I come across as icy & snobbish...that is not the real me at all, but being told how I come across has really helped me in trying to project who I really am.

I can just imagine Vivian watching this episode seeing the mistakes the other girls were being called out for.  I could visualize her yelling at TV "See, Kelli & Judy, I TOLD you I wasn't the only one making mistakes!"

• Love 3

I liked the first part but by the retreat, I was ready to move on and kept looking at the clock.  I echo many other's comments about wanting to see the Show Group more and was surprised it was composed of 17 people this year.  For being the point person, Holly got little exposure on TV.  Am sorry that there is not going to be a 2 hour special later on of the season and perhaps where are they now.  Why not post some of the dances from finals on the webpage?

• Love 2

Kelli seemed to imply it was leaders of an old team she danced on - not DCC at all, cause Kelli even seemed to be talking about last year when she was saying she hasn't been that way since she got there.

I think it was very nasty of whoever said that, even if they secretly didn't like her behind her back (cause Ashley really seemed surprised that whoever it was would say that), it's just wrong. The first thing I think of when I hear of a former superior saying such harsh things is that they are jealous and don't want her to make the team (get the job) because they don't want the person to move on to something better - there are some underhanded sneaky bosses like that, and some of them will act like they love that person to their face when in fact they are sabotaging them behind their backs out of feelings of jealousy or that they "own" them. I'm so glad she made it and I hope that the person/people who said that stuff is taking some heat for their remarks now.

I'm really happy for Ashley Pro even if she does end up being a one year wonder. I thought she looked a lot better in the footage they showed after the team was announced so I hope she has a good year.

I was thrilled to see my favorite Lacey for longer than one glance a few times tonight. I wish we'd gotten to see more of her.

Other than that I agree it was a boring episode. I didn't care for the retreat stuff or the "Melissa must congratulate Breelan" stuff. I like Melissa Rycroft Strickland but if we get another season can she not be a part of it? So many of her segments just seemed unnecessary.

• Love 1

Loved the episode, it was very full and we got to see more than just squad photo and pieces of pregame. The SG routine with green top and black sparkle shorts looked awesome! Not a Cassie person but would have loved to see Cannon during the squad photo. Also, thought it was nice to see Shelley encouraging a girl instead of shrieking about kicks. Was a little turned off by Jenn K's description of Show Group. I fear certain girls may make it known they are in the "elite" group. DCC has some unappealing sorority-like aspects to it for sure.

I am calling "shenanigans" on the game day footage. I believe the rehearsal footage was from the first game but no way was the performance footage from game one, especially the triangle. We all saw the video (its posted in the DCC Media thread) and there was a huge gap between Emma and Jenna during Thunderstruck and on last night's episode the triangle was complete, no missing person. Had I not seen the real August 16 performance, I would not have noticed.

Kelly calling her tent the four seasons was hilarious and clever. Kelsey stealing the trophy was very cute, too.

The last calendar shoot was filmed and aired regionally but I wonder if CMT will show it nationwide? Calendar should be coming out soon and I want to know who makes it. One guess? All the group leaders.....

• Love 1

Ashley is very pretty, and doesn't gush or show a lot of emotion. She looks like she tries to stay out of drama *cough Vivian cough* while she's mentally and physically processing corrections and trying not to look flustered or emotional. I get it. I've been there and done that. I also understand why some people mistake reservation as snooty and stuck up, especially when it comes from very pretty girls. Especially when more insecure, mean girls who want to single someone out to feel superior make the accusations.

Ashley never came off as rude, snooty, aloof, uncaring or any of that. I like her and am glad she made it.

• Love 2

If I were making the decisions, Ashley and Caila both would have been cut, and I think they'll both end up being one-year wonders.

I understand that Judy likes Ashley's look and Kelli likes her personality, but dance-wise, Ashley just isn't up to DCC standards. I don't think she's really any better this season than she was last season, but I think she benefitted from being in a weaker rookie class this time around (despite what Kelli said about this rookie class being the best so far). I think if you are in training camp for the second time, you need to be held to a higher standard than the other girls. A second year TCC should be near the top of the pack, or at the very least, solidly in the middle. Ashley was struggling and hanging on by the skin of her teeth the entire time, and for someone who's already done this once and knows exactly what to expect, that's a major red flag. I feel like this training camp was Ashley's second chance to prove that she can keep up, and she didn't convince me that she can.

Caila is a total mystery. She's sloppy, makes tons of dance and memory mistakes, and doesn't seem to take it very seriously. Her attitude reminds me of Kaitlin from last season and Taylor from a few seasons ago (the one who was cut after being given that awful mullet hairstyle on makeover day). I was also kind of confused by them mentioning several times how much they liked her look, because frankly I think her look is very "trailer park". I think she will definitely be a one-season wonder and I suspect the only reason she made it this season is because she was a junior DCC and knows people who were pulling strings for her.

• Love 3

I love Ashley's look and, while she makes some mistakes, I hope she stays longer than a year.  As for Caila and Breelan, if they continue to dance like what we've been seeing this entire time (and if what we've been shown isn't JUST the mistakes), then they'll likely be cut at Finals next year or encouraged not to re-audition.  They may be the Morgans of this year's team.  I don't know what they go through during the season, but I hope that, if they get enough "hints" that they decide to move on and not deal with re-auditioning instead of going through it all over again and possibly be cut at Finals. 

If they improve over the season to confident, beautiful performers, then they'll likely come back.  I know I've seen girls make the team the first year and wonder what the heck Judy and Kelly were thinking turn out either to be amazing performers who stay on the team for many years (and go on to do Show Group, be 2nd's and Group leaders, etc) or don't come back due to either their own choice or being cut for not living up to their potentials.

I really liked the episode.  It was a nice way to end the season instead of another episode with badly edited footage of Judy yelling out how bad everyone was.  It was upbeat and I enjoyed the letting-off-steam outing where the teams set up their tents.  LOVED that Kelly and Judy's tent blew away! LOL

The scene where Kelly told Ashley she came across rude and stand-offish was a good one, IMO.  I've always been tall and as a blond, people would always tell me I came across as standoffish, conceited, etc. I am more reserved, especially in large groups or situations when I feel off kilter.  But I was so shocked when I first heard that, cause who would have thought a sci-fi-watching nerd who loved reading and history in all it's forms would be thought of as conceited and aloof?  Could have knocked me over with a feather!  Once I learned that I was able to alter my expression and my responses so I didn't come across that way. I did notice that when Ashley was critiqued etc. she got quieter.  That can come off as aloof and standoffish. So it's good for her to know how she can be perceived so she can change that. 

Though I really would like to have seen more of the show group and first show (the one for their family/friends), all in all I loved the way the season ended.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 2

I know I've seen girls make the team the first year and wonder what the heck Judy and Kelly were thinking turn out either to be amazing performers who stay on the team for many years (and go on to do Show Group, be 2nd's and Group leaders, etc) or don't come back due to either their own choice or being cut for not living up to their potentials.

Jordan Chanley was one and I believe she made the squad because she was pretty. However she did improve and became a better dancer and was a DCC for 3 years.

I do hope Ashley, Breelan, and Calia all improve otherwise  they'll end up like Morgan (cut after 1 season).

Edited by MrsEVH

There was a deleted scene where former DCC Mia came in and took and performed because of two year vet Ashley's injury. I wish they would have shown the scene instead of Melissa R. waiting to see the rookies. If there is a season 10, please no Melissa R. I feel bad for Ashley because she was crying over not being able to perform. Kelsey bug me, and I wish they would have focus on more on the vets. And I was surprise there was not mention of the swimsuit calendar this year.

I loved how, when Kelly showed that all the girls present had made the team - Ashley was surrounded by a TON of the DCC's, mainly veterans.  They all jumped to surround and hug her.  That gave visual substance to Emma's comments to Judy and Kelly that Ashley was well liked on the squad and would be a valuable member of the DCCs.

I wish they would have focus on more of the vets. 

I wished there was more focus on the vets too.  I guess they translate "making the team" as newcomers vying to make the team rather than vets re-upping.  I do think once a vet gets to training camp, odds are she'll be on the team (Hannah not withstanding). 

• Love 2

I did like this episode up until the segment with Melissa Rycroft.  This whole season would have been much better if they'd stuck with Kitty more.  She may be tough, but she actually gives the girls useful critiques and makes for entertaining television.

The retreat thing looked lame to me, but then I don't like camping or shooting stuff.  What happened to the cool retreat in years past with the water park and zip line and stuff?  Way more fun than taking pictures of a hog.

I think that was the most lackluster team "reveal" they have ever had.   Kelli usually finds a fun way to announce they have made the team, but not this year.  It just seemed they couldn't make up their minds this season and were out of time to decide.  

Caila and Breelan are still not my favorites, hopefully they will do well.   Ashley is very cute, but I agree her style is not exactly DCC style yet.   I hope she is not a one year wonder.   

Loved the ending of the show when they showed all 10 rookies.  At the Meet the Team event I did see Lacey, Erica and Melissa in show group.  Not sure if other rookies made that.  I am sure there are a few rivalries and girls that don't get along well.  It does seem like a sorority atmosphere.  Overall they seem to have wonderful experiences together.

• Love 1

Kelli said last night, when she had got done talking to Ashley P.,"if I hadn't been a victim of misunderstanding myself". Anyone know what she is referring to, or was it just a statement one says when trying to understand another?

Pretty sure Kelli was talking about us, the viewing audience. We may not be the only ones but that was definitely a nod to the viewers. ;)

Poor Calia she really is a mess

I totally agree. Completely. I'm not sure how they let her on the team. I guess the shortage of blondes this year helped her out?

I did like this episode up until the segment with Melissa Rycroft.  

The retreat thing looked lame to me, but then I don't like camping or shooting stuff.  What happened to the cool retreat in years past with the water park and zip line and stuff?  Way more fun than taking pictures of a hog.

Agree on both points. I rolled my eyes when I saw Melissa sitting in Breelan's locker. I thought the exact same thing regarding the retreat. I know one year they did it at the Gaylord Texan and spent the day on the lazy river and by the pool. Definitely more my style.

Edited by PrincessLeia

At the Meet the Team event I did see Lacey, Erica and Melissa in show group.  Not sure if other rookies made that.

Wasn't Victoria a part of the show group as well?  I thought I caught a glimpse of her on stage during that friends/family show, but it went by so fast.

I didn't mind the Melissa Rycroft segment at all.  Her appearance was a couple minutes at the end and it didn't overwhelm the episode.  As the rookie candidates' mentor, it was only natural that she be there at their first on-field performance.  I know some viewers would rather have seen more of Kitty this season.  But with the extreme pressure cooker environment the rookies were in, having a voice that encouraged in addition to all the critiques provided a more well rounded training experience.  Having more Kitty would have been like double Judy.  I was fine without that.  I think Melissa brought something very valuable to the table, which was a seasoned viewpoint along with a sympathetic and understanding ear for the rookies. 

• Love 1

Rewatching this episode, I'm noticing things that I missed before.  Pretty much all of the cheerleaders/teams/etc who won those WOW awards (and was that thought up for this season or has it always been there?) were from Texas.  I seriously doubt that the best cheerleaders/teams/etc. in America are all in Texas despite what they think.  It makes me wonder if the only submissions for that "coveted" award were from Texas or if there were other groups involved.

However, I did like Kelly's blue dress at the Friends and Family show.  It was really pretty, flattered her figure, and was a good color on her.  Judy's dress, however, didn't look as good.  If she's going to wear black, it's shouldn't be full-length.  If it had been to her knees, that would have been better, but not full-length  It was just too much black.  She should also have gone for a different, softer color in maybe a lavender or a green, something along those lines and stay away from the blacks, the grays, and anything orange or yellow.

At the gameday practice, Kelly was more than a bit harsh with Caila.  Dang Kelly, if you didn't want her on the squad, why didn't you cut her before you announced the team?  You had plenty of opportunites and if you weren't sure of her, you didn't need to say out loud that you thought she wasn't deserving to ever set foot on the field again!  That was just downright mean and yet you criticize the general public about how harsh we are.  There's constructive criticism and there's downright rude and mean.  You crossed the line with that comment about Caila.  I can't remember if this is the first time Caila's had issues with rushing.  If it is, I'm chalking it down to first game nerves and I would rather she screw it up in practice and get it out of her system then do that kind of thing during the game.  If she has had issues with timing, then she's likely to get hints that she's not to try out again and will likely get cut if she does.

I noticed that Breelan has calmed down a bit and found that confidence everybody was telling her she needed.  I think that she just needed to get out of Training Camp and onto the squad.  If Breelan's anything like me (and I suspect that she is, at least a little), we show everything on our faces.  If I'm scared, hurt, nervous, upset, it all shows up on my face and in my shoulders.  Sometimes it even makes me blank out and forget things.  Whether or not she stays on the squad for next year, however, is another thing altogether.

• Love 1

Wasn't Victoria a part of the show group as well? I thought I caught a glimpse of her on stage during that friends/family show, but it went by so fast.

I didn't mind the Melissa Rycroft segment at all. Her appearance was a couple minutes at the end and it didn't overwhelm the episode. As the rookie candidates' mentor, it was only natural that she be there at their first on-field performance. I know some viewers would rather have seen more of Kitty this season. But with the extreme pressure cooker environment the rookies were in, having a voice that encouraged in addition to all the critiques provided a more well rounded training experience. Having more Kitty would have been like double Judy. I was fine without that. I think Melissa brought something very valuable to the table, which was a seasoned viewpoint along with a sympathetic and understanding ear for the rookies.

I totally agree Melissa was someone who they could talk to and made them feel comfortable I rather her over kitty's loud cracky voice

I would take more Melissa segments over Kitty segments any day of the week. I am not a Kitty Carter fan at all. There's no need to be an egotistical loudmouth when critiquing these girls. Clawing Courtney in the leg this year was ridiculous. Some of Melissa's segments I thought were kind of cheesy/corny filler, but most I enjoyed. She came across as a big sister mentor who genuinely wanted to help the girls. I just wish we would have seen her giving the same amount of attention to each of the girls.

Totally unrelated, but does anyone else think that rookie Victoria favors veteran Ashley (Ferrel)? And Ashley Pro and Melissa look a lot alike to me too...several times Melissa was shown and I had to do a double take because at first glance, I thought it was Ashley.

• Love 2

One thing I loved about the retreat was that Kelli's responses to her tent blowing away was just to laugh it off. I also found it hilarious that all through training camp, K&J have emphasized how important it is for all the girls to look a certain way but when they were at the retreat they were allowed to wear sloppy Britney Spears ponytails that are forbidden at rehearsal. I also loved the tent decorating competition. That was a fun thing for the girls to work on together.

I finally figured out why Breelan bothers me so much (aside from her subpar dancing) - she makes a lot of different faces and most of them are not good. Like Chandler, sometimes she looks good in candid/non-performance moments but for the most part Breelan makes some terrible faces. The worst thing is that she pulls her chin and head back which gives her a double chin. It also makes her face look fatter than it is and it also gives her the appearance of having no neck. A girl I knew in college did the same thing and people called her Beeker behind her back. Breelan also makes this pursed lip fish face when she dances. Sometimes she also leaves her mouth hanging open which gives her a little bit of the Cletus the slackjawed yokel look (especially combined with her blank deer in the headlights eyes). I know it's really hard not to have your mouth open when you're dancing really hard because your body is just trying to get as much oxygen into your lungs as possible, but that's why you have to learn how to smile with your teeth together so you don't end up looking like a mouthbreather.

I'm glad we got to see a little bit of the team photo shoot, meet the team, and the first game but I always wish they would show more of that stuff. Are the girls only allowed to invite a certain number of guests to the meet the team event? I can only imagine that there has to be a limit. 36 girls x 10 guests each would be 360 people in the audience. It looked like some of them had 4-5 guests which seems more reasonable.

Wait, the team has a technique coach? I want to see her working with the team!

In response to Kelli remarking she had been misunderstood, I would imagine that many see her as a tough as nails uncaring B****.  However we have seen her be more kind and even have tears in response to cutting girls.  I think she has a business to run but it doesn't mean she doesn't care.  That is what makes good business sense.  What do others think?  Am I off base?

• Love 2

• My favorite part of this episode was Melissa Rycroft congratulating Breelan.  

Just kidding.  

I loved the glimpses of the dances at the family and friends event.  I agree with the poster a few weeks ago that they should tape that event and sell it.  You know each of the girls on the team would buy it, along with their family and friends, along with all of us, along with a lot of dancers/cheerleaders/fans.  It would definitely be profitable!!

i actually found Kelsey quite entertaining during the retreat.  It was nice to see a DCC not in "yes ma'am" mode or giving politically correct cookie cutter answers about working hard, such an honor, blah blah.

Literally every time we saw ashley pro speak this season she had tears in her eyes.  sad, happy, you name it.  she's just a better actor than Vivian, so we didn't find it annoying.  i do not think she'll be a one year wonder, she's wayy too pretty for that.  as much as they try to pretend dance technique really matters, the dances they do are not very technical.  unless someone is outrageously bad, they can learn the dances.  the things that do matter are: looks, not being a liability on public appearances, the kick line, not having any skeletons on the closet to cause bad press (or for people like us to speculate about in forums).  

It's very clear to me why Caila made it: she's perfect for the HD screen.  She's 18 (or 19) with no body fat, long legs, and a pretty face.  HD screen will love her.  it doesn't matter that she basically sucks in all other aspects.  there was no chance of her getting cut.  

melissa rycroft is very good on camera.  She has a great speaking voice, is very personable and overall easy to listen to.  there's so much potential with having her on the show and it's such a waste that CMT chose to use that time the way they did.  we don't want to see a breelan fan club.  we dont want to see the lame interventions.  i hope they find something more entertaining for her to do next year because i do think she can bring a lot to the table.  

i reallllly hope chandler and alexandra come back next year!

loved seeing emma speak finally!!  

I seriously doubt that the best cheerleaders/teams/etc. in America are all in Texas despite what they think.  

Coming from someone whose life was cheerleading for about 15 years (all-star team, college team, cheering for a pro sports that shall not be named, and also being a UCA judge during college and beyond), I can honestly say the best cheerleading teams are definitely from Texas.  and i am not from Texas so it pains me to say that.

Last but not least, did you see Judy's face after Kelli announced the team and the girls were jumping around and hugging each other?  Judy had a big smile on her face and she looked gorgeous.  We never see her smile so it threw me off.  the camera does NOT do her justice by only showing shots of her in serious mode.  

• Love 3

Texas has the best cheerleading (and gymnastics) teams hands down. There are some top teams in other places that can beat the best of Texas, but as a whole there are a lot more great cheerleaders in Texas than anywhere else in the world - the top 3 in every division at the Cheerleading Worlds will usually always contain at least one Texas based team (if not 2), and that's just All Star cheer - their high school cheer teams are amazing and award winning too.

Same thing goes in gymnastics. Many gymnasts will relocate to Texas for top training once they reach a point that they know they have Olympic potential.

Now, dance, that is not Texas' strength. There are other areas where dance is bigger than Texas. If the dance winner was Texas-based, that surprises me. However, it could be that the people and teams that valued that prize the most and entered that contest were Texans - like top dancers from somewhere 1000 miles away wouldn't find it all that exciting to win a "wow" award and dance at a Cowboys game and didn't enter. Plus the contest itself was probably marketed a lot more locally.

Edited by MyFavShows

Thanks for all the info about cheerleading.  I'm not much into that type of stuff unless it's about the pro/semi-pro teams as I'm more of the dance type.  I didn't know about HOW popular it was in Texas though I knew it was fairly big.

I wish that the DCC could get to the level of precision shown by the University of Minnesota dance and pom teams (dang those girls are good!), but, given the sheer numbers of dances the DCC have to learn, it wouldn't be realistic in my mind, especially in the short amount of time they have to learn those dances.  If they got there over the course of the year, however. . .   The only thing that should be absolutely perfect and completely in sync from the beginning is the kickline.  I noticed that the "game ready" kick line was not as precise as it could be, but that could be because it was the first game.

Edited by EricaShadows

Now, dance, that is not Texas' strength. There are other areas where dance is bigger than Texas. If the dance winner was Texas-based, that surprises me. However, it could be that the people and teams that valued that prize the most and entered that contest were Texans - like top dancers from somewhere 1000 miles away wouldn't find it all that exciting to win a "wow" award and dance at a Cowboys game and didn't enter. Plus the contest itself was probably marketed a lot more locally.

Thank you for that, I was also wondering why all the winners were from Texas.  That does make sense that other states would not be as interested in appearing at a Cowboys game.

Breelan makes some terrible faces. The worst thing is that she pulls her chin and head back which gives her a double chin. It also makes her face look fatter than it is and it also gives her the appearance of having no neck. A girl I knew in college did the same thing and people called her Beeker behind her back. Breelan also makes this pursed lip fish face when she dances. Sometimes she also leaves her mouth hanging open which gives her a little bit of the Cletus the slackjawed yokel look (especially combined with her blank deer in the headlights eyes). 

Too funny!!!     And yes, I didn't know they had a technique coach either.  Don't they understand we want to know all about the team?  LOL

• Love 1