Type keyword(s) to search

Thomas Ravenel & Kathryn Dennis: Will He Put A Ring On It?

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, ozzy said:

The Men slept with Kathryn (the real star)  to stay relevant on this show because.. God forbid they get Real Job.

LMAO!! Biakbiak is correct, Kathryn was hanging around on the sidelines looking for a way to get on the show That’s exactly how it went down first season. 

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She wasnt actually cast when she slept with them. She hung around the cast hoping to get on camera and all the drama got her cast because it was more interestimg than that boring art girl faking her life.

Jenna and her Lubitons. She bugged me to no end.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Now let's all settle in with a glass of sweet tea, served in cut crystal and presented on a silver tray, while we gently fan ourselves on the verandah. 

I'd much prefer one of Michael's martinis, since I'm not driving.   ;-)

(Just the mere mention of sweet tea makes my teeth itch!)

• Love 9
On 5/13/2018 at 1:21 PM, walnutqueen said:

I'd much prefer one of Michael's martinis, since I'm not driving.   ;-)

(Just the mere mention of sweet tea makes my teeth itch!)

I can't promise I don't mean bourbon on the rocks when I say sweet tea. (I agree - it's way too sweet for me!)

• Love 5

I love the sweet tea that I make (not too sweet) but I surely wouldn’t say no to a bourbon on the rocks! My mother-in-law made tea that actually made my teeth ache so I learned to make it with one third the amount of sugar she used. Yeah. One third. Everyone loved it and that’s still how I make it 40 years later. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I find her weight loss to be alarming.  Really.  This post on TR's Instagram, 4 days ago.

Screenshot (8).png

Compared to her early, controversial "shorts" ensemble - 

Ashley-Jacobs-Printed-Shiorts-and-Navy-Blue-Tank-Top.png

Her thighs, which were perfectly shapely and proportioned in the 2nd photo, look to be half that size now!

She seems to talk out of both sides of her mouth when addressing "fans" concerns about her weight loss:  southern-charm-star-ashley-jacobs-fires-back-at-haters-for-skinny-shaming-her-about-her-weight/

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
19 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I find her weight loss to be alarming.  Really.  This post on TR's Instagram, 4 days ago.

Screenshot (8).png

Compared to her early, controversial "shorts" ensemble - 

Ashley-Jacobs-Printed-Shiorts-and-Navy-Blue-Tank-Top.png

Her thighs, which were perfectly shapely and proportioned in the 2nd photo, look to be half that size now!

She seems to talk out of both sides of her mouth when addressing "fans" concerns about her weight loss:  southern-charm-star-ashley-jacobs-fires-back-at-haters-for-skinny-shaming-her-about-her-weight/

MAN she looks like a different person!  She was tiny in her before pic.  I think she is trying to compete with Katherine.  Katherine is very tall and lean.  It really is alarming.  Guess she is trying to be his type.  

• Love 5

I can see him not being asked back for next season or even to the reunion but I do question the claims that they are editing him out of this season. There just aren’t that many eps left and it’s building to the fight that they showed on the first episode.

In addition to the allegations he also pissed off Patricia which could also cause him to be shown the door.

• Love 2

I don’t know the guy all that well and I am not surprised.  I cannot imagine his friends are shocked.  I suspect in the long run they will be surprised that he has finally been outed as the rat he has been all his adult life.  I am expecting many more to step up with claims of their own.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/13/2018 at 10:30 AM, biakbiak said:

She wasnt actually cast when she slept with them. She hung around the cast hoping to get on camera and all the drama got her cast because it was more interestimg than that boring art girl faking her life.

Yeah, starting with Whitney and then switching to Thomas (with a side of Shep on the side) seemed like her way of getting on the show. What she didn’t count on was Thomas’ sociopathic (crazy-making) tendencies, and his willingness to use her in return.

Looks like a more insightful and mature Kathryn will soon have full custody of the innocents created by these two players, while TRav makes his home behind bars once again. The plot twists never end! 

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Kathryn may get full custody, but with no child support money, something tells me her mom and dad will be doing the majority of the caretaking.

Child support payments are not likely to be up to TRav - and, if Kathryn’s parents are decent people, it might be best if they had something to do with raising the kids along with her. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out - hopefully in a good way for the kids.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Kathryn may get full custody, but with no child support money, something tells me her mom and dad will be doing the majority of the caretaking.

If he were to go to jail, she wouldn't have any problems receiving child support.  Someone either employed by him or by the State would administer his affairs while he is "away" (™Teresa Guidice).

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

If he were to go to jail, she wouldn't have any problems receiving child support.  Someone either employed by him or by the State would administer his affairs while he is "away" (™Teresa Guidice).

Ah, maybe so. At any rate, if Thomas is guilty I hope he goes to jail. And that Kathryn’s kids will be OK.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, nexxie said:

Yeah, starting with Whitney and then switching to Thomas (with a side of Shep on the side) seemed like her way of getting on the show. What she didn’t count on was Thomas’ sociopathic (crazy-making) tendencies, and his willingness to use her in return.

Looks like a more insightful and mature Kathryn will soon have full custody of the innocents created by these two players, while TRav makes his home behind bars once again. The plot twists never end! 

I think Thomas would have been one of the main cast members even if the whole Thomas-Kathryn thing never happened.

HE was the only one who had a big family name.  Several of them came from well-off families but nobody else had a bridge named after the family or was a politician with a position in state govt.

His impending political campaign may also have figured in story lines for the show.  They were talking about prospective politician's wife candidates before he and Kathryn hooked up.

Of course Kathryn shoved her way onto the show, with several of the male cast members only too happy to accommodate her thirstiness to get on the show by whatever means necessary.

That's why most of the female cast members weren't too enthusiastic about her getting onto the show as a regular cast member and dominating screen time.  The women on SC aren't exactly feminists but it had to rankle them that someone like Kathryn could get so far blatantly prostituting herself, rather than be interesting enough to have entertaining story lines.

Women will be the harshest judge of other women, especially if they will sink to depths that they think are beneath them.  Cameran didn't have to sleep with any of the men to befriend them or be able to shoot scenes with them.  So the show had to cast bit players like Jennifer and now Chelsea who were willing to do scenes with her and kind of champion her cause.

Craig and Shep also tried to argue her case.  Of course eventually Cameran relented and did some scenes with her last season, because she still had one of the main story lines, the ongoing custody thing with Thomas.  But it's understandable why she was never a big fan of Kathryn and she will only mention Kathryn's screaming and other behavior but is too polite to bring up how she got on the show.

So that's a kind of Southern Charm.  :D

• Love 7
7 hours ago, nexxie said:

Yeah, starting with Whitney and then switching to Thomas (with a side of Shep on the side) seemed like her way of getting on the show. What she didn’t count on was Thomas’ sociopathic (crazy-making) tendencies, and his willingness to use her back. 

Looks like a more insightful and mature Kathryn will soon have full custody of the innocents created by these two players, while TRav makes his home behind bars once again. The plot twists never end!

It's so weird that in this "reality" show which lately seems more and more scripted, the central drama between Thomas and Kathryn has mostly been 100% real. And that now the worm may turn on Thomas and he might lose custody of his kids while Kathryn regains it. 

• Love 7

To go back to the sweet tea conversation, my mother-in-law made good tea but WAY too sweet for me. I made it like she did but cut the sugar in half and it was perfect. Everyone I made it for much preferred it to hers but of course, we never told her that-ha. She was a southern woman who could take no criticism about how she did anything. She was a good grandmother to our children though so that made up for a lot. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Thank you and I hate you - just spent 2 days down the rabbit hole of that link.  OMG!  Must save the address.  Loved the story of the Bakelite heiress #351 also liked #372 about concerns about the Double Dare and Babysitter's Club reboots.  Another Thomas one at #357.  So freaking addicting!

I just got sucked into that hole as well! 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

I just got sucked into that hole as well! 

LOL. Make it three of us cuz I did too!  Glad I wasnt the only one....thanks to whoever posted that link....I have it saved now. Juicy stuff!

• Love 5
On 5/27/2018 at 9:40 AM, snarts said:

Thanks for the links!  I did not know this stuff.  The friend didn't die because of the ATV accident but is dead now.  There was apparently a 2.2 million settlement.

• Love 1
On 5/27/2018 at 9:17 AM, nexxie said:

Child support payments are not likely to be up to TRav - and, if Kathryn’s parents are decent people, it might be best if they had something to do with raising the kids along with her. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out - hopefully in a good way for the kids.

Not to be a bummer but I believe Kathryn's mother is quite ill and according to the court order her father cannot be alone with the children.  Not much help from the folks.

Usually child support is based on income and if Thomas goes away no income for awhile plus it sounds like there is a growing list of plaintiffs after Thomas.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Usually child support is based on income and if Thomas goes away no income for awhile

I would think that his business, plus any investments would continue to earn.  Does he have to get an actual paycheck to be required to pay child support?  If true, that segment of our legal system is more effed up than I thought.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 3
(edited)

Here we go...

Edit: deleted this radaronline link because someone got a virus popup. The story is about Kathryn trying to get full custody now that Thomas has big legal problems.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 1
On 5/30/2018 at 5:37 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I would think that his business, plus any investments would continue to earn.  Does he have to get an actual paycheck to be required to pay child support?  If true, that segment of our legal system is more effed up than I thought.

Not sure of SC law, but, in many states, property ownership can be used in child support determination in some situations, like if he's getting income from ownership OR if he could get income from ownership.   Intentionally, suppressing income isn't allowed and even if the parent is not getting a salary, the court may impute income to the person according to what they are capable of making. They would look at his income history to determine that. This is true for both parents. If you're not disabled or have a small child in your custody, they would attribute some income to you, even if it's minimum wage. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

The news wires are blowing up this morning! At least in the gossip circles. #teamlu

What’s happening? Or is #teamlu an accidental post that should have gone in the RHNY thread? I also can’t click @nexxie‘s article above without getting a “you’re a winner” click bait virus. I feel so out of the loop!

52 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

What’s happening? Or is #teamlu an accidental post that should have gone in the RHNY thread? I also can’t click @nexxie‘s article above without getting a “you’re a winner” click bait virus. I feel so out of the loop!

Just all the stuff that's hitting the gossip columns since last few episodes have aired, mostly around Ashley's behavior and all the trouble she caused for a woman named Luzanne Otte who very briefly dated Thomas last summer.  Ashley and Thomas went batsh*t on Luzanne and she has come forward with her story.  I mean it's just bonkers.  Craziness.

• Love 3
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Looks like Ashley hitched her wagon to the wrong star.  If he’s not on, she won’t be either.  I look forward to Kathryn’s story taking a major change next season.

ETA:  I wonder if the cast gets a vote as to whether TRash is on the reunion.  Why would anyone want anything to do with him now?

Edited by b2H
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Deleted the link, though I got no click bait. The radaronline story is about Kathryn trying to get full custody now that Thomas has big legal problems.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, nexxie said:

Could be a crazy reunion!

I have a funny feeling that this might be the last season for Southern Charm.  This season has been a snoozefest with the exception of crazy Ashley.  I'm not interested in the interchangeable, generic women:  Jennifer, Chelsea and Naomie.  I don't care about Katheryn's struggles as she continues to moon over Thomas.  Whitney is the producer of Southern Charm: New Orleans (a much better show); Cameron will be spending time with her baby and I could care less if Shep ever finds love.  I mean let's face it, the Thomas/Katheryn show is probably why most people watch.

Also this show has moved from Tuesday to Thursday and I don't think too many Bravo shows (save for the real estate shows) air on Thursday nights, just saying.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4