Type keyword(s) to search

Thomas Ravenel & Kathryn Dennis: Will He Put A Ring On It?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

After being given her children for the weekend, by Thomas (who didn't have to do that), she ditches them with her mother so she can go out partying. Maybe jail is the wakeup call that will shake her into sensibility.

http://starcasm.net/archives/370778

To me, Kathryn is abusing the court system.  I get she wants to see her kids and she is being very dramatic about her path.  It is creepy she believes she knows what goes inside of Thomas' home.  I only hope her alleged sources aren't anyone connected with the show.  I don't blame Thomas for being angry and I just would hope these two can get out of the justice system come up with a workable plan-Kathryn having visitation with her parents present every other weekend and Wednesday for one year.  One would hope, short of a work conflict she can spend 72 hours with her children without going out or needing a nanny.  I have no idea the distance between her parents home and Thomas' but it would seem this is doable. 

It seems to me they are two months away from filming and Kathryn needs to make some choices about her future.  This season is bad for Kathryn because she can't attend normal events and so there are these carefully orchestrated scenes with Kathryn.

Lather, rinse and repeat when it comes to this woman.  I may have goofed but HE is far worse.  No HE has provided the children with a stable home for the past year while she was allowed to get her stuff together.  Thomas has fulfilled his parental obligations.  No more no less, Kathryn, not so much.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I have no idea the distance between her parents home and Thomas' but it would seem this is doable. 

Moncks Corner is a good distance from Charleston. 

Kathryn has been given every opportunity, more than most addicts. To think she had her children for a weekend and STILL preferred to go party with friends. Why??? 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Kathryn has been given every opportunity, more than most addicts. To think she had her children for a weekend and STILL preferred to go party with friends. Why??? 

Because she's a selfish, self-centered piece of sociopathic shit.

• Love 9

They were a means to an end, she did not get the ending she wanted, so now the children are useless to her. I can't believe I'm saying that, because I'm usually a huge Kathryn supporter, but I just got a call a spade a spade

• Love 7
On 5/21/2017 at 4:02 PM, Major Bigtime said:

Saint was conceived when they were in NYC filming a reunion there with Andy. I remember Andy asking them if they were going to hook up and they both looked at each other. She was still a little on the heavy side from having Kensie, and I also couldn't believe they'd be so careless.

Wonder how Saint is doing - he seems fine on the show but there was talk of health issues due to Kathryn's drinking/drug use when pregnant.

2 hours ago, nexxie said:

Wonder how Saint is doing - he seems fine on the show but there was talk of health issues due to Kathryn's drinking/drug use when pregnant.

Has anyone ever seen Saint walk?

It appears during Kathryn's visitation she managed to spend the time having a photo shoot.  I do think Kathryn has pretty legs but please someone discourage this modeling career nonsense.

Y'all consider that maybe Kathryn spent the entire weekend with her kids and went out while they were sleeping? Maybe she went out to dinner and her parents enjoyed spending time with their grandchildren.  I get that she's had issues but the constant mom shaming that occurs when moms are out & about socially is ridiculous. Do we hold dads to the same standard?  I certainly don't see it.  Thomas goes out trolling the Charleston bars and leaves the kids with the nanny while the cameras are rolling.  I've never seen him shamed for it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Y'all consider that maybe Kathryn spent the entire weekend with her kids and went out while they were sleeping? Maybe she went out to dinner and her parents enjoyed spending time with their grandchildren.  I get that she's had issues but the constant mom shaming that occurs when moms are out & about socially is ridiculous. Do we hold dads to the same standard?  I certainly don't see it.  Thomas goes out trolling the Charleston bars and leaves the kids with the nanny while the cameras are rolling.  I've never seen him shamed for it.

A normal mom without her drug and court issues would not get this scrutiny.  She complains about not seeing her kids but then in the short time she has them she goes out.  Fair or not she has a hard road ahead of her and if she cannot put her social life aside for one or two nights that she has the kids, whether or not they are asleep, it shows she has not made the necessary progress.  She is the cause of her own problems.

• Love 15
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:05 AM, Major Bigtime said:

Moncks Corner is a good distance from Charleston. 

To some of us in/around Charleston it is a haul. But in most large cities it would be a suburb. 45 minutes to 1hr 15 to driver about 30 miles depending on day of week and traffic. Thomas' house is actually about 1 mile south of the crosstown (ie- the end of interstate 26.) The easiest route is to skirt the peninsula and come down Lockwood and turn left onto his street- only about 5-6 blocks of surface streets, involved.

I work about 1/2 to 3/4 mile from Thomas' house and have one coworker who comes in from Moncks Corner daily. I know two people who have done daily reverse commutes from Charleston to Moncks Corner for jobs with Berkeley County Government.

Say what you will, I'm sure she's driven that far to get to a party or bar. If a man couldn't make that distance to participate in his children's lives he would be justly excoriated. I've had friends who had to travel 2 hours each way to visit pick/up kids due to one parent moving. And they did it. Heck one friend's ex used to meet him half way because she thought it was important. 

I'm usually a bleeding heart but Kathryn has hit the point she needs a strong hand and no room to bullsh** her way through situations of her own making.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

If I were in Kathryn's position, not seeing my kids for months, I'd not leave their side the entire weekend. But, she did (see her drunken instagrams for confirmation). 

Hangover and/or personality dulling after effects of alcohol during the daylight hours when she IS present with the children notwithstanding!

• Love 2

One thing that really bothers me is that even if a parent is not providing daily care of the children, the kids still suffer as they grow up.  From what I have read, children feel the need to try to help the ailing parent and to make them happy.  They desperately want their parents to be happy, healthy and functional.  Growing up seeing your mom so dysfunctional, unreliable, unhappy, etc.  Man.....I can't imagine.  

• Love 3
On 6/2/2017 at 11:58 AM, Sun-Bun said:

Because she's a selfish, self-centered piece of sociopathic shit.

Honestly, I truly think she is a sociopath. I turned on Bravo today and again saw her lunch with Jennifer and she could not be any less interested in Jennifer's baby who was born with a defect.  And she really didn't care that she came across that way. I know she doesn't like Jennifer but, my God, that woman is just horribly mean. That poor baby is innocent.

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

One thing that really bothers me is that even if a parent is not providing daily care of the children, the kids still suffer as they grow up.  From what I have read, children feel the need to try to help the ailing parent and to make them happy.  They desperately want their parents to be happy, healthy and functional.  Growing up seeing your mom so dysfunctional, unreliable, unhappy, etc.  Man.....I can't imagine.  

I was in the hospital for about a week when my son was 3...he is now 7 and to this day if sees me tired or not feeling well, he says are you ok?... No hospital mommy, you're  ok mommy?   Kids are affected by the parents. It breaks my heart that he still remembers me so ill that I could barely stay awake, so yes kids want to help parents. I can't imagine my son trying to help me from a day of drugging and drinking. Kids shouldn't be exposed to that. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 5

Ref. photo above.  I suppose Thomas and Kathryn are splitting the water.  lol  

I'm afraid that seeing a photo of them all smiles doesn't cause me to believe anything different about them.  They are toxic together and from what I read, better off if they have no direct communication.  Trust has to be earned.  When you place your faith in someone without a good record, you are facing many risks.  

• Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:26 AM, Major Bigtime said:

Geez. . . who has such a direct line to Kathryn?  It almost seems as if she is trying to get as much negative made up stuff out there so she can come back and say it is ALL lies.  Sad if true her mother has cancer.

16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ref. photo above.  I suppose Thomas and Kathryn are splitting the water.  lol  

I'm afraid that seeing a photo of them all smiles doesn't cause me to believe anything different about them.  They are toxic together and from what I read, better off if they have no direct communication.  Trust has to be earned.  When you place your faith in someone without a good record, you are facing many risks.  

It was a PR photo for JD's place as it's not doing too well.

There is nothing madeup about the story of Kathryn leaving her kids with her mom so she can go out and party. Look for an Instagram of her and some friends, drunk in the back of a car. That was the weekend.

Is that Sermets, which JD changed the name to Gentry?

Guess Bravo felt they gave him too much free advertising for his vodka so they haven't filmed in his restaurants at all this season.

Or maybe he was demanding more money to film at his places?

This season they've gone to more scenic places, like the lunch place overlooking the water last week or the rooftop bar where Landon and Jennifer met.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, scrb said:

Guess Bravo felt they gave him too much free advertising for his vodka so they haven't filmed in his restaurants at all this season.

This season they've gone to more scenic places, like the lunch place overlooking the water last week or the rooftop bar where Landon and Jennifer met.

Sermet's closed in January.  Gentry Bar opened in March.
https://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/Eat/archives/2017/01/16/sermets-to-be-replaced-with-the-gentry-house
https://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/Eat/archives/2017/03/27/gentry-bar-and-room-opens-this-fri-march-31

15 minutes ago, scrb said:

Yep, that's the old Sermet's, which JD recently "rebranded" to its current name/vibe. Maybe he wanted to cash in on the Gentry's name and have all his ventures share that same title, but I don't think it was a good move on his part. Sermet's was a lovely place that had been a respected local eatery/jazz joint for a good while; I even visited there several times before the show started and loved the ambiance and bar bites---I had a fave bartender there who made me one of the most amazing dirty vodka martinis. Wish I'd known to look out for JD around there back in the day!

• Love 2

I liked Sermet's, the food and atmosphere was great. This new configuration is not as popular. Hence the money issues, I do believe he was asking for more money for them to film there. Which was dumb, he's not getting people in any other way.

From reviews of Gentry, they have rude bartenders and the bourbon sucks.

• Love 2

Yeah I see the Yelp reviews are poor.  Looks like they have a review on Zagat but I don't subscribe so I don't know what the rating is.

There's also a Gentry Hotel as well.  Maybe that's doing better for him.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Where is the Gentry Hotel? If you can give me a link, I can find it on Yelp. So far, nothing...

The details are on the website and it's actually the first hit on Google if yo search Gentry Charleston.

• Love 1
On 6/6/2017 at 6:29 PM, Major Bigtime said:

Thank you @biakbiak, found it. It has good ratings, but that orange carpet...gawd!

The floors appears to be hard wood, yet reflects the light and picks up warm copper tones and it can look like orange carpet. I think that is what you are referring to. I didn't see any orange carpet, just hard wood and area rugs. However, you may be looking at something else that I'm not seeing! 

It looks like a nice place to stay, great location. The bedrooms look small *for me.* Others may love that. I like to have some space in a hotel room if I am with another person!

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

thought he looked like he as FAS and was saddened by it, but now I'm thinking/hoping that maybe I was wrong and he just looks like Kathryn 

I seriously think he just got the worst of both of them. Part Thomas with her ginormous fivehead.

One thing I think that's weird is that Thomas calls h8m Saint and Kathryn calls him Julian.

• Love 4
On 6/27/2017 at 3:30 PM, biakbiak said:

Imo, Thomas is baiting Katherine in the hope that she will totally lose her shit and therefore  lose custody of her children.

one, because he is incredibly cheap and secondly because he wants her to some back crawling to his old ass.

Also, his gone with the wind act with Katherine as Scarlett and him as Rhett was so tacky and cliche, this has to stop.

20 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I seriously think he just got the worst of both of them. Part Thomas with her ginormous fivehead.

One thing I think that's weird is that Thomas calls h8m Saint and Kathryn calls him Julian.

yes,  I don't get why they named their son saint Julien, is he named after the Bordeaux? Or the city in Belgium?

Although according to the always reliable wiki, Thomas had an ancestor named Saint Julien.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Julien_Ravenel

interestingly, enough he died of cirrhosis  of the liver. 

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, MissMel said:

Thomas.JPG.5c48eb01545c0ccf3f0c999e7dfded2b.JPG

Is this the house Thomas filmed in this season?

I'm sure a Charlestonian knows better than I, but I think no.  This looks like the "Ravenel House" that was pointed out on an architecture tour during my one trip to Charleston and it's on/near the Battery.  

• Love 4

Yeah, I kinda got the feeling there is something wrong with Saint as well, especially because Thomas' father inquired about Miss Kenzie but only asked if Saint was happy. I don't know. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. 

• Love 1

Had Kathryn not continued drinking, drugging, partying, etc. from the first of the year on, her edit on this season might not have the *but read online* attached to every move she made. I've lost any sympathy, any hopes she'll change, any sort of feeling toward her except disgust.

• Love 1
(edited)

Thomas' Drunktexts to Kathryn are super Ragey, hypocritical and designed to bait her. I wonder if the same judge he bought off during his Cake-cayn trial will be used in the custody hearing. 

10 months in club fed( which Thomas finds excessive) for intent to distribute is NO kind of punishment. He didn't even serve the whole sentence.

Anyone else would be getting muuuch longer in state prison. So, yes he will be buying the judge in the Custody case. Not because he gives a shit about the kids, its about Winning , you see. Honestly neither is a fit parent. Fucking assholes, both. Its hard to root for either parent.

Edited by Nancypants
  • Love 6

It won't be the same judge. This is family court, entirely different entity. And there is no proof anywhere that any judge has been bought off. If there was, it would be all over the tabloids. There's not even a hint of impropriety. Just Kathryn defying judge's orders and failing drug tests. When she shows up to take them.

• Love 3