Type keyword(s) to search

Thomas Ravenel & Kathryn Dennis: Will He Put A Ring On It?

• Start Topic

(edited)
58 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

It won't be the same judge. This is family court, entirely different entity. And there is no proof anywhere that any judge has been bought off. If there was, it would be all over the tabloids. There's not even a hint of impropriety. Just Kathryn defying judge's orders and failing drug tests. When she shows up to take them.

I'm fully aware that Family Court is a different entity, everyone knows that . I'm sayin He Definitely bought the judge in the very serious Cake-cayne.trial., obviously due to the tiny tiny "punishment" for a huge huge felony. I Promise you the good Ol boy system is FIRMLY in place in Charleston, South Carolina. There is also no evidence that he Did Not buy the judge. Common sense points to corruption everywhere Thomas lands.

He will buy this one too, because he can and because of his connections.. He wants to stick it to Kathryn, make himself look golden and WIN. Nevermind he created this entire mess, but of course we hold Her accountable for her actions ,and he gets a fucking pass EVERY DAY because he's a Ravenel., whatever that means, ex slave owner legacy , Awweessome..

The welfare of the children be damned, remember him seeing his kids and saying he could not be bothered to address them, " Ah Cain't Innertayne Everwun". WHAT A USELESS PIG.

He's worse than her. She is struggling, someone just call Social Services.

These kids are Screwed, its Bleak.

Edited by Nancypants
  • Love 3

Just watched the reunion clip of Kathryn accusing Jennifer of lying under oath.  Kathryn looks terrible and not all together with it.  Setting aside her over the top dress and horrible hair color, her skin looks terrible.  She also whispers that Thomas asked her to get an abortion with both of her pregnancies.   I don't know if I believe anything she says, but holy hell your children are going to see this someday.   

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

Just watched the reunion clip of Kathryn accusing Jennifer of lying under oath.  Kathryn looks terrible and not all together with it.  Setting aside her over the top dress and horrible hair color, her skin looks terrible.  She also whispers that Thomas asked her to get an abortion with both of her pregnancies.   I don't know if I believe anything she says, but holy hell your children are going to see this someday.   

Geez Kathryn give it a rest.  http://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm/season-4/videos/did-jennifer-snowden-lie-under-oath  So Thomas can't change his mind about Jennifer.  Or Jennifer about Thomas.  The whole season was based around practically the entire cast forgiving Kathryn. 

I am sure Thomas asked if she was going to get an abortion, and there is a part of me that believes she is that woman who would threaten an abortion for some material gain. 

1 hour ago, Nancypants said:

I'm fully aware that Family Court is a different entity, everyone knows that . I'm sayin He Definitely bought the judge in the very serious Cake-cayne.trial., obviously due to the tiny tiny "punishment" for a huge huge felony. I Promise you the good Ol boy system is FIRMLY in place in Charleston, South Carolina. There is also no evidence that he Did Not buy the judge. Common sense points to corruption everywhere Thomas lands.

He will buy this one too, because he can and because of his connections.. He wants to stick it to Kathryn, make himself look golden and WIN. Nevermind he created this entire mess, but of course we hold Her accountable for her actions ,and he gets a fucking pass EVERY DAY because he's a Ravenel., whatever that means, ex slave owner legacy , Awweessome..

The welfare of the children be damned, remember him seeing his kids and saying he could not be bothered to address them, " Ah Cain't Innertayne Everwun". WHAT A USELESS PIG.

Thomas didn't go trial on what I am assuming is your reference to his furnishing cocaine charges.  Is that what Cake-cayne.trial means? 

From what I read it was straightforward plea deal and Thomas was not pleased with the outcome. 

As to the family law issue-it is hard to see Thomas has to do much to persuade the court Kathryn ahs serious issues when Kathryn has serious issues.  I do think Thomas provides a home for his children.  I am not of the same political mindset of Ravenel but I do not see how it would be in the children's best interests to call social services.  Foster care?   

These children may very well have some special needs issues and it would seem that Thomas is continuing to find services for their issues.

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

Yikes...Thomas and Kathryn both look pretty damned awful...that horrible lighting isn't helping things, but they both look a good 8-10 years older than they did in the 1st season. Their skin!! Kathryn in particular has some pretty rough skin for a gal only in her mid-20's---but that's what advanced partying/drugs/stress does to someone that age. Too bad they both are such lousy excuses of co-parents; their ongoing legal/emotional battles are literally written all over their faces.

And then she's implying that Jennifer lied under *oath*, just to spite her?! Wow...bitch be cray. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I wonder what Kathryn did to Kimsey's ears? Sad little Saint has issues.  I guess it doesn't matter what Kathryn calls him-she rarely sees him.  Mostly a copy of the Daily Mail-she goes into only two visitstions since they "settled""  http://tamaratattles.com/2017/06/27/southern-charm-thomas-ravenels-texts-to-kathryn-leaked/

I'm wondering about the ear problems too - was it from loud music, ignoring ear infections, or what?

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I will never believe that Thomas was able to legally pass any drug tests he was also given.

Has he done urine testing or hair follicle testing? It would be a good reason to keep his hair very short as it can get rid of potential evidence.  Many people have "methods" of beating the urine test. 

3 hours ago, gunderda said:

I will never believe that Thomas was able to legally pass any drug tests he was also given.

His behavior online and on the show makes it seem unlikely - unless the state considers a father shit-faced on alcohol a-ok.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

He's done both tests, both planned and impromtu (you get no warning ahead of time), and passed. 

Drug abusers can be very cunning. If he knows he's going out of state (say CA for a week long polo event) he'd be able to do something like cocaine (which he has been jailed for so we know that he likes it) for his first few days there then stop and voila...clean on a urinalysis after returning. I really want to believe that he is a reformed drug user. He still over does the alcohol and allows it to be filmed and shown to the world. I don't want to imagine what these producers have seen at the end of the gangs drinking/partying nights and have left on the cutting room floor. Alcohol also loosens lips and we have seen him go off on almost every person on this show.  Remember that certain dinner party where he stood and went around the table sniping everyone? Who's to say he doesn't have a bit of his father in him once he's over indulged. These poor children will see all of both parents antics when they are old enough to navigate on the internet! Thomas may seem "cleaned up" but I'm with @gunderda and @nexxie on this one. I think he's still abusing drugs, alcohol or both. 

• Love 5

Putting the children first, ask yourself, who are they better off with?

Thomas has good income, a strong support system and can provide the kids with whatever they need. They are obviously happy with him. From everything I have heard, he is a good father. He's selling his house and finding one more compatible with children and their needs. 

Kathryn has no job aside from this show, cannot stop her drug and alcohol abuse thus far, and even when she has had the children, she leaves them with her family so she can go out and party. She's immature and uncaring, unless it somehow benefits her.

• Love 6
(edited)

Thomas is no prince, but I think of the two, the kids are better off with him.   He has the means to hire people to help him.  I know he can do that for Kathryn too, but if he is to be believed, he is home alone with them at night.  I don't think Kathryn is even close to capable of doing unsupervised visits yet.  And watching the show, it seemed like she was more interested in getting back with Thomas than getting her children back.  I really wish the show would cut them both loose.  He doesn't need the show for anything....and I think for her, the money it brings temporarily, simply fuels her addictions.  It's just depressing.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Putting the children first, ask yourself, who are they better off with?

Thomas sadly but agreed that he has the means to see to their every needs and can make sure they get the best education in a stable home (even if it's nannies etc). 

I just get the feeling that he's a bit underhanded but not when it comes to his children. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm about to be a cocaine distributing drunk ass mysogenistic felonious PRICK, because that way ill get my way Every time I Fucking create a Huge Mess.  CHEERS

Edited by Nancypants
Because Thomas lurks here
  • Love 1

Katherine is a mess, and clearly does not put much value on her children's welfare. Thomas isn't perfect, but he does love his kids and provides a stable home for them. I actually believe Thomas would prefer to share custody if Katherine could actually get her shiz together. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Katherine is a mess, and clearly does not put much value on her children's welfare. Thomas isn't perfect, but he does love his kids and provides a stable home for them. I actually believe Thomas would prefer to share custody if Katherine could actually get her shiz together. 

I also believe that Thomas would prefer to share custody with a clean and sober Kathryn. He still seems to be attracted to her, and I think somewhere in his heart he would like to be married to the (attractive, much younger) mother of his children, especially now that he's turning 55 and he knows that messed-up gold-diggers are the women he's most likely to attract. Who knows if that will ever be possible? I have huge doubts.

As seen on the show, Thomas would have preferred to give Kathryn a sum of his choosing (although I believed it was in line with SC support guidelines) and share custody without the intervention of the courts. He did try to live with her, but neither of them were ready to give up their single-person lifestyle so it wasn't possible, and then Kathryn prevented Thomas from seeing Kensie, claiming he was not paying support. (Thomas claimed that because they were not married SC law said he did not have to pay anything.) After Saint Julien's birth apparently her partying ways got out of control so he had to step in and go for custody to rescue them. Kathryn sure came out the loser, as now she has to pay Thomas $100 a month in child support! And it will take a lot of clean drug tests for her to gain unsupervised visits with her kids. 

• Love 1

Any bets on whether or not Kathryn will return next season-which starts filming in two months?

There sure was a lot of emphasis put on the nannies.  Would it not make more sense to leave the nannies in the children's lives?  I get the impression there will never be a nanny suitable for Kathryn. 

One thing for certain there is plenty of time in the custody/visitation schedule for Kathryn to resume her education.

I am kind of laughing at the four month mark and the significant others.  I bet that is the only thing Kathryn regularly tracks with Thomas going forward.  

• Love 3

It would be sad for the children if the only nanny they've known (or at least the one they live with at Thomas') has to be removed from their lives. Children love the ones who take care of them on a daily basis and they seem to be very comfortable with their current nanny. As does Thomas.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

season-which starts filming in two months?

Where did you here that? They didn't start until late Oct last year. I am sure it will be but it hasn't even been renewed yet.

2 hours ago, RedHawk said:

but neither of them were ready to give up their single-person lifestyle

I think it was more Kathryn's doing, if I remember it correctly. He was busy campaigning, she was at the country home...bored. So he got her a place in town so she could stay there now and then. She decided to stay there all the time. She left him to keep up her nightlife lifestyle.

2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Where did you here that? They didn't start until late Oct last year. I am sure it will be but it hasn't even been renewed yet.

This is going to sound so bad-Craig kind of let it slip on a radio interview.  I believe he said in September.  You do realize you have forced me to admit I listened to a 45 minute Craig interview.  (Hanging my head in shame.)  I believe they were renewed when the ratings soared.

• Love 10
(edited)
On 6/30/2017 at 3:37 PM, Major Bigtime said:

He's done both tests, both planned and impromtu (you get no warning ahead of time), and passed. 

Due to a clean whiz donor and/or the Whizzinator + a 5 blade razor, and friendly probation officers.( and a Few Words of Wisdom...?)

Edited by Nancypants
Cake-kayne
(edited)
On 7/1/2017 at 2:52 PM, Major Bigtime said:

I think it was more Kathryn's doing, if I remember it correctly. He was busy campaigning, she was at the country home...bored. So he got her a place in town so she could stay there now and then. She decided to stay there all the time. She left him to keep up her nightlife lifestyle.

This isn't meant as a defense of Kathryn, but Thomas had to know that sticking a new mother out there on that plantation with only the nanny and the baby was going to be a disaster. Even someone like Elizabeth, Snowden, Danni, or Cameran might have gone batty in that situation.

My one sister-in-law lived most of her life thinking that she would go to college, get a degree, get married, have kids and be a stay at home mother. She now has 2 kids in less than 4 years of marriage and is busy trying to figure out what graduate programs she should be exploring. My S-I-L is 8 years older than Kathryn, she was more considerate when planning to have kids, she wasn't isolated in the middle of nowhere, but parts of motherhood didn't come easy for her, weren't as fulfilling as she thought they'd be, and were overwhelming enough that she is a bit depressed, bored, and filled with anxiety.

Kathryn put herself in a tough position. None of her friends had settled down. I'm sure when she hung out with them she got really jealous. Half of Thomas' friends were still running around single and the other group was older and married with children. It's possible that Kathryn might not have been so desperate to party if more of her friends had been settling down or even if Cameran or Danni had been having kids. 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Due to a clean whiz donor and/or the Whizzinator + a 5 blade razor, and friendly probation officers.( and a Few Words of Wisdom...?)

When you take a drug test, someone is in the room with you or you are in a room with no running water, no way to dilute the sample. Blood tests...how'd he fake that one? You can't. Hair follicle tests are good for 6 months at catching anything you've smoked or injested.

Thomas passed all his tests. Kathryn did not. I think that's enough for the courts.

• Love 3

I do have sympathy for Katherine in her battle to fight addiction. However, as a person and mother I find her lacking. She is responsible for her situation and was an adult when she got pregnant with those children. 

I was the first of all my friends to get married and have a baby (23), and felt very isolated to be at home all day and night with a newborn. I worked really hard to reinvent my life, and grew to love my life as a stay at home mother. Katherine has only herself to blame and she needs to get her act together for her children's sake. Problem being, she cares more for herself than her kids. 

• Love 11
19 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I do have sympathy for Katherine in her battle to fight addiction. However, as a person and mother I find her lacking. She is responsible for her situation and was an adult when she got pregnant with those children. 

I was the first of all my friends to get married and have a baby (23), and felt very isolated to be at home all day and night with a newborn. I worked really hard to reinvent my life, and grew to love my life as a stay at home mother. Katherine has only herself to blame and she needs to get her act together for her children's sake. Problem being, she cares more for herself than her kids. 

Yes, not everyone can become a mother, Imo. Congrats.

Katherine is a mess, she is lucky that she has parents stepping up to the plate.

Positive healing vibes toward Mrs Dennis. And fuck cancer.

On 6/30/2017 at 10:51 AM, Nancypants said:

EVeryone deserves second chance including Thomas and Katherine.

Shaming Thomas for his addiction is counterproductive, imo.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 7/2/2017 at 7:18 AM, Major Bigtime said:

When you take a drug test, someone is in the room with you or you are in a room with no running water, no way to dilute the sample. Blood tests...how'd he fake that one? You can't. Hair follicle tests are good for 6 months at catching anything you've smoked or injested.

Thomas passed all his tests. Kathryn did not. I think that's enough for the courts.

I'm $ure hi$ "clean te$t re$ult$"were Purely Becau$e as we have all witnessed. Thoma$ $tay$   $uper $ober  all the Time and i$ a paragon of Virtue that is Blamele$$ in this me$$.

And since the test results point to no drug use, that scares me even further, because the behaviors he exhibits are a result of ...SOBRIETY! 

Its not impaired behavior, he Really IS THAT Big of an  Asshole! And on So Many Levels!  

This is not in defense of Kathryn. 

Edited by Nancypants
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Yes, not everyone can become a mother, Imo. Congrats.

Katherine is a mess, she is lucky that she has parents stepping up to the plate.

Positive healing vibes toward Mrs Dennis. And fuck cancer.

EVeryone deserves second chance including Thomas and Katherine.

Shaming Thomas for his addiction is counterproductive, imo.

I agree. And the same goes for shaming Katherine for her Addiction. Its counterproductive.

Althought I have no problem shaming Thomas for the way he treats women. And his entitlement and the way he gets a pass for EVERYTHING because in Charleston,   the word "Ravenel" means "Bow down while I Behave in the worst most destructive way possible". 

• Love 3
On 7/1/2017 at 3:52 PM, Major Bigtime said:

I disagree. Thomas had no reason other than vanity to run for the Senate, he has a business and plenty of money. His chances of winning were slim to none. He had a new baby and a young first-time mother at home and yet he ran around the state campaigning -- which is what I called not being willing to give up his single lifestyle in a previous post. Yes, as a wealthy Southern man over 50 who was raised in a different time, I'm sure he thought Kathryn (with a nanny) should just settle into motherhood and let him do whatever he wanted. I found that disgustingly disengaged from parenthood and responsibility to Kathryn. Not to defend her, really, but Thomas was in my eyes equally to blame. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Thomas had no reason other than vanity to run for the Senate

He ran for office for the same reasons he ran for office before. No man or woman who is predispositioned to run for office is going to stop. Especially when TV cameras are rolling and the show must go on. Knowing Kathryn's family's financial situation, and after talking with them, he figured Kathryn would fall in line, raise his children and be a stay-at-home-mom and reap the financial benefits from that. He was wrong.

20 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

He ran for office for the same reasons he ran for office before. No man or woman who is predispositioned to run for office is going to stop. Especially when TV cameras are rolling and the show must go on. Knowing Kathryn's family's financial situation, and after talking with them, he figured Kathryn would fall in line, raise his children and be a stay-at-home-mom and reap the financial benefits from that. He was wrong.

I don't know that it's completely accurate to say that Thomas ran for the same reasons as before. Thomas knew he had no chance of beating Graham. He was hoping that he'd do well enough that people within the party would start listening to him again. He was running to be Reince Priebus-a power broker.

Kathryn might have been a stay at home mom provided she's approaching it at the same time that the rest of her peers are--mid to late twenties. Unfortunately all of her peers were finishing college, getting their first real jobs, going out, and coming into their own as young adults. If Thomas had any sense, he would have made Kathryn take a college class or two while caring for Kensie. Absent the more normal and stabilizing interaction with her peers (going to classes, being in study groups, participating clubs and groups), Kathryn fixated on the partying. 

Additionally, Thomas was kind of in denial about his reputation. The cocaine was bad, the first season of Southern Charm was worse, and living with the woman he met on a reality TV show who is 30 years his junior and had his baby is the worst. Nothing about his situation with Kathryn during that campaign would make a voter think that Thomas is no longer that cocaine guy. He sounds like the same impulsive guy. Being arrested because of Kathryn's friend didn't help his campaign, but his unhinged ranting on Facebook killed it stone dead. He was trying to prove that he wasn't an impulsive cavalier guy and then he gets involved with a 21 year old and starts putting out bizarre tweets and Facebook posts about the woman he freely chose. He wants to prove that he could be a power broker who could handle political crises for the party, but he couldn't handle that he helped to create in his own house.

I don't think Thomas had a decent understanding of who he is and who Kathryn is.

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Unfortunately all of her peers were finishing college, getting their first real jobs, going out, and coming into their own as young adults. If Thomas had any sense, he would have made Kathryn take a college class or two while caring for Kensie

That's what she "should" have been doing, but she picked being on a reality show, sleeping with cast members, getting pregnant by one of them, and hoping he'd be the answer to her prayers of a luxury life with everything she wanted. And yes, she's young, but Thomas couldn't make her do anything at that point. That became crystal clear when she opted for staying in town and partying. 

I totally agree with you that neither of them has a clue about self-awareness, they both need heavy-duty therapy.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

That's what she "should" have been doing, but she picked being on a reality show, sleeping with cast members, getting pregnant by one of them, and hoping he'd be the answer to her prayers of a luxury life with everything she wanted. And yes, she's young, but Thomas couldn't make her do anything at that point. That became crystal clear when she opted for staying in town and partying. 

I totally agree with you that neither of them has a clue about self-awareness, they both need heavy-duty therapy.

As a bit of a defense for all of them, being on a reality show is this weird universe warping experience. Many people have a hard time finding their way back to normal. Right as I was starting law school, one of my classmates got cast on a reality show that would be The Joe Schmo Show. We told him to defer his start date and be on this reality show that sounded like Big Brother. After filming he was in this weird sequestered world where he couldn't tell anyone anything about the show until it began airing. Afterwards he had tons of appearances to do. It took him quite a number of years to get his head straight.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Maybe if he had proposed before Kensie was born...  He made promises he backed out of. Thomas made several big mistakes and he was old enough to know better. So immature

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RedHawk said:

Maybe if he had proposed before Kensie was born...  He made promises he backed out of. Thomas made several big mistakes and he was old enough to know better. So immature

He backed out of marrying BevCart Girl at the last minute, and I think that affected him a great deal and ruined any decisions he made afterward. He knew marrying Kathryn was a huge mistake, and I guess he figured he'd be able to be a part of his children's lives.

• Love 1

As far as Kathryn having family support to help her with the children, her mother has cancer and her father has been barred from being alone with the children, from what I've read. Apparently, she has no family support which must be very hard for her as she struggles with her addictions and trying to gain visitation with her children. This is just so sad all the way around. I could just slap the holy crap out of Thomas and Kathryn for having two innocent babies and putting them through this. They had no right to do this but we see it all of the time. Makes me insane!

• Love 12
15 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Fall in line? 

What? Lol?

Her family's financial situation? Is it 1900?

He liked Katherine in part because she is feisty and of course is very pretty, at his age he knows that you can't change people.

At times, Thomas (besides being a misogynistic man) comes across as a bit delusional and even naive.  

When he gets mad that his friends are not loyal and he feels betrayed, he responds the same way as my highschool son. Dude needs to grow up already. 

Folks  mention that being a Ravenel is a big deal down there, perhaps it is time for Thomas to raise to honor his fabled family name.

His poor sisters, I can't imagine watching my moronic brother on Tv.

9 hours ago, Gam2 said:

As far as Kathryn having family support to help her with the children, her mother has cancer and her father has been barred from being alone with the children, from what I've read. Apparently, she has no family support which must be very hard for her as she struggles with her addictions and trying to gain visitation with her children. This is just so sad all the way around. I could just slap the holy crap out of Thomas and Kathryn for having two innocent babies and putting them through this. They had no right to do this but we see it all of the time. Makes me insane!

What is going on with the father?

• Love 2

The judge barred him from being unsupervised with his grandchildren due to some type of mental issues. The man also has a temper.

Referring back to where I said "fall in line" that is how Thomas thinks. He got mad when dinner wasn't ready when he got home that time, remember? He expects his wife/woman/whatever to serve him. He's living in the past, and since it didn't work for his father, he should probably wake up and realize it won't work for him either. The statements he made to JD about how a woman should feel privileged to be with him is more of his way of thinking about women.

From what I understand about the Ravenel family, they are revered and well thought of. Except Thomas. He's the embarrassing black sheep. 

• Love 3