Type keyword(s) to search

Jana and Stephen: Slow and Steady Gets the Best Wedding

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Is Everyone Gone said:

I could actually see Jana working a 9-5 job while married. She spent so much of her life working (not just taking care of the little Duggars, but being that fixer-upper for her entire family), that she's become super industrious and organized.

But I could also see her getting pregnant immediately; if she's planning on ever having kids, she'll have to start soon. I do believe that 35 is considered a geriatric pregnancy. 

And, if she can get 500 wedding guests to keep a secret, then I wouldn't be shocked if we find out after the fact that she's had a baby. Stay tuned for the surprise People spread in 9 months!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

How are they putting the primary bathroom there? Can Stephen do real residential house plumbing? Because if I'm seeing it right this bathroom is on the opposite end of the two existing bathrooms and the kitchen, so no where near any existing plumbing.

That's a lot of expensive work.

I just hope they pulled all the permits needed for these renovations and are prepared for the increased tax evaluations that will result. I also live in Nebraska and we have some of the highest property taxes, and with that insurance rates in the country. While their house is not located in one of the more desirable parts of the city, it is still in their best interest that all the technical work is done by professionals and not the “Duggar-way”.

Edited by Dr. Harleen
  • Like 1
  • Useful 8
4 hours ago, js9548 said:

About how far is Jana and Stephen's new house in Nebraska from the Duggar compound in Arkansas?

About a 6ish hour drive.

If Jana wants to make money renovating homes, it will never be a TV show. Beyond the tarnished Duggar name, Jana still operates on Duggar time. Also her brothers have always been around to do the heavy lifting.

I do think Jana could have successful reno/garden/farm YouTube channel though.

• Like 10
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

About a 6ish hour drive.

If Jana wants to make money renovating homes, it will never be a TV show. Beyond the tarnished Duggar name, Jana still operates on Duggar time. Also her brothers have always been around to do the heavy lifting.

I do think Jana could have successful reno/garden/farm YouTube channel though.

Yeah I think a YouTube channel is a more realistic goal for her than getting a show on a network. Whether or not she'd have the ability or interest in devoting the time to doing it properly, I don't know. But it wouldn't be hard to generate better content than her sisters. LOL 

• Like 7
  • LOL 8

One thing that stood out to me was that according to her, she and her sisters were staying n the guest room with Stephen there.  I'm surprised JB went for that.  They sure have come a long way from when they freaked out over Jill front hugging Derick at the airport before they were engaged.  

Given all of this, I suspect this engagement was in the works long before the official photos were taken.  They weren't doing all this reno work while Jana was planning a wedding in two months.

• Like 13
34 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

One thing that stood out to me was that according to her, she and her sisters were staying n the guest room with Stephen there.  I'm surprised JB went for that.  They sure have come a long way from when they freaked out over Jill front hugging Derick at the airport before they were engaged.  

Given all of this, I suspect this engagement was in the works long before the official photos were taken.  They weren't doing all this reno work while Jana was planning a wedding in two months.

Nah, Stephen bought the house last year. He may have already been back together with Jana then. I agree that this didn't just start in June. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 4

She looked great in everyone. She could’ve worn any style. Glad she found one she liked. I also liked the loaner shoes. 
Pleasantly surprised by the lack of modesty talk. Some of the dresses would’ve gotten a side-eye by the Duggars a while back. I also wondered where Michelle was. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I also wondered where Michelle was. 

Maybe Michelle didn't necessarily want to visit the venue, but she ended up missing out on the gown purchase, which came during a spur-of-the-moment shopping trip to the bridal shop after the venue tour.  Maybe they face-timed with her to show her the dress.

• Like 5

It looked like there were more people at the venue. I thought I spotted one of the younger girls. I like that Jana knew what she wanted and just went for it. The dress try on did make me wonder how much of the modesty talk was for the show. 

• Like 6

I noticed that at one point, Jana said, "I kind of like the off-white, but would it go with everything else?"  and Joy answered, "With the champagne, yeah."  I know there have been times on Say Yes to the Dress when a parent, for religious reasons, refuses to approve any dress that's not pure white.  So you go, Jana.   

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I was shocked that Jessa approved the dress. I remember what a fit she had when her SIL Jessica tried on similar dresses for her first wedding. 

That was for a TV show and Jessa had to prove how modest she was.  Now that they don't have a TV and it wasn't filmed for another show, the modesty standards are no longer as important.  

• Like 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

That was for a TV show and Jessa had to prove how modest she was.  Now that they don't have a TV and it wasn't filmed for another show, the modesty standards are no longer as important.  

I think that is some of it.  However I also think that the underage girls  and Michelle are still following  all the modest/ no pants rules.   So I don’t think JB and Michelle have relaxed their rules.  They just don’t have control of the married daughters.  Those women have realized  that pants/modest shorts do come in female sizes and  shapes and are  therefore acceptable as women’s clothing.  Jana is in her 30s and I think she also  put her foot down and told her parents she was an adult - the court sure treated her as one during her experience there.

watching daddy find out he didn’t make the rules at Josh’s trial played a part too.  It also made them realize that covering every bit of skin didn’t make Josh behave or that showing your collarbone doesn’t make decent men misbehave  either. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 15
  • Love 1

She looked good in every dress she tried.  I'm glad she got the one she truly wanted and the salon helped with adjusting the top so that it worked for her.  I thought the venue was really nice too.  My only issue was the bride's area didn't look as comfortable as the groom's area.  Maybe a TV and some of the other amenities are something women want too.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I think that is some of it.  However I also think that the underage girls  and Michelle are still following  all the modest/ no pants rules.   So I don’t think JB and Michelle have relaxed their rules.  They just don’t have control of the married daughters.  Those women have realized  that pants/modest shorts do come in female sizes and  shapes and are  therefore acceptable as women’s clothing.  Jana is in her 30s and I think she also  put her foot down and told her parents she was an adult - the court sure treated her as one during her experience there.

watching daddy find out he didn’t make the rules at Josh’s trial played a part too.  It also made them realize that covering every bit of skin didn’t make Josh behave or that showing your collarbone doesn’t make decent men misbehave  either. 

I think the older already married sisters started making their own rules once they left the house and felt comfortable. Jinger pretty much adapted like the day after she got married, Jill and Joy over years, and Jessa much longer after.  Jeremy and Derick's moms are both pant wearing educated women who obviously a) raised men who met their religious standards and b) didn't burst into flames by wearing pants or having minds of their own. Ben's family, while maybe not full on Duggar levels, is the closest to what Jessa knew. Plus, Jessa seemed to be bucking for the show to be brought back in its old form for the longest out of all the sisters. Rumor had it Jinger and Jeremy wanted their own show, key word being OWN, not family. So while Jessa might have been mentioned, she wouldn't have been the focus

Meanwhile Jana kept growing closer to Abby, another educated,  pant wearing woman, while she was stuck in the family house, raising the howlers who were left and the lost girls, while her Prince Charming was no where in sight. Jana out of all of them did everything right according to her world, but it wasn't getting her anywhere. When Jana seemingly took the responsibility of a lost M kid, I think she put her foot down and said  her version of "Fuck It!"" and decided to live her own life, got her tiny house,  and made her own path.

• Like 12
On 9/7/2024 at 11:37 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

I was shocked that Jessa approved the dress. I remember what a fit she had when her SIL Jessica tried on similar dresses for her first wedding. 

Jessa didn't throw a fit, it was a couple of Jessica's relatives who did. The most critical thing Jessa said was something like, "Yeah, it's kind of low" about one of the dresses when the bride asked for opinions. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

Jana's latest video--update on her fixer upper.  Wow, there was a tremendous amount of work to do:

I enjoyed the video. I think a definite fundy lesson is to, contrary to what they say, wait to get married. JD and Abbie and Jana and Steven (seemingly) are proof of that. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Apples and oranges. Jana is doing a remodel on her honey's own home. Jason was "building" for the market. 

Very true, but there are plenty of followers who might call attention to what a Duggar is doing to the powers that be. I hope they pulled all the proper permits for the plumbing and wiring.

I mean Jinger couldn't sell a donut with followers outing her as a hateful Fundy. But then again maybe Jana is on the "good Duggar" list like Jill.

• Like 4