Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: End of the Beginning

• Start Topic

AAAABVrDUWthv-qiK8aCqtsUbcJoiw3EGZ63JFJ2

(Series Finale)

With Ben and Jennifer in peril and the Cleanse underway, the family unites for one last fight to save the world — and end the infinite devastation.

Premiere Date: August 8, 2024   Netflix  

Would someone please explain to me how letting Ben/Jen kill them all is going to reset the timeline? The sparkly marigolds still show up in the park to change any fetuses exposed to them, so doesn't that start the cycle all over again anyway?

• Like 7
(edited)

This season was wild and so totally bonkers. Luther goes from desperately searching for Sloan to stripping, Lila and Five have a bonkers storyline that was super crammed in, Viktor is the only one who cares about Ben and everyone else is having Christmas dinner. It so weirdly had flavors of what's worked before but in all the wrong places. It kind of felt like it should be second season filler episodes that set everything up for the finale?

Like, I really wanted Ben to have a main storyline, but not like this.

Edited by Kate47
  • Like 7
On 8/8/2024 at 2:29 PM, NeenerNeener said:

Would someone please explain to me how letting Ben/Jen kill them all is going to reset the timeline? The sparkly marigolds still show up in the park to change any fetuses exposed to them, so doesn't that start the cycle all over again anyway?

I didn't see any sparkly marigolds in the park -- I saw bubbles, but nothing like the marigold. As far as I can tell, the marigold is removed from the multi-verse and that's the reset.

What I am not clear on is why their kids weren't erased. If the siblings never existed in the new timeline, then neither did their kids. Is that why they were sent into the magic subway, to (hopefully) protect them from the effects of the reset? I suppose that makes sense.

• Like 9

Yeah. I think being in the subway meant they were outside of time. Though if there is only one timeline now, would the subway still exist?

Personally, I thought the idea of spending the rest of your life in a subway with the same handful of relatives was really sad and not a happy ending for those kids. 

• Like 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, snarktini said:

I didn't see any sparkly marigolds in the park -- I saw bubbles, but nothing like the marigold. As far as I can tell, the marigold is removed from the multi-verse and that's the reset.

What I am not clear on is why their kids weren't erased. If the siblings never existed in the new timeline, then neither did their kids. Is that why they were sent into the magic subway, to (hopefully) protect them from the effects of the reset? I suppose that makes sense.

The marigolds don't show up until a very late post-credits scene. I would have missed it too if I hadn't been otherwise engaged while the credits ran. Not a fan of this final season - disjointed and way too much repetitiveness for a 6 episode run, especially in the last two eps.

Edited by giovannif7
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1

For me the season started off well, but by episode 3 I felt we were once again headed back to the same territory. I did not like season 5 or this final season. I am sort of glad it is over.

• Like 1

I didn't realize there were only six episodes until this one ended! Shit. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Wiping out all the main characters feels sort of like how Dark ended. I wonder if they took inspiration from that show. Dark did it better though. 

It definitely felt like they crammed way too much story into these six episodes, like they had a plan for 10, the number of episodes got cut and they tried to cram as much of the 10 episode season as they could into six.

Lots of unanswered questions, like what happened to the second Ben we saw in the closing credits of the Season 3 finale? Why did Ray leave Allison and Claire? Was the actor simply not available, or was there more story there they didn't have time for? Did Luther try to find Sloane? 

I did think it was kind of cool to see some of the old characters at the end, like Hazel and Agnes and the Handler. I'm just not sure it made a lot of sense, so that makes it less satisfying. 

• Like 7
21 hours ago, giovannif7 said:

The marigolds don't show up until a very late post-credits scene. I would have missed it too if I hadn't been otherwise engaged while the credits ran.

Ah! I forget about credit extras often. In that case my guess is that was an easter egg was meant to cast ambiguity, a final twist. They thought this would reset things, and it seemingly did. Except maybe it didn't...

Now that I type that out it feels like a cheat because it would, conveniently for Netflix, leave a back door for future spin-offs or sequels despite their saying this is the final season.

• Like 6

The more I think about it, the less the whole concept makes sense. It was Abigail who invented the marigold, and Reginald brought it from his home planet then released it and it created all the Umbrella kids, right? Did that, in itself, create multiple timelines? Why? 

Then it turns out Abigail also created an anti-marigold element which created Jennifer? And if the two elements touch it wipes out all the timelines except the "true" one? When did Abigail invent that element? She died on her home planet, Reginald stored her on the dark side of the moon, and she didn't show up again until the universe "re-set" at the end of Season 3. At which point Jennifer would have already been born. WTF.

17 hours ago, grawlix said:

Can someone tell me when the Umbrella siblings found out Marigold was what gave them their powers?

They never showed that happening either. 

I think the writers toyed around with multiverse concepts without really caring if they made sense or not - or maybe not even really understanding them. They just thought things like the subway sounded "cool" and that was good enough for them. 

The whole subplot with Five and Lila was kind of pointless too because it never really went anywhere since they all ended up dying anyway.

• Like 7

The Highlight of the season were clearly Nick Offerman and Megan Mullally. It's been too long since the two of them have been in something together. Sad that we didn't get more of them here, but every scene with them was gold.

I was extremely disappointed by the Klaus storyline. I love the character, but the writers haven't given him anything good since season 1. So it's not that I would have liked for his storyline to be cut, but just be something better.

What really worked well was the Five and Lila storyline. No notes here.

The ending of course made no sense. First, there were a bunch more kids born from the Marigold, the members of the umbrella academy were just the ones Hargreves managed to adopt. We were told that in the first season, got it reiterated last season and even this season there were hints towards that fact in the other timelines. Even if that wasn't the case, why would it be enough for the umbrellas in this timeline to merge with the Durango? Wouldn't every piece of Marigold in every timeline have to merge with Durango to fix things?

Overall it was fun, but a steady decline after the first season.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 8/10/2024 at 1:06 PM, Kate47 said:

This season was wild and so totally bonkers. Luther goes from desperately searching for Sloan to stripping

Guess Luther, the writers and me totally forgot about her.

3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Then it turns out Abigail also created an anti-marigold element which created Jennifer? And if the two elements touch it wipes out all the timelines except the "true" one? When did Abigail invent that element? She died on her home planet, Reginald stored her on the dark side of the moon, and she didn't show up again until the universe "re-set" at the end of Season 3. At which point Jennifer would have already been born. WTF.

The Durango was created when she created the Marigold, as a byproduct. I think it's an allusion to how matter and antimatter were created in (amlost) equal parts in the early universe. The two merging also wiped out their home planet. I guess it only resets timelines when all of the Marigold and Durango annihilate each other and there was clearly still a lot left.

Of course like I said before, that means the ending doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

Did we ever find out why Jennifer popped out of a giant squid? Or was the connection supposed to be that Reginald put her in there, and that's why the mission where Ben died happened on the same day she appeared in the other timeline (that would still leave the question of where/how she lived until then, and why she can't remember)?

• Like 1

I’m so sad. I accidentally saw a spoiler about the end, and the love triangle, but I was hoping they didn’t really cease to exist.  And the kids don’t have their marigold, because 2019 was a reset?

• Like 1
(edited)
On 8/11/2024 at 1:27 AM, KristenR said:

Personally, I thought the idea of spending the rest of your life in a subway with the same handful of relatives was really sad and not a happy ending for those kids. 

Although they couldn't have know for sure, that didn't happen.  (And if it had, they would have starved, because I don't think they would know how to catch and cook subway rats.) Once the timeline reset, Claire, Grace, the twins and Lila's family were in the park, conveniently the same park as Hazel, Agnes, The Handler, etc.

On 8/10/2024 at 5:17 PM, snarktini said:

Yeah, that's the only way that could happen.

On 8/12/2024 at 3:29 PM, PurpleTentacle said:

First, there were a bunch more kids born from the Marigold, the members of the umbrella academy were just the ones Hargreaves managed to adopt. We were told that in the first season, got it reiterated last season and even this season there were hints towards that fact in the other timelines. Even if that wasn't the case, why would it be enough for the umbrellas in this timeline to merge with the Durango? Wouldn't every piece of Marigold in every timeline have to merge with Durango to fix things?

Maybe the problem isn't the Marigold itself (although that's what they seemed to be saying) but the "children" who had actually utilized the Marigold after being trained by Hargreaves (and Viktor, who figured it out on his own.) That would imply that none of the other kids born that day had powers.  I do remember that in season 3 with the Sparrow Academy, there were fewer special babies born on the same day than in the original Umbrella Academy timeline.  Maybe the 8 of them + Jennifer were the only ones in this final timeline?  (After all, Sloane never showed up.) However, I also think there was some Marigold left in the jar after they dosed Klaus, so who knows.

Question: when this timeline was created at the end of season 3, and all the Umbrella members, plus Lila were sent there, why wasn't the Hargreaves from that timeline also sent there?  Why was it a completely different Hargreaves? Wouldn't he have wanted to be with his resurrected wife?  If not, what was in it for him?  The knowledge that his wife would be alive and a version of him would get to enjoy her company?  How magnanimous of him!

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 2
(edited)

Jut noticed that Grace (Mom) appears to be a real mother with a baby carriage in the park, although she's not mentioned in the list of cameos at the end of this article: https://www.escapistmagazine.com/the-umbrella-academy-season-4-ending-explained/ 

And now I just realized that Diego named his oldest child Grace after "Mom".

And here's another list of cameos:  https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/film-tv/g61827352/the-umbrella-academy-season-4-cameo-cast-return/

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Question: when this timeline was created at the end of season 3, and all the Umbrella members, plus Lila were sent there, why wasn't the Hargreaves from that timeline also sent there? 

Allison killed Hargreeves in the S3 finale, right before pushing the big red button. Problem is - the button was supposed to "reset" the universe, according to Hargreeves. Instead it just sent them to yet another timeline.

I guess it's possible Hargreeves didn't really understand what it did or how it worked, but he's the one who built the hotel to access the portal he discovered. On the other hand it's possible the writers just kept changing their minds about what was going on.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Allison killed Hargreeves in the S3 finale, right before pushing the big red button. Problem is - the button was supposed to "reset" the universe, according to Hargreeves. Instead it just sent them to yet another timeline.

I guess it's possible Hargreeves didn't really understand what it did or how it worked, but he's the one who built the hotel to access the portal he discovered. On the other hand it's possible the writers just kept changing their minds about what was going on.

So by Loki logic, the birth of the children was a Nexus event, resulting in divergent timelines, and the Cleanse reset everything to the "Sacred" timeline?

• Like 1

I wonder who Claire thinks her parents are. (Where was her actual dad, anyway?  Was part of Allison's deal with Hargreaves at the end of season 3 that he cease to exist?)

And where does Lila's family think the 3 kids came from?

Perhaps being on the subway during the Cleanse preserved all their memories as well as the children's very existence.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Perhaps being on the subway during the Cleanse preserved all their memories as well as the children's very existence.

Maybe, but I wouldn't expect them to be dancing around all jolly and joyful at the end knowing their parents/family had been wiped out of existence.

• Like 5

That certainly was...an ending I guess. A pretty definitive ending considering all of the main characters have been erased from existence, which I guess is supposed to be a bittersweet ending, but it all just left a really nasty taste in my mouth. This season was a total mess, which could be blamed on the short season or budget issues, but that doesn't explain the bad writing, the many unanswered questions, the nonsensical pacing, and the depressing as hell ending. It seems like they were told early on that they only had six episodes and they seemed fine with it, so they could have easily created a tighter story to wrap things up, but they apparently choose not to. 

I have so many questions that will now never be answered. Where did Sloan go and when did Luther give up looking for her? Why did Ray walk out on Allison and Claire? A few lines couldn't have cleared that up more if they couldn't bring the actors back due to budget issues? What happened to Allison's first husband, Claire's original father? How do the kids still exist if their parents were never born? Why was there a magical time traveling subway that kept their families alive? Why did Ben's ghost never tell Klaus how he died? Why was Grace a human in the new timeline? Why was Jennifer in a squid when she was six and where was she before that? Why did Abigail need to destroy the world via Cleansing to undue everything Sir Reggie did? Why did they even make them aliens when they never did anything with it or explained what happened to their home world or how they ended up on Earth? Where was Pogo this season? Why was so much time spent on the sudden romances between Five and Lila and Ben and Jennifer (someone we just met) when we had so little time to spend dealing with the siblings various issues and these questions about the shows mythology? Why did Luther become a monkey man again when he got his powers back when his original power was just super strength? Why did they keep making jokes about Diego being fat when he's clearly just as cut as ever? Why did Ben and Jennifer being together turn them into a world ending monster? What happened to the other kids that Reggie never found that were born the same way as the Hargreeves and Lila? Wouldn't they need to be erased too for this to work? Why did I clearly put more thought into this than than the writers did? 

What a miserable ending, killing off all of our heroes seems so mean and unearned. We spend four seasons watching the Hargreeves suffer through an abusive childhood, try to reconnect with each other and deal with their massive unpacked trauma, get through various new traumas as they try to bumble their ways into doing the right thing as they keep messing up, than it turns out that their very existence was wrong all along and their only destiny was to be wiped from existence in one final painful tragic death. What a miserable existence they had, and what a final message to the audience. If you were abused as a child and that led to long term mental health issues, it turns out that the world really is better off without you and the best thing you can do is die. If they had to die, they could have made it feel less depressing, like having Victor play the violin one last time as they died or have them dance to I Think We're Alone Now again, together now, as they faced the end, or explain more about why this needed to happen. You would think the answer would be going back to stop Reggie from adopting the kids in the first place or changing the timeline so that they never got powers, then we could end with them all separated but living normal happy lives, but instead we watch our heroes get wiped from reality heartbroken and in pain while we watch the villains from previous seasons have happy ending and the closest we get to closure for the Hargreeves is a post credit scene where flowers grow. It makes this whole show just a big meaningless waste of time.

The season had some good moments and ideas, but it was overall a big disappointment.

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
On 8/16/2024 at 10:45 AM, tennisgurl said:

Why did they even make them aliens when they never did anything with it or explained what happened to their home world or how they ended up on Earth?

I think I know this one if I got the gist of what they were saying. Abigail creating the marigold and the anti-marigold (keep forgetting what that was called) is what destroyed their world and made her sick. Reggie took a jar of the marigold to earth - presumably the nearest planet he could survive on - and released the marigold in the atmosphere which created the super kids. 

Here's the inconsistent part: in Season 2 Reginald took off his human face mask and we saw his fish head from the back. In Season 3, Alison sliced open his head and he looked like a robot. In Season 4 there was no reference to either him or Abigail being fishheads or robots.

On 8/16/2024 at 10:45 AM, tennisgurl said:

What happened to the other kids that Reggie never found that were born the same way as the Hargreeves and Lila? Wouldn't they need to be erased too for this to work?

I don't think any of them exist in Season 4 reality. The Umbrella kids were transported to this world through some kind of doorway at the end of Season 3. Presumably this was supposed to be the "perfect" world where the super kids were never created, but because the Umbrella kids were brought here they once again endangered that reality.

I got nothin' the rest of your questions, except that would explain why there's no Sloan. I still don't understand why the Umbrella kids were transported to this reality.

• Like 2

@tennisgurl I love your entire post, and I have -0- answers the questions you posed.  In fact, I have more questions...

I posted this in an earlier thread... why didn't any of the UA recognize Hargreaves mansion from the earlier timelines?   They kept all their other memories. 

Lila's whole family went into the magical subway so the kids would survive into the next timeline.  Wouldn't the parents/grandparents be duplicates in that timeline, though?  Because they already existed, so they should have existed in the new/final timeline whether or not they were in the subway.

What was the endgame of the Cleanse people?  Did they just want to be told they weren't crazy, and yes, multiple timelines exist and are bleeding through?  Or did they want to do something about it?  Did they know Jennifer + Ben = world obliteration?  Is that what they were going for?  Trying to prevent?

Why were all the timelines Five & Lila got to through the magic subway all apocalypses? 

Why did Hargreaves go through all the trouble of creating a separate town for Jennifer, just to keep an eye on her?  Why not just kill her?  Or lock her up in a facility? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
(edited)
On 8/18/2024 at 5:22 PM, chaifan said:

What was the endgame of the Cleanse people?  Did they just want to be told they weren't crazy, and yes, multiple timelines exist and are bleeding through?  Or did they want to do something about it?  Did they know Jennifer + Ben = world obliteration?  Is that what they were going for?  Trying to prevent?

Definitely going for it.  Jean and Gene were community college professors in this timeline. In the Umbrella timeline, Jean supposedly taught at Harvard and Gene was a MacArthur Fellow. They were hoping for the reset that actually happened. 

It would be interesting to know if they were indeed in this new timeline, although it may be that anyone who died before The Cleanse in that final timeline would now not exist.  (Gene was killed by Abigail, and Jean was shot by Abigail-as-Gene.) Otherwise, anyone who had died in the past 6 years, since the creation of this timeline but before The Cleanse), would also be revived. Jean and Gene really needed to stay alive until The Cleanse.

Cell phones: This show would have had some differences if cell phones existed in seasons 1, 3 and 4 (season 2 was mostly in the 1960's, so not so much). Since the final scene showed the Handler using a cell phone, I suppose the creation of the Marigolds somehow prevented the development of this specific technology 9although in real life, their development began decades before the Hargreave children were born).

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 2
(edited)

Loved the finale. I don't know what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting THIS. Just perfect.

P.S. Wow just realized I'm pretty alone in this. For me, the ending gave meaning to everything that happened before. It always bothered me that the only thing they did was to save the world, again and again. But it turns out they were in a kind of loop, repeating themselves, only a little different with every new time-line. The only way to end the loop was to erase themselves, since they created it- well, Hargreaves did it, but they couldn't go to his world and erase him, so they were out of options.

I guess the ending made sense to me emotionally. I loved the romance between Five and Lila. I loved the scene with all the Fives, and that our Five was the only one who figured out the solution. I mean, Five was always my favorite, so the fact that he got to be happy for seven years, and then he was the one who solved this mess, was very satisfying to me. I don't care about the unanswered questions, because for me they are all blips created by the hundreds of different timelines.

I did love the ending. I'm going to watch it again now.

Edited by maddie965
  • Like 1
On 8/21/2024 at 5:57 PM, FishyJoe said:

Why was Alison's power changed and everyone else was nearly the same as before? 

All their powers were supposed to be a little different, because they drank the marigold (except Klaus, who had it poured into him). Hers was the most obvious, but Diego’s leaping spin to stop the bullets in the town fight and Five’s blinks to the timelines subway were also different. 

On 8/18/2024 at 2:22 PM, chaifan said:

Why were all the timelines Five & Lila got to through the magic subway all apocalypses? 

Any timeline while Marigold exists ends in apocalypse. The only way to stop it is to have Marigold cancelled out by Durango. 

On 8/11/2024 at 9:43 AM, iMonrey said:

Lots of unanswered questions, like what happened to the second Ben we saw in the closing credits of the Season 3 finale? Why did Ray leave Allison and Claire?

The Netflix website Tumdum had a story with these answers. The Ben at the end of s3 is this same Sparrow Ben, starting out on his plan to create a new cryptocurrency. And Ray never felt right in this timeline and left the family.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 8/22/2024 at 10:29 PM, maddie965 said:

Loved the finale. I don't know what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting THIS. Just perfect.

P.S. Wow just realized I'm pretty alone in this. For me, the ending gave meaning to everything that happened before. It always bothered me that the only thing they did was to save the world, again and again. But it turns out they were in a kind of loop, repeating themselves, only a little different with every new time-line. The only way to end the loop was to erase themselves, since they created it- well, Hargreaves did it, but they couldn't go to his world and erase him, so they were out of options.

I guess the ending made sense to me emotionally. I loved the romance between Five and Lila. I loved the scene with all the Fives, and that our Five was the only one who figured out the solution. I mean, Five was always my favorite, so the fact that he got to be happy for seven years, and then he was the one who solved this mess, was very satisfying to me. I don't care about the unanswered questions, because for me they are all blips created by the hundreds of different timelines.

I did love the ending. I'm going to watch it again now.

I loved the ending also and the whole season! I am sad that our heroes are gone, but they got to lead normal lives for years. I never liked Luther in the other seasons but loved him in this one! He was a hoot and much more with it intellectually. The other seasons he came across as too much of a dumbass and that annoyed me.

They all got to say the important things to each other at the end. Standing together hand and hand waiting for the Cleanse to overtake them was a good way to go. I am going to rewatch season one now!

• Love 1

I forget if it was in a specific episode, but I seem to recall it being a kind or thru-line thru S04 of Klaus writing/drawing on his palms to replicate his tattoos from previous seasons/timelines.  Thought that was a nice touch.

• Like 1
On 8/16/2024 at 11:45 AM, tennisgurl said:

That certainly was...an ending I guess. A pretty definitive ending considering all of the main characters have been erased from existence, which I guess is supposed to be a bittersweet ending, but it all just left a really nasty taste in my mouth. This season was a total mess, which could be blamed on the short season or budget issues, but that doesn't explain the bad writing, the many unanswered questions, the nonsensical pacing, and the depressing as hell ending. It seems like they were told early on that they only had six episodes and they seemed fine with it, so they could have easily created a tighter story to wrap things up, but they apparently choose not to. 

I have so many questions that will now never be answered. Where did Sloan go and when did Luther give up looking for her? Why did Ray walk out on Allison and Claire? A few lines couldn't have cleared that up more if they couldn't bring the actors back due to budget issues? What happened to Allison's first husband, Claire's original father? How do the kids still exist if their parents were never born? Why was there a magical time traveling subway that kept their families alive? Why did Ben's ghost never tell Klaus how he died? Why was Grace a human in the new timeline? Why was Jennifer in a squid when she was six and where was she before that? Why did Abigail need to destroy the world via Cleansing to undue everything Sir Reggie did? Why did they even make them aliens when they never did anything with it or explained what happened to their home world or how they ended up on Earth? Where was Pogo this season? Why was so much time spent on the sudden romances between Five and Lila and Ben and Jennifer (someone we just met) when we had so little time to spend dealing with the siblings various issues and these questions about the shows mythology? Why did Luther become a monkey man again when he got his powers back when his original power was just super strength? Why did they keep making jokes about Diego being fat when he's clearly just as cut as ever? Why did Ben and Jennifer being together turn them into a world ending monster? What happened to the other kids that Reggie never found that were born the same way as the Hargreeves and Lila? Wouldn't they need to be erased too for this to work? Why did I clearly put more thought into this than than the writers did? 

What a miserable ending, killing off all of our heroes seems so mean and unearned. We spend four seasons watching the Hargreeves suffer through an abusive childhood, try to reconnect with each other and deal with their massive unpacked trauma, get through various new traumas as they try to bumble their ways into doing the right thing as they keep messing up, than it turns out that their very existence was wrong all along and their only destiny was to be wiped from existence in one final painful tragic death. What a miserable existence they had, and what a final message to the audience. If you were abused as a child and that led to long term mental health issues, it turns out that the world really is better off without you and the best thing you can do is die. If they had to die, they could have made it feel less depressing, like having Victor play the violin one last time as they died or have them dance to I Think We're Alone Now again, together now, as they faced the end, or explain more about why this needed to happen. You would think the answer would be going back to stop Reggie from adopting the kids in the first place or changing the timeline so that they never got powers, then we could end with them all separated but living normal happy lives, but instead we watch our heroes get wiped from reality heartbroken and in pain while we watch the villains from previous seasons have happy ending and the closest we get to closure for the Hargreeves is a post credit scene where flowers grow. It makes this whole show just a big meaningless waste of time.

The season had some good moments and ideas, but it was overall a big disappointment.

I couldn't decide which reaction to give this because you nailed it! 

On 8/22/2024 at 11:29 PM, maddie965 said:

I loved the scene with all the Fives, and that our Five was the only one who figured out the solution. I mean, Five was always my favorite, so the fact that he got to be happy for seven years,

Five is my favorite too, but I felt the romance with Lila undermined him and his journey. I thought it was sad that to be happy Five's romantic partners were a mannequin and his sister-in-law, basically "I have no other choice" but them.

Also nothing was resolved with the triangle, which I guess doesn't matter if they all are dying. Like did Lila really not have feelings for Five (which again is super sad for Five) at all, or was she totally out of love with Diego and her and Five would be a thing.

I just don't really like the choice of going down a romance road with Five and Lila, I feel like it would have been better to keep it as a friendship.

The writing was just not good enough for the short episode count this season. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I... didn't hate the ending? Maybe going in with very low expectations helped.

But yeah, the whole season leading up to the ending was disappointing. Seasons 1 and 2 had their issues with plotting and pacing, but all the awesome character moments made for enjoyable viewing. Seasons 3 and 4, the writing was just terrible all around, and the plotting and pacing devolved even more.