Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Residente O Visitante

• Start Topic

TUESDAY, MAY 14, 8:00-9:00 p.m. EDT

To deepen his connection with his late mother, Will joins Antonio in Puerto Rico. Upon his return, he is quickly brought onto a case involving his uncle's old friend. Meanwhile, Faith and Ormewood investigate the mysterious death of a sex offender

spacer.png

Will wants to help his uncle discover the truth.

spacer.png

Antonio finds himself in hot water when the FBI gets involved.

spacer.png

Faith and Michael aren't happy about working together.

spacer.png

Faith isn't in the mood to play with Michael.

spacer.png

Will & Angie are making a sincere attempt to make this work.

spacer.png

Angie encourages Crystal to attend a group meeting.

Christy St. John as FBI Agent Kristen Murphy
J. Santiago Suarez as Javi
Diego Acevedo
Patricia Mauceri
Elisa de La Roche
Isaiah Stratton as Officer O'Hara

37 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

I am just glad that Will Trent’s uncle is so far a decent dude.

Any doubt about Antonio vanished when it turned out he was a Tribe fan.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

I am not sure why Georgia is the place that you go to to find out dirt about people who live/operate in Puerto Rico. That seemed extremely contrived. Maybe the FBI agent lady planted the evidence to lure Javi to Georgia to kill him, but it was stupid of her to use real evidence instead of planting some fake evidence. If the FBI lady is a hired killer for the real estate guy why does she live 100s of miles from where he is located?

I am not particularly fond of this episode. The GBI assistant was very skilled to be able to spill her drink on the FBI lady. Bugs are kind of heavy, the FBI lady should have noticed it when she was changing her clothes.

• Like 5

Javier’s murder case is a bit convoluted with some plot holes. While Jason’s murder case has not gained momentum yet.

But there are plenty of adorable moments that melt our hearts:

🔹 Will, Angie and Uncle Antonio singing/rapping along while on stakeout.

🔹 Amanda misses Will even though he’s been on his “endless vacation” for only 4 days.

🔹 Betty gives her squeaky burger toy to Uncle Antonio’s dog as a parting gift. Awww!

Our little fashionista‼️💙

39E4CB32-B97C-4C21-938D-597801994F29.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 13
(edited)

Good stuff:

Will found the flash drive because of tape sticking out. Uncle Antonio almost got it right when he looked at the PR flag. 

Dyslexia jokes. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 5

The show needed a reasonable reason to drop Uncle Antonio without looking like he was ghosting Will or visa versa.   So the “I think I’ll go home now but let’s make a point to see each other.” is a reasonable enough way to keep the character on the shelf if he is ever needed again but without the annoying “where is Uncle Antonio” if he never actually appears on screen again.  

• Like 16
  • Applause 2

They still didn't give a reasonable explanation of why Uncle Antonio didn't take baby Will home with him instead of letting him grow up in foster care.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I'm really glad that Uncle Antonio didn't turn out to be a bad guys or die, as even Will noted, everyone he meets lately seems to come to a bad end. I'll miss him coming around, Will really needs more people in his support network and he's a fun character, I'm glad he left on good terms with Will and that they will make it a point to keep seeing each other. 

The main case was a little bit confusing, it felt sort of half finished by the end, but it seemed like mostly a reason to get to know Uncle Antonio more and for Will to learn more about his heritage and biological family. 

Will, Angie, and Antonio singing together in the car was adorable, almost as adorable as Betty in her many stylish outfits. She even made a friend! 

Faith and Ormewood doing a reluctant odd couple investigation with their usual partners gone was fun, and it looks like their case is just getting started. 

• Like 7

The word Boricua comes from Borinquen or Borikén, the name given to the Island by indigenous Taínos who inhabited Puerto Rico for hundreds of years before the Spanish arrived in 1493. I looked it up here so I'm posting this for anyone else who is less familiar with the word.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
6 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

They still didn't give a reasonable explanation of why Uncle Antonio didn't take baby Will home with him instead of letting him grow up in foster care.

Did he even know she had a baby when she was killed?

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

But there are plenty of adorable moments that melt our hearts:

🔹 Will, Angie and Uncle Antonio singing/rapping along while on stakeout.

🔹 Amanda misses Will even though he’s been on his “endless vacation” for only 4 days.

🔹 Betty gives her squeaky burger toy to Uncle Antonio’s dog as a parting gift. Awww!

Our little fashionista‼️💙

39E4CB32-B97C-4C21-938D-597801994F29.jpeg

I have to admit I've never before heard that song they were singing, but it was cute.

So funny that those two pics of Betty have her in the same pose. I gotta tell ya, thinking the ep was going to take place completely in Puerto Rico made me anxious about not seeing Betty.

I was glad to see the background for why Antonio's friends made that crack about police a few eps back. I'm also glad, as others are, that Antonio seems to be a good guy.

But frankly I wasn't really into this ep. I got a little confused when they were in Puerto Rico, then Javier -- Antonio's friend? -- was murdered back in Atlanta, and I couldn't figure out who went where and why.

The child molester story was actually a little bit more interesting to me, for some reason. And I'm interested in finding out who killed him.

Still not interested in Crystal. 

When Angie hit the concrete ground at the beginning... Wow, that sounded awful and like she was seriously hurt.

• Like 8
  • Wink 1
7 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Antonio said when they first met that he was younger than Will's mom and she ran away at 18. So he most likely would've still been a teen himself and unable to take custody, if he even knew she was pregnant. 

Adored the car scene, from them all rapping along to Tribe, to arguing about who would be better at questioning the rich guy's assistant, and then all 3 get out of the car. 

Also loved the women telling Will who he looked like and the different family members. I hope next season we get to meet some more and they're good people. 

I did chuckle at Angie teasing Will and Antonio about which one was gonna read lol. 

Ugh. Murder teen. Ugh. 

• Like 9

Am I the only one thinking that Crystal might be the one killing the sex offenders? 

1) Victim of sexual abuse. 
2) Admitted recently to going home with men she didn’t know. 
3) Her friend Angie is the only main character not involved in the case. Sets up nicely that she will notice a key piece of evidence linking Crystal to the crime just in time for the season finale. 
4) Character has been featured a lot in recent weeks for a recurring character. 

Or, maybe I’m totally off base. 

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 5
36 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Am I the only one thinking that Crystal might be the one killing the sex offenders? 

3) Her friend Angie is the only main character not involved in the case. Sets up nicely that she will notice a key piece of evidence linking Crystal to the crime just in time for the season finale. 

Right there with you.  

• Like 1

The main plot with the FBI and the Uncle and all the country hopping was over the top for me. Just so much going on the episode. I enjoyed the second case more. I’m glad it’s going to continue.

I love it when they mix up the pairings. It’s nice that even when the cases are weak the characters can still bring it. I liked that little side smile when Michael found out his kid put the bullies in the nurses station. 

Is Angie off the hot mess express? Please keep it so. 

• Like 6
(edited)

I’m also worried that Crystal is the serial killer by Will’s shocked face in the previews. It’s the only thing that makes sense to propel Angie’s likely using again next season. They have to throw a wrench in Angie and Will’s happiness every few episodes.

Cant believe it’s already finale time. We didn’t get enough of the crew this season! And Betty continues to get more adorable- I literally squealed when I saw her in the sweater that Will got from PR for her. She’s so stinking cute. 

Edited by twoods
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1

Doh. It never occurred to me that Crystal could be the killer. Makes sense. I think we all were wondering what the point of the Crystal storyline was. 

• Like 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, twoods said:

I’m also worried that Crystal is the serial killer by Will’s shocked face in the previews.

That was what made me think Crystal as well. It has to be someone he knows, so I was thinking Crystal, Pee Pee Percy, or Paul Campano, but the latter two seem unlikely. Percy just wants to work and maybe be friends with Will, and Paul is supposed to be a little bastardy but good at heart.

I got a little choked up when Antonio's dog sadly picked up the cheeseburger squeaky toy on his way out.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Like 5
16 hours ago, Bulldog said:

I thought that too, especially after seeing Will's shocked face in the promo, as someone else pointed out. But that girl seems dumb as a sack of hammers so I'm not sure she has the smarts to carry it off. I will hate it with the heat of a thousand fiery nuns if it's her and the young kid Angie is sponsoring, working together as some kind of avenging angels. Ugh. I want both of them thrown off a cliff. Just go away and let's all forget. 

Will's face in the preview could be something else entirely, right? RIGHT????

• Like 3

Same here.  Previews are spoilers as far as I'm concerned.  I'd rather not see them or hear about them.  (Apparently commenting on them is fair game here, though.)

I'm glad Antonio turned out to not be a bad guy, but he was really hard to read for most of the episode.  I couldn't tell whether Antonio was trying to keep things cagey and neutral or the actor wasn't very good at subtlety.

The jumping back from San Juan to Atlanta was weird and abrupt.  Javier was dead, and I wasn't sure for a minute where the heck they were.  The FBI tie-in was kind of a mess.  Oh well, she's gone now.

• Like 2

I avoid previews, also. I really don't want to hear what's in them. Don't we have a speculation with spoilers thread? If not, someone who likes that stuff should start one. Or speculate based on previews in the episode thread the previews are talking about.

1 hour ago, possibilities said:

...speculate based on previews in the episode thread the previews are talking about.

That's a good idea.  I don't mind previews, but I rarely watch them because there are commercials first and I'm deleting and moving onto my next recorded show.  For people that avoid them, that's a very good idea.

• Like 2

My totally unspoiled speculation on who the killer might be:

1. Nico - finally snapped because Will has never bought a cute Betty-style sweater for them;

2. Caroline - finally snapped after being called by the wrong name for so long;

3. Angie - totally faked the injury so she can continue her serial killing ways;

4. Ormewood's kid - what's his name?  Max?  Motive unknown, but possibly because his parents are Michael and Gina Ormewood;

5. Will's 12 year old self - he's not a hallucination/repressed memory, he's real; and

6. Amanda - realized it's not enough to frame rapists on drug charges, decided to kill them.

The only three clear of suspicion IMO:  Will, Faith, and Betty.

• LOL 9
On 5/15/2024 at 4:19 PM, peeayebee said:

So funny that those two pics of Betty have her in the same pose. I gotta tell ya, thinking the ep was going to take place completely in Puerto Rico made me anxious about not seeing Betty.

Betty (in Chihuahua-speak):  "Hey, producers, you know I'm carrying this show from time to time, and you fly me up from Florida every week to do my scenes.  Would it kill you to give a dog a bone and send me to Puerto Rico, even for a weekend?"

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Johannah said:

That's a good idea.  I don't mind previews, but I rarely watch them because there are commercials first and I'm deleting and moving onto my next recorded show.  For people that avoid them, that's a very good idea.

Or maybe we can have a thread just for previews. There might be people who want to talk about them but not get exposed to more in depth spoilers.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

I had a hard time following the two plots in this episode.  Haven't had this problem with other episodes so don't really understand why I struggled with this episode.  Maybe they were trying to cover too much story or develop too many stories?

I really, really do not want an Angie/Will couple.  I might have been ruined by the books, but he deserves better.

That said I really like the actor who plays Angie.

• Like 3

I'm done with this show.  No huge thing, it's just not keeping my attention.  Halfway through this episode I got distracted & never finished watching. 

And realized It really didn't matter to me.  

I read the books & while I can accept a LOT of differences, there are just too many here for it to still be such a dull show that has nobody or nothing I care about. 

Peace & thanks for the convos! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

I'm done with this show.  No huge thing, it's just not keeping my attention.  Halfway through this episode I got distracted & never finished watching. 

And realized It really didn't matter to me.  

I read the books & while I can accept a LOT of differences, there are just too many here for it to still be such a dull show that has nobody or nothing I care about. 

Peace & thanks for the convos! 

And I think it's the best drama on network TV - to each his own.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 5/16/2024 at 6:27 PM, Orbert said:

Same here.  Previews are spoilers as far as I'm concerned.  I'd rather not see them or hear about them.  (Apparently commenting on them is fair game here, though.)

My understanding, and someone can correct me on the policy if I'm wrong, is that anything that airs with the regular episode is fair game, which is why the previews are not considered spoilers. Hopefully a mod will read this can clarify the policy. 

• Like 2
On 5/29/2024 at 10:18 AM, Sarah 103 said:

My understanding, and someone can correct me on the policy if I'm wrong, is that anything that airs with the regular episode is fair game, which is why the previews are not considered spoilers. Hopefully a mod will read this can clarify the policy. 

As someone who participates in a variety of TV forum, previews are considered spoilers in 99.9% of them. A few will ban you if you post info from a spoiler.

Err on the side of caution. Put anything from a preview in spoiler tags.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Yeah some people have the energy and interest to look at "who's cooking" in some event seen in a preview (on Top Chef for example) and guessing who lasts pretty long in the competition. I've seen that treated as a spoiler, and even belonging in a special spoiler thread. 

Edited by dleighg