Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

To be fair, everything negative I've seen said about Chelsea has been said about the other moms, to much harsher degree. I personally think Leah and Chelsea are pretty comparable, especially intellectually and ambition wise. Leah is just hella' more trashy, mostly because the shit environment she was raised in.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Farmfam said:

With the risk of sounding completely ignorant and insensitive...what do the parents do with the baby after 2 weeks? All the daycares I looked into didn’t take infants under 6 weeks and they needed a doctors note clearing them to be healthy enough to attend. 

A family member, private nanny or in-home day care (licensed or unlicensed) takes care of the child. 

• Love 1

I have no issue with her choice to be a stay at home mom.  But she is also bringing in a shit ton of money that your actual stay at home mom who brings in a paycheck of $0.  She sold her kids privacy and innocence, for why?  IDK.  Cole has a job.  None of these girls have been able to give it up to protect their kids.  They all have public SM. Strangers and pedos are following them.  If Chelsea was so much above the rest she would quit.  So to that point she is at the same level as the others.  Money > kids.  She also lives in a somewhat “small” town.  It’s not doing Aubree any favors to be in the public image and have Adam’s business on TV.  Those kids at her school certainly talk. Cole is great, but Adam is her dad and the whole town knows it.

I also don’t think Watson is that cute.  There I said it.  And I hate his name.  So maybe that’s why I don’t adore him.   Sorry not sorry.

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I have no issue with her choice to be a stay at home mom.  But she is also bringing in a shit ton of money that your actual stay at home mom who brings in a paycheck of $0.  She sold her kids privacy and innocence, for why?  IDK.  Cole has a job.  None of these girls have been able to give it up to protect their kids.  They all have public SM. Strangers and pedos are following them.  If Chelsea was so much above the rest she would quit.  So to that point she is at the same level as the others.  Money > kids.  She also lives in a somewhat “small” town.  It’s not doing Aubree any favors to be in the public image and have Adam’s business on TV.  Those kids at her school certainly talk. Cole is great, but Adam is her dad and the whole town knows it.

Thank you! I have always felt it's dangerous for them to expose their young children so much. Strangers and (probably) pedos are following them on tv and social medial. Aubree is too old to continue this.

• Love 4
Just now, DangerousMinds said:

Thank you! I have always felt it's dangerous for them to expose their young children so much. Strangers and (probably) pedos are following them on tv and social medial. Aubree is too old to continue this.

This trafficking stuff freaks me the F out.  I am far from a celeb.  I have only friends and family on my SM  and as a mom it has me scared as hell.  

5 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

All these kids are too old for this.  You think the pedos don’t know where they go to school?  Not that hard to figure out.

• Love 3

At the end of the day, Chelsea has definitely figured out how to be cute AF. I think she's the cutest Teen Mom of all franchises by far. There is just something about that baby-voice talking South Dakota mom (mahm) that is so appealing, and I enjoy her pre, and post-Cole family more than the others. That said, I'm at a point of only wanting to see any of these ladies on "where are they now?" specials...except Jenelle. She should never be on camera again. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I also don’t think Watson is that cute.  There I said it.  And I hate his name.  So maybe that’s why I don’t adore him.   Sorry not sorry.

I agree that there is nothing wrong with her being a SAHM! People always say I have a problem with it, but if you've ever read my posts, I have tremendous respect for SAHM's...my mom was a great one, I hope to be one one day (though I still went to college and have been working, because it's not my only plan), and in fact, I genuinely wish everyone who wanted to be a SAHM could! I think it's the most important job in the world. The only reason I side the Chelsea AT ALL is because her plan seemed to be a SAHM the whole time, even when she was not in a relationship that would allow her to be. She might have thought adam would settle down and support her, but when that didn't happen, she needed to find another path. Randy tried his hardest, but she dragged her feet so much at every step of the way. If she had either stayed in high school and gotten on with her GED, and then gone right into hair or esthetician school without all the breaks and attendance / study issues, and then graduated and started working full-time as an esthetician, I think everyone on this board would be roundly applauding her. They didn't make much during the early seasons, and if she had gotten this done quickly and supported her daughter, I don't know a soul who would have criticized her. To me, that is the difference. I'm sure we would all love to be funded by someone else while we make progress as slowly as we want towards our goal, only putting in the work on the rare days we feel like it, but that's not how things work for 99% of us. 

I don't blame her for being kid-focused, per say. I remember thinking in the early years that if she had waited until 30 to have kids, she would have been an excellent housewife, but now she has to do what we all do at that age (finish high school and even go further) with a child. I did feel for her, but she was absolutely not in a position to stay home with Aubree all the years she did. You could tell Randy wasn't amused about how long it was taking, either, but he wasn't about to throw his daughter on the street. 

Also, anything people criticize Chelsea for these days (the clutter, clothes on the floor, etc) has to do with her specifically, not all SAHM's. If we say clothes all over the stairs are a hazard, or even just laugh because the cameras zoomed in on them or something, we're not slamming all SAHM's. Many of us, however, have been one or had one, and know it is possible to pick up basic things like that that are safety issues, no matter how busy you are. Sometimes people automatically assume we don't respect SAHM's because we criticize some aspect of Chelsea's life, when in reality, we are not criticizing anyone but chelsea!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I'll join you in the handbasket to hell because I don't either. He just looks like a run-of-the-mill toddler to me.

I think Chelsea stands out because she's the best of a shitty lot. Do I think she's a depraved, evil monster? No. Do I think she's spoiled and immature? Yes. I think she's a decent person who made a lot of bad choices in her teenage years and lucked into a lot of better opportunities (i.e., Teen Mom and Cole) in her 20s. 

I think Cole is a nice guy, but do I believe he would've been all over Chelsea if she was a struggling single Mom working part time at CVS and living in Section 8? Sorry, but no, I don't. I think they're genuinely in love but not exempt from being attracted to one another for superficial reasons. 

As far as working, if Chelsea wants to stay home, then that's her right, but the other girls have been judged harshly for not getting jobs, particularly Kail with her "degree." I think there's definitely a bit of a double standard between what's acceptable for Chelsea and what everyone else should be doing.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

As far as working, if Chelsea wants to stay home, then that's her right, but the other girls have been judged harshly for not getting jobs, particularly Kail with her "degree." I think there's definitely a bit of a double standard between what's acceptable for Chelsea and what everyone else should be doing.

I feel like I'd say "-ish."  Even the other "best" Teen Mom, Maci, will shout at Bentley from her hot-tub cocktail party for Bentley to change the baby's diaper.  Chelsea is very, very hands on...she's not in the bathtub smoking bongs, she's not on vacation every seven seconds, she's not jetting off to rehab.  It's what we have to work with here!!!

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Giving this some thought, and I think although you are kind of right, I think the reason that I feel it is different with Chelsea is because she has really embraced this role and it seems to be more of a path she has chosen, enjoys, and is really great with her kids.  With Kail, she has just done so many things to try to act like she has done so much and pretends she is so driven, but then doesn't really accomplish anything either way.  It is like she brags about her accomplishments but doesn't ever enter the real world.  Plus she brags about her money, spends it on stupid things, and doesn't really invest her time in her kids--is too focused on doing things for herself like travelling a million times a year, etc.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, alexa said:

Giving this some thought, and I think although you are kind of right, I think the reason that I feel it is different with Chelsea is because she has really embraced this role and it seems to be more of a path she has chosen, enjoys, and is really great with her kids.  With Kail, she has just done so many things to try to act like she has done so much and pretends she is so driven, but then doesn't really accomplish anything either way.  It is like she brags about her accomplishments but doesn't ever enter the real world.  Plus she brags about her money, spends it on stupid things, and doesn't really invest her time in her kids--is too focused on doing things for herself like travelling a million times a year, etc.

Very true. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, alexa said:

"Brags on her accomplishments without entering the real world"

i know this is Chelsea's thread, but a more accurate description of Kail has never existed!!!!!! That's what really annoys me about her!!! Being a "hustler" and hard worker is part of her brand, and I'm proud of her for (allegedly) graduating college. However, it irks me that she chose to have Lux to avoid getting a real job (and I feel we have evidence of this, because all she could talk about were her plans to work full-time until she had Lux, who is the most obvious trap baby ever). If she was really such a hard worker who accomplishes so much, wouldn't she be proving it to us via a marvelous career? But no, that would require getting ahead by her own merits instead of her TM2 name. All of her "accomplishments"...her books, her podcast, even school (we saw how many projects she did on herself!)...have happened because of MTV. 

Bringing it back to Chelsea...in a way, I admire that she is a SAHM and doesn't pretend she is super accomplished, like Kail. I wish, though (and I am honestly coming from a place of concern here, not snark) that things had not popped right into place so easily for her, so she could have stood on her own two feet and really grown into her potential. She seems so insecure on many levels, and I think this happens to a lot of people who are never really allowed to try and fail; an unintentional consequence of having a doting parent like Randy. Even though she was slow getting started, she did graduate from esthetician school, and I would have loved to see her hold a full-time job for several years, and use that money to directly support Aubree. Imagine the difference that would have made for her self-esteem! She would know that SHE was the one putting food on the table, and would feel like such a strong woman. Then, she could have met Cole a few years later and become a SAHM, but by then she would have developed into a more confident person all-around. Chelsea has to be aware, deep down, that her lifestyle is dependent on another person (Randy or Cole, or even MTV), and though she may intellectually know she has a certificate and wouldn't be starting at level zero if something happened to them, it might be hard to believe, if that makes sense. Realistically, she would adapt and be okay, but I think that not being sure you could make it on your own if you had to would be anxiety-inducing for anyone. However, I really do appreciate that she is upfront with the fact that her kids are her life now, instead of trying to pretend to be accomplished like Kail is. 

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Watson & the blow dryer?! Omg. So cute. Great picture of Aubree too. Chelsea really has it all. 

You can tell that her kids are genuinely happy and loved unlike Jenelle's kids who are genuinely freightened behind their Instagram smiles.

• Love 18

I can't really harsh on Chelsea, because I think she now is exactly what she always wanted to be: a wife and mom.  I don't think she ever wanted a career, and only got the aesthetician training because she felt she had to (parental urging is my guess).  Now that she has a husband who loves her and a growing number of children (the "family" she always said she wanted), she's happy.  And she's good at being a wife and mom, unlike Leah, who I think would like the same thing but is terrible at it because her insecurity won't let her trust that her current man loves her (and hence the searching out of males to sleep with her so she knows she's attractive), plus the drug abuse doesn't help either. 

To continue my dime-store analysis of the TM2 moms, Jenelle would like to have no kids and just use drugs and do nothing; I'm not sure if she really wants a husband but she definitely doesn't want kids.  And I don't know what the hell Kail wants, really, other than to prove everyone wrong about her--her mom, her "hatters", anyone who looks down on her for who she is or was.  The fact that she completely refashioned her body to match what Chris may find attractive (didn't she get that huge butt after she met him?  And do the experiment with putting her hair in dreads at the same time?) seems to indicate wanting to attract him, maybe because he doesn't really want her, which she is really not used to and which thus makes him so much more attractive to her!

So the only "winner" here is Chelsea, although remember I'm grading on a curve.  

• Love 18
22 hours ago, Fosca said:

I can't really harsh on Chelsea, because I think she now is exactly what she always wanted to be: a wife and mom.  I don't think she ever wanted a career, and only got the aesthetician training because she felt she had to (parental urging is my guess).  Now that she has a husband who loves her and a growing number of children (the "family" she always said she wanted), she's happy.  And she's good at being a wife and mom, unlike Leah, who I think would like the same thing but is terrible at it because her insecurity won't let her trust that her current man loves her (and hence the searching out of males to sleep with her so she knows she's attractive), plus the drug abuse doesn't help either. 

To continue my dime-store analysis of the TM2 moms, Jenelle would like to have no kids and just use drugs and do nothing; I'm not sure if she really wants a husband but she definitely doesn't want kids.  And I don't know what the hell Kail wants, really, other than to prove everyone wrong about her--her mom, her "hatters", anyone who looks down on her for who she is or was.  The fact that she completely refashioned her body to match what Chris may find attractive (didn't she get that huge butt after she met him?  And do the experiment with putting her hair in dreads at the same time?) seems to indicate wanting to attract him, maybe because he doesn't really want her, which she is really not used to and which thus makes him so much more attractive to her!

So the only "winner" here is Chelsea, although remember I'm grading on a curve.  

I think Chelsea does have the life she has always wanted, and is genuinely happy. 

Leah- she seems to enjoy being a Mom on some level, but I think Ali’s diagnosis continues to throw her for a loop intellectually and emotionally. I cannot get a read on her. You know the phrase “god only gives you what you can handle?”- I think that’s BS, because there are people that cannot handle their shit. Leah’s lucky that she’s got TWO ex’s that are involved in varying degrees, and that Corey is Ali’s Dad (if Addy had been her child with MD she’d be even more stressed than she is right now). 

Kailyn- I think Kailyn does get emotional fulfillment from her relationship with her sons AND if she were a more secure, emotionally involved person she would’ve been a great working Mom while letting the dad have primary custody (and she have regular visitation and active involvement). That isn’t a popular option though for women in our culture.  I don’t see her being okay with a SAHD/H (stay at home dad or husband) because I just don’t see her being unselfish enough to have an adult partner in that way. There are a lot of people in this world who aren’t cut out to be primary caregivers to small children but want children (for a variety of reasons). 

Jenelle is a lost cause. In another world she would’ve had her tubes tied before her first child. She has no nurturing instincts at all and 100% thinks her children exist to serve her. I believe Jenelle has legit mental health problems in addition to being a genuine asshole. 

• Love 18
On 10/24/2018 at 8:45 AM, galaxychaser said:

I wish US had one year paid maternity leave. It would allow women to have a kid and be able to stay home and not worry about bills...

i want one kid but doubt I will have any. I’m sad over that. It’s hard to date in nyc. 

er...you should check out "90 day fiance!" Karaoke apps are big. So is "<Insert Country Name Here> Cupid." Soooooooooooo many options. 

On 10/24/2018 at 12:45 PM, teapot said:

not here!  We threw mad shade over the decades-long pursuit of the GED, and the fact that she kept on letting Adam back in, and crying when he was mean. (there was also her multicolored hair & layers of makeup, but...)

uggghhhh, imagine having a period of your life like that forever on film?  thank god I'm a) unfamous and b) old as hell!!!

Don't forget when she let that other dog eat her puppy because she let him out to pee without out a leash in in her unfenced yard right before she had to leave for her GED or cosmetology test or whatever. I get that we all make stupid fucking mistakes, but I don't know if I can forgive her for that.

But then I think about her cast-mate and the numerous pets she's neglected, killed, disappeared and...god damn it. Here I look like I'm defending her. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Don't forget when she let that other dog eat her puppy because she let him out to pee without out a leash in in her unfenced yard right before she had to leave for her GED or cosmetology test or whatever. I get that we all make stupid fucking mistakes, but I don't know if I can forgive her for that.

But then I think about her cast-mate and the numerous pets she's neglected, killed, disappeared and...god damn it. Here I look like I'm defending her. 

The thing with the situation above is:  Chelsea LEARNED.  And because that phone call to her dad was on TV, maybe someone else who was just letting their dogs out to run stopped to think about whether their dog would be safe or not.   

Jenelle, however, continues to make bad decisions with pets.   That, I can stay angry about. 

PS  I've done some stupid stuff with pets and I'd hate for people to judge me for the rest of my life because of that.  Just this past Saturday, I opened the front door and my rescue cat bolted.  He had never tried to get out before so I was admittedly lax.  Luckily he came back Sunday morning.  But I learned and I am now super duper careful when he's out and about the house!

• Love 16
3 hours ago, NannyBails said:

The thing with the situation above is:  Chelsea LEARNED.  And because that phone call to her dad was on TV, maybe someone else who was just letting their dogs out to run stopped to think about whether their dog would be safe or not.   

Jenelle, however, continues to make bad decisions with pets.   That, I can stay angry about. 

PS  I've done some stupid stuff with pets and I'd hate for people to judge me for the rest of my life because of that.  Just this past Saturday, I opened the front door and my rescue cat bolted.  He had never tried to get out before so I was admittedly lax.  Luckily he came back Sunday morning.  But I learned and I am now super duper careful when he's out and about the house!

I almost brought up that she seemed to have learned and now seems to be a responsible, loving pet owner, but #defending.

I still feel bad for that puppy, though. 

• Love 7

LMAO! I love how her kids are so expressive. I remember Aub and her doing 'Angry Face.'  You can tell she spends her time with her children. Aubree has had a few meltdowns in her time but she is generally pretty damn happy.  

• Love 14

HAHA! My little sister texted me that picture last night with "poor thing looks identical to her grandpa Randy.  Without the bow I wouldn't know who is who".   I was laughing so hard!

• Love 9
On 10/24/2018 at 11:12 PM, CaliforniaLove said:

At the end of the day, Chelsea has definitely figured out how to be cute AF. I think she's the cutest Teen Mom of all franchises by far. There is just something about that baby-voice talking South Dakota mom (mahm) that is so appealing, and I enjoy her pre, and post-Cole family more than the others. That said, I'm at a point of only wanting to see any of these ladies on "where are they now?" specials...except Jenelle. She should never be on camera again. 

Well I guess one man's treasure is another man's trash.  Cute is not the word I would think of.

Oof that picture of baby Randy, er I mean baby Layne is unfortunate.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Talky Tina said:

Why?  I think it's a good way to mark the growth of a baby.  Why is it such a problem? 

I like them, too. My daughter takes a pic of my grandson with his every month. She has a blanket with a ruler on it, too, and it's been fun to watch how much he grows from month to month.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, druzy said:

Aww she looks like her momma! I thought Layne's eyes look like Chelsea's in a childhood photo you posted previously @druzy. Thanks for posting all the pictures! I need them after reading Jenelle's thread!

Edited by badhaggis
  • Love 12

Watson's smile is everything.

I think Baby Randy Layne is a cutie, but that's because I think Randy/Randy's features in baby form is/are darn cute (but won't be so cute if she grows into Randy in woman form).  Right now, I think she's adorable. Babies change a lot (I just started seeing Cole in Watson, for example) and who knows who she will favor in a year.  Right now that little baby dentist is a cutie, even if she's not cute in a Gerber baby way. I think shrunken fun size Randy is cute. :)

Aubree looks more like Mary & Chelsea to me as time goes on (with a dash of Adam, I guess).  She's a pretty girl and she's so grown (and we've all been watching this too long)!

• Love 13
On 10/24/2018 at 3:15 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Let’s just say there was a time (many years, in fact) where any criticism about Chelsea elicited STRONG reactions from other members. Thank goodness that has since changed. . . . 

This is true.  I’ve started watching again and I’ve got big suspicions about Cole.  Something about him, his clothing, his haircut...  And Watson?  Stupid name, hopefully the kid will grow into his looks.   

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Watson's smile is everything.

I think Baby Randy Layne is a cutie, but that's because I think Randy/Randy's features in baby form is/are darn cute (but won't be so cute if she grows into Randy in woman form).  Right now, I think she's adorable. Babies change a lot (I just started seeing Cole in Watson, for example) and who knows who she will favor in a year.  Right now that little baby dentist is a cutie, even if she's not cute in a Gerber baby way. I think shrunken fun size Randy is cute. :)

Aubree looks more like Mary & Chelsea to me as time goes on (with a dash of Adam, I guess).  She's a pretty girl and she's so grown (and we've all been watching this too long)!

I've always thought Aubree is just like Adam (and Mary lol, but more adam), which is honestly not a bad thing, because his features were attractive when he was a teen. I think some people (not you) don't want to say she looks like Adam because they hate him, and will insist she looks nothing like him, which is obviously not the case. However, I'm kind of glad she looks like him, so there can be one person with those features who is a good person! ? However, for the first time, I think she look so like chelsea here, and then I realized that she's wearing overdone makeup. lol! Maybe teenage Aubree will take a page out of her mother's makeup book, and they will be identical twins!

• Love 3
On 10/24/2018 at 11:51 PM, geauxaway said:

This. That's how I feel too. 

• Love 3