Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

Yeah you have to think about those pics that resurface over the years. I don’t blame her one bit. Lol. I know I would try to look reasonable if I was going to be in any of the pics. 

• Love 13

Cole...you are getting a thesaurus for Christmas!!!! Don't kill me, because I do like that he shows appreciation for Chelsea. However, the phrase "perfect wife" is beginning to sound like nails on a chalkboard to me, and he is becoming a caricature of himself. There are many, many ways to write a personalized message about why he loves and appreciates her without saying "perfect wife" every time. Again...please don't interpret this as, "what's wrong with being nice? So she should be with someone like David, who is an abuser?" I just wish he could say something like, "on this Christmas, as I see you taking care of the children and doing so much for us all, I fall more in love with you every day. You are definitely the biggest blessing in my life. On top of that, you are so beautiful, on the inside and out. Thank you, Chelsea, for bringing all of us so much joy!" That at least is specific to Christmas and heartfelt. It almost seems like he gets off on fangirls swooning over him calling her perfect, so he just says it in every post (though I'm not at all saying he's insincere, but it's easy to get hooked on good attention). 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:
  • In my daughter's childhood there was no way I had time to do full make-up with eyelashes on Christmas morning. This is the one thing I don't like about Chelsea as grown up as she seems to be she sill has that superficial side.

Chelsea and Cole live for social media validation. They're the "success" story in a clusterfuck of losers. Appearing "perfect" at all times is part of the game.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I would roll my eyes way back into my head if anyone called me “perfect.” Just so ridiculous I can’t even seee it as an actual compliment.

Especially when it's literally said every post. I would think my beloved had nothing really to say about me if he constantly exaggerated like that (and it is literally an exaggeration no matter who you are talking about, for obvious reasons). If he had gotten carried away and said it once, whatever, but saying it every time makes him look disingenuous. Weirdly enough, hearing it over and over makes people think, "why does he always call her perfect?" and start listing her flaws, which is the opposite of what he wants. I get that he doesn't likely think it through, and lives for the "do you have a brother, Cole?" comments on Instagram, but it sounds unimaginative and repetitive at best, and trite and overcompensating at worst. 

• Love 7
On 12/10/2018 at 1:30 PM, druzy said:

Um, so llike, this picture is the first time I’ve ever been physically attracted to Cole. Weird. I can’t get behind the voice and the dorkiness when he’s in “live action,” though.

20 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t follow- sorry. Did she get done up before or after?

I am not a mom but I assume it would be easier to get up early, arrange gifts, do hair/makeup and then when kids wake up to open gifts you are picture ready....

Do they make eyelashes that last longer than a day/a few hours? If so I assume she has ones that last longer and already had them on. There’s also permanently tattooed eyeliner and things and she totally seems the type to have that done so I’m not sure how long her makeup routine takes, maybe it’s not long at all. Either way, at least she was there and “present” for her kids while they opened presents, haha. I can’t hold liking makeup against her, especially when she knows any picture she shares will be seen and critiqued by millions of people.

7 hours ago, zenme said:

Maybe the "perfect" thing is done out of their immaturity. One day they'll realize they're not perfect. Maybe just perfect for each other.

I always assumed that’s what they meant - perfect for each other not perfect in general. I can see how it’s annoying though but if they actually feel that way about each other, great for them.

• Love 12

My husband signs all his cards to me: "You are perfect.  For me.  You'd be a nightmare for anyone else."  Or some variant on the last sentence.  A florist once spent ten minutes trying to talk him out of including that on my birthday bouquet.  I've told him I keep all these cards and if he ever tries to file for divorce against me, I'm using these as evidence that he actually likes the crazy things I do.

Marriage is weird.  

• Love 24
12 hours ago, zenme said:

Maybe the "perfect" thing is done out of their immaturity. One day they'll realize they're not perfect. Maybe just perfect for each other.

I think that is what they are saying — I just think so many here take their every word literally. I guess I just see it as how I think they mean it, which is you are perfect in my eyes— I love you just as you are.  

• Love 18
20 hours ago, lefawn said:

My husband signs all his cards to me: "You are perfect.  For me.  You'd be a nightmare for anyone else."  Or some variant on the last sentence.  A florist once spent ten minutes trying to talk him out of including that on my birthday bouquet.  I've told him I keep all these cards and if he ever tries to file for divorce against me, I'm using these as evidence that he actually likes the crazy things I do.

Marriage is weird.  

that is AWESOME!!!

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, GleamingMist said:

Why are they in Colorado (says on Cole's instagram).  Does someone have family there or a TM2 sponsored vacay?  I noticed they are filming.

I'm guessing TM2 sponsored vacay. At this point, the cast has to be running out of storylines. Chelsea's and Leah's lives have stabilized, the resident trainwreck's husband is no longer allowed to be mentioned or filmed, Chris won't film, and Briana has nothing going on. The producers are desperate for content and trips are good for filler.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, badhaggis said:

Two! He is a peanut! The joy in his face makes me so happy. Aubrey, Watson and Layne are obviously loved and nurtured.

Nourished.... 😆 Every single time I see the word nurtured I want to correct it with that, thanks to idiot Jenelle. 

I actually wouldn’t mind seeing the DeBoers on a family trip, it beats the hell out of watching a forced “we’re totes actually friends” trip with multiple TMs all on vacation together. 

• Love 13
44 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Nourished.... 😆 Every single time I see the word nurtured I want to correct it with that, thanks to idiot Jenelle. 

I actually wouldn’t mind seeing the DeBoers on a family trip, it beats the hell out of watching a forced “we’re totes actually friends” trip with multiple TMs all on vacation together. 

Exactly! I bet you Chelsea and Cole play Yahtzee with them too!

• Love 11

Even if this is a Teen Mom 2 paid for vacation, kudos to Chelsea for taking the kids with her unlike most of the other fools (cough, Kail, Jenelle) on this franchise who pawn the kids off on whoever is available before jetting off all over the place. 

The thing about Chelsea and the overdone makeup that never makes any sense to me is that while her makeup often looks elaborate and very time consuming her hair is usually a rat's nest and she is almost always just wearing sweats. Why bother with the full face of heavy makeup if you are beyond causal otherwise?

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

Even if this is a Teen Mom 2 paid for vacation, kudos to Chelsea for taking the kids with her unlike most of the other fools (cough, Kail, Jenelle) on this franchise who pawn the kids off on whoever is available before jetting off all over the place. 

The thing about Chelsea and the overdone makeup that never makes any sense to me is that while her makeup often looks elaborate and very time consuming her hair is usually a rat's nest and she is almost always just wearing sweats. Why bother with the full face of heavy makeup if you are beyond causal otherwise?

I always think she looks fine, but I think the answer to your question is probably that many people tend to have a priority or preference to go all out on. For some it is clothes, others hair, others makeup, etc. so I think maybe makeup is her thing. I realize some do it all but not everyone does. 

• Love 6

“Too much makeup” is basically Chelsea’s signature look to me, lol! I think she should stop doing things to her face, such as Botox. I do think she could gain a few pounds, she’s not naturally super thin so I’m not trying to rip on something she can’t fix, I’m assuming she chooses to be so thin. I don’t think it’s like Leah (or Maci) where she eats garbage, never exercises and somehow is tiny so she must like the look. I don’t think she looks bad, she would just look better with a bit more weight. 

• Love 6
On 1/5/2019 at 4:02 PM, Rebecca said:

“Too much makeup” is basically Chelsea’s signature look to me, lol! I think she should stop doing things to her face, such as Botox. I do think she could gain a few pounds, she’s not naturally super thin so I’m not trying to rip on something she can’t fix, I’m assuming she chooses to be so thin. I don’t think it’s like Leah (or Maci) where she eats garbage, never exercises and somehow is tiny so she must like the look. I don’t think she looks bad, she would just look better with a bit more weight. 

I agree. It seems like it would be really exhausting to keep fighting your body type like that, especially while having multiple pregnancies. Like you said, there is a difference between Chelsea and Leah, even at the same amount skinny. It's Leah's body's preferred weight, but not Chelsea's. I thought Chelsea was drop dead gorgeous around the time she met Cole, after she had lost some weight, but still looked comfortable. Sometimes I look at her now and feel secondhand hunger lol!

this will always be my favorite Chelsea:

IMG_8626.PNG

IMG_8625.PNG

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 4

Sometimes pregnancy can change you, though. My step-mom used to be more like me - average, but had to work hard to keep herself on the slim side. When she had my sister? Her metabolism must have changed or something, because she can eat whatever she wants now and never gains a pound. 

Wasn't she around 24 when she got pregnant with Watson? It's also possible she was still in her "baby fat" stage in her late teens/early twenties. 

I just don't know that there's any evidence that she's doing anything to maintain an unnatural weight. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

Sometimes pregnancy can change you, though. My step-mom used to be more like me - average, but had to work hard to keep herself on the slim side. When she had my sister? Her metabolism must have changed or something, because she can eat whatever she wants now and never gains a pound. 

Wasn't she around 24 when she got pregnant with Watson? It's also possible she was still in her "baby fat" stage in her late teens/early twenties. 

I just don't know that there's any evidence that she's doing anything to maintain an unnatural weight. 

Hmmm...reconsidering my choice to never get pregnant! I wonder how common someone’s metabolism going up from pregnancy is? Not trying to be rude because it’s understandable but basically everyone I know that has had kids is bigger now, even those that had kids early on. I know pregnancy can change a lot of things inexplicably in the body though, one of my friends has hair that totally changed texture after being pregnant, so maybe you’re right. I didn’t mean to imply that Chelsea was starving herself or anything, I just think she might be going a little hard at exercising and eating right. 

• Love 4

Another thing - is she nursing? I lost so much weight while nursing my 3rd child. I didn't even intend to. In fact, my husband sat me down once and told me I was getting a little "scary" skinny and wanted to make sure every thing was okay. I was eating totally normally! And I wasn't even exercising at all. It was weird, because I didn't lose so drastically while nursing my mother two kids. (Once I hit 35, it got harder every year to keep my weight where I wanted. I'm now 39 and have to work really hard at it!) But if she nursed both babies, that might explain getting as thin as she is. 

• Love 4

Honestly I think she looks great.  She is working out, eating right, and frankly if I was that successful doing those things, I would be more than happy.  She is not unhealthy skinny at all--just the kind of lean that you get when you are doing all of the right things and are really into it.  

• Love 15

I wondered if she's nursing,too. I didn't gain much weight with either of my pregnancies and was really thin after both were born, especially while I was nursing them. She's also chasing a toddler and caring for an infant. That's a daily workout right there!

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

The only thing that worries me at all is that she posts dinners on Instagram sometimes that are suuuuper tiny. Like...the majority of it would fit into a big spoon. She posted this kind of thing a lot while pregnant, but Layne seems to be fine. Maybe she eats more, and the posts were a humblebrag, or maybe she's eating better and not as worried about her body now that Layne is here and she didn't gain 739472 pounds. I'm hoping that she's eating decent portions!

ETA: she was posting pics on Instagram that literally look like this. This kind of thing is a small portion to eat while pregnant! Americans do tend to eat big portions, but it's not the difference between cleaning your plate at Olive Garden and asking for a doggie bag. It seemed like she was eating suuuuch tiny amounts!

IMG_8643.PNG

Edited by Christina87
3 hours ago, lovesnark said:

I wondered if she's nursing,too. I didn't gain much weight with either of my pregnancies and was really thin after both were born, especially while I was nursing them. She's also chasing a toddler and caring for an infant. That's a daily workout right there!

I have read on her timeline that she was nursing. 

• Love 5
On 1/5/2019 at 4:02 PM, Rebecca said:

On 1/6/2019 at 9:09 PM, Christina87 said:

I agree. It seems like it would be really exhausting to keep fighting your body type like that, especially while having multiple pregnancies. Like you said, there is a difference between Chelsea and Leah, even at the same amount skinny. It's Leah's body's preferred weight, but not Chelsea's. I thought Chelsea was drop dead gorgeous around the time she met Cole, after she had lost some weight, but still looked comfortable. Sometimes I look at her now and feel secondhand hunger lol!

this will always be my favorite Chelsea:

IMG_8626.PNG

IMG_8625.PNG

11 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Ugh! Glitch! But anyway....I agree with all of you. Chelsea loves her make up. Cool. That's a healthy hobby. I never thought there was anything wrong with Chelseas body at all. I do think she is just more toward athletically  built and beautifully so. Now she has made life style changes and her body changing with every pregnancy. Maybe I'm not explaining the body frame right but Leah for example has a smaller frame so things look different on her. 

And off to bed cuz I'm making no sense now! LOL! 

Edited by FairyDusted
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Before her wedding she said she stopped eating carbs (and maybe sugars) to lose all the weight she did so i wouldn't be surprised if she's still doing that. 

I don't think she's at an unhealthy weight at all.  We first saw her when she was pretty chunky, plus had a lot of baby fat still.   I think she looks great now.

Oh yea.. she does do a specific 'diet' - i can't remember what it's called but she has posted about it before. 

Profile Sanford - that's what it is (or was). She posted about it back in April.

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 4

Am I the only one who never thought of Chelsea as “chunky”? I mean she was obviously bigger but bigger in that she was probably a size 6, 8 or maybe 10 and now she’s probably a 2. People also look bigger on tv. She was never overweight to me at all, she just wasn’t ‘skinny’. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• Love 14

She always looks porportional to me.  Even when she was ‘heavier’ she didn’t look fat.  I think she is one of those lucky humans whose body can take on or off pounds in the right places.   See Caitlyn in Teen Mom OG as the polar opposite.  Her weight goes to her boobs and midsection so even if she isn’t that overweight, she looks like it.  

• Love 9

I think she just used to be a lot fuller in the face. I don't know if it's the contouring or losing that baby weight, but her face is a lot slimmer now. I also think she used to dress a lot sloppier. Baggy clothes can make you appear heavier than you are. Anyone know how tall she is? Shorter girls can appear heavier when just a few lbs are gained. I have barely any torso to speak of, so if I gain just a bit of wait, I look all boxy. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I think she just used to be a lot fuller in the face. I don't know if it's the contouring or losing that baby weight, but her face is a lot slimmer now. I also think she used to dress a lot sloppier. Baggy clothes can make you appear heavier than you are. Anyone know how tall she is? Shorter girls can appear heavier when just a few lbs are gained. I have barely any torso to speak of, so if I gain just a bit of wait, I look all boxy. 

wow, she's just 5'3.  I don't know why, I always thought she seemed taller.  Most of the teen moms are short, isn't that weird??? 

• Love 5
On 1/7/2019 at 2:53 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Spoiler alert - she is heavily calorie restricting. When she can’t do it anymore she will gain again. 

I think she is too. Her natural body type is on the stockier side. If you're built to have a little more meat on your bones you can't get rail thin unless you under eat. 

• Love 4