Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

Arrggg! The strapless dress! There is nothing more unattractive than watching a bride pull up her dress and adjust her boobs all night long. I didn't even try on a strapless when I was looking for gowns because I'm a busty girls and I was afraid someone would step on the dress and everyone would see the girls!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, poopchute said:

Agreed.  Strapless dresses look terrible on almost every bride.  I don't know why so many women pick them.

You need to have really thin arms and shoulders to pull off strapless, and most women aren't built like that.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, poopchute said:

Agreed.  Strapless dresses look terrible on almost every bride.  I don't know why so many women pick them.

Because they go with the flow and follow what is in style. Problem is, not everyone has the same body size or shape to pull it off. They are the same people who probably go and get subway tiles as a back-splash.

• Love 4

I'm also not a huge fan, as a busty girl, of the David's Bridal pick-a-color-plain-strapless-bridesmaid-dress that makes an appearance at every wedding. As a bridesmaid, you don't have the option to find a more flattering cut! I wonder if people will look back on their wedding pictures in 20 years, and think, "damn! Those dresses were boring and unattractive!" There are so many gorgeous, fun bridesmaid dresses that look great on everyone!

• Love 3
20 hours ago, poopchute said:

I learned the answer to why so many women pick them when my daughter and me were checking out wedding gowns. Aside from a glaring lack of originality, strapless gowns are much easier and less costly to alter than a gown with a full bodice. Most of them lace up the back which gives a whole lot of room to adjust for fit and if they do need alteration, it requires much less fussing. I made my daughter's dress and getting the bodice to fit was the hardest part.  I was sweating bullets when I zipped her into it the first time! I will NEVER tackle a project of such magnitude again. But, it was exactly the gown she wanted and, I must say, I did a bang up job :) The dress we used as inspiration was 8k and wasn't made entirely of silk. Hers was and we spent about $600 on fabric.

• Love 11
On 10/2/2016 at 2:25 PM, BitterApple said:

In fairness, Kail got ripped to shreds on this forum for having two weddings, so why does Chelsea get a pass? I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, I'm just speaking in general. She already got pregnant before marriage (twice) so why is Chelsea so concerned about propriety at this point? Having a kid out of wedlock is hardly a crime against humanity, she might as well have just waited until the kid is born.

Yeah, I don't get it either...both sets of two weddings seem equally tacky and ridiculous to me personally, it doesn't really matter to me who "loved" each other or not at the time-- the events can still be tacky and unnecessary. I do not understand the huge expensive wedding thing or the multiple wedding thing. I know it's likely cultural for these girls but I don't understand it. What does make me sad is that their entire lives appear to revolve around one event. 

At the same time, on another level, I'm torn because weddings are a personal decision and I don't get ripping anybody for them. If it's what works for them, cool.

Chelsea has always seemed quite materialistic and immature to me, and I wouldn't want to spend more than a few minutes with her IRL. But I'm glad she's happy. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 7

They need to stop with the "miscarriage" BS and talk about abortion, if that's indeed the case here. This is a show about teen (now adult) pregnancy, and there are several legal options to choose from if a woman finds herself with unwanted pregnancy. Viewers should be informed and not mislead.

Was Adumb's girlfriend on this show? Why would she inform viewers if she is not on the show? I can't remember if she was ever shown on TM. 

What I do remember is, when Kail had her miscarriage and there were doubts all over the internet about it being an abortion instead, the defense was if she had an abortion it was her choice, her life, her body, it was a private matter regardless and she didn't owe anyone an explanation.

If this girl cheated on Adumb, I wouldn't be surprised. It isn't as if he knows the definition of the word "faithful" himself.

At the same time, on another level, I'm torn because weddings are a personal decision and I don't get ripping anybody for them. If it's what works for them, cool.

When someone puts their marriage celebration out there for the cameras, it is no longer personal.  It is up for grabs.

I am so glad for the snark boards. So many cool and funny people.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3

Congrats to Chelsea and Cole! I had a feeling it would be a boy. In some ways, I think it's better for Aubree not to have another girl competing for Mom's attention, especially considering she's going through so much readjustment as it is. 

• Love 8
On November 5, 2016 at 5:16 PM, Darknight said:

I don't understand how folks pay $$$$$ for a wedding. Go to the courthouse then have your dream honeymoon 

I want a HUGE ring...then a courthouse wedding...things that accrue in value, people...

• Love 4

I think Chelsea will have a nice second wedding with all of the trimmings and things she couldn't do while pregnant, but I would bet my head that it will be reasonably priced, and the cabin wedding probably was less than $1000. She and Cole are pretty simple people and don't appear to have fancy, extravagant tastes. It will be nice for her to have bridesmaids, a hen night. I do absolutely believe that Cole wanted to be married to the mother of his child before he is born. Nice that it's a boy and as someone else said, it's nice that Aubree won't have to compete with another girl.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Elizabeth9 said:

I want a HUGE ring...then a courthouse wedding...things that accrue in value, people...

Lol, don't do it!!! I have a fairly large e-ring and I never wear it. They're a total pain in the ass because they snag on everything and you can't fit gloves over them. 

• Love 2

Well, an engagement ring is a tangible asset, vs. a wedding or a vacation, but I wouldn't really refer to it as an appreciating asset.  It has some resale value, though, unlike a one day party or vacation.

I wanted a big engagement ring. Mine is pretty modest. I said I was going to upgrade on our 5th anniversary, but we had a baby instead. Hello, 20% copay, goodbye walnut sized diamond ring.

• Love 4

God, he is such a fucking douche, I just want to scream. Yeah, Adam, you owe a shit ton of back child support, but go ahead and turn down an easy 300k a year that you get for having your daughter a whopping four fucking days a month. Never mind setting up college funds or trust funds for your two kids with that money, it's all about your ego and pride. Good luck paying for roids and designer dogs off the two or three personal training clients you've managed to scrape together. 

• Love 7

Can we start a petition or something to keep him off TM2? I don't believe he'd really turn that kind of money down but I think there's more than enough footage already for Aubree to see how little he cares about her and how much he blasts her mother.

• Love 2

Well, if Adam's not going to be on anymore, I won't bother to watch!  AHAHAHAHA, I'm so funny; I kill me.

I wonder if MTV has already told him he wasn't getting paid more, which is what he claimed he wanted on the last Dr. Drew episode, and he is trying to save face by quitting for the thousandth time. I want that producer guy to mention, on air, that they are not offering him a new contract because he is a douchebag that no one wants to see, and not a parent in any sense of the word, so he doesn't add anything to the show. 

But, I never get my way. {wails like a 2-year-old who had her sucker stolen}

• Love 6
On 11/11/2016 at 10:50 AM, Tatum said:

Well, an engagement ring is a tangible asset, vs. a wedding or a vacation, but I wouldn't really refer to it as an appreciating asset.  It has some resale value, though, unlike a one day party or vacation.

I wanted a big engagement ring. Mine is pretty modest. I said I was going to upgrade on our 5th anniversary, but we had a baby instead. Hello, 20% copay, goodbye walnut sized diamond ring.

Diamonds aren't a great investment.  The resale value on rings is pretty meh.  Baby is a better long term investment vehicle.  :)

• Love 6

Assuming it's true, I'm kind of proud of Adam for turning down the money.  If he hates doing the show so much, why should he sell his soul?  If you're smart enough to be a doctor but love doing home health aide work, should you have to be a doctor just because it pays more money and you could have trust funds for your kids? 

I still can't stand the guy, but he did get a vasectomy, and if he turns down being a fame whore, then I have to give him a little bit of credit. 

• Love 3

If he hates doing the show so much, why should he sell his soul? 

I didn't know he had a soul.

He sold whatever soul he had when he cashed that first check. Too late now.

If it is true this season (7B) is the final season, according to some dropped hints by Kail, then Adam's rant about quitting is just that, a rant. That is like going around telling people you quit your job when in reality your job is going out of business.

• Love 7
On 12/2/2016 at 7:00 PM, guilfoyleatpp said:

Diamonds aren't a great investment.  The resale value on rings is pretty meh.  Baby is a better long term investment vehicle.  :)

Did you watch the Adam Ruins Everything episode? (Uh, as in the show where the host gives trivia regarding things you thought you knew about-not referencing earlier seasons of TM2 when Aubree's sperm donor was still messing with Chelsea's head...) The "giving" episode went into the diamond ring value/resale thing. Pretty interesting. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Did you watch the Adam Ruins Everything episode? (Uh, as in the show where the host gives trivia regarding things you thought you knew about-not referencing earlier seasons of TM2 when Aubree's sperm donor was still messing with Chelsea's head...) The "giving" episode went into the diamond ring value/resale thing. Pretty interesting. 

I did not see that, I'll have to check it out.

The reason I know that about diamonds is that I know a guy. Er, a woman. A friend, rather, who is fortunate enough to receive lovely gifts and modest enough to not want to wearing these lovely gifts around the city they live in. :)

• Love 3
On 12/8/2016 at 11:37 AM, GreatKazu said:

I didn't know he had a soul.

He sold whatever soul he had when he cashed that first check. Too late now.

If it is true this season (7B) is the final season, according to some dropped hints by Kail, then Adam's rant about quitting is just that, a rant. That is like going around telling people you quit your job when in reality your job is going out of business.

Seriously. That became clear in the first episode this season-- that his "moral outrage" against the show is just a huge temper tantrum. He asked why they didn't show him doing nice things with Aubree the week after the dance he didn't go to. The producer said "well, I didn't know about those things" and he said "well, that's because Chelsea didn't tell you." Then she said, but why can't you tell me? "Well, why should I have to?" Then he switched to, "and why should Chelsea tell you what I'm doing?"

It didn't even make sense or stay consistent within that 7 sentence conversation. He wants to be shown being a great dad, but doesn't want to let MTV know when that's happening like a normal person. So he basically wants to blame everything on Chelsea but also have his producers be mind readers? Or something? Sure will take that check, though. 

• Love 12

Yea, Adumb absolutely could call them up and let them know. He doesn't want to. Because he wants to continue to paint Chelsea as some villain who is persecuting, and that will be his excuse when he does fuck up in the futures. Chelsea is his El Nino. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Adam is really the worst. I still can never get past him texting Chelsea that Aubree was a mistake. He did that. I don't care how old he was, there is no way a person can come back from that. 

He also called Aubree a bastard and I agree that he gets no passes because he was young. For as much of a dick as Jo was on 16&P, he was never cruel to Isaac nor did he say horrible things about him. Adam is just a complete waste of space. 

• Love 15

I always hate that Chelsea continually went back to him. She really must have loved the pull of nuclear family to keep doing it, otherwise I don't get the appeal, he was never nice to her and I don't understand how she could watch these episodes and go back to him.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Adam is really the worst. I still can never get past him texting Chelsea that Aubree was a mistake. He did that. I don't care how old he was, there is no way a person can come back from that. 

I can't help but feel he still sees her as a mistake which is why he treats Chelsea horribly. I often think he wishes Chelsea asked him to relinquish his parental rights so he could avoid child support and be done with them both forever. 

Jo really has a special heart for children. I remember during one of the TM specials, Jo and Adam were watching a clip of Aubree. Jo seemed more happy about watching Aubree than Adam. Jo even complimented Aubree. I have never heard Adam say anything positive about Aubree. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 13
On 05/01/2017 at 2:25 PM, GreatKazu said:

Jo really has a special heart for children. I remember during one of the TM specials, Jo and Adam were watching a clip of Aubree. Jo seemed more happy about watching Aubree than Adam. Jo even complimented Aubree. I have never heard Adam say anything positive about Aubree. 

Jo just melts my heart sometimes with how he is with kids. Whether they're his own or not, he's so sweet with them.

• Love 9

I finally got to watch the first episode of this season, and ugh, Adam is just the worst. I couldn't believe he left the producers out there for at least 45 minutes for basically no reason. And when he deemed them worthy of entering his abode, he made some word salad Farrah would be proud of. He wants the producers to film everything he does with Aubree, yet doesn't want to be the one to tell them, says he wants Chelsea to tell them, then says Chelsea shouldn't have to tell them? I was so lost. He always seems so disinterested in his kids (which he is), he's so damaging in so many ways.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, monicageller said:

He always seems so disinterested in his kids (which he is), he's so damaging in so many ways.

I have a feeling he spends 90% of his time napping or playing XBox when Aubree and Paisley are at his house. Aubree better get used to being a babysitter, because that's going to be her primary role when she's with her Dad.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I have a feeling he spends 90% of his time napping or playing XBox when Aubree and Paisley are at his house. Aubree better get used to being a babysitter, because that's going to be her primary role when she's with her Dad.

That's already her role. It wasn't Adumb watching Paislee on that pile of mattresses.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Agreed. I was pissed off to see him spending the time he has with his kids napping, then bitching to MTV producers. Why not spend that time doing something fun with them? Oh that's right, because this is Adam.

• Love 3

Hey, Chelsea, compliments on the upper body physique. Girl looked tremendous, but take it easy, don't cross into She Hulk territory. Those shoulders were right on the edge of linebacker! Seriously though, nicely done. Clearly she goes there often and isn't just sitting around like the rest of these folks, getting surgeries all over the place. I'm looking at you Lowery. 

• Love 2

I don't mind wide shoulders, I appreciate a lot of body types. What I'm talking about is the serious musculature, hey, good for her I say. 

How much do you think these crews FIGHT to cover Chelsea at the beginning of the season?

• Love 5

Chelsea has never looked better. Side effects of happiness and sex too. She's the only TM I would trust watching my Littles. Yes she is already a big sister but Chelsea probably doesn't spend time with Paisley.   I think she was just thinking in her home she is a full time Sib. 

• Love 10