Type keyword(s) to search

Kailyn: Kail Smash!

SPLAIN
Message added by OtterMommy

Please remember that it is against Primetimer policy to publish home addresses, links to home addresses, or other personal information of anyone--on or off the screen.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Mkay said:

She graduates May 13. 

Good for her. Really. I'm just shocked she's not shoving it down our throats, especially to take away from the lead balloon that was the baby #3 announcement. I still wouldn't be surprised though if some sort of "clerical error" i.e. "she had to drop a class because she's too pregnant to deal with school" stopped her graduating this semester. 

Edited by Birdee
  • Love 4

I will believe Kail graduates on May 13 when I see it. (Granted, I'm more optimistic that she will graduate than I am that Maci ever did graduate with her associate's degree....because pics or a newspaper/press release of her name on a list for the college's graduation or it didn't happen.)

And if Kail does graduate, I will commend her and give credit where credit is due. But not until I see proof because Teen Mom cast.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Birdee said:

Yeah, I went back and re-read your post right after I posted and deleted my comment. I haven't had any caffeine today...

I tried to delete my response too but I can't figure out how to do it!! #TechnicalDifficulties

1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I will believe Kail graduates on May 13 when I see it. (Granted, I'm more optimistic that she will graduate than I am that Maci ever did graduate with her associate's degree....because pics or a newspaper/press release of her name on a list for the college's graduation or it didn't happen.)

And if Kail does graduate, I will commend her and give credit where credit is due. But not until I see proof because Teen Mom cast.

I agree. I would expect a lot more tweets about her impending graduation than she what she's posted. I mean, she's allowed to be excited about her baby, but she already has done this twice before. Graduating college is new territory.  Yet her tweets are 99% baby related. I think there's a good chance she's either worried about passing a final, or mid semester (after she bragged about buying her cap and gown) dropped a class and is shy of credits to graduate.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Birdee said:

Good for her. Really. I'm just shocked she's not shoving it down our throats, especially to take away from the lead balloon that was the baby #3 announcement. I still wouldn't be surprised though if some sort of "clerical error" i.e. "she had to drop a class because she's too pregnant to deal with school" stopped her graduating this semester. 

She's not shoving it down our throats or bragging about being the first TM to graduate with a bachelors -- so, I'm going to speculate that her cohort is graduating but she is actually still a few credits short. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Mkay said:

Did you guys read the comments? One guy writes, calm down Kail, it's Delaware State University. And actually got some likes.

Another girl wrote, proud of you! Don't even worry about how long it took you! There's some subtle shade (for this crowd anyways).

Well, perhaps she will graduate in May. As much as I make fun of her, that is an accomplishment and I salute her.

Hahahahahaha- Amber Porkwood wrote- sending you some Forever Haute makeup to wear at graduation. No blame if it causes rashes or herpes!

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 14

Nowadays it doesn't actually happen if you 1. don't make a big deal out of it and 2. don't have it on social media. #oldfogey   I miss the days when things were much simpler!  (And I don't like this, either. lol   And I doubly don't like it because she did it and well....can't stand her.)

• Love 9

I think 'soon to be' mom of  3 would be more fitting.  I'm old too and anything can happen in pregnancy and birth.  I personally wouldn't jinx things but that's just me.  This is Kail and she's in control, I guess.  I hope she's the only one that decorated her cap, though.  ;-)

• Love 8
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:28 AM, Mkay said:

She needs to clean her counter/vanity or crop it out if the picture.  Gross!!

IMG_0755.PNG

There aren't enough beauty products and creams to beautify the Hulk. 

38 minutes ago, Mkay said:

I'm not a fan of decorating the graduation caps. Apparently, it's a newish thing. 

IMG_0762.PNG

She's lucky her cap is black. She loves black after all. 

She forgot to add to that cap:

+ 3 different baby daddies

+ Serial cheater

+ Abuser to all

+ STD carrier

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12
On 4/28/2017 at 0:28 PM, Mkay said:

She needs to clean her counter/vanity or crop it out if the picture.  Gross!!

Without Javi's mother there to clean each day, the house is looking gross. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Jennifersdc said:

Does she really need all of those cosmetics to look like that? 

Forgot to add snark about the graduation cap. Yes Kail - we all know you're a mother...I guess her gown covers the shirt she generally has it emblazoned on. That shit drives me nuts...

• Love 1

How many times does Kail have to show off that donation to the school? Is she fishing for compliments again? Hey Bluto, newsflash for you. You can do great things and be complimented without demanding that attention. Go to a therapist and let him/her stroke your need to be acknowledged. Some people also know what you really are and they can't forget your criminal abusive ways and don't want to give you that acknowledgement. It is akin to patting Butch, Amber, Nathan, and David on the back for doing one good thing.  

• Love 6

Personally, I don't consider someone a "mom" until the child is actually born. I know that pregnant women feel motherly toward their fetuses and do various things to take care of them, but still. It seem to me that the point of celebrating oneself as a "mom" AND graduate would be to highlight how much extra work is required to take care of kid(s) while completing college. Would it make sense for a woman pregnant with her first child at graduation to tout herself as a mom AND graduate? I don't think so. If she had even said, "Mom of 2.5 and a degree," I would be ok with that. College/life is generally more challenging for pregnant women (even if that's a choice), but calling herself a mom of 3 is a bit much. "Mom of one" might be more appropriate since she only has her kids half-time (or less).

• Love 3

A degree doesn't mean squat if Kail doesn't find a job and keep one. I can't tell you how many people I have encountered in my life who have graduated from a university with a degree only to end up working at Home Depot or going from job to job. 

Kail would never have graduated if she really had to work while going to school like many single parents have to do. She would have been "soooooo frustrated!" Kail only got to this point because she had the Marroquins, the Riveras, and Vee at her disposal for babysitting, TM money, and all the time in the world to tend to her studies. Kail can never truly do things on her own without someone having a hand with helping her, which she will never acknowledge. She will continue to paint the picture that she is this single mom who sacrificed and suffered while raising her kids and going to school. 

• Love 21

I think a four-year degree means something no matter what, but idk if Kail knows that. It's not just to get a job. I'd have more respect for her if she just said that, actually. Instead I think she's going to try to use her degree to get a job in a field she's not qualified for / "to be a celebrity." If she just said hey, I don't need to work right now but the degree has its own value, cool; I've known parents who went back to school but weren't planning to work after. Instead she'll cheapen it and make it seem worthless by becoming a social media "personality." Ugh. We've seen enough of your personality, Kail, we don't want more. 

That said, it's an accomplishment, so kudos to her. And holy wow do I agree that I wouldn't be calling myself a mom of 3 at this stage, that freaks me out. But I'm pregnant and superstitious. 

• Love 8

Actually, it is possible to participate in graduation ceremonies even if you haven't completed the requirements; she might still need classes that she plans to take in summer, or if she bombed a class this spring that hasn't officially been recorded yet.   My sister went through the graduation ceremony the year before she actually finished all her credits.

I'll believe it when she Instagrams/tweets her diploma, which I'm sure she'll do as soon as she receives it.  

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Fosca said:

My sister went through the graduation ceremony the year before she actually finished all her credits.

My sister's best friend did the same. She had to take summer classes to finish her credits but she walked in the graduation ceremony.

If Kail does indeed graduate, I give her props. I know she didn't exactly go to a top-tier school, but she finished a four year degree, which is a rare example of these idiots using their MTV cash for something worthwhile. I doubt she'll get a job until the show is off the air, but at least she's put herself in a much better position to succeed. Now if she'd only stop getting pregnant by random men....

• Love 8

It's easy to graduate college as a single mother when you make $300k a year doing nothing and have people to watch the children 24/7.  Yes, I'm a cynic.  I'm not impressed by her donation either.  It was most likely for tax purposes. 

• Love 17
19 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Does she really need all of those cosmetics to look like that? 

I don't think she needs all of them, but underneath she's always going to have this "look at all these things I can afford" mentality because most of her life she probably had trouble buying toothpaste to put on the counter.  I've seen someone who used to have nothing making a decent living now and he can afford to shop at Meijer. He comes home an leaves most of the dry goods out on the counters instead of putting it right away because he wants to display it and look at it. She might not even be conscious of it anymore, but it's still a sense of pride showing through.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I think a four-year degree means something no matter what, but idk if Kail knows that. It's not just to get a job. 

True, but I was referring to only Kail's situation and her situation is she is a single parent who is pregnant with her 3rd child. She isn't going to have TM money forever, and her "celeb" status is not going to get her into the kind of work she thinks she is worthy of. If Kail is going to continue with her proclamation that she is a single parent doing it all on her own, then she better get to figuring out how she will be the sole bread winner of her little family with that degree that she is showing off to the world.   

Kail has her limits and she feels she is above others. She once proclaimed on the show she wasn't going to have time to go out seeking and applying for jobs. She said she hoped to acquire one within the first three months after graduating.  Not sure what world she lives in but the kind of career she wants won't get dropped in her lap. Perhaps she should put that word she loves to good use  - hustle. How is she going to acquire a job within three months if she will be at home with a newborn?  

I have mentioned it before, and I have no problem pointing it out again. Katie from TM3 is my favorite because she did get her degree and she did enter into a career and did so without the luxury of having 4 years of doing nothing and going on vacations. She did it while working her ass off. The difference between Katie and Kail is, Katie had a true devotion with a specific obtainable goal. 

I am all for college education and acquiring a degree if that is what one wants. We have mentioned many times how we wish the girls on this show would do something with their lives and put their money to good use. I am glad to see another cast member doing just that. But, it will be interesting to see what happens after graduation. I think Kail is depending on MTV to provide her with that job and if that is the case, then it cheapens the whole thing. 

As for that graduation cap, she could have saved herself all the trouble if she had simply put "puta" on there. 

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 11

I don't have any snark on the degree. It's all fine and good to say it's "easy" to do with help and money, but that's not necessarily true. Just look at all the others.  

I've been watching old 16&Pregnant episodes and then looking them up for updates. I know most don't have the money, but damn they're mostly hot messes on baby 2-3, different dads, arrests. Kail is making bad choices with her desire for children (although she claims this is her last), but they have a nice home (that I hope is paid for), and all seems to be peaceful for now with Jo and Javi. Javi was coaching Isaac again this weekend in soccer. 

Yes, there are a lot of bad decisions, but I feel like she gets crap even when she accomplishes something good. No, degrees don't  always lead to a job, but it's better than starting all these bogus "clothing lines" that will fizzle. Time will tell. 

• Love 6
(edited)
18 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I don't have any snark on the degree. It's all fine and good to say it's "easy" to do with help and money, but that's not necessarily true. Just look at all the others.  

It was easy to do for Kail because she had the help and the money to keep her from having to actually work to pay the bills while going to college. She was able to leave her kids with family instead of paying a babysitter or putting them in costly daycare or afterschool programs. She also didn't have Isaac and Lincoln with her full-time as she would like people to believe. She shared custody with Jo and the Marroquins. She could dump her kids with her relatives when she needed to do her homework. Or go on vacation. I don't think she would have achieved this degree, at least not in the four years that she was able to do it if she didn't have the help and the money. 

I can't compare the others to Kail because that is assuming the rest of the cast is capable of going to college and graduating. Not everyone is cut out for 4 year college. That doesn't mean they can't attend a certificate program or seek work. They choose not to work. Kail wants a career. She just expects it to be handed to her because she is a "reality star". 

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 11

I know her story. I still give her credit for doing it. Like I said, time will tell on where she goes from here. 

She claims this is her last child. I wonder if she'll get fixed? She's still so young, I'd never rule out a later marriage and a family with that person. 

• Love 3

I'm not for sure, but I believe Kail's house(s) and car(s) are not paid off. So that is another reason she needs to think about getting a steady job. She has gotten quite materialistic over the years and I doubt she has saved a whole lot of money for  a rainy day.

22 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Yes, there are a lot of bad decisions, but I feel like she gets crap even when she accomplishes something good. No, degrees don't  always lead to a job, but it's better than starting all these bogus "clothing lines" that will fizzle. Time will tell. 

I don't begrudge Kail pride in her accomplishments. What rubs me the wrong way is how full of herself and arrogant she is and has been about her degree. As SPLAIN   said so well, she got a loooot of help getting there that some people, especially single parents, can only dream of. It would be nice if she took some time between twitter posts patting herself on the back to thank all the people who helped her get there. She likes to paint this narrative of the poor girl who pulled herself from the gutter, but she was given helping hands all along the way.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I know her story. I still give her credit for doing it. Like I said, time will tell on where she goes from here. 

She claims this is her last child. I wonder if she'll get fixed? She's still so young, I'd never rule out a later marriage and a family with that person. 

I know her story, too. It is similar to Nathan, Amber, and David's story - they are all abusers. I often wonder if Nathan or David would get credit if they went out and acquired a college degree. 

I will give credit to Javi for his military service to our country. Something Kail spat on. She acted as if he sat around for 8 months while she raised her boys all alone. 

I'm not for sure, but I believe Kail's house(s) and car(s) are not paid off. So that is another reason she needs to think about getting a steady job. She has gotten quite materialistic over the years and I doubt she has saved a whole lot of money for  a rainy day.

Right. I was just going to post this same thing. Kail's home is not paid for. In fact, Javi posted she needs to get her ass in gear and get that bank loan in order to get the home in her name. Her quality of life has risen to such a degree that she won't want to ever live below her means ever again. She will need a career that will pay her what she is accustomed to. She will also have to learn to deal with working with people who will tell her what to do. We know Kail doesn't take kindly to being told what to do. 

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I will give credit to Javi for his military service to our country. Something Kail spat on. She acted as if he sat around for 8 months while she raised her boys all alone.

And Javi busted her out on that too.  The boys were at camp during the summer.  Kail got pissed and stormed out.  She seemed shocked he wasn't going along with her "all on my own" narrative anymore.  It sure seems like the boys aren't really with her all that much when you consider all these things.  It's probably for the best, the boys seem happy and so does Kail.  It's just not the picture she wants painted of their lives.  

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, MissMel said:

And Javi busted her out on that too.  The boys were at camp during the summer.  Kail got pissed and stormed out.  She seemed shocked he wasn't going along with her "all on my own" narrative anymore.  It sure seems like the boys aren't really with her all that much when you consider all these things.  It's probably for the best, the boys seem happy and so does Kail.  It's just not the picture she wants painted of their lives.  

I was laughing when he dished out the truth on her Mother Russia ass. 

Any time those boys are away from their calculating bitch of a mother, is fine by me. As long as they continue to have their paternal families in their lives, they will be loved and not made to feel guilty like Kail tends to do to her sons. Her fear of them loving their fathers more than her will surely strain her relationship with her sons. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I've been watching old 16&Pregnant episodes and then looking them up for updates. I know most don't have the money, but damn they're mostly hot messes on baby 2-3, different dads, arrests. Kail is making bad choices with her desire for children (although she claims this is her last), but they have a nice home (that I hope is paid for), and all seems to be peaceful for now with Jo and Javi. Javi was coaching Isaac again this weekend in soccer. 

I agree in that I don't think higher education is ever "easy." I teach many students far more privileged than Kail, with no kids and an educated, non-broken family, and many of them still struggle a great deal in their classes, and they've had every advantage-- tutoring all through school, SAT prep courses, private schools, parents with PhDs, etc. They still have to buckle down and do the work and many still get B's and C's. At the end of the day, college is hard. Most of my students don't work outside of school. Some do sports, internships, clubs, or theatre but that's about it. And they're still stressed every day. 

It's just that respect for her at this point for much of anything is rough, for me personally. She's a tough one to get behind and she squanders a lot of her opportunities. So I get where people are coming from. The third kid thing also makes her ultra tiresome to me, along with all her plastic surgery, and I think most folks are just sick of her. I still think the degree itself is something to be proud of though. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Mkay said:

http://www.kaillowry.com/kail-lowry/

If you click this link it goes to her  blog you can see her (pre) graduation pics.  

From her blog (bolding is mine):

"If you follow any amount of the show, you know I've been struggling to get through school and earn my bachelor's over the last 6 years... Yes, 6 years. Between teen motherhood, financial hurdles in the beginning, then moving to a new state, marriage, babies and divorce... and then of course just wanting to give up, I (barely) held on..."

When did you barely hold on, Kail? When you were in Hawaii or Puerto Rico? Or was it when you were busy being the town tease? When did you struggle? Was it when you were dropping off your boys at their respective families' homes and you were running late to get back home to meet one of your sanchos?

As for her pics, she needs to find bigger sandals for her huge feet.

The boys are always adorable. I'd rather see them in photos than Hulk.  

• Love 17
17 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I agree in that I don't think higher education is ever "easy." I teach many students far more privileged than Kail, with no kids and an educated, non-broken family, and many of them still struggle a great deal in their classes, and they've had every advantage-- tutoring all through school, SAT prep courses, private schools, parents with PhDs, etc. They still have to buckle down and do the work and many still get B's and C's. At the end of the day, college is hard. Most of my students don't work outside of school. Some do sports, internships, clubs, or theatre but that's about it. And they're still stressed every day.

I suppose, when you get right down to it, a student getting through college with two kids and a six figure income doesn't really have any more of an advantage than an upper middle class kid with $0 out of pocket expenses, and no other obligations besides school. So I am okay with her being proud of her degree. It is an accomplishment and it did take hard work.

What annoys me no end is her refusal to acknowledge just how much help she has had. She continues to make references to doing it all on her own.

Look, my family made a comfortable living. We weren't rich, but my parents did well enough to pay 100% of my school costs. My mom so desperately wanted me to focus on school that in addition to tuition, books, and living expenses, she also paid for gas, groceries, and the occasional splurge at American Eagle. I had a credit card I used for everything and my dad paid the bill in full each month (I never took advantage). I understood all the while I had it much easier than my classmates who were working 30-40 hours a week in addition to taking a full course load. I was forever grateful and I did not walk around talking about how I was doing it all on my own.

Kail wants to take sole credit for her degree and compare herself to non MTV employed teen moms and that's bullshit. Apples and oranges.

• Love 14

Kail, what the fuck ever. You have two involved ex's, a mother-in-law who was a live-in maid/nanny for three years, a 300k annual salary and plenty of time to jet off on vacation. I'm not saying she didn't have to put in the work to earn the degree but please stop with the "struggling single mother" shtick. 

• Love 18
(edited)

Kail wants to take sole credit for her degree and compare herself to non MTV employed teen moms and that's bullshit. Apples and oranges.

I think that is the whole point being made in various comments above. The achievement itself is not being ignored as much as how she comes off as if it was a real struggle for her when it wasn't. 

I was blessed to have a father pay for my education. That made things easy for me because it allowed me the opportunity to keep my nose in the books rather than having to work at a job in order to pay for the essentials that come with going to college. It was one less stress on my plate. It isn't for many others. Achieving a higher education requires hard work. That's a given. Kail had Javi there for the most part. She has only been a single parent since December when she finally decided to cut Javi loose and stop playing him for a fool.  What struggle was there in her life that she is proclaiming in her blog? No financial struggles. No child care struggles. Was it a struggle to get an "A" in her classes? Possibly, but that doesn't seem to be what she is alluding to. She keeps painting this picture of poor Kail had a rough life and she is still doing things on her own with no help whatsoever. Spare me, Kail 

There is no effort to acknowledge the people who helped her get to where she is at right now. 

Kail, and the rest of the cast, act as if their followers, fans, and minions can look upon them as an example of struggling people, and they use that aspect when writing books, blogs, posting tweets, and commenting on camera how difficult their lives are when in reality, they bitch about problems that don't exist or are created of their own doing. They are not examples of reality. They are examples of spoiled and enabled boors. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 14
19 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I don't begrudge Kail pride in her accomplishments. What rubs me the wrong way is how full of herself and arrogant she is and has been about her degree. As SPLAIN   said so well, she got a loooot of help getting there that some people, especially single parents, can only dream of. It would be nice if she took some time between twitter posts patting herself on the back to thank all the people who helped her get there. She likes to paint this narrative of the poor girl who pulled herself from the gutter, but she was given helping hands all along the way.

This is my issue with Kail as well. I'm the biggest fan ever of anyone getting a college degree under any circumstances, especially a young single mother, regardless of how much help she does or doesn't have. But Kail is such a miserable hosebeast that it's hard for me to applaud her. She WAAAAAAAY overstates the "Young Single Mom Who Overcame All the Odds and Did it All ON HER OWN" thing. She's had lots and lots of help, not the least of which is 7 figures of MTV/book/personal appearance/whatever else money. Even with all of those advantages, I'd bet that Chelsea and Cole's house is more paid for than Kail's and Kail is in for a HUGE awakening when the MTV teat dries up and she has to support her upper-middle-class lifestyle on whatever job she can get. She's not going to have a big career as a host/presenter, so it's unwise for her to waste any more time and money trying to make that happen. She could pursue work in film production or something (I don't really know what she studied in school), but those jobs are very competitive and don't necessarily pay well. So all the "I've Made It!" and "Look at My McMansion" on Instagram is a bit much. Her professional prospects are mediocre at best and it's unlikely that she'll still be living in that house or driving the fancy cars 10, maybe 5, years from now.

• Love 19
11 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I think that is the whole point being made in various comments above. The achievement itself is not being ignored as much as how she comes off as if it was a real struggle for her when it wasn't. 

Right. Kail may have worked hard at school, but she wants to be put in the same bracket as teen moms in school, rather than a specialized bracket of very affluent teen moms in school, of which there likely ARE no stats, because the group is so small. So, people say, she beat the odds! Well, no, she didn't. She beat the odds of a demographic to which she does not belong. She isn't a teen mom in college, she's a teen mom* in college. She wants the benefits of the asterisk, but the praise of someone without the asterisk.

• Love 18

It's a Communications Degree from a college that is pretty much a community college.  No SAT or ACT scores required.  The retention/graduation rates are abysmal.  I also read on another site that she was able to use MTV for her co-op/internship requirements.  She has maids, supports, and was without a single struggle or barrier - other than her bitchy attitude.  Sorry, I'm not impressed.  To be honest, I'm more inspired by Chelsea's GED and graduation from beauty school because I think she's of below average IQ and struggled to recover from Adam's narcissistic/psychological abuse.

How is Vee doing in school?  She doesn't have a team to help her and her partner is always rushing out to make Kail happy.

• Love 17