Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

I spend way too much time thinking about these people. Family dynamics are constantly evolving as careers change, children grow, and priorities shift. The oldest Brown cohort still seem mostly close. The middles aren't as defined- but it seems like most of Janelle's and Christine's kids feel family bonds although not with all siblings. Leon has always been a bit of an outlier- but Robyn's kids were never a part of the originals- Robyn and the separate houses made that so. For families to thrive, as situations change so must families. Christine and Janelle lost their roles with the move to LV. Meri lost hers with the divorce. If Robyn hadn't slithered her way in-  would Christine would still  Earth Mother, would Janelle have a career and would Meri be queen? Interesting to speculate. 

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 23
2 minutes ago, BAForever said:

Family dynamics are constantly evolving as careers change, children grow, and priorities shift.

Sobbyn and her puckered up face, dry crying about "sitting on the porch with her sister wives watching the children play" is just ridiculous.  Those kids are mostly adults and are off living their own lives. Most kids eventually go off and start their own families and sit on their own porches. What AUB Koolaid was she drinking?

• Like 20
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, BAForever said:

If Robyn hadn't slithered her way in-  would Christine would still  Earth Mother, would Janelle's  have a career and would Meri be queen? Interesting to speculate. 

And would they all still be living in the shared house in Utah?

The Browns seems to be like the Gosselins.  When the TLC money rolled in, family cohesiveness rolled out.

• Like 16
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Sobbyn and her puckered up face, dry crying about "sitting on the porch with her sister wives watching the children play" is just ridiculous.  Those kids are mostly adults and are off living their own lives. Most kids eventually go off and start their own families and sit on their own porches. What AUB Koolaid was she drinking?

I think Robyn had a warped view of how she thought plural marriage should work.  Go talk to all those women who left their husbands when a new favorite wife comes into a family.  Yes it destroys the family.  

• Like 19
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

And would they all still be living in the shared house in Utah?

The Browns seems to be like the Gosselins.  When the TLC money rolled in, family cohesiveness rolled out.

I think that once the kids grew up - even without Robyn in the fray (and believe me I do not like Robyn and I think she is manipulative and selfish) and if they were in the one house in Lehi - they still would have broken up. The problems were there even before Robyn joined but their collective focus was raising their  many children and financial survival.

As the children have been growing up,  they all  have been forced to interact less as parents and more as sister wives and husband. And Kody married Christine to stop Janelle and Meri from fighting - so that isn't the greatest foundation for a marriage. There were many problems from the outset. 

Perhaps Janelle might have stuck it out, because of her faith.  I do believe that Robyn exacerbated the inevitable break up and probably in a weird way did them all a favor in allowing them to see Kody's true nature and lack of romantic love or desire for them. Robyn was able to manipulate Kody because he truly loves her and did not really care about the Original Three. 

I also believe that while the marriages may not have survived had Robyn not entered the family, I do believe Kody would have a better chance at good relationships with his older children had Robyn not been there. The children would not have competed with Robyn and her kids for their Dad's attention and see the blatant unfairness. So while the marriages may have still crumbled I think Kody may have had a better relationship with his kids. 

Either way he is a narcissist who who knows?

Edited by zamp33
fixing a sentence
  • Like 17
  • Love 2

The whole premise of the show from the beginning was introducing a 4th wife into a plural marriage.  Without Robyn there's no TLC, IMHO. And without the money from the show Robyn wouldn't have married in and there would have been more bankruptcies. (And we might have spent our time more productively, or not)

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 19
On 9/20/2023 at 2:58 AM, altopower said:

Well, now, isn't that interesting. I wonder why?  I was expecting it to be Kody or Robyn's idea to leave her out, but then they didn't include Savanah either, and I did expect that. Clearly I don't know anything about these people.

Mykelti and Meri never really bonded, with Mykelti always doing everything Meri didn’t like.

I also believe Meri, Maddie and Mykelti have a shared past in selling LuLaRags, with both girls probably coming from her downline. Anyway, Maddie had her own huge fall out with Meri over LLR back in Vegas (they were supposed to be doing it together, but I don’t remember the details, but their relation turned really sour after) and something happened between Meri and Mykelti too. She made some nasty jabs at Meri during one of her facebook lives when selling the rags a few years back. Don’t know  the specifics here, it was rumors all over the internet, and I never watched her fb lives.

TLC seems to have prohibited any MLM from being promoted or even shown on SW. (Good from them!) It has always amused me that Kody wasn’t allowed to use the one thing that made him (in)famous, to promote the other ventures. It probably explains why we hear so little of any incidents, or the OG3 making lots of money from it now.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, zamp33 said:

I think that once the kids grew up - even without Robyn in the fray (and believe me I do not like Robyn and I think she is manipulative and selfish) and if they were in the one house in Lehi - they still would have broken up. The problems were there even before Robyn joined but their collective focus was raising their  many children and financial survival.

As the children have been growing up,  they all  have been forced to interact less as parents and more as sister wives and husband. And Kody married Christine to stop Janelle and Meri from fighting - so that isn't the greatest foundation for a marriage. There were many problems from the outset. 

Perhaps Janelle might have stuck it out, because of her faith.  I do believe that Robyn exacerbated the inevitable break up and probably in a weird way did them all a favor in allowing them to see Kody's true nature and lack of romantic love or desire for them. Robyn was able to manipulate Kody because he truly loves her and did not really care about the Original Three. 

I also believe that while the marriages may not have survived had Robyn not entered the family, I do believe Kody would have a better chance at good relationships with his older children had Robyn not been there. The children would not have competed with Robyn and her kids for their Dad's attention and see the blatant unfairness. So while the marriages may have still crumbled I think Kody may have had a better relationship with his kids. 

Either way he is a narcissist who who knows?

Agree with your thoughts @zamp33. But would any of the original 3 have left if Robyn hadn't come into the marriage or just suffered in silence? I know couples who stay together just because it's too scary to start over or be alone. Kody's treatment of the original 3 may have been better with no Robyn and her kids, so would they have stuck it out? Love the thoughts everyone has on this. 

• Like 11
35 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Mykelti and Meri never really bonded, with Mykelti always doing everything Meri didn’t like.

Mykelti was also part of the group that tended to band together against Leon. I recall an episode where they teased Leon with  (as I recall) something about drinking and Leon pitched a fit.  It was all a set up to see Leon's reaction. And (it was a long time ago so I may be wrong on details) when all of the girls got together to do the Mother's Day breakfast and Leon  checked out while everyone else did the work.

The joy of having siblings the same age.  Makes me glad I only had "same age" cousins.  We got along beautifully and still do but we didn't live in the same house/neighborhood.

• Like 8

Sibling relationships are complicated and often changing. I was an asshole to several of my sibs and it was reciprocated. We figured it out as young adults and continue that now. That being said @Orcinus orca- agree that Leon didn't seem to have the close relationships with the oldest cohort. Then again, they were Meri's child and that may have influenced any closeness.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BAForever said:

Kody's treatment of the original 3 may have been better with no Robyn and her kids, so would they have stuck it out? Love the thoughts everyone has on this. 

My thought is, their relationships sucked before Robyn. The just sucked more after.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Mykelti was also part of the group that tended to band together against Leon. I recall an episode where they teased Leon with  (as I recall) something about drinking and Leon pitched a fit.  It was all a set up to see Leon's reaction. And (it was a long time ago so I may be wrong on details) when all of the girls got together to do the Mother's Day breakfast and Leon  checked out while everyone else did the work.

The joy of having siblings the same age.  Makes me glad I only had "same age" cousins.  We got along beautifully and still do but we didn't live in the same house/neighborhood.

I think it was Maddie that pranked Leo, along with Logan, about Hunter getting a DUI.  But yes, that breakfast showed Leo's spoiled brat persona perfectly.  

Mykelti may have had her own issues with Leo, but she didn't hide her distaste for Meri.  Meri was said to have been overly severe in disciplining Christine's kids.  

• Like 6
5 hours ago, LilyD said:

<snip>

TLC seems to have prohibited any MLM from being promoted or even shown on SW. (Good from them!) It has always amused me that Kody wasn’t allowed to use the one thing that made him (in)famous, to promote the other ventures. It probably explains why we hear so little of any incidents, or the OG3 making lots of money from it now.

Wasn't Christine frequently wearing LLR leggings?

Edited by BnJJ
  • LOL 1
31 minutes ago, BnJJ said:

Wasn't Christine frequently wearing LLR leggings?

Twice that I am aware of, Kody weaseled his way around the restrictions.

When Truly was suffering and Aspyn expressed concern, he flippantly told her to give Truley some Liv water.

Another time there was a bottle of Liv displayed loud and proud on the kitchen counter  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I’ve always wondered whether “the liv water for Truely” was missed during editing? That was the only time I recall some form of actual promotion over Liv, LLR or Plexass.
I wouldn’t call Christine occasionally wearing LLR leggings active promotion, as the brand wasn’t visible nor mentioned. Those who really know LLR would recognise the leggings for what they are. I’d hardly heard about LLR and simply thought them hideous. I gues it’s hard to prevent any brand from showing, especially when 2 of the wives and 2 of the kids had closets full of it, with little else to wear.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
On 9/22/2023 at 10:24 AM, goofygirl said:

And,the shocked look on his face when Janelle says she wants to remain separated is good.  Like it might have JUST DAWNED on him that things are NOT so great being "married" to his dumb ass.

He is an absolute moron. He claimed to have been blindsided by Christine leaving him and now is acting all shocked that Jenelle doesn't want to get back together. 

I guess his idea of a relationship with anyone other than Robyn and her kids, is to just not have much of anything to do with them and then think that the relationships will still be ok if it's not nutured in any way, this goes for his older kids and the wives. What planet is this guy living on? 

It amazes me every week seeing how he rationalize his actions towards everyone that isn't Robyn and her kids.

• Like 13
  • Love 2

From Meri's thread:

Enjoyed watching the scenes when they talked about Meri's mom, Bonnie.  We stayed at the B&B a couple of years ago, and she truly was a lovely hostess.  The place was immaculate, the breakfast (prepared by a local cook who came in to make breakfast) was delicious.

But as far as converting the B&B to allow for scheduling of more events, I can only wonder:  how many fancy events do they need space for in Parowan, Utah?  

Well, we know that all of that was just Meri's hot air since two years later nothing has been done.  A commercial kitchen?  Seriously?  And I bet that shed is still crammed with crap.

Even her website is two years behind - the last time she posted anything in the "blog" was 2021!  Can't Jen be bothered - or isn't there anything worth posting? I bet they don't get 10 guests a year.

• Like 11
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

Even her website is two years behind - the last time she posted anything in the "blog" was 2021!  Can't Jen be bothered - or isn't there anything worth posting? I bet they don't get 10 guests a year.

The weekend we were there, there was some sort of half marathon going on in Parowan, and all four guest rooms were full.  In at least one of those rooms (ours), no one was involved with the marathon.  LOL.

My husband's cousin used to live in Parowan and we were passing through the area so he - good sport that he is - agreed we could stay at the B&B just out of curiosity.  The most physically exhausting thing we did was to walk down to the town cemetery and find the grave of his cousin.

• Like 8
  • Useful 6
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

The weekend we were there, there was some sort of half marathon going on in Parowan, and all four guest rooms were full.  In at least one of those rooms (ours), no one was involved with the marathon.  LOL.

My husband's cousin used to live in Parowan and we were passing through the area so he - good sport that he is - agreed we could stay at the B&B just out of curiosity.  The most physically exhausting thing we did was to walk down to the town cemetery and find the grave of his cousin.

What was your opinion of the inn??

• Like 2
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm guessing that Meri gets tax breaks on owning the B & B.  It can't generate that much $.  

"The Internal Revenue Service typically allows you to take a tax deduction for losses incurred in the operation of your business. However, if your business claims a net loss for too many years, or fails to meet other requirements, the IRS may classify it as a hobby, which would prevent you from claiming a loss related to the business or even claiming any expenses for the hobby due to the suspension of miscellaneous itemized deductions for tax years 2018 through 2025. If the IRS classifies your business as a hobby, you'll have to prove that you had a valid profit motive if you want to claim those deductions."

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/small-business-taxes/when-the-irs-classifies-your-business-as-a-hobby/L5NClTTtK

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1

There was a point where Meri said she wasn’t allowed to use the inn as her residence. I assume that had something to do with her lender, but I don’t know that for sure. Would that change now for some reason? Presumably when she moved from the rental in Flagstaff (in April of this year), she moved into the inn, but I don’t know that as fact either. 🤣🤣

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 2
  • Useful 5
On 9/23/2023 at 6:30 PM, ginger90 said:

My thought is, their relationships sucked before Robyn. The just sucked more after.

Yup, they just didn't know how bad since it was bad all around. When Robyn came in and showed them how good SHE had it, then the suck became unbearable.

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Well, we know that all of that was just Meri's hot air since two years later nothing has been done.  A commercial kitchen?  Seriously?  And I bet that shed is still crammed with crap.

A commercial kitchen means commercial zoning and commercial hook ups. Not an expense you would go through for a wedding or two in 5 years time. Sounds like a talking point/storyline moment to me.

The caterers I have worked for/with that travel and set up on site usually have their own portable facility. Usually a trailer that is set up on site, kind of like a food truck that you pull vs. drive.

• Like 6
  • Useful 5
On 9/28/2023 at 7:28 AM, ginger90 said:

There was a point where Meri said she wasn’t allowed to use the inn as her residence. I assume that had something to do with her lender, but I don’t know that for sure. Would that change now for some reason? Presumably when she moved from the rental in Flagstaff (in April of this year), she moved into the inn, but I don’t know that as fact either. 🤣🤣

I wonder if she paid off the loan. If she is making as much as some have speculated from LLR, she'd likely have had enough to do so long since.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Well of COURSE Sobbyn told the Douche about Meri's conversation!  How else was she going to say " I told him to have the right reaction" or whatever bullshit she said.

He got a new ring because he's now in a monogamous relationship with Sobbyn.

There goes the Sister Wives!  Now it's gonna be "Mr. & Mrs. Douchecanoe wake up in the REAL world"....

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

He’s been so used to automatically blaming other people , when it’s just them and there is no one to blame , it’s gonna be interesting.   That glitch we saw him have at salsa brava is just the beginning !

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

Neither kootie head or Robyn have good taste in jewelry… and I never thought I would say this, but poor meri.  She is standing there wanting him to say something nice to her and he can hardly keep from dancing .   She deserves better than that .   She did what she was raised to do  and didn’t get the outcome she was promised.   And that is a very difficult pill to swallow 

• Like 18
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, General Days said:

I could really get into a season or two of Meri just playing the agent of chaos. 

Burn it down, Meri. Burn it to the ground and salt the earth.

Maybe that would get rid of the plague on "the property" as well!

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

If you have some time to kill, you might want to check out the Coconino County property records.  There are copies of deeds, releases, etc.  Search for "Brown Kody" and it will keep you entertained/confused for quite a while.  Their property ownership records are more tangled than Kody's hair.

• Like 1
  • LOL 19
27 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Christine and David are married!

IMG_6699.jpeg

IMG_6700.jpeg

IMG_6701.jpeg

Mazel tov to both of them.

I hope their families blend together and they live happily ever after.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Like 21
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Mazel tov to both of them.

I hope their families blend together and they live happily ever after.

Yes, indeed! They do truly look happy. Hoping for a blissful happy ever after for them and their blended families.

It will probably be a year before the show catches up to this, sadly. I'd love to see Cooter and Sobbin's reactions!

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Like 13
  • LOL 2
27 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Yes, indeed! They do truly look happy. Hoping for a blissful happy ever after for them and their blended families.

It will probably be a year before the show catches up to this, sadly. I'd love to see Cooter and Sobbin's reactions!

I would, too.  Cooter (love that!) and Sobbyn hopefully weren't invited, and didn't dare show their sour faces.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I try to imagine the moment with Kooty sittin' on one of their big leather couches, with his reading glasses, scrolling through his social media and Christine's wedding pics popping up in his feed.   I truly wonder what went through his mind. Its got to be a gut punch for him to see her so happy with another man.  He fully deserves any negative feelings it causes him. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 16

This would be Christmas 2021- the same time period during which he did NOT call Savannah and did not invite her to have ‘Christmas’ with him, Robyn, MyKelti, Ysobel and Truely.    We are supposed to  believe that he called the boys? After Robyn said it would be unsafe to have them at the house? After Janelle had invited him to the AirBNB? And here goes Robyn blaming  Christine for it.  

https://parade.com/tv/sister-wives-kody-brown-opens-up-relationship-2-estranged-kids-oct-15-episode

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 4
13 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

This would be Christmas 2021- the same time period during which he did NOT call Savannah and did not invite her to have ‘Christmas’ with him, Robyn, MyKelti, Ysobel and Truely.    We are supposed to  believe that he called the boys? After Robyn said it would be unsafe to have them at the house? After Janelle had invited him to the AirBNB? And here goes Robyn blaming  Christine for it.  

https://parade.com/tv/sister-wives-kody-brown-opens-up-relationship-2-estranged-kids-oct-15-episode

That article is based on this one at E! Online, which contains a teaser for the upcoming episode. 

I find Kody's comment about Christmas interesting too. I'd bet my lunch that the first half of this comment: "I reached out to them just before Christmas and I reached out to them after. No, they're blocking me," just references the group chat from Hell about the sibling gift exchange. And there's been a whole lot of time between now and Christmas of 2021, so his "reach out" after Christmas could have been any time in the past 22 months.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1