Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Am I to understand correctly that you don't get to talk to the folks you are paying for the cameo, they just tape a message?  Cause that kinda stinks.  

I have read that people around here have used that service.  Perhaps, they’ll chime in with details. I explored it and from what I saw said you provide the details of the occasion, person being honored, like Birthday, age, graduation, etc. and the celebrity makes a video using this info. They probably have a bunch of pre planned stuff, but if you read the reviews, there are some who do a great job, putting a lot of details and special stories.  I think Matt Roloff was one of the higher rated.  

I don’t know if they do it live.  That might be a more expensive option.  Imo, it’s a nice gift for a person who has everything. 

• Useful 2
42 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I have read that people around here have used that service.  Perhaps, they’ll chime in with details. I explored it and from what I saw said you provide the details of the occasion, person being honored, like Birthday, age, graduation, etc. and the celebrity makes a video using this info. They probably have a bunch of pre planned stuff, but if you read the reviews, there are some who do a great job, putting a lot of details and special stories.  I think Matt Roloff was one of the higher rated.  

I don’t know if they do it live.  That might be a more expensive option.  Imo, it’s a nice gift for a person who has everything. 

I had one and it was recorded but personalized to me. It wasn’t a Brown.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
18 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Thank you!!!!  I have thought about giving one to my sister.  She would find it hilarious!

17 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I had one and it was recorded but personalized to me. It wasn’t a Brown.

FUN!

• Like 2

It looks to be fun, for the the right person.  There are a lot of TLC cast members, of course Janelle, Kody, Meri, even Mykelti.  Mykelti is a real bargain at only $15.00.  She obviously does it for fun, as that money doesn’t compensate you for your time.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

My wife gave me a recorded greeting from Dave & Annie (of 90 day fiance) as a birthday gift and it was a lot of fun. They're both very sweet and funny. Definitely a kind of "gift for someone who has everything," especially if you know the recipient likes the individual.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

I watched a youtube thing about the Browns yesterday and one of the scenes was of a Kody doing a cameo for a woman that was purchased as a gift to her from her husband. 

Kody said the husband of the woman told him that his wife had a crush on Kody.  Kodouche was all smarmy about it, like oh I get that so often, it's just embarrassing ... 

I wanted to yank him by his oily little ramen curls and smack him one.  Just so smug. 

I would bet that most of the cameos Kody does are actually gag gifts.  GAG being the operative word because Kody is so gag-inducing!  I find it impossible to believe he has any real fans.  Much less that anybody has a crush on him.  He's dreaming! 

• Like 9
  • LOL 6

Thank you!!!!  I have thought about giving one to my sister.  She would find it hilarious!

I loved mine. It was cheap so I didn't feel any guilt about the money being spent and the D-lister who made it has been (and continues to be) an inside joke between me and my husband. I absolutely loved that he thought to have it made for me.

I would bet that most of the cameos Kody does are actually gag gifts.

Maybe I'll get one for my husband, who thinks that Kody is an absolute parody of a husband and father. Do you think I can get Kody to re-enact the "knife to the kidneys" line? That's my hubs's fav...

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I watched a youtube thing about the Browns yesterday and one of the scenes was of a Kody doing a cameo for a woman that was purchased as a gift to her from her husband. 

Kody said the husband of the woman told him that his wife had a crush on Kody.  Kodouche was all smarmy about it, like oh I get that so often, it's just embarrassing ... 

I wanted to yank him by his oily little ramen curls and smack him one.  Just so smug. 

I would bet that most of the cameos Kody does are actually gag gifts.  GAG being the operative word because Kody is so gag-inducing!  I find it impossible to believe he has any real fans.  Much less that anybody has a crush on him.  He's dreaming! 

Remember how Kootie said he didn't go to bars because he always got hit on?

What a shitbag.  So full of himself!  

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Remember how Kootie said he didn't go to bars because he always got hit on?

What a shitbag.  So full of himself!  

I know I often want to punch him. Oh wait… he said hit on

• Applause 2
  • LOL 16

The teetotaling AUBer didn't go to bars to avoid being hit on? Or maybe because he was married young with three wives, had a zillion kids and didn't drink because it was against his religion.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The teetotaling AUBer didn't go to bars to avoid being hit on? Or maybe because he was married young with three wives, had a zillion kids and didn't drink because it was against his religion.

Or maybe he is lying and is a hypocrite!  

• Like 10
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Or maybe he is lying and is a hypocrite!  

Perhaps that's where he was when, per Robyn, "Christine wasn't tracking his schedule". Kody was hitting up the bars and flirting with women. 🤣

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I'm curious to see the next season with the likely Kody/Janelle split, and the awkwardness between Christine and Robyn during Mykelti's pregnancy with twins. Beyond that, they don't offer much that I will be interested in. I'm not interested in Christine's new relationship, Mykelti/Tony randomly filling air time, and whatever they are going to show Meri actually doing. 

I really hope they don't do a Christine/David wedding special, although I'm certain that Christine is pushing hard for that.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

I haven't decided whether I am going to watch the next season or not. I once signed up out of curiosity for the polygamous lifestyle. That's all long gone; basically, since the Flagstaff move when they really started to have completely separate lives.

And I'm afraid @Kellyee is spot on with her prediction for the next (few) season(s). There's not much to look forward to. Even the awkwardness between Robyn and the rest and Kody's rants are starting to get predictable, annoying, and sad.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I really hope they don't do a Christine/David wedding special, although I'm certain that Christine is pushing hard for that.

I read somewhere that Christine's and David's wedding will be filmed. I don't recall the source, but it really wouldn't surprise me. Christine even asked her followers for "help" for the wedding. (Flowers, Dress, Make up, Location...) so I'm sure she will be milking it. Everything. 

• Like 9

Years ago someone who was connected with the soaps said that when ratings were down they would write in weddings, babies and divorces. The next season of SW has all three. I suspect that the ratings for the next season will be pretty high. They'll start out with Chritine walking into her new apartment and new life, Janelle leaving Kody and then Mykelti having the twins.  Even if they show Chrisinte dating David they'll save the wedding for another season. Can't imagine what they can come up with for Robyn and her crew. Probably Robyn sitting in a chair outside and dry eyed crying about how the other sister wives selfishly ruined her dream of polygamy.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
32 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Can't imagine what they can come up with for Robyn and her crew. Probably Robyn sitting in a chair outside and dry eyed crying about how the other sister wives selfishly ruined her dream of polygamy.

They’ll be extras filling the scene in the back when filming the Ex Sister Wives show. And hopefully, their pay check will reflect their demoted status too…

• Like 9
(edited)

The issue I see is really with the kids. Aspyn and Mitch have stayed off social media, Gwen is still in Flagstaff and who knows if TLC would want to include her storyline since she's gone public with her show rewatch/youtube/patreon and would probably not sign an NDA. I've seen some of her commentary and it sounds like she and her fiancee would like for their wedding to be filmed but TLC turned them down. In any case, these are adults who are working, going to school, hanging out with family etc. The only notable thing, really, is that we watched them grow up on TV.

Then there are Ysabel, Paedon and Truely. What is Ysabel's storyline, if she wanted to participate in filming? Lovely young woman but no TV-style drama (good for her, not good for the show). Paedon we know is a fame-seeker, but he'd likely be a giant turnoff to the mostly female audience. I know I do not want to watch him at all. Hopefully Truely is  allowed some input as to whether or not she wants her life to keep on being filmed. I strongly suspect she'd opt out if given the choice, except maybe for the usual filmed family gatherings and maybe a couple of "talking heads." For her sake, I hope she stays off camera as much as possible. Pretty sure Christine will continue trying to exploit her though. Look at the way they handled her finding out about the move. Awful.

That leaves Tony, Mykelti and their kids, Christine and David, Kody and Robyn (and the tenders). Out of that group the only one who brings any real drama is, ironically, Ari. (Kody does of course but imo he is unwatchable.)

Of course they could do a whole bunch of shows introducing Christine to David's kids and grandkids. Bo-ring!

Everyone's current activities are over-exposed on social media. The show itself has run its course but will stay on the air as long as we keep watching and discussing.

Edited by Teafortwo
typos
  • Like 7
  • Love 3
(edited)

My old brain is confusing dates now. Anyone care to help? When did Robyn meet Kody? Do we know the actual year?

I read somewhere that the show had started and then the air date was delayed for some reason - and that's why Meri's hair is longer in some scenes and shorter for their recreations. And that's also why Robyn's courtship was longer than their normal.

Meri just posted on instagram about her miscarriage - indicating "he" would have been 15. So that means 2008. Was that the same year that Christine miscarried?

Seems like 2008-2009 was helluva year - also wondering if that's the year Christine and Meri had their falling out.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

My old brain is confusing dates now. Anyone care to help? When did Robyn meet Kody? Do we know the actual year?

I read somewhere that the show had started and then the air date was delayed for some reason - and that's why Meri's hair is longer in some scenes and shorter for their recreations. And that's also why Robyn's courtship was longer than their normal.

Meri just posted on instagram about her miscarriage - indicating "he" would have been 15. So that means 2008. Was that the same year that Christine miscarried?

Seems like 2008-2009 was helluva year - also wondering if that's the year Christine and Meri had their falling out.

I have in my head that at some time Kody mentioned having a 10 month courtship with Robyn.  I don't think they have ever been fully specific if that includes the 5 minutes of meeting her to proposing to begin the courtship, or if meeting...dancing...eyeing each other up across the room at church etc counted in that 10 months. So the Kody and Robyn meet could have started in the summer (ish) of 2009. Their original spiritual wedding was May 2010.

Filming began at some point in 2009. Meri's hair was longer in only a few scenes and (if memory serves) none of the couch interviews. They filmed celebrating Robyn's birthday (October) and in that scene, Meri had longer hair.

I believe there was a slight mention that it was filming that made the courtship go on because they wanted the planning etc to be filmed, but I don't think they came right out and stated that.

I have always thought that Meri's miscarriage was possibly the reason that they said their relationship had been rocky "before Robyn". Sadly even after Christine had a miscarriage and mentioned also had life threatening hemorrhaging, Kody still pressured Aspyn to pressure Christine to try again, looking at the dates he probably did it quickly after the miscarriage. He tried to convince the world that it was all up to the women, yet he also admitted to pressuring Janelle for another after she had Gabe.

Edited by Roslyn
wrong word
  • Useful 11
16 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I read somewhere (probably Reddit) that the whole family had measles shortly after signing on to do the show, so filming had to be delayed for some time - hence the "courtship" as well.

• Useful 8
19 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

"In women, there does not appear to be an impact on fertility but, data are still being collected and analyzed," said Alan Copperman, MD, FACOG of Progyny, told Romper.

But it could affect a man's reproductive system.

"Males infected with the measles virus can experience testicular inflammation that can permanently interfere with sperm production," Dr. Copperman explained.

It is too bad that it didn't leave Cootie sterile. 

• LOL 12
(edited)

I just hope they minimize the amount of time devoted to the Padron family. I think Tony is very funny on the show, but on the few Patreon videos I watched before I canceled after a month, he came across as conceited, and monopolized the conversations to an annoying degree. He really is similar to Kody, minus the polygamy, pettiness/meanness and receding hairline.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

I just hope they minimize the amount of time devoted to the Padron family. I think Tony is very funny on the show, but on the few Patreon videos I watched before I canceled after a month, he came across as conceited, and monopolized the conversations to an annoying degree. He really is similar to Kody, minus the polygamy, pettiness/meanness and receding hairline.

Mykelti even said she married her father.  That, to me, is not a good thing.

Tony's a controlling little shit, much like Kootie.

• Like 17
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Mykelti even said she married her father.  That, to me, is not a good thing.

Tony's a controlling little shit, much like Kootie.

Not a surprise.  Many times someone will marry an alcoholic for example because a parent was and it is "comfortable" so to speak.

• Like 6

A lot of women are unconsciously attracted to partners that remind them of their fathers. Unfortunately, not always just the good things. Mykelti is a perfect example of doing so.

I’m not 100% sure about Mitch and Caleb. We don’t see a lot of Mitch on the show, but considering his background and the fact that he was open to a polygamous marriage a few years back, tells me that he shares more with Kody than we see on the show. Caleb seems very different but it would not surprise me if he is in fact more conservative and controlling behind closed doors than we think.

• Like 6
21 hours ago, LilyD said:

A lot of women are unconsciously attracted to partners that remind them of their fathers. Unfortunately, not always just the good things. Mykelti is a perfect example of doing so.

I’m not 100% sure about Mitch and Caleb. We don’t see a lot of Mitch on the show, but considering his background and the fact that he was open to a polygamous marriage a few years back, tells me that he shares more with Kody than we see on the show. Caleb seems very different but it would not surprise me if he is in fact more conservative and controlling behind closed doors than we think.

I actually get a good vibe from Mitch. He seemed respectful of Aspyn and not a camera hog (camera shy, if anything). I also admire his mama for getting away from the cult and making a successful, creative life for herself. The fact that she's the person who raised Mitch is a plus imo.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
On 6/1/2023 at 1:14 PM, Roslyn said:

I have in my head that at some time Kody mentioned having a 10 month courtship with Robyn.  I don't think they have ever been fully specific if that includes the 5 minutes of meeting her to proposing to begin the courtship, or if meeting...dancing...eyeing each other up across the room at church etc counted in that 10 months. So the Kody and Robyn meet could have started in the summer (ish) of 2009. Their original spiritual wedding was May 2010.

Filming began at some point in 2009. Meri's hair was longer in only a few scenes and (if memory serves) none of the couch interviews. They filmed celebrating Robyn's birthday (October) and in that scene, Meri had longer hair.

I believe there was a slight mention that it was filming that made the courtship go on because they wanted the planning etc to be filmed, but I don't think they came right out and stated that.

I have always thought that Meri's miscarriage was possibly the reason that they said their relationship had been rocky "before Robyn". Sadly even after Christine had a miscarriage and mentioned also had life threatening hemorrhaging, Kody still pressured Aspyn to pressure Christine to try again, looking at the dates he probably did it quickly after the miscarriage. He tried to convince the world that it was all up to the women, yet he also admitted to pressuring Janelle for another after she had Gabe.

Is it possible that Kody and Robyn had a spiritual, private marriage well before the TLC wedding? Maybe that was the reason Robyn got her full rights in the rotation and the women then pretended to bicker over it for the show?

• Like 4
  • Useful 5
13 hours ago, Just Wondering said:

Is it possible that Kody and Robyn had a spiritual, private marriage well before the TLC wedding? Maybe that was the reason Robyn got her full rights in the rotation and the women then pretended to bicker over it for the show?

I know this has been a theory floating around on Reddit for awhile.  Watching the show, Kody is obviously puppy panting enamoured by Robyn, but in the honeymoon episode he looks at her with lust. I have always thought that they did keep the sexual relationship until after the spiritual marriage.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I know this has been a theory floating around on Reddit for awhile.  Watching the show, Kody is obviously puppy panting enamoured by Robyn, but in the honeymoon episode he looks at her with lust. I have always thought that they did keep the sexual relationship until after the spiritual marriage.

Do you really hate us all that much?!?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9

I think distance made the courting feel like Robyn was in the rotation because she lived so far away, Kody stayed in the area. And then when she moved to the area it was all Kody. Kody had a new 'trying hard' girlfriend for the first time in a decade - he wanted to be with her.

Also because IMO Robyn was a calculating competitive sister wife, she didn't waste anytime filling Kody's head with what was to come in the bedroom (sorry).

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
On 6/5/2023 at 1:10 AM, Teafortwo said:

I actually get a good vibe from Mitch. He seemed respectful of Aspyn and not a camera hog (camera shy, if anything). I also admire his mama for getting away from the cult and making a successful, creative life for herself. The fact that she's the person who raised Mitch is a plus imo.

I agree with you when it comes to the respect he seems to show to Aspyn. And fortunately, he is not an attention whore and camera-lover like Tony. I’m glad he has taken Aspyn out of that toxic family. 

But I’ll admit, I really struggle to see past his polygamous upbringing and his positive views toward polygamy. He said at one point that he was open to the possibility of a polygamous marriage and he is a brother to Vanessa, who is married to Jeff Alldredge from seeking sister wives.  Because of this, I am not 100% sure of Mitch. For Aspyn’s sake, I hope I’m wrong.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

I agree with you when it comes to the respect he seems to show to Aspyn. And fortunately, he is not an attention whore and camera-lover like Tony. I’m glad he has taken Aspyn out of that toxic family. 

But I’ll admit, I really struggle to see past his polygamous upbringing and his positive views toward polygamy. He said at one point that he was open to the possibility of a polygamous marriage and he is a brother to Vanessa, who is married to Jeff Alldredge from seeking sister wives.  Because of this, I am not 100% sure of Mitch. For Aspyn’s sake, I hope I’m wrong.

And I believe another sister on another polygamist TV show that I can't recall the name of.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 6/1/2023 at 10:46 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

"Males infected with the measles virus can experience testicular inflammation that can permanently interfere with sperm production," Dr. Copperman explained.

It is too bad that it didn't leave Cootie sterile. 

It is too bad that it didn't leave Cootie with permanently (and painfully) inflamed balls.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
On 6/3/2023 at 8:09 PM, LilyD said:

Not sure about Mitch and Aspyn, they seem happy together.  I think Maddie has a very stand up for herself personality.  I feel Caleb and Maddie have a pretty good relationship and he doesn't appear to be controlling to me.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Not sure about Mitch and Aspyn, they seem happy together.  I think Maddie has a very stand up for herself personality.  I feel Caleb and Maddie have a pretty good relationship and he doesn't appear to be controlling to me.

I have wondered if Mitch was being tactful for his family. I'm not sure, but I think his dad is polygamous, at least one of his sisters. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Reddit has a link to it.  

To the Instagram post? If so, I used to be able to post Instagram links but as of late I can’t. Not sure why. Perhaps because I use the APP now, that’s the only thing I can think of. 🤷🏼‍♀️

40 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

To the Instagram post? If so, I used to be able to post Instagram links but as of late I can’t. Not sure why. Perhaps because I use the APP now, that’s the only thing I can think of. 🤷🏼‍♀️

It's a Facebook video, probably the same one as you posted.  This may be the most honest and revealing season ever.  Sobbyn boohooing all over the place, same old crap there!  Janelle saying "fuck you" to that jackass, pure gold.

• Like 14
  • Love 2

https://people.com/sister-wives-kody-brown-calls-himself-a-devil-as-robyn-sobs-over-broken-family-7560362

It is beyond pathetic that Meri bothered to have a meeting to tell Robyn and Kody she was leaving. Kody couldn't care less, and Robyn is not really her friend. I'm glad it appears that Meri finally leaves though. 

Kudos to Janelle for telling Kody to fuck off. And still no actual tears from Robyn while crying. 

• Like 18
17 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

https://people.com/sister-wives-kody-brown-calls-himself-a-devil-as-robyn-sobs-over-broken-family-7560362

It is beyond pathetic that Meri bothered to have a meeting to tell Robyn and Kody she was leaving. Kody couldn't care less, and Robyn is not really her friend. I'm glad it appears that Meri finally leaves though. 

Kudos to Janelle for telling Kody to fuck off. And still no actual tears from Robyn while crying. 

Beyond pathetic that she may have reluctantly left, but assured that they knew the door was still open for the faint hope of a reconciliation.

• Like 6