Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

I wonder how the family finances worked, were Christine, Janelle & Meri still contributing to the family "pot" before the mass exodus? I really hope that douche is forced to sell the property and have to split it now with Janelle and Meri. Wait until little mullet-hair Hellraiser & King Sol will have to go without daddy for more than 2 days because he has to shill his guns or whatever at these shows just to pay mortgage and taxes on the mcmansion and apparently Sobbyn's online shopping addiction 

• Like 12
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This is on Kody’s and Meri’s instagrams.

Kody doesn’t use Instagram much, so the post prior to this one was announcing the separation from Christine.

AFFDEC55-DC7E-44D1-B39C-F2B5C08B7FB0.jpeg

Ok I’m confused - not about this  per se, but what does Robyn think her beliefs are about it? 
According to her, Kody and  Christine can’t terminate their spiritual marriage without a church blessing unless Christine has sex with another man.  Robyn used that actual word sex.  Not just have an emotional connection or emotional affair.   
Meri did not have sex with the catfish, and you can bet Meri and Kody haven’t seen a church leader in years … so is Robyn screaming foul yet? 

As to this actual announcement, maybe Meri can     find it in her to enjoy life and be a decent human being. Something that didn’t happen when she was in this hell called polygamy.  Kody doesn’t understand one word of this announcement beyond terminate the marriage.  

• Like 9

Sarah from Realitea Squad said something that gave me great satisfaction...

She said that the the first 3 wives had a youthful, optimistic, happy, Kody, while Robyn is stuck with this grumpy, pessimistic man that we see now. I would add ugly, manic, going off the deep end, Kody.

There really is karma in life. Look at what Robyn "won." I would be scared to death if I was her. Kody really seems to be losing it to me.

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Kody can no longer rant and rave and scream at his first three wives because they no longer feel any obligation to have family meetings or holiday celebrations with the whole family.

How soon til Robyn is the sole recipient of his delusional behaviour ? Is he going to become a micromanager in the name of patriarchy and demand 24/7 obedience so he feels respected ?
She helped create the mess now she has to deal with him by herself. 

• Like 16
  • Applause 3
On 1/8/2023 at 11:58 PM, Soapy Goddess said:

Same here. Tried to go out 2 weeks on the Guide, and no sight of it at all.

If anyone saw part 3 of the "tell all", could you give us a synopsis (or highlights) of what we missed? Thanks in advance.

It’s on Discover+.  If you don’t have, there’s usually a trial period (no cost), and then it’s $4.99 a month.  All seasons of TLC programs are on there.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
51 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Something in the customer service industry, duh!

I work retail and trust me it is not so easy that anyone could do it.  From this statement it sounds like any dullard can do customer service. You probably did not mean that and I probably am a little sensitive to remarks putting down the industry. I have been told that I am to smart for retail and once was told that a monkey could do my job.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 7
15 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I work retail and trust me it is not so easy that anyone could do it.  From this statement it sounds like any dullard can do customer service. You probably did not mean that and I probably am a little sensitive to remarks putting down the industry. I have been told that I am to smart for retail and once was told that a monkey could do my job.

Robyn said, “They’re not looking at it like, ‘Oh, in my marriage, I’m going to treat this person like my best customer.’ In my marriage, when I have a problem, I’m not going to call him a name. I’m not going to hit below the belt. I’m not going to treat him like crap. I’m not going to do the silent treatment”.

Get it now?

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I think maybe people were mentioning retail because Robyn was bragging about Kody being her ‘best customer” on the last episode.

Retail in general I think is extremely hard both physically and mentally.  I could never deal with the public so much.  I don’t have the patience!  I really admire people in customer service because I get irritated just walking in a grocery store and hearing from other customers.

• Like 11
  • Love 2
On 1/9/2023 at 12:22 PM, HeyDougieHowser said:

According to Kodys nephew, Winn was physically abusive. Kody was the disappointing son, the one who hated the cold and the hard work of the ranch and wasn't manly enough.I think Kody went into plural marriage wanting to prove his masculinity to his Dad.

I don’t know anything about Winn. But I think that the Kody of some 40 years ago was an insecure teenager that likely fell short with his peers and possibly his dad. Polygamy was Kody’s way of showing off: Telling the world that he actually was awesome, very masculine, fertile and a highly desirable match. It made him confident and strong in his own little kingdom.

In one episode, they went back to his hometown. Kody clearly expected to be admired and applauded with his 4 wives and all those kids. He thought his school friends would be sick with envy. In truth, they were appalled, condemned his lifestyle and had little interest in rekindling any friendship.  Kody was in total shock when reality finally sunk in. You could see all the cracks in his confidence. He could be King in his plyg kingdom, but cross the border and he literally became the nobody again he had always been.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I think Ginger90 was referring to Robyn's remark that she treats Kody like her 'best customer." 

• Like 11
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Robyn said, “They’re not looking at it like, ‘Oh, in my marriage, I’m going to treat this person like my best customer.’ In my marriage, when I have a problem, I’m not going to call him a name. I’m not going to hit below the belt. I’m not going to treat him like crap. I’m not going to do the silent treatment”.

Get it now?

Yes. I do apologize. I am sorry that I over reacted.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 7
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Or get a job.  Wonder what she is qualified to do?

Sleep? Sure isn't CRYING!  Maybe the nanny needs a NANNY! Better yet....

Sales at the local Victoria's Secret ?

Professional whiner?

• LOL 7
9 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

None of them have been unsealed.  So technically he would still have his planet if he choose to call them through the 

Is the veil to heaven? I mean, that's a huge assumption in light of his treatment of these women and children.

And do they have to answer the call? 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Libby said:

I want to know what's going to happen with the money.

Christine seems to be satisfied with the money that she walked away with.

I hope that things work out financially for Meri and Janelle too.

Well Meri got that b and  b in Utah she just had to have while they were scraping up money to go to Flagstaff, if I remember correctly, so I  wouldn’t worry about her. She know how to get what she wants (except Kodouch).  Christine had a house to sell in Flagstaff. What does Janelle  get????

• Like 6

Despite Kody’s nonsense I think he would find it hard not to have his own planet.  After they’re all gone from this world I speculate he would try and call all his exes through the veil.  Personally, if he did I hope they’d be like 

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

I don’t see how any of them could get spousal support…even if there were spousal support for these spiritual “marriages” Kody would probably be seeking it from them since they probably all out earn him at this point.  I hope they do get their money back from any money put into Robyn’s house and I hope they force a sale of plague pass.  

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

Interesting if true, but I’m not sure. The spousal support sounds ridiculous if you ask me. Technically, these women have been on their own for years and done great, so any claim for spousal support is probably going to fall through because of that. Surely, they must know.

The only truth I see lies in asking lawyers to untangle that financial mess of theirs to get their fair share out of it. Now that would probably make for some interesting tv! I’d love to see Kody forced to sell the land and hopefully his house to compensate Janelle and Meri!*

* Iirc, Meri wanted the family to chip in for that B&B but Kody refused. (It was on the show and left Meri baffled and disappointed) She must have found other ways to finance it as it didn’t come from the family.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Yeah, I absolutely think that IF there are lawyers, it's to unravel the finances. They were all probably equal partners in the business that got the TLC money yet it's not been distributed that way. Janelle knows where those bodies are buried. Both Janelle and Meri are owed money. If I were Christine, I'd be offering support and standing with them but not actually seeking anything.

• Like 12
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

Interesting if true, but I’m not sure. The spousal support sounds ridiculous if you ask me. Technically, these women have been on their own for years and done great, so any claim for spousal support is probably going to fall through because of that. Surely, they must know.

The only truth I see lies in asking lawyers to untangle that financial mess of theirs to get their fair share out of it. Now that would probably make for some interesting tv! I’d love to see Kody forced to sell the land and hopefully his house to compensate Janelle and Meri!*

* Iirc, Meri wanted the family to chip in for that B&B but Kody refused. (It was on the show and left Meri baffled and disappointed) She must have found other ways to finance it as it didn’t come from the family.

They almost did fine financially bc Janelle were single moms with 5-6 kids each and eligible for a lot of assistance. They still all applied for bankruptcy at times. Now that all the kids except Truly and Savannah are grown and kicked out of the nests, plus the decade of Sister Wives incomes, they’re SOL for alimony.  Spousal support, IMO, requires an actual legal spouse, so good luck there. 

• Like 5

I didn't read the article but if the Browns hiring anyone they should be hiring an accountant. The way they've been talking about their house purchases, loans and such makes them a target for the IRS. Add in the MLMs and they're a bigger target.

I do hope Meri and Janelle get the money they loaned back.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

Found this:

Arizona does not recognize common law marriage in any form. As such, cohabitating in Arizona will not create any presumption of marriage and cohabitating couples that are ending their relationship will not be able to use the Arizona divorce/family law process to assist them with dividing property.

• Useful 11
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Found this:

Arizona does not recognize common law marriage in any form. As such, cohabitating in Arizona will not create any presumption of marriage and cohabitating couples that are ending their relationship will not be able to use the Arizona divorce/family law process to assist them with dividing property.

I agree that’s the law and I agree with the spirit of it too. A legal marriage has legal and financial benefits and drawbacks.  It was designed that way.  You don’t get the marriage benefits if you aren’t married.   Of course, you don’t get the legal marriage drawbacks if you aren’t married either.  

The Browns knew all this too.  That why they had to ( or got to) go about property ownership, birth certificates, single mom status, etc  the way they did.  After all, it’s why Meri divorced Kody and Robyn legally married him. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2

James on My Take on Reality said that there are rules regarding withdrawals from an LLC.

He said that if Robyn or Kody were taking unapproved funds out of the business, it is not only unethical, it is a crime.

The original LLC that TLC was paying into had all of the adults names on it. If this is the family account that Janelle was talking about when she said that money was being spent on "other things", Kody and Robyn could be in big trouble.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Even in states that do recognize common-law marriage, cohabiting alone never creates a common-law marriage. 

(Heh--"cohabiting alone."  I mean that just because a couple lives together, or lives together for a certain amount of time (common lore has it at seven years, for some reason), that alone will never establish a common-law marriage.  There are other requirements that must be met in order to establish a common-law marriage.)

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Very few states still recognize any common law marriage at all.  Way back when more states had recognizable common law marriages, it was still one marriage at a time and in addition to actually living together (Kody's situation wouldn't apply) they had to "hold themselves out" to the community as married.  Even with common law, Kody is still married to one woman and had several girl friends.

• Like 8
4 hours ago, Auntie Freeze said:

Yeah, I absolutely think that IF there are lawyers, it's to unravel the finances. They were all probably equal partners in the business that got the TLC money yet it's not been distributed that way. Janelle knows where those bodies are buried. Both Janelle and Meri are owed money. If I were Christine, I'd be offering support and standing with them but not actually seeking anything.

I do not have all the land records, etc...but quite a while ago, I read that  Bonnie sold her house and put the money toward the B&B.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
15 hours ago, LilyD said:

I don’t know anything about Winn. But I think that the Kody of some 40 years ago was an insecure teenager that likely fell short with his peers and possibly his dad. Polygamy was Kody’s way of showing off: Telling the world that he actually was awesome, very masculine, fertile and a highly desirable match. It made him confident and strong in his own little kingdom.

In one episode, they went back to his hometown. Kody clearly expected to be admired and applauded with his 4 wives and all those kids. He thought his school friends would be sick with envy. In truth, they were appalled, condemned his lifestyle and had little interest in rekindling any friendship.  Kody was in total shock when reality finally sunk in. You could see all the cracks in his confidence. He could be King in his plyg kingdom, but cross the border and he literally became the nobody again he had always been.

I think both could be true.  

5 hours ago, LilyD said:

And hopefully that serves her well, disentangled from the Brown franchise.  

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, Auntie Freeze said:

My main take away was that Gabe (at least, Gwen indicated multiple kids) is absolutely done with Kidney.

Oh and gwen was initially going to move in with Gabe and Garrison which is cute.

Except in another breath she says she can't talk about spoilers. So it's hard to tell if she is talking about now or then in most of her comments.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Gwen's podcast. I made it all the way through. She's not telling much, except that Robyn runs that show. Robyn is the patriarch. Lol.

Gwen is so diplomatic. I wonder if that's because her childhood was spent listening to the moms measured responses,  excuses for polygamy, etc. She's amazingly noncommittal, even better than Janelle. 

I like her. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Apparently she has been diagnosed with autism. There's a huge spectrum. I'm guessing she falls more in the, formerly known as, Asperger's, end.

Do we actually know that or is this just something that she threw out there?

• Like 1

She spoke about having been diagnosed in an earlier video. She also said it was possible other family members might be similar but undiagnosed and that was their business. Or sentiment to that effect. This was in response to a question about other family members being on the spectrum, iirc.

Edited by Auntie Freeze
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
14 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Do we actually know that or is this just something that she threw out there?

Someone on here said Gwen suspected autism after seeing a few TikToks, so she went and got evaluated. She was then diagnosed. That's all I know about it.

• Like 6
  • Useful 4

I watched all of Gwen’s podcast.  At marker 19 Gwen says though she was young when the show started, her mom was an outspoken woman and that Kody did not speak down to her  in private.  And, that Kody didn’t bully people for no reason.  Shen then says she is close to Meri and that Meri and Leon are doing better. She didn’t attend Bonnie’s funeral, but wish she had.  She says they all have favorite siblings and her favorite is Ysabell.  She doesn’t have a contract to not speak about certain things.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 4
  • Useful 5