Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Two Photographs

Message added by formerlyfreedom,

Stick to discussion of the episode, please. Discussion or mention of future events is NOT ALLOWED in episode topics, including mention of individuals who have not yet appeared or events that occur in future decades. Posts will be removed without notice that violate forum rules. Repeated violations may incur further sanctions.

• Start Topic

Diana’s blossoming romance with Dodi sees them return to the south of France, getting to know each other on an idyllic cruise away from prying eyes. Or so they think: what they don’t realise is that there’s a photographer in pursuit. Soon, an intimate image of the couple becomes a global tabloid sensation, threatening to derail Diana’s planned trip to Bosnia as part of her campaign against landmines. In Balmoral, meanwhile, Prince Charles’s private secretary senses an opening: he will respond to Diana’s tabloid photo with a staged family photo of Charles and his sons.

Dropping Thursday, November 16, 2023.

You know I just love how only Diana is getting the blame by the royals for all the media frenzy. Not Mou-Mou for orchestrating the relationship with Dodi, not the vulture paparazzi that pick apart every single aspect of her personal life and put it on display, not the staff/servants that sell her out…oh no, it’s all Diana’s fault.

To quote Phillip, SPARE ME.

Even when she’s trying to do good works with land mines, nobody gives a crap about that. All they care about is what she’s wearing, who she’s sleeping with or whether she’s doing something nutty.

It’s so typical that the one civil moment Charles shares with her is followed up by him doing a photo op with the boys to steal back some of the limelight. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 11
32 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

You know I just love how only Diana is getting the blame by the royals for all the media frenzy. Not Mou-Mou for orchestrating the relationship with Dodi, not the vulture paparazzi that pick apart every single aspect of her personal life and put it on display, not the staff/servants that sell her out…oh no, it’s all Diana’s fault.

Do they know Mou-Mou orchestrated the whole thing, though? Not even Dodi knew about it. It really paints his father in a really bad light: he doesn't care about hurting Diana as long as he gets what he wants.

I said it last season and I'll say it again: I'm not a Diana fan, but I'll always respect her work regarding landmines and AIDS patients. She was a brave woman.

I've never heard of the Italian photographer that fancies himself so famous, but he's a vulture indeed, just like the others like him. 

In my opinion, this episode was more balanced than the last one. It still focused on D &D's relationship, but it was more than that.

• Like 9
6 hours ago, Roseanna said:

In the show Dodi's father orders his son to court Diana. But she realized his plan and also knew that Dodi planned to marry someone else. So it's hard to understand why she took any interest in him.

Not really. She was lonely and bored and wanted a fling. That’s all it takes. Plus she knew what it was like to be on the receiving end of family expectations. They had a moment bonding over crappy dads.

Not going to blame her for being naive that she wouldn’t be seen by the paps. Mou-Mou promised her privacy.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 9
4 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Not going to blame her for being naive that she wouldn’t be seen by the paps. Mou-Mou promised her privacy.

Any person of sense knows that there can't privacy outdoors.

Diana even knew it from her own experience: she was photographed in the bikini when pregnant with Wiliam.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Roseanna said:

Any person of sense knows that there can't privacy outdoors.

They were on a yacht in what appeared to be an isolated area.  Diana had been given assurances no one would know where they were.  I can't blame Diana for not presuming someone she thought was a friend was going to betray her.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3

I so hate how they are portraying Mou Mou.  It's over the top and I gather from the Vanity Fair article, not going to get any better.

Of course it is all Diana's fault for trusting someone she thought was her friend...and Dodi sure dropped Kelly like a hot potato for a guy that was so in love with his fiancee.  I'm really uncomfortable with the writing on multiple levels.

• Like 8

I like the recurring thing they've got opening the episodes with some seemingly random person connected to the story. Although I guess the photographer is somewhat more directly connected to the royals than the French guy walking his dog.

I can appreciate that William and Harry both hated photo ops but hard to believe they'd make that much of a fuss over it, having been photographed all their lives, literally. Just one guy taking pictures should have seemed like nothing to them.

That closing shot of Diana on the diving platform was an exact recreation of photos of the real Diana on the Al Fayed yacht, right down to the blue swimsuit.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

A very short episode, only 39 minutes.

Good efforts in recreating some of the iconic moments & photos.

Diana says the WORST day of her life was the day she married a prince. 🤔

A Tabloid Princess vs A Broadsheet Petty Prince.

William tells Diana that Dodi is weird and she should’ve listened to him.

Sadly, Diana is just a pawn in 2 separate games controlled by Mohamed Al-Fayed and the Queen.

“All one wants is for that girl to find peace.”

Really? 🤨

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 5
24 minutes ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

“All one wants is for that girl to find peace.”

Really? 🤨

I believe it. Elizabeth wanting that might have been self-serving, but it would have stopped most of the games on both sides if Diana had been able to live a calmer life.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Diana says the WORST day of her life was the day she married a prince

She also told a land mine victim who lost his legs that she stepped on a land mine the day she married.  I know that line was probably scripted for the show, but it makes her sound incredibly shallow.

• Like 20
  • Applause 2
29 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

She also told a land mine victim who lost his legs that she stepped on a land mine the day she married. I know that line was probably scripted for the show, but it makes her sound incredibly shallow.

Very tone deaf. 😣

• Like 10
9 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

They were on a yacht in what appeared to be an isolated area.  Diana had been given assurances no one would know where they were.  I can't blame Diana for not presuming someone she thought was a friend was going to betray her.

Any person of sense would know that nobody could promise that. A Caribbean island is an isolated area, but yet pictures were taken about Margaret and Roddy in the 60ies. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

She also told a land mine victim who lost his legs that she stepped on a land mine the day she married.  I know that line was probably scripted for the show, but it makes her sound incredibly shallow.

Considering the fact that she was recounting it to Dodi, I think she meant it as a joke. I mean of course she’s aware that her crappy marriage wasn’t in the same as losing your limbs…if she did say that to the land mine victim, I think the context was that she was trying to make him laugh. Inappropriate probably, but sometimes it works.

• Like 10
21 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Considering the fact that she was recounting it to Dodi, I think she meant it as a joke. I mean of course she’s aware that her crappy marriage wasn’t in the same as losing your limbs…if she did say that to the land mine victim, I think the context was that she was trying to make him laugh. Inappropriate probably, but sometimes it works.

Of course she was meant it as a joke - and it succeeded if she had estimated the other person rightly.

People who have experienced the same, often use dark sense of humor with other. To outsiders it's more difficult to know how to behave towards them - but most people don't like pity. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Roseanna said:

Any person of sense would know that nobody could promise that. A Caribbean island is an isolated area, but yet pictures were taken about Margaret and Roddy in the 60ies. 

Margaret's movements weren't secret, and her retreat on Mustique was well known.  As we saw, the only reason the photographer found Diana was because her host betrayed her.

• Like 9
On 11/16/2023 at 2:23 PM, Spartan Girl said:

It’s so typical that the one civil moment Charles shares with her is followed up by him doing a photo op with the boys to steal back some of the limelight. 

Well, they both had tendency to regress to the behavior ways of their marriage. In the first episode Diana couldn't stand that Charles gave a birthday party for Camilla and his spin doctor tried to make her image better, so she went in the motorboat to paparazzi - although William was distressed because of their presence, that doesn't explain that she wore a bathing suit.  

Now Charles was convinced by his spin doctor that Diana had leaked information that he had spent the first weekend of his sons' holiday with Camilla, not with them.

14 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I can appreciate that William and Harry both hated photo ops but hard to believe they'd make that much of a fuss over it, having been photographed all their lives, literally. Just one guy taking pictures should have seemed like nothing to them.

The boys explained that they were teased in the school about kilt pictures. The good side is that they could speak openly with their dad although they were finally persuaded to admit. Plus, when the photo op was made openly, they had at least some control about it.  

It may be that William was old enough to guess that the pictures were aimed to better Charles's image and he hated that he and his brother were used in such a way. Just as he hated paparazzi around the yacht and his mum's kissing pictures in tabloids.

18 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

Margaret's movements weren't secret, and her retreat on Mustique was well known.  As we saw, the only reason the photographer found Diana was because her host betrayed her.

Anybody among the yacht's personal could have betrayed her for money. And any motorboat nearby should have been suspect. 

They would have been safe in the cabin.  

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Roseanna said:

In the first episode Diana couldn't stand that Charles gave a birthday party for Camilla and his spin doctor tried to make her image better, so she went in the motorboat to paparazzi - although William was distressed because of their presence, that doesn't explain that she wore a bathing suit.  

I think Diana was more stung by the fact that Charles was doing such a grand romantic gesture so publicly for Camilla when he never did anything like that for her (and crapped on her whenever she tried to do it for him). Hence why she was so receptive to Dodi’s grand gesture of filling her rooms with roses and invitation to Paris.

As for why would she wear the swimsuit when talking to the paps, I think that was part of the offer: “Here’s some photos of me in my swimsuit now back off my boys.” If a small part of her wanted to upstage Camilla I’m certainly not going to blame her. Charles tried the exact same thing with the party stunt.

Bottom line, Charles had the opportunity to be the bigger person and didn’t. It shouldn’t have mattered if Diana made that crack to the paps, that’s no excuse to do the same thing he always accused her of and using everything for a photo op. At least the photographer he got was a decent and professional person, unlike the tabloid ones.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 6
  • Love 3

The Scottish photographer was so humble and sweet.  It was interesting how they showed that sleazy, flashy Italian photographer, who didn't show any respect for his subjects.

I couldn't believe that Mou Mou asked the staff if Diana and Dodi were sleeping together, and sending a tabloid photographer after them.  I honestly thought that the security guy was on his payroll, but it looks like he worked for Diana. Why didn't he tell that perverted guy to step off?

It was pretty nerve-wracking for Diana to be walking through a landmine field, I wasn't aware that she did that in real life.

I felt terribly for her when the paparazzi she was familiar with made those degrading remarks at such an important event.  I would have dropped Dodi then and there, but she kept on associating with him.  I don't understand her mindset, the guy was still engaged to someone else and he picked up with her so quickly.  That is not a good guy.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1

Say what you will about Diana, she really wasn't afraid to really get hands on with her charity work, like playing with children sick with AIDS at a time when people were still scared to touch AIDS victims, and now walking through ground with actual bombs. A lot of famous people would be happy to write a check and take some pictures but it seems like she really did care. It makes it even more frustrating how all anyone wanted to talk about at her press conference was her dating life and not the important work that was being done. 

Is this show going to end up making Mou Mou responsible for Diana's death, either by starting this heightening of the presses obsession with her or by setting the press on her and Dodi in Paris? He's really gone full on supervillain this season, right up there with that manipulative journalist who got Diana to talk with him. You expect to see him on the phone with that sleazy photographer cackling evilly while petting a white fluffy cat before unleashing his death ray. 

Just when you think Diana and Charles can be at least a tiny bit civil for the kids sake, everything goes back to square one when Diana apparently talked some shit about his parenting and Charles of course refused to take the high ground and had his own spite photography session. The Scottish photographer seemed like such a sweet guy, especially in contrast to the bottom feeders who have been harassing Diana. 

Dodi is clearly no prize, treating his finance like an afterthought and ditching her a few weeks before their wedding for a women he hardly knows, and its not a great look for Diana either. After how hurt she was by Charles's affair you would think that she would not want to be a part of something like that which could hurt a woman like that or be with the kind of man who would pull that, but alas. 

• Like 10
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Elizabeth wanting that might have been self-serving, but it would have stopped most of the games on both sides if Diana had been able to live a calmer life.

Lol who's definition of "calm life"? Lunch with friends like Elton John may feel calm, and normal to Diana but not HMTQ. 

The writers' approach is blowing my mind. What if the whole romance was blown up by the tabloids and Dodi was going to be out of the picture as soon as Diana returned to London? 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I think Diana was more stung by the fact that Charles was doing such a grand romantic gesture so publicly for Camilla when he never did anything like that for her (and crapped on her whenever she tried to do it for him). Hence why she was so receptive to Dodi’s grand gesture of filling her rooms with roses and invitation to Paris.

5 hours ago, peridot said:

I would have dropped Dodi then and there, but she kept on associating with him.  I don't understand her mindset, the guy was still engaged to someone else and he picked up with her so quickly.  That is not a good guy.

3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I think Diana not caring that Dodi had a fiancée was proof that she had no intention of having anything with him but a brief Summer fling. 

1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Dodi is clearly no prize, treating his finance like an afterthought and ditching her a few weeks before their wedding for a women he hardly knows, and its not a great look for Diana either. After how hurt she was by Charles's affair you would think that she would not want to be a part of something like that which could hurt a woman like that or be with the kind of man who would pull that, but alas. 

I think it was strange that the show chose the line that Diana knew from the beginning that Dodi was engaged to married but didn't care a bit. Evidently she needed constant attention and adulation. 

It's not the example that a person has a different moral standards to herself and others.

• Like 5
On 11/16/2023 at 5:22 PM, iMonrey said:

That closing shot of Diana on the diving platform was an exact recreation of photos of the real Diana on the Al Fayed yacht, right down to the blue swimsuit.

Most of the magazine photos they are showing are re-creations of actual Diana photos....There was one of her sitting on a sofa in a red suit that was well known.  She wore a lot of red.  And she was wearing the same navy Virgin Atlantic sweatshirt in the last jet photo with Dodi that she had been photographed in several times.  The attention to detail in her fashions is just exceptional. 

What strikes me so ridiculous is that the cataclysmic treachery of Diana kissing a guy is so much worse than the world hearing about Charles being taped, telling his mistress on the phone, that he wanted to be her tampon.....I mean, really?  WTAF? 

• Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
7 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

What strikes me so ridiculous is that the cataclysmic treachery of Diana kissing a guy is so much worse than the world hearing about Charles being taped, telling his mistress on the phone, that he wanted to be her tampon.....I mean, really?  WTAF? 

Well, people aren't consistent. 

If one approves the principle that people should have privacy, then it should apply to everybody, whether we like people or not, unless there are a very strong reasons against it, the so called "public's right to know" (a crime, or a politician says on thing and does another thing).   

11 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

I’ll take sexism and double-standards for 100, Alex!

14 hours ago, Roseanna said:

I think it was strange that the show chose the line that Diana knew from the beginning that Dodi was engaged to married but didn't care a bit. Evidently she needed constant attention and adulation. 

It's not the example that a person has a different moral standards to herself and others.

At least Diana expressed some compassion for Dodi’s jilted fiancée, unlike Camilla, who just fretted how bad the affair would make her look. And while Diana was aware that Dodi was kind of using her to please his dad, well, maybe she was using him a little too. Like I said before, she was lonely and bored and wanted some fun, and here comes her rich friend’s rich cute son who’s nice, can relate to her issues, and clearly having second thoughts about getting married…I’m not saying it’s right, but as we say, it takes two to tango, and on some level, she did the fiancée a huge favor.

At least Dodi broke it off with his fiancée, though it would have been better had the tabloids not beat him to the punch.  

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 9
10 hours ago, lovinbob said:

Why was it such a big problem that Mohammed wanted to be a citizen? 

He was denied citizenship more than once because of illegal activities such as under-the-table payments to members of Parliament to advance his business ventures.  He was deemed "not a fit person" to become a citizen.

• Like 2
  • Useful 12

Getting to the part in The Crown that I remember vividly in real life. I think they are really twisting history with all of the co-parenting talk from Charles. I doubt they had such a friendly of a relationship at that time in their lives. This may just be a way of showing that C and D were in a good place before she died. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Maire said:

Getting to the part in The Crown that I remember vividly in real life. I think they are really twisting history with all of the co-parenting talk from Charles. I doubt they had such a friendly of a relationship at that time in their lives. This may just be a way of showing that C and D were in a good place before she died. 

I think it's important to remember that what we are seeing is what the show's creators imagine to be their thoughts and private conversations. Granted, a lot of this was public behavior but a lot of it wasn't.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, Maire said:

While I obviously don't know their personal interactions with each other, it seems from the books I've read and docs I've watched, that, while their personal issues may have gotten in the way and affected their parenting, both of them really loved the boys and wanted to be better parents then their parents were. It also seems like one of the things they could come together on, so I can see them having a discussion about being successful coparents and what it would take. I can't remember where I heard this, but I remember hearing that at this point, before she died, they were actually reaching out to each other for parenting discussion/advice. Whatever their issues were with each other, they wanted to do right by their sons.

• Like 16

I love the Scottish photographer parts.  What a contrast with the sleazy Italian one.

I've never been a big Diana fan and watch this show for Queen Elizabeth more than anything else.  Although a lot of the time it seems that she seems to be just a side character here.

• Like 5
15 hours ago, Linderhill said:

I've never been a big Diana fan and watch this show for Queen Elizabeth more than anything else.  Although a lot of the time it seems that she seems to be just a side character here.

She certainly has been since the story moved onto Charles and Diana. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
On 11/16/2023 at 4:23 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Even when she’s trying to do good works with land mines, nobody gives a crap about that. All they care about is what she’s wearing, who she’s sleeping with or whether she’s doing something nutty.

The Ringer Prestige podcast discusses the first two episodes of season 6.

They said at the land mines press conference, she did not get personal questions.

In fact the raw footage of that press conference, she was asked serious questions about the cause, not her personal life.

So they probably took license with this.

The first guy who sold his photos of them kissing on the yacht was based on a real-life paparazzo who made at least $5 million from licensing his photos to media around the world.

The Duncan, guy, the royalty fan, is apparently not based on a real photographer.

But this episode was smart about the huge celebrity industry which had blown up at this time.

In fact, no celebrity photos have been more valuable since, since with her death, the madness dissipated.

• Useful 4
On 11/16/2023 at 10:37 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

On 11/16/2023 at 11:08 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

Very tone deaf. 😣

I thought it was a great line and imagined the guy laughing heartily at it. He would know she was joking while at the same time, she did kinda step on a metaphorical landline that exploded and changed her life then.

On 11/17/2023 at 8:50 AM, txhorns79 said:

Yeah, Diana's been through enough to not be too surprised that somebody took a picture of her when she thought she was in a secluded spot outdoors. Wasn't the guy's boat in the water too?

On 11/17/2023 at 3:22 PM, tennisgurl said:

Is this show going to end up making Mou Mou responsible for Diana's death, either by starting this heightening of the presses obsession with her or by setting the press on her and Dodi in Paris? He's really gone full on supervillain this season, right up there with that manipulative journalist who got Diana to talk with him. You expect to see him on the phone with that sleazy photographer cackling evilly while petting a white fluffy cat before unleashing his death ray. 

Bond villain is exactly what this guy is at this point. And Dodi's pathetic. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, aghst said:

The Ringer Prestige podcast discusses the first two episodes of season 6.

They said at the land mines press conference, she did not get personal questions.

In fact the raw footage of that press conference, she was asked serious questions about the cause, not her personal life.

So they probably took license with this.

I wouldn't belittle it as license, when it was actually lied that the media wasn't interested in her work at all.  

Thank you for info.

• Like 2
On 11/16/2023 at 6:22 PM, iMonrey said:

They were used to being photographed at functions, and the paparazzi sneaking shots of them. But an afternoon in the woods with their father being turned into a coordinated photoshoot was probably more unusual.

I think they were also aware (or at least suspicious) that their father had an ulterior motive.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Blakeston said:

They were used to being photographed at functions, and the paparazzi sneaking shots of them. But an afternoon in the woods with their father being turned into a coordinated photoshoot was probably more unusual.

On the contrary. There were many official photoshoots about the whole family, and after the divorce both Charles and Diana on holiday promised a photoshoot if paparazzi leave boys alone after that.

• Like 2
On 11/17/2023 at 9:07 AM, Roseanna said:

Anybody among the yacht's personal could have betrayed her for money. And any motorboat nearby should have been suspect. 

Right. It was the only boat around, moored, but nobody fishing or swimming from it. They should have been able to see it. 

• Like 2
On 11/21/2023 at 2:20 AM, Roseanna said:

On the contrary. There were many official photoshoots about the whole family, and after the divorce both Charles and Diana on holiday promised a photoshoot if paparazzi leave boys alone after that.

I think the boys could tell the difference between the standard “here we all are in the countryside” family photo ops, and Charles saying “I know it was just supposed to be us the three of us out here, but let’s bring in a photographer at the last minute.”

I don’t think he could successfully convince them it was being done to placate the paparazzi, either. The paparazzi wouldn’t be satisfied by that one photographer getting access.

1 hour ago, Blakeston said:

I think the boys could tell the difference between the standard “here we all are in the countryside” family photo ops, and Charles saying “I know it was just supposed to be us the three of us out here, but let’s bring in a photographer at the last minute.”

He already told that he was going to say to his sons: "I have been promised that we can be in peace if we allow one photo ops." And just that had regularly happened before.

Balmoral was usually safe, but Diana had been tried to picturerd when she (only an unknown girl at that time) dated Charles.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Roseanna said:

He already told that he was going to say to his sons: "I have been promised that we can be in peace if we allow one photo ops." And just that had regularly happened before.

Balmoral was usually safe, but Diana had been tried to picturerd when she (only an unknown girl at that time) dated Charles.

He said it, but I don’t think the boys believed it. It would be plausible if he was letting all of the paparazzi get some photos, in exchange for going away. But those cutthroat photographers couldn’t be bribed by the promise that a sweet old man would got some nice shots.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

He said it, but I don’t think the boys believed it. It would be plausible if he was letting all of the paparazzi get some photos, in exchange for going away. But those cutthroat photographers couldn’t be bribed by the promise that a sweet old man would got some nice shots.

What a lot of Americans don't get is that the British press and the Royal family would have agreed to this but not the European/American press/paparazzi, so yes they would have been left alone by the photographers once the newspapers had these pictures and they were all given access to them. 

Also the newspapers who the paparazzi sell their pictures to wouldn't buy any photos from them at the time once the agreement was made as they would never get authorized access/photo ops again. 

• Like 2

I'm hate watching at this point. Why did they have to turn The Crown into The Diana Story? Such a stupid thing to do, when it would have been so much better to focus on the Queen, Prince Phillip and the family reactions. Or the relationship between the Queen and the Prime Minister, always the best part of the show. Instead they decided to make a show about Diana's final days filled with inaccuracies and conspiracy theories. I.Dont.Get.It. Bring back The Crown, please!

Edited by maddie965
  • Like 6
  • Applause 8
4 hours ago, maddie965 said:

I'm hate watching at this point. Why did they have to turn The Crown into The Diana Story? Such a stupid thing to do, when it would have been so much better to focus on the Queen, Prince Phillip and the family reactions. Or the relationship between the Queen and the Prime Minister, always the best part of the show. Instead they decided to make a show about Diana's final days filled with inaccuracies and conspiracy theories. I.Dont.Get.It. Bring back The Crown, please!

Probably because they think that the majority of people want to see that( particularly the American audience). I didn't really care then (volunteered to work the day of the funeral) & care even less now.

Edited by Shrek
  • Like 7
On 11/27/2023 at 3:06 AM, Shrek said:

Probably because they think that the majority of people want to see that( particularly the American audience). I didn't really care then (volunteered to work the day of the funeral) & care even less now.

I didn't care either and did nightshift the day she died. Most people I knew were totally over her way before her death.

On 11/16/2023 at 11:23 PM, Spartan Girl said:

To quote Phillip, SPARE ME.

Diana did however play the media a lot and was their darling. I think she was getting the blame because "Mou Mou" was really a non entity to them even though they were aware of him as he tried to ingratiate himself into their sphere.He really just didn't matter enough to them to even blame him. 

I have always been skeptical about Diana and even when she did charity work it seemed to be all about herself and image. 

I don't think Charles was into the idea of the photo as portrayed in the ep. 

Edited by LadyIrony
  • Like 2
(edited)

I do think this season is focusing too much on Diana. Maybe because I lived it, I'm kinda bored. I feel Elizabeth Debecki was so lauded here that they felt they had to milk it and extend this story. I'd rather they started this season after Diana's death - I don't feel this is adding much to the conversation.

I'm much more interested in the Queen and what's going on with her as that stuff wasn't in the press as much. I like the subtle stories about events they dealt with and it was more focused on character, not what happened. I realize Diana's death was a thing for them to deal with, but I don't need multiple episodes leading up to it.

Edited by xander874
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1