Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E13: The Elephant in the Room

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

My grandfather had a rough childhood and all of the siblings backed up that they all had it rough. Abuse, children of a violent alcoholic and extreme poverty. Yet my great aunt was the youngest and she said that her childhood was perfect. She told stories of trips to buy ice cream with her father and him buying her ribbons for her hair. There were so many fights when the other siblings would yell at her and call her a liar but she held fast about these joyous experiences with her father.

A favorite professor of mine was fond of saying that “every sibling grows up in a different family.” I think it’s true. There are so many factors; everyone remembers things through their own lens. Like a lot of things in life, there is no single “truth” but just different experiences of the reality.

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 11/13/2023 at 1:03 PM, Granny58 said:

I'm not sure of my facts either, but I think he needs 3 wives in order to be at the highest celestial level.  Anybody know for sure?

So, I don't know a freaking THING about all this "celestial" business but does the fact that Douchecanoe doesn't have but one wife now mean HE"S NOT GETTING THAT PLANET????  WHOA!  Now THIS is completely hilarious!

Guess they'll ALL be in same old heaven as the rest of us??

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

Did Meri's red top remind anyone of their high school graduation gown?  It did me.  My grad gown was orange, but my daughter's was red, and it just looked like that to me.

@Roslyn, I love your post.  Kootie is a great example of a fun-sucker!  His adopted daughters and their mother just give off a gloomy vibe that's almost scary.  It's just very weird, and no way would I want to spend any time with them.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

@General Days i don’t know how much Janelle has contributed, but she donated an inheritance to help pay for the Lehi house, and she and Kody said they cashed in their retirement accounts to fund the move to Vegas.  I agree buying the RV was a bad idea. 

somehow the title for this episode must refer to the dinner a few seasons back where someone mentioned the “pink elephant” in the room.  I am too sleepy to try to figure it out. 

• Like 6

Please review the pinned comments at the top of the forum. Speculation regarding any sort of relationship outside of a familial one between Kody and his children, or speculation regarding Kody grooming his children is not allowed on Primetimer, unless or until a present adult makes a public statement to that fact. 

• Useful 2

I would like to hear from Mykelti on why Kody's behavior towards her siblings is okay but Meri's is not. 

I'm pretty sure the 10 second Talking Head interview we saw of Breanna and Aurora was part of another interview they showed in a previous episode. I think the outfits they wore were the same. 

The timeline for this show is all kinds of screwed up. Kody saw Janelle's new apartment in the last episode, but now they are saying that was 10 months ago. And I don't think they meant 10 months since Kody slept there. I think they mean 10 months since he was there at all. It's like the editors hate this show and are mixing things up on purpose. 

The rest of the episode was boring. They are jumping ahead in time quickly because they don't have enough content to fill multiple hour-long episodes. I guess next week is when we finally get the Robyn I Wanted to Sit on the Porch crying scene. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

I guess next week is when we finally get the Robyn I Wanted to Sit on the Porch crying scene. 

I swear that we’ve been seeing that since last season after the the group scene at Christine’s house.    Surely it’s just recycled footage and wasn’t originally filmed when Meri finally pulls the plug 

• Like 9
On 11/13/2023 at 5:52 AM, Orcinus orca said:

The biggest problem is that the entire hour is filled with absolutely nothing.  They have run out of ideas, even producer driven.  This turkey is done, time to call it quits.

They just need to show us the real gd story!  Here is what I would also like to see:

Kody without the creative fluffing of his hair.  The Bozo ring is pathetically hilarious.

Robyn's real eyebrows.

Unfiltered Meri.  She has more tea to spill.

Janelle <see Meri>

Christine <see Meri> 

Just because it is the holiday season, Airing of the grievances and feats of strength.  Not sure who gets the honor of having the Festivus pole in their yard.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, goofygirl said:

So, I don't know a freaking THING about all this "celestial" business but does the fact that Douchecanoe doesn't have but one wife now mean HE"S NOT GETTING THAT PLANET????  WHOA!  Now THIS is completely hilarious!

Guess they'll ALL be in same old heaven as the rest of us??

as of this episode, he still has 3 "spiritual" wives (M, R and J).  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 11/13/2023 at 8:14 AM, Emmeline said:

Aurora drank the kool aid.  I haven’t seen Robyn making any effort to keep the wives with Kody.  Her bestie was Meri and she’s barely contacted her during the last 3 years or so, even though she knew Meri was alone.  

Kody thinks the kids want to be in contact with him but not Robyn.  I think he’s got that wrong.  Many don’t like Robyn but it boils down to Kody.  No one is trying to break Kody and Robyn up, the damage is done.

Meri’s scenes are pretty boring.  Christine & Janelle rely on their kids for subject matter and Meri doesn’t.  Im not a big Meri fan but does anyone know what she did that none of the kids seem to care?  I’ve seen enough of Tony and Mykelti during this season.

SAME!  Yoohoo, TLC! Quit trying to make Myktony/Tonelti happen.  I have not read or heard anyone say we gotta get more of those two.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 8
On 11/13/2023 at 2:55 PM, OldWiseOne said:

Seems highly likely to me that Crybrows didn't think it would be "safe" for her chicken tenders to be on the call. Who knows what the OG13 might have said or done!

I find it gross how much control Crybrows has over her adult children.  The fact she doesn't think the original recipe kids are safe to be around hers is just the invitation I would need to cease trying to get together ever again.  Why bother?   Arieola can call Sol or Crybrows One and Two when she needs bail money someday.  Which will probably be because she had some poor person in a headlock.    

• Like 8
  • LOL 6
19 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Janelle may have started out as simply an overly-trusting plural family cash cow, I agree.   And yes, she seems to finally see how many mistakes she made.  Finally!  I just wish her insight had come from an intelligent realization of where she went wrong and not from the hurt resuting from being ignored by Kody.    But I guess ten months of being ghosted will do that to even the most stubborn person unless your name is Meri Brown.

Sadly, I fear Janelle might still be Kody's stooge if he had only thrown her a crumb somewhere in those ten months.   I wonder, if he had made the slightest effort to set up even one counseling session, would she still be lusting after his pecs and abs?  lol   Would I say she was actually dickmatized and that explains her  behavior?  Possibly.  She seemed willing to languish and wither on the vine much the same way Meri did.  I'm just glad she finally recognized Kody was done with her, too, and she didn't waste years like Meri. 

Maybe now that she has nothing to lose, she will find the guts to drag Kody to court and get back some of her money that he and his soul mate spent on ugly shirts and baubles.   Before they blow what's left on perms, facelifts and injectibles! 

Speaking of, does it look to anyone else that Kooter got his eyes done?  The lids aren't as heavy as they used to be.  His face is also a bit more sculpted.  Hmmmm...

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

Speaking of, does it look to anyone else that Kooter got his eyes done?  The lids aren't as heavy as they used to be.  His face is also a bit more sculpted.  Hmmmm...

Maybe Kody looks better because he is out of polygamy, and as bad as polygamy is for women, it doesn't really work as a family structure for the men either. I think all 5 Brown adults are better off without polygamy. But I feel badly for the 18 kids that have to live in the aftermath of the mess that was created. 

I noticed in this episode that Kody seems happier and is laughing more easily too, just like Christine, Janelle, and Meri. It's too bad he can't be adult enough to fix things with his kids and be a decent divorced dad instead of the typical ass who has moved on and doesn't really care much about his original kids. That crap he spewed about how his children can't come between him and Robyn was just awful.

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6
On 11/14/2023 at 7:30 AM, ginger90 said:

The fact I can’t stand Mykelti is solidified each week.

Clearly, Mykelti will never forgive her mother for not welcoming Tony with open arms. She seems hell bent on punishing her, forever.  They’d only been dating for about four months, so when she announced they were engaged, it was logical that her family would be skeptical.  Mykelti appeared angry when she didn’t receive the same type of reaction as Maddie, when she announced her engagement to Caleb.  I can’t help but wonder if Robyn would have been so “warm and welcoming to Tony", if it were one of her Princesses. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Just because it is the holiday season, Airing of the grievances and feats of strength.  Not sure who gets the honor of having the Festivus pole in their yard.  

Ooh! Ooh ooh! I know where we can put the festivus pole. 😂

• Fire 2
  • LOL 22
On 11/14/2023 at 8:06 PM, ladyscorpio said:

I agree 100%. Especially about purchasing the RV, that's a huge expensive mistake!!

I've been wondering if that was a panic move to stop Kidney and Sobyn getting their hands on her savings to pay off Coyote Pass for them.

• Like 6
  • Useful 7
12 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

His mouth has bugged me since S14. Its probably botox, but the corners are tighter and one side turns down a little more.

Edited by Art Of Noiz
Correcting auto correct.
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
On 11/13/2023 at 7:05 PM, xls said:

He looked so happy when spending time with his bestie though! 

I agree… He literally gets giddy whenever he’ has a play date with one of his buddies… it creeps me out.

It’s like he never matured emotionally past the age of 12.

Hubby has friends but when they get together it’s usually to play golf or go to a hockey game or other sporting event, he DOESN’T giggle like a school girl while they do the secret handshake and scream “No Girls Allowed!!!”  

Kody’s such a child!!! Ugh!! 🙄

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 11/14/2023 at 8:55 PM, Roslyn said:

He is the pink elephant gorilla CAVEman who sucks the fun right out of a room.

Excellent post, @Roslyn.  I just made a tiny change to your very accurate description of Kody.  Also, if we ever need a title change for that guy, "Pink Elephant Gorilla Caveman Fun Sucker" suits him just fine.

@nosedive....your paragraph about Genielle was perfection and a genuine pleasure to read!!

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 9
  • LOL 1
On 11/15/2023 at 10:41 AM, Natalie68 said:

I noticed this too, he probably had botox. His eyes also look different to me than they used to, his pupils look darker and black. He has beady, black shark eyes now.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, ladyscorpio said:

His eyes also look different to me than they used to, his pupils look darker and black. He has beady, black shark eyes now.

His eyes give me the creeps even when he doesn't say anything, which is rare. Combine that with the scowl we usually see and I would go running if he showed up near me.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
On 11/15/2023 at 11:22 AM, Natalie68 said:

I find it gross how much control Crybrows has over her adult children.  The fact she doesn't think the original recipe kids are safe to be around hers is just the invitation I would need to cease trying to get together ever again.  Why bother?   Arieola can call Sol or Crybrows One and Two when she needs bail money someday.  Which will probably be because she had some poor person in a headlock.    

Her high school homeroom teacher tried to get that binkie away from her!

19 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I agree… He literally gets giddy whenever he’ has a play date with one of his buddies… it creeps me out.

It’s like he never matured emotionally past the age of 12.

Hubby has friends but when they get together it’s usually to play golf or go to a hockey game or other sporting event, he DOESN’T giggle like a school girl while they do the secret handshake and scream “No Girls Allowed!!!”  

Kody’s such a child!!! Ugh!! 🙄

They do that on the golf course! KIDDING!

• Fire 1
  • LOL 7
On 11/14/2023 at 6:55 PM, Roslyn said:

Christine has daddy issues and all too often, conversations between her a Kody have had a feel of a father/daughter talk vs husband/wife.

There was a scene a season or two back, where Christine and Kody have a talk at Coyote Pass and she clams up and walks away saying the conversation was "not safe" when Kody mentions moving back to Utah and seeing her father- can anyone give context?

On 11/21/2023 at 12:24 PM, KateHearts said:

There was a scene a season or two back, where Christine and Kody have a talk at Coyote Pass and she clams up and walks away saying the conversation was "not safe" when Kody mentions moving back to Utah and seeing her father- can anyone give context?

I remember several seasons ago when Christine was wanting to go back to Utah and visit her dad who wasn't in the best of health and that's when Kody snapped at "You want to go on a vacation, save your grocery money".  Rude and disrespectful, as per usual with Kody.  And then this second situation happened around Covid so I don't if by saying "you wouldn't be able to see him anyways" Kody was referring to Covid restrictions or something else.  Christine hasn't mentioned her dad much since so I don't know if he's still with us or what their relationship is like. 

ETA: Apparently her dad walked her down the aisle last month so it sounds like they're very close.  Glad to hear it!

Edited by WhatsUpDummy
  • Sad 4
3 minutes ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Christine hasn't mentioned her dad much since so I don't know if he's still with us or what their relationship is like. 

Along with Paedon, her father walked her down the aisle last month.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
On 11/22/2023 at 10:46 AM, WhatsUpDummy said:

I remember several seasons ago when Christine was wanting to go back to Utah and visit her dad who wasn't in the best of health and that's when Kody snapped at "You want to go on a vacation, save your grocery money".

What is it with that jackass and thinking people wanting to help out family members with medical needs is a vacation?

• Like 11