Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E11: My Big Fat Dental Adventure

• Start Topic

It's been said before but how devoid of content can this show be? I mean, a dentist appointment, (x3), a parent's Doctor's appointment, and a dramatic trip to a car wash. Not all in the same episode mind you - gotta spread out the excitement.

And, similar to a lot of malignant narcs who continue to succeed regardless of bad behavior karma will meet up with them. That's what I think a lot of us are hoping will happen...and soon.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Quof said:

What's with the "finally"? Hasn't she had the braces removed before? 

I thought she had them removed already. too. Althoughin the episodes they are showing now she seems to have them still. Maybe a time jump backward???

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Anyone else thinking that when this show gets canceled (more like praying, but still) that Whitney will move over to the 90 Day Fiance franchise and keep her big fat fabulous life going strong for probably a few seasons more?

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
28 minutes ago, CainF said:

Anyone else thinking that when this show gets canceled (more like praying, but still) that Whitney will move over to the 90 Day Fiance franchise and keep her big fat fabulous life going strong for probably a few seasons more?

I think for that show you have to actually produce a fiance 😁

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, princelina said:

I think for that show you have to actually produce a fiance 😁

What about Williams from one of the ridiculous incarnations of 90 Day Fiance? 

Edited by BAForever
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I don't know about you all, but I am clearly excited for Glenn to finally give old Twit a nice verbal beat-down. 

I'm definitely in for that one!! I just hope he is firm enough with her that she will back the he11 off bossing him around!

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

OMG! I just really. want to slap her into next Tuesday!! She is not the keeper of her dad! He is a full functioning adult able to make his own decisions on what he wants to see in Switzerland and who he wants to see it with! 

She was a total snot about the eye dr too. Hunter had every right to be mad she didn't share any info with him about Glen's check up!  She would be all over him if he did that to her!

Oh gawd, she thinks she runs this family!!

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

Ugh, I hate how she speaks to her father.  It’s so condescending and self-aggrandizing, but that’s literally Whitney in a nutshell.  I also have parents in their late 70s with a laundry list of health issues, including my mom’s rapidly declining (and completely untreated) cognitive function, but I don’t treat her like she’s a naughty toddler that I have to “manage.”  Hell, when I had a naughty toddler, I didn’t treat her like this.  Whitney strips Glenn of his dignity at every turn.  It’s tough to watch.  Glenn, for real, blink three times at the camera if you need us to come and get you.  This poor man. 

Edited by VioletNevermind
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 9
  • Love 3

@VioletNevermind so true. She is so disrespectful of her dad! It does look like Glen is finally getting tired of her being the CEO of the family. I think Hunter is over her too. "Whitney is ruining this trip and this is only day one!"

Oh geeze! She lifts up her skirt and blows cool air on her hoo ha!! Yikes!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Pi237 said:

She’s so annoying with this “Me Me Me I do it All!” Attitude.  It’s ALL about her. She’s Exhausting. 

Yes, so exhausting!  I watched this show for the first time tonight. I've always seen ads for it but it just never interested me at all. I knew of course that her Mom died and that she gained an older half sister, thanks to her Dad. I was sitting here, it came on and I decided to check it out.  OMG she is so over the top annoying, just so loud and abrasive. That was hilarious when they boarded the train and she told everyone they would have to 'be quiet' lol.  Also I couldn't believe ALL the luggage she had for herself! I try to imagine having her for a family member and I just can't and nor would I ever consider going on a trip anywhere with her.  Why is she always wearing those tight tank tops, I gather she lost a lot of weight but she is still obese.... and it's not like she is one of those really pretty big girls, she's not even that.  Does she have a career or just a reality show?               

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

OMG! I just really. want to slap her into next Tuesday!! She is not the keeper of her dad! He is a full functioning adult able to make his own decisions on what he wants to see in Switzerland and who he wants to see it with! 

She was a total snot about the eye dr too. Hunter had every right to be mad she didn't share any info with him about Glen's check up!  She would be all over him if he did that to her!

Oh gawd, she thinks she runs this family!!

She seems to be a total control freak with everyone, she is too annoying.  Did the Dad move in with her after his wife died?  if so, what a bad move, if he wants company he should move to a retirement community and have some fun and get away from her.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, endure said:

She seems to be a total control freak with everyone, she is too annoying.  Did the Dad move in with her after his wife died?  if so, what a bad move, if he wants company he should move to a retirement community and have some fun and get away from her.

I think it was more like Whitney made him move in with her. She "had" to clear out her mom's things (with no input from Glen) and get Hunter to clean out the downstairs bedroom that he had been staying in while in Greensboro, because she felt Glen needed to use the downstairs bedroom. When Babs was alive, Twit tried to force them to move downstairs and they refused. Now that she is the "boss" she wants him downstairs.

I think she thinks he shouldn't stay in his own home w/out her reorganizing everything the way she thinks it should be and he is "over" his grief. She has no clue that never really completely happens, it lives on in your heart the rest of your life quietly in the background. BTDT.

She so needs to get over herself!

• Like 6
  • Hugs 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, endure said:

Why is she always wearing those tight tank tops, I gather she lost a lot of weight but she is still obese.... and it's not like she is one of those really pretty big girls, she's not even that.  Does she have a career or just a reality show?               

Haha that's her permanent wardrobe -  you should have seen her in it 100 lbs ago! 😂

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, PupCal said:

So, what exactly did she do that Glenn got super pissed off about? Honestly, from my perspective, the one "ruining" the trip is Glenn.

He  misinterpreted her facial expression. I found the preview where he says, "Whitney's in the ER and this could ruin the trip" kind of weird. That's his daughter in the ER. Of course, that's just the preview. Maybe he could tell her nicely to stop being so bossy. Maybe something like "I need you to take a backseat this trip." I can understand his wanting to look like the head of the family, not her.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, PupCal said:

So, what exactly did she do that Glenn got super pissed off about? Honestly, from my perspective, the one "ruining" the trip is Glenn.

You can tell by the look on Glenn's face every time Whitney says she's the CEO of the family that he's not liking it at all.  I think what sent him over the edge is the way she was treating everyone like special needs children that can't function without her.  She was being a snit to Angie and the rest and he chastised her for it and she must have rolled her eyes or something and he didn't like the way she looked at him.  I'm glad he's finally putting his foot down and letting her know that she's not the boss of him.  He should do it more often.

Edited by swankie
  • Like 11
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, PupCal said:

I didn’t see anything that Whitney did that precipitated Glenn’s getting mad at her 🤷‍♀️ 

(Of course she was plenty irritating before then, but at that time, nothing really happened, that we were shown.)

• Like 6

"He's mad at me cuz I won't let him take 2 full sized suitcases".   Shut up, Whitney.  

And typical TLC editing monkeys - just like 90 Day Fiance - where everyone's luggage "disappears", ie is being wrangled by production staff while the stars prance about unfettered, the backpack Whitney had on the train platform is not the one she had when getting in the car at home.... 

Edited by Quof
  • Like 7

Whit is infantilizing Glenn like he has dementia and has to be told every single step to everything.  Yes,  like a toddler also. I think the blow up was an accumulation of her bossiness and rudeness to everyone from the drive to the airport forward. 

The Alabama cousins seem fun and I would definitely want to hang with them more than her if I were Glenn or Hunter. Whit is the tour director or teacher that everyone avoids and eventually ignores because they're a drag, and here they are adults. 

Loud braying Whit telling everyone to be quiet on the train is rich,  too. 

That "favorite daughter" crap and correcting Glenn and everyone and me, me, me is exhausting too. 

Glenn will probably take the niece or one of the nephews to see the die cutter, I hope. And Whit will never let him hear the end of it.

I guess Glen is reapng the bounty of his spoiling Whit, as Babs has mentioned more than once.  So I feel only a little bit sorry for him, especially if he doesn't speak up and tell her.  Elder abuse ? No. But fucking annoying? Yes. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

I also wanted to add that I love the Alabama relatives coming along on this trip vs. Her pandering sycophantic friends who have to kow tow to Whit's demented out-of- control CONTROL freak outs cuz they want/need the $ from the show.

The niece/nephews/ cousins/whatever are normal, fun young people too. Much more ebtertaining than the rapidly approaching middle age barnacles who focus on Whit's look-at-me, look-at-me neediness. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Mollywolly555 said:

Loud braying Whit telling everyone to be quiet on the train is rich,  too. 

Despite being a travel savant, Whitney booked them in a Quiet Car - no mobile devices, minimal whispered conversation only...   Anyone who has ever taken a train in Europe understands this. So what in the hell was their loud party of 8, not to mention camera crew, doing in that car? 

• Like 7
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1

I always find her annoying, but in this episode I wanted Hunter to "Push Mamma from the Train" She is an absolute control freak on this trip and looks absolutely stupid with her tour guide flag and barking orders at everyone. I think she pissed Glenn off early on with the suitcase stuff and she does continue to infantize him. It would be in his best interest to either move back to his old house or find a smaller place far away from her. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, PupCal said:

I wondered that too, I think he didn't like how she looked at him.  I totally got it lol - my family can be like that too especially under stress and traveling is just so stressful, and with a group, it's like herding cats.  But of course to create more drama they make it into something bigger than it is.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, swankie said:

You can tell by the look on Glenn's face every time Whitney says she's the CEO of the family that he's not liking it at all.  I think what sent him over the edge is the way she was treating everyone like special needs children that can't function without her.  She was being a snit to Angie and the rest and he chastised her for it and she must have rolled her eyes or something and he didn't like the way she looked at him.  I'm glad he's finally putting his foot down and letting her know that she's not the boss of him.  He should do it more often.

He should have done it about 35 years ago and daily ever since. 

The way Twit treats Glenn now is beyond disrespectful - it’s disgraceful. He’s not a child and he’s not incapacitated. She’s no prize to the rest of the family, either, and why Hunter, especially, puts up with it (other than $$) is beyond me. This “CEO” thing she’s onto now needs to be stomped on by Glenn or Hunter.

IMO, she’s gone past annoying to insufferable. I’m watching now just to enjoy the moment someone tells her to go **** herself.

(Thank you for putting up with my rant.)

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I think it was more like Whitney made him move in with her. She "had" to clear out her mom's things (with no input from Glen) and get Hunter to clean out the downstairs bedroom that he had been staying in while in Greensboro, because she felt Glen needed to use the downstairs bedroom. When Babs was alive, Twit tried to force them to move downstairs and they refused. Now that she is the "boss" she wants him downstairs.

It just occurred to me that she was possibly angling for them to move downstairs this whole time because she can't manage the stairs to the second floor. Never mind that her parents were at the time/Glen is now perfectly mobile and by all accounts capable of managing stairs. Because Whitney can't easily navigate stairs due to her mobility issues, she can't keep tabs on them and boss them around and feel special, so they have to move to where she can see them.

• Like 3
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

It just occurred to me that she was possibly angling for them to move downstairs this whole time because she can't manage the stairs to the second floor. Never mind that her parents were at the time/Glen is now perfectly mobile and by all accounts capable of managing stairs. Because Whitney can't easily navigate stairs due to her mobility issues, she can't keep tabs on them and boss them around and feel special, so they have to move to where she can see them.

I’m pretty sure they’ve said that Glenn has fallen down the stairs

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3

I love how she just sits her ass on the bench while Dadwee (you know, the person she constantly babies and is so hyper-focused about his laundry list of  health/other 'concerns') and Lennie unload the car.

Also, love how she's in coach with the poors after dumping Chase in steerage when she was in business class during the Paris trip (according to a 'fan'). 

Is that guy serious when he doesn't know the Swiss currency? Do people actually travel without knowing that? And Angie claiming she "lost money" in a currency exchange, oh my god. "That don't make sense. Does that make sense to you?" Jesus christ. Just wait until she encounters someone who "don't speak English." 🙄

As someone with hella anxiety, I do understand Shitney's over-planning. I appreciate her 'letting' them shop because they like it and giving them a return-time window. There's nothing like waiting on someone when you've got a check-in time or a last-call train boarding. I'd be losing my damn mind, but I also would not put myself in charge of everyone's trip. I also appreciate her cautioning them to not be loud on the train. She's a braying fool, but I am glad that she didn't want them to look like "ugly Americans."

Glenn started on Shitney when she was interacting with Hunter and Angie about the Bumble app conversation. He told her sharply, "Whitney, STOP" but I couldn't tell what he was referring to. Hunter saying "the way Whitney is acting right now" - she wasn't acting any differently than she was pre-trip, so something might have been edited out.

• Like 7
18 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

Glenn started on Shitney when she was interacting with Hunter and Angie about the Bumble app conversation. He told her sharply, "Whitney, STOP" but I couldn't tell what he was referring to. Hunter saying "the way Whitney is acting right now" - she wasn't acting any differently than she was pre-trip, so something might have been edited out.

I'm pretty sure it was although why they would choose not to show it is beyond me.  We do know that whatever it was caused Glenn to stop speaking to her so it must have been pretty bad.  I'm thinking maybe she was making fun of Angie and Co for their naivete about being in a foreign country because she just "couldn't believe they've never been out of the country!" (pearl clutch!!!)  She thinks she's so much more advanced than they are and I think Glenn had just had enough of it.  He's finally starting to see the monster he and Babs created.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, monagatuna said:

It can be really, really difficult for an older person to recover from a fall. If Glenn has a downstairs bedroom/full bath he can use, he would be wise to move down there and avoid stairs, even if he has managed them just fine up until now. Risk reduction. My 85 year old mother has never fallen and lives alone in a two story house. There is no full bath on the first floor and I would LOVE it if she had one so she could stop going up and down the stairs.

14 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I think it was more like Whitney made him move in with her.

Glenn is an adult. Whitney might have been a pain in the ass about the whole thing but at some point, he conceded and moved in with her. She can’t “make” him do anything.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, LeesburgLee said:

He should have done

The way Twit treats Glenn now is beyond disrespectful - it’s disgraceful. He’s not a child and he’s not incapacitated. She’s no prize to the rest of the family, either, and why Hunter, especially, puts up with it (other than $$) is beyond me. This “CEO” thing she’s onto now needs to be stomped on by Glenn or Hunter.

She acts like she is in charge of every aspect of his life. She was shocked that he had made an eye doctor appointment without telling her. Poor Glen. He should just move out. As others have said maybe he would enjoy a senior apartment community.

• Like 9

Right, I forgot that Glen had fallen on the stairs at some point. 

There's speculation that next week's ER visit is another panic attack brought on by the stress of being called out by Glen (uncharitably, people think it's for attention and to punish Glen for having the audacity to stand up for himself). I always figured it was AMS, having had it myself, it's pretty terrifying and can be really dangerous, especially for someone as sick as Whitney. But I admit, there is a small part of me that thinks she could be "punishing" Glen for his "sins." Didn't she do this before? Am I thinking of Hawaii, where she punished Glen for asking her to do the 5k 8k?

• Like 8

I didn’t see Whitney doing anything wrong and if you are traveling with a big group someone has to be in charge. I think Glen is a cranky old man and I probably wouldn’t want to spend time with him. I don’t believe Whitney forced him to do anything, he seems capable of saying no. I am side eyeing Angie a bit for bringing her whole family on this European trip when she barely knows Glen. I hope she isn’t taking advantage of him because she wants to be on TV and get free trips. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
On 11/12/2023 at 8:57 AM, Me from ME said:

It's been said before but how devoid of content can this show be? I mean, a dentist appointment, (x3), a parent's Doctor's appointment, and a dramatic trip to a car wash. Not all in the same episode mind you - gotta spread out the excitement.

I was on the edge of my seat during the "No food or drink in the waiting room" scene at the eye doctor.  There's Glenn with his Starbucks cup.  How tense! 

• LOL 8

The sophisticated world traveler that is Whitney Way Thore has frequently acted in a way that I would describe as being the epitome of the Ugly American. This is from previous seasons. She has been a loud, bellowing,  ill mannered, under dressed spectacle. It's rich that she is trying to teach anyone how to act in a foreign country.

This from someone who has been to Europe numerous times and has had a difficult time convincing people that I am not Canadian, but, in fact from the U.S. (U.S. tourists unfortunately have a bad reputation.)

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
38 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

The sophisticated world traveler that is Whitney Way Thore has frequently acted in a way that I would describe as being the epitome of the Ugly American. This is from previous seasons. She has been a loud, bellowing,  ill mannered, under dressed spectacle. It's rich that she is trying to teach anyone how to act in a foreign country.

This from someone who has been to Europe numerous times and has had a difficult time convincing people that I am not Canadian, but, in fact from the U.S. (U.S. tourists unfortunately have a bad reputation.)

I just tell them San Francisco (true) and by and large they acted overjoyed and extolled how much they loved our city. Was treated nothing but graciously, probably because I wasn't, you know, fanning my undercarriage in a train station and meowing at people.

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, JeanJean said:

It was kind of a wuh-oh moment for me when the Alabama relatives were insisting American dollars must be worth more than Swiss money. 

That was an interesting scene. I was surprised Whitney didn’t get up and explain to them how it worked; I was sure tempted to!

• Like 1

Whitney's excessive self-importance and need to be in control and in charge of everything are the exact recipe for outcomes of 'literally the worst thing that can happen,' and all of that draped in theatrics will never counter these boring storyline.

Glenn, it's too late to command that Whitney just 'stop it,' no matter how angry and fed-up you sound.  She's 40 years old and she knows no other way to get attention other than treating every situation with her family and friends as if she is the only adult in the room, and a long-suffering one at that.  Jesus, she should be glad all of her boyfriends have been fake on the show, because no guy is ever going to get to a point where the sex or money or association with D-list fame is worth putting up with this kind of person.  

I used to think that she's fun to be around, but not now.  She's morphed in recent seasons into a repulsive human being.  Or maybe she was just hiding that in the early seasons.  If she had told me to be quiet on that train ride, I would have told her to go fuck herself.  And get some serious therapy if you ever hope to snatch the Alabama guy with the flying squirrel beyond the video dates, or anybody else.  If her followers are in love with her, it's very likely they have the same ugly personality traits.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I thought she was trying to be funny with the Henchi flag, etc and she Could’ve lightened the stress that way, but No, she was 100% serious with that crap.  Even when Angie said, “I’ll apologize to you in advance, Whitney” trying to lighten the mood. Whitney gave her nothing. She could’ve laughed & said, “no problem! We’ll get there.” But she ignored her with a stern look on her face. She made everyone tense and uncomfortable when there was no need for it. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
On 11/15/2023 at 3:53 PM, Madding crowd said:

I didn’t see Whitney doing anything wrong and if you are traveling with a big group someone has to be in charge. I think Glen is a cranky old man and I probably wouldn’t want to spend time with him

i agree plus all of that traveling for someone who is 78 has got to be exhausting. Maybe cranky dadwee should remove himself from the show. No one is putting a gun to his head making him do this "bucket list" adventure. 

Also, Whit's new family doesn't seem to mind their new found TV fame. They never had it so good. I'm sure their trip of a lifetime was paid for by TLC. They hit the jackpot and all the perks that go with it with Whitney as their new sister. The only problem is now they have to put up with her!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

Having read here before watching, I carefully watched the scene where Glenn gets pissed.  Angie and others were talking about Bumble and they were teasing her about being too old, and Whitney said something in a southern accent which I assume meant he thought she was mocking Angie - Angie hadn't said what she said but maybe there was more that was edited out.  Then she handed him her shopping bag and grabbed his suitcase and held out his ticket - when he took it without comment she loudly reprimanded him for being grabby.  Then he told her to stop looking at him and marched off.  The trip started with her scolding him about his packing; they had already done the "family meeting" in the airport where she made a big thing about them obeying her and meowing upon command, and then yelled at Hunter for not having his train ticket and huffed about having to boss "both sides" of this family.  Not to mention that he has to "think about" who he will take to the factory or she'll have a fit (even though she's done nothing but make fun of it) when I know he'd prefer to take Hunter.  We were spared how many other times she complained about being the CEO etc of the family on the overnight flight.  He just needs a break.

And yes, European tour guides use a little flag or sign for their groups to follow in crowded areas.  Regular people look stupid doing that, and asking everyone to meow?  I mean I don't forget that they're all accompanied by a film crew and therefore a spectacle at all times but come on.  I also know that the film crew will make sure they're together on the train.  But I just was in charge of a group of 16 going to the Dominican and managed just fine without one - And Whitney - if you're reading this, dumbass - you don't give out the train tickets before sending them to shop, you wait until they're back and ready to go.  Sheesh!

• Like 5

Every    single      time Glen has a freakin thought of his own she gives that scrunching up her face in that ugly clueless look and with that top bun on her head all the time...yechh ,   she's like, "Why didn't you tell me this and that?  I'm picking out your new glasses.etc blah blahhh....."  my god  she has to control everything and everyone"    I really hope he takes Angie on the tour instead of whit.  She needs a wakeup kick in the ass,  and i hope Glen gives it to her.   I hope he goes to Alabama by himself for a long visit .     I'm hating watching this ,  yet here I sit

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2