Type keyword(s) to search

Kate Plus 8 - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Yes, he did have to do that for Colin, while they talked about it.  Jon did that after Colin was crying in pain for a long time and kept wanting his mother who was too busy shopping for free furniture to take care of her son. 

She sends her son away, tells the world about it then goes on a magazine cover without him. I wonder how her sheep fans are going to explain this one away. 

I'm not a violent person at all but if I ever saw this bitch in public I think I'd kick her ass.  

• Love 10

There was just a segment on ET about the People article and they showed a brief interview with Jon from earlier this summer.  Jon said he hasn't seen Colin in 2 years.  As Colin's father, doesn't he have to be told where his son is?  Can't he go see Colin?  Legitimate question.  I really don't understand.  Regarding Cara and Mattie, Jon said something like, "they're 16, they'll be women soon" which was kind of a what? Moment.

• Love 2

I've always found Jon to be extremely immature and I'm not at all surprised that he has a rocky relationship with his children. He seems like someone who got married too young and was never that into his children - and he was definitely not into having 8. I'm not saying he doesn't love them - just that he was never prepared to do the work that t requires.

I thought he was extremely irresponsible when he blew his Plus 8 money on that expensive NYC apartment - only to end up in a cabin waiting tables when he has 8 children. The fact of the matter is - he was never that interested in parenting and I'm sure his older daughters noticed. I feel sorry for them.

• Love 6

Not only did she give People an interview about Collin and his problems, but she and the kids are on the cover... without Collin.

How is that poor child going to feel when he sees that magazine cover with everyone but him on the cover and his problem being discussed in the article for the whole world to read?  He probably already feels like a misfit and this will not help the situation.

I think Mady and Cara's feelings towards their dad have been reinforced by Kate.  I have a feeling she makes her feelings about Jon widely known.  Those poor kids.  Mady's always been a handful and I can see her having problems down the line.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 9

Does anybody have a clue as to what a 12 week inpatient program could be for adolescents? Possibly for anger issues? That wouldn't surprise me, considering how Kate behaves around her kids. I really also believe that she has influenced Cary and Mady in such a way that they are no longer wanting to have a relationship with Jon. 

• Love 3

Kate has always seemed to treat Colin worse than the rest. I will never forget when he got a tiny speck of gum on his favorite bear, a little bear that he always carried everywhere.  Colin is standing in the kitchen crying hysterically while Kate screams at him and says she's throwing his bear in the garbage.   She didn't give a shit that the poor kid was an emotional wreck at the thought of losing his "lovey", she just kept taunting him. 

• Love 14

I'm not sure but a 12 week program sounds like it could be one of the "angry teen" programs that parents send kids to when they've identified the target child.  It's usually a messed up family situation, but one kid is picked as the major problem rather than a symptom.  Somewhere I heard today that all eight kids are in therapy.  I'm guessing that is where Mady came up with the toxic relationship phrase.  It sounds like Kate picked a therapist she could control. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

There was just a segment on ET about the People article and they showed a brief interview with Jon from earlier this summer.  Jon said he hasn't seen Colin in 2 years.  As Colin's father, doesn't he have to be told where his son is?  Can't he go see Colin?  Legitimate question.  I really don't understand.  Regarding Cara and Mattie, Jon said something like, "they're 16, they'll be women soon" which was kind of a what? Moment.

Yes, Jon should have those rights.  But if Kate doesn't tell him anything, he has to drag her ass into court in order to enforce his rights.  I doubt Jon has the money or the energy for that - and if he's behind on child support, that doesn't look good.

Someday, hopefully soon, the kids will say "to hell with BOTH of you."

Edited by IndianPaintbrush
  • Love 2

I can't wait for the Mommy Dearest book to come out. I also hope as they come of age the kids sue her for all of the money they earned that she spent on herself.  She didn't make that money the kids did.   

I wish Colin the best, he's always gotten the short end of the stick in that family and I hope he can overcome that.  I just don't understand why she would make this public, it's sickening that a mother would do that.  I don't know why this is affecting me so much, Colin has always tugged on my heartstrings more than the other kids.  He always looked so sad. The episode where Kate scorned and rejected Colin's present, I wanted to punch her in the mouth.  I'm sure Colin would have been treated badly with or without the show but at least  without the show he'd have some privacy right now.  I really wish there was a law that kids can't be on reality TV until they're old enough to sign their own contract. I actually feel guilty that I used to watch the show.  I feel like I have aided their exploitation in some way. 

• Love 5

I have a feeling that TLC was filming the family this summer, getting ready for a new season, and since Colin wasn't there, Kate decided to make it public about his whereabouts. I can't believe this show continues to find an audience year after year. I tried to catch up on episodes from 2 years ago on Comcast on Demand but I just couldn't hold my attention long enough to make it  through a single episode. It was kind of cute the first season when all the kids were really little but it went steadily downhill from there. 

• Love 2

Poor Colin. I think he has issues. But with Kate. Please help these kids. Where's Aunt Jody? Where's the grandparents? Jon is an idiot. He signed to get out of child support so Kate can put the kids on tv.

On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 10:43 PM, Talky Tina said:

@Miss Slay, I have to disagree. In the early years of the show, not only did Jon work full time but when home he did everything for those kids while Kate sat on her ass barking orders and criticizing everything he did. 

Kate should go back to work. Wasn't she a nurse?

• Love 3

I think that Kate is waiting as long as she can before going back to nursing.  Due to the hours she would need Mady/Cara to be the primary child care.  No parent wants that for their teenagers.  They are all involved in sports and that would need to stop since you need to drive to practice and games.  Plus 6 kids is a lot for 2 siblings to handle.  Then if Colin is still home schooled it's all a mute point since you can't home school from a hospital.  I know that she's tried online type things but there was a group of people that carried on until she lost that job.  So this is where she's at.  Doing a handful of episodes over the summer that at least gives the kids a vacation while they're filming.  Then pinching pennies and couponing till the next set of summer episodes.  Thereby insuring that filming continues as that is the only income open to them right now.

I don't think there's a lot of options for her right now. 

• Love 2

If I recall, I read somewhere that Jon gave Kate total decision making control ( not sure of the legal term for it) in order  to be released from child support payments or to pay a mininimal amount. That's how she been able to continue having them on TV without any argument from him.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Darknight said:

Poor Colin. I think he has issues. But with Kate. Please help these kids. Where's Aunt Jody? Where's the grandparents? Jon is an idiot. He signed to get out of child support so Kate can put the kids on tv.

Kate should go back to work. Wasn't she a nurse?

Kate rather publicly cut Aunt Jody and the grandparents out of the picture years ago.  I don't think she's commented recently, but I believe others have said that she and the kids have no contact with her family anymore.  And they never did have much to do with Jon's because Kate didn't like them and said so.

Kate is a nurse, but hasn't worked as one for years and years, and I always got the impression she felt she was beyond all that anyway.  She thinks she's a celeb and no way she's going back.  She'd have to have kept up her license too, which requires educational hours, etc.  I'd be surprised if she had, her delusions of grandeur run deep.  Sure, she could make a decent living as a nurse, but she's accustomed to much more than that.  There are also plenty of options for day jobs in nursing or working weekends; many single mom nurses work 3 12 hour shifts a week to save on childcare.    And, due to the nursing shortage, many healthcare systems go out of their way to give childcare allowances, daycare on site, etc. for nurses with kids.

And, I know several single mom nurses whose kids are homeschooled; many parents work full time while their kids pursue alternative educational venues.  Considering Kate has done virtually no childcare ever for her kids, let alone schooling; I doubt she was doing the homeschooling for Collin and the other kids who were expelled from private school.  As I recall, at least one of the other kids (Alexis?) was also suspended from school for behavioral problems and was home with a tutor.  For that matter, since the 'tups were micropreemies; the state of PA may be paying some of their educational expenses.  Remember the state provided home nursing care for the kids until they were a year old and Kate tried to get them to pay for more, but the kids were perfectly healthy and the state cut her off.

Kate must've made a bundle on all those best selling books and selling their story to People and other rags; it's the only way to explain her current lifestyle.  She's also always been a master at begging for freebies; she might be getting deeply discounted or free tuition for the private school the kids attend, in addition to begging the state to consider her litter to have special needs.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I think that Kate is waiting as long as she can before going back to nursing.  Due to the hours she would need Mady/Cara to be the primary child care.  No parent wants that for their teenagers.  They are all involved in sports and that would need to stop since you need to drive to practice and games.  Plus 6 kids is a lot for 2 siblings to handle.  Then if Colin is still home schooled it's all a mute point since you can't home school from a hospital.  I know that she's tried online type things but there was a group of people that carried on until she lost that job.  So this is where she's at.  Doing a handful of episodes over the summer that at least gives the kids a vacation while they're filming.  Then pinching pennies and couponing till the next set of summer episodes.  Thereby insuring that filming continues as that is the only income open to them right now.

I don't think there's a lot of options for her right now. 

These kids are all teens though. I know some nurses work 12 hour shifts 1-3 times a week. Maybe more. But some nurse jobs are flexible. She could even work as a school nurse. 

2 hours ago, iwasish said:

If I recall, I read somewhere that Jon gave Kate total decision making control ( not sure of the legal term for it) in order  to be released from child support payments or to pay a mininimal amount. That's how she been able to continue having them on TV without any argument from him.

Jon is a bitch. Literally he's Kate's bitch

@doodlebug,  according the the Robert Hoffman book, which Kate has never denied and I believe, Kate loved Jon's family when his dad was still alive because he gave them a lot of money and paid a lot of their bills.  Once he died Jon's mom wouldn't do that anymore and that's when Kate started hating his family. 

Kate never wanted to be a nurse, she got her nursing degree to meet a rich Doctor, apparently she made no bones about it and said as much to her co-workers.  She was rude and mean to her co-workers and the patients.  She'll never go back to nursing.  

@Bronzedog,  I couldn't even imagine Kate being my nurse.  I would throw her out if she walked into my hospital room. 

From what I've read and heard, the kids aren't in sports. I think maybe one or two but Kate has said it's too expensive to put them in sports.  If it's for the kids, it's too expensive but when it's for Kate the sky is the limit.  

Edited by Talky Tina
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Kate rather publicly cut Aunt Jody and the grandparents out of the picture years ago.  I don't think she's commented recently, but I believe others have said that she and the kids have no contact with her family anymore.  And they never did have much to do with Jon's because Kate didn't like them and said so.

Kate is a nurse, but hasn't worked as one for years and years, and I always got the impression she felt she was beyond all that anyway.  She thinks she's a celeb and no way she's going back.  She'd have to have kept up her license too, which requires educational hours, etc.  I'd be surprised if she had, her delusions of grandeur run deep.  Sure, she could make a decent living as a nurse, but she's accustomed to much more than that.  There are also plenty of options for day jobs in nursing or working weekends; many single mom nurses work 3 12 hour shifts a week to save on childcare.    And, due to the nursing shortage, many healthcare systems go out of their way to give childcare allowances, daycare on site, etc. for nurses with kids.

And, I know several single mom nurses whose kids are homeschooled; many parents work full time while their kids pursue alternative educational venues.  Considering Kate has done virtually no childcare ever for her kids, let alone schooling; I doubt she was doing the homeschooling for Collin and the other kids who were expelled from private school.  As I recall, at least one of the other kids (Alexis?) was also suspended from school for behavioral problems and was home with a tutor.  For that matter, since the 'tups were micropreemies; the state of PA may be paying some of their educational expenses.  Remember the state provided home nursing care for the kids until they were a year old and Kate tried to get them to pay for more, but the kids were perfectly healthy and the state cut her off.

Kate must've made a bundle on all those best selling books and selling their story to People and other rags; it's the only way to explain her current lifestyle.  She's also always been a master at begging for freebies; she might be getting deeply discounted or free tuition for the private school the kids attend, in addition to begging the state to consider her litter to have special needs.

I always wondered why the grandparents weren't involved. They always came up with an excuse. Kate is toxic. 

Private school for 8 kids. No job. Kate is lazy as fuck. Remember the old days kate when you had nothing. I remember the Ronald McDonald house helped them out. As well as their church. Jon worked Kate was still bitching. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

@doodlebug,  according the the Robert Hoffman book, which Kate has never denied and I believe, Kate loved Jon's family when his dad was still alive because he gave them a lot of money and paid a lot of their bills.  Once he died Jon's mom wouldn't do that anymore and that's when Kate started hating his family. 

Kate never wanted to be a nurse, she got her nursing degree to meet a rich Doctor, apparently she made no bones about it and said as much to her co-workers.  She was rude and mean to her co-workers and the patients.  She'll never go back  

I remember hearing that and I think that the fact that Jon's dad, a dentist, who had some money and gave it freely to his less than ambitious son is what attracted Kate to Jon.  He was the complete package, a malleable guy who'd let her run the show while providing her with lots of cash.  And I also believe that Kate's love affair with Jon's family (and Jon, for that matter), came to an abrupt end when his father died and his mother shut down the money train.  Much better than a rich doctor who might have needs or wants of his own.  I've, too, heard the stories about Kate as coworker and agree that she would have been a lousy coworker.

Another reason why I think Kate must have some funds is that she is no longer playing up the church angle.  Back when the 'tups were born and for the first couple years, until the show took off; Kate made a big show of her fundamentalist religious views.  She often tearfully told the story of how the big bad doctors suggested embryo reduction after finding out she was carrying 6 kids, but, Kate knew that Jesus wanted her to have those babies and she steadfastly refused.  Because it was God's will that she take huge doses of fertility drugs, undergo multiple procedures and carry a litter so she could get on TV.  Remember the Bible verses hanging on the kitchen cabinets?  She often referred to her 'faith' and made many appearances at churches hither and yon where she and Jon would speak in return for 'love offerings'.  Once the show became popular (and once it became clear the marriage was a farce), Kate dropped all religious references from her life, stopped attending her local church and the speaking engagements on the Christian family circuit came to an end. If Kate was really hard pressed for cash, she'd be revving that engine, hard; going back to church and working the crowd for 'love offerings'.

ETA: I do not mean to denigrate anyone who would choose to continue to carry multiples because they were morally opposed to selective reduction; I just have my doubts about the sincerity of Kate's commitment to that belief.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 5

I read a few years ago that Kate made 3 million dollars the year she divorced Jon, back in 2009. If it's invested wisely, she might have enough income from that to pay for her lifestyle. I know it's difficult to get a good return if you aren't in the stock market but maybe she has a really good stockbroker working for her. Her house, private school for all the kids, her cars, etc. - must need an annual income of $250,000 a year or more. I'm not sure she's getting that much from her tv show but maybe she is. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

She often referred to her 'faith' and made many appearances at churches hither and yon where she and Jon would speak in return for 'love offerings'.  Once the show became popular (and once it became clear the marriage was a farce), Kate dropped all religious references from her life, stopped attending her local church and the speaking engagements on the Christian family circuit came to an end.

One small correction here.  When the show took off, Khate got a PR person who cancelled all scheduled "free will offering" church appearances.  They then offered those churches - and other suckers - the option of scheduling J&K for $25,000 PLUS EXPENSES (first-class airfare, nice hotels, etc.).

Even the most loving Christians began to suspect they were being taken for a ride.  Reports are that when Khate has appeared at publisher events after the release of her "books," they can't even get people to show up to buy the book and get her autograph.

ETA:  And let's not forget the cruise that was going to "star" Khate.  They couldn't sell tickets to spend time with her, and rumor has it that others who were booked on the cruise were cancelling because they didn't want to be on the same ship with her and her "diva" behavior.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 9

A lot has already been said about Kate's obsession with "making memories" but I really wish she could've processed, back when the kids were small, what sort of things kids remember. Things like mom threatening to throw away your favorite stuffed animal or rejecting a gift you picked out for her or refusing to go out on your special day with you when she went with your sisters.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, theironwoman said:

A lot has already been said about Kate's obsession with "making memories" but I really wish she could've processed, back when the kids were small, what sort of things kids remember. Things like mom threatening to throw away your favorite stuffed animal or rejecting a gift you picked out for her or refusing to go out on your special day with you when she went with your sisters.

In Kate's case, 'making memories' seemed to be synonymous with 'giving Kate free stuff'.

• Love 7

Kate not going along on the boys' special days said so much. Didn't she say something like she wouldn't drive "hither and yon" or something but she did it on all of the girls days?  She's never tried to hide that she doesn't like "icky dirty" boys.  She's also been pretty damn blatant about Hannah being her favorite.  In the old Jon and Kate days Hannah was always the one holding Kate's hand or sitting on her lap. 

I have a Twitter account but I very, very rarely go on there but went to see what people were saying about Colin.  It absolutely astounds me that there are still people who like and defend her.  There's one woman in particular who seems to make it her life's work t defend Kate. She even has "Kate defender" in her profile. I won't say her Twitter name here because I'm not sure it's allowed but this woman is nuts.   How can anybody see what has been shown and written and still think she's a great mom who does it alone?!  

I, for one 100 percent believe the Robert Hoffman book.  As far as I know, Kate has never said that what is in the book isn't true.   What was written about the physical and emotional abuse came straight from her.  The book made me sick, I feel so bad for those kids and I don't understand why she's never been investigated by CPS. 

One of the worst things I read in the book was about filming the show.  Most of the kids didn't want to do it and they would protest. Kate would tell them that if they didn't perform like circus animals they would lose their house, their school, all of their money, they would starve because they couldn't afford food and it would be all their fault.   This was told to very young kids.  I have a bad feeling that most if not all of these kids will end up with serious problems. 

• Love 10

My life has reached an all time low.  Robert Hoffman's book was free on Kindle Unlimited/Amazon.  Since it was free, I downloaded it.  Damn it.

Update - I've now read part of the book,and, not surprisingly, it totally trashes Kate.  I completely believe all the negative things said about her, but, what John's friend has inadvertently done is emphasize what a weak, crappy father Jon is as well.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 3
On 8/27/2016 at 10:20 PM, Talky Tina said:

Kate not going along on the boys' special days said so much. Didn't she say something like she wouldn't drive "hither and yon" or something but she did it on all of the girls days?  She's never tried to hide that she doesn't like "icky dirty" boys.  She's also been pretty damn blatant about Hannah being her favorite.  In the old Jon and Kate days Hannah was always the one holding Kate's hand or sitting on her lap.

And I can't imagine Kate or the producers didn't realize how bad it would look for her to skip out on them. But it more important for her to send a message, subconsciously or not, to her sons.

• Love 2

I can't believe that Jon has a bad relationship with any of his kids. Out of the two parents he was the calm rational one, the one the kids would rather be around. 

I read in his interview that he only gets four of them for his custody time. He has no control over which four. I guess once he accepted that it became the norm. If he stood up and said, no, I want all of them or I call the police. He needs to be just as much a pain in ass as she is.

Unfortunately that won't work if you just want to be civilized and have a peaceful life. 

I should add, he was the calm rational one until he went off the deep end.   His behavior with all those women played right into his ex wife's hands

• Love 3

The kids are old enough to decide if they want to see Jon or not. I don't think any police could make them go. If it came down to it, a judge would most likely let the kids decide if it went to court. I don't believe Kate is choosing who is going or not going.

I wish they would give actual reasons as to why they don't want to see him. If they're revealing all that they have over the years why not give the reasons?

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 1

I wish they would give actual reasons as to why they don't want to see him. If they're revealing all that they have over the years why not give the reasons?

First if he has a sedan that seats 5 then he can only take 4 kids at a time.  So that makes sense.  However, if he hasn't seen Colin then that's on him.  He has said he has one dinner and every other weekend.  If he feels he can't see his children then he has options in court.  He also has the option of picking up the phone and saying Hey Colin buddy I miss you.  So this is on him.  He could have kept the big van that Kate gave him when she bough a new van.  Just FYI, a van that seats 9+ cost s a lot more than one that seats 8 so I don't see him affording that since he is giving his salary to charity.

• Love 2

Jon may bitch and moan whenever Kate is in the news, but, he seems to be a lazy, absent father who has done very little to be in his children's life.  Surely a good lawyer could help with visitation but Jon always seems to take the path of least resistance.  It's kind of how he ended up with 8 kids.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Surely a good lawyer could help with visitation but Jon always seems to take the path of least resistance.  It's kind of how he ended up with 8 kids.

Damn, aint that the truth.

• Love 4
On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 0:20 PM, doodlebug said:

I remember hearing that and I think that the fact that Jon's dad, a dentist, who had some money and gave it freely to his less than ambitious son is what attracted Kate to Jon.  He was the complete package, a malleable guy who'd let her run the show while providing her with lots of cash.  And I also believe that Kate's love affair with Jon's family (and Jon, for that matter), came to an abrupt end when his father died and his mother shut down the money train.  Much better than a rich doctor who might have needs or wants of his own.  I've, too, heard the stories about Kate as coworker and agree that she would have been a lousy coworker.

Another reason why I think Kate must have some funds is that she is no longer playing up the church angle.  Back when the 'tups were born and for the first couple years, until the show took off; Kate made a big show of her fundamentalist religious views.  She often tearfully told the story of how the big bad doctors suggested embryo reduction after finding out she was carrying 6 kids, but, Kate knew that Jesus wanted her to have those babies and she steadfastly refused.  Because it was God's will that she take huge doses of fertility drugs, undergo multiple procedures and carry a litter so she could get on TV.  Remember the Bible verses hanging on the kitchen cabinets?  She often referred to her 'faith' and made many appearances at churches hither and yon where she and Jon would speak in return for 'love offerings'.  Once the show became popular (and once it became clear the marriage was a farce), Kate dropped all religious references from her life, stopped attending her local church and the speaking engagements on the Christian family circuit came to an end. If Kate was really hard pressed for cash, she'd be revving that engine, hard; going back to church and working the crowd for 'love offerings'.

ETA: I do not mean to denigrate anyone who would choose to continue to carry multiples because they were morally opposed to selective reduction; I just have my doubts about the sincerity of Kate's commitment to that belief.

So she liked his money. John was stupid for marrying her at first sight. 

On Tuesday, September 06, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Bronzedog said:

Jon may bitch and moan whenever Kate is in the news, but, he seems to be a lazy, absent father who has done very little to be in his children's life.  Surely a good lawyer could help with visitation but Jon always seems to take the path of least resistance.  It's kind of how he ended up with 8 kids.

He lazy as fuck. 

• Love 2

My god she's such a horrible bitch. I wish he would sue her ass over these allegations.  I'd love to see him take every penny she has and I'd love him livibg in the house that their children worked for.  

I swear, this asshole should consider herself lucky that I don't live anywhere near her because I think if I ever saw her I would beat the holy hell out of her.  

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 9
On October 21, 2016 at 8:54 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Kate accused him of being a drug dealer and kidnapping Hannah in a 2015 police report.

2015.  It's now nearing the end of 2016.  It will soon be 2017.  I'm not a big Kate fan, but if she were the monster everyone says she is, wouldn't the tabloids have something on her from this year?  Everyone claims they want her to "go away", yet they fall on crumbs of old news.  Repost, retweet, and buy up the magazines.  I think her haters are keeping her in the news more than those who love her.

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 9:35 AM, kathe5133 said:

2015.  It's now nearing the end of 2016.  It will soon be 2017.  I'm not a big Kate fan, but if she were the monster everyone says she is, wouldn't the tabloids have something on her from this year?  Everyone claims they want her to "go away", yet they fall on crumbs of old news.  Repost, retweet, and buy up the magazines.  I think her haters are keeping her in the news more than those who love her.

Well, if any of Kate's allegations about Jon from 2015 had any truth to them, wouldn't we have heard that he'd been arrested, denied visitation, something?  The fact she made such horrific, but apparently false, accusations against her ex doesn't speak well of her no matter when it happened.

• Love 9

Thanks for sharing. 

As a mom of 3, who is uptight and controlling and gets stressed easily, I cannot even imagine dealing with so many kids on a daily basis. Kate should have stopped doing this show after the first few seasons (I get wanting the money for the kids' future) and stopped trying to pretend she is super mom. Admit that it's really hard and you need help. 

• Love 6

It's sad that these kids have two lousy parents.  One is a controlling shrew and the other is too lazy to do anything to protect his children.  At least the twins are almost old enough to escape in a couple of years (although I see mini-Kate Mady staying around). 

Edited by Bronzedog
Autocorrect changed Mady's name.
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Thanks for sharing. 

As a mom of 3, who is uptight and controlling and gets stressed easily, I cannot even imagine dealing with so many kids on a daily basis. Kate should have stopped doing this show after the first few seasons (I get wanting the money for the kids' future) and stopped trying to pretend she is super mom. Admit that it's really hard and you need help. 

Agreed.  She always seems so stressed.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Kate would be a raging, abusive bitch no matter how many kids she had. Having a lot of kids doesn't turn somebody into an abusive monster. Being a narcisstic, horrible bitch makes an abuser, not the number of kids somebody has. 

I'm sure you're probably right. There's just a part of me that always related a TINY bit to Kate. Because I am an uptight person who likes to control everything. I don't love this about myself and I really try to dial it back as much as I can. I will freely admit I get stressed over the dumbest shit and I know it doesn't make things easy for my kids. 

But it's true that Kate isn't truly "alone" raising all those kids. And she doesn't seem to have much self awareness or CARE to change. Her kids have point blank asked her to chill out, but it's more important for her to be right, than for everyone to be happy. I do feel so badly for those kids. 

• Love 7