Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: In Vino Veritas

• Start Topic

After Olivia hears what went down between Austen and Taylor, she's unsure how to move forward; Taylor brings the group together for her first big work event and more rumors bubble to the surface; Shep wastes no time confronting Austen

airdate: 10.05.23

Reminder:

No spoilers. If something happened after the show was filmed it belongs in a character thread or media thread. There is also a thread for WWHL appearances. 

Stay on topic.  If you want to discuss in detail any personal experiences or travel plans to SC, please do so in the Small Talk thread. 

I sincerely hope Taylor and Austin had a passionate hook up or fall madly in love.  I don’t understand why Olivia is so upset about it, she was barely dating Austin.  I’ll especially enjoy it  if it bothers Shep.

Why is Taylor wearing those silly poms on her hair?

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I really want Taylor and Austen to be together now.  Mostly because I can’t believe this whole group is making it their business. And because Shep deserves it.  (I don’t think Olivia was that invested in Austen.) 

• Like 10
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I really want Taylor and Austen to be together now.  Mostly because I can’t believe this whole group is making it their business. And because Shep deserves it.  (I don’t think Olivia was that invested in Austen.) 

I didn’t either.  Maybe Olivia is using it as her storyline.  Since that scene with Taylor and Austin in a shoe store last year they seemed to have a connection.  Unfortunately Taylor is still in love with Shep.

Jeez, Craig and that dumb coat.

• Like 4

What’s the diabetic guy’s name again?  He needs to abort his attempt at acting, STAT.  Good gravy, that was comical and pathetic.  

WHYYYYYYYYY are we stuck both hearing AND seeing thirsty Madison?!  She brings absolutely nothing to the table.  Go away, you obsessed grudge-holder who STILL can’t let go of Austen…she puts a LOT of energy into presenting an image that is a major yawn and yet still to believable.   She’s an ass.

Shep deserves to experience a taste of his own medicine - when it comes to the possible hookup of Taylor and Austen, I don’t care whether they did or didn’t - but I think Taylor would regret it and neither of the friendships would survive it. I’m not sure if Austen would care about losing Shep as a friend.  Austen’s already pulled this on his with Chelsea, though - I just don’t see him valuing that friendship other than for the purpose of the show.

I can’t believe I’m watching this crap.  😂  It’s better than watching a bunch of cackling hags and bitchy housewives trying to tear one another apart limb by limb, though.   

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3

I found it amusing when Whitney was having dinner with Austin, that when Craig (and Olivia) were asked to join, everyone else wanted to know if the invite included them as well. Of course all of them want to go to his house. He’s the producer, serves champagne at a casual dinner, and the house. I’d like to go. Let me clarify. Just to meet his Mother and have a martini with her. I can do without the cast. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Incredible that JT has such little screen time but still manages to make me dislike him more than anyone else on this show. And that’s saying a lot since this is a group of wildly unlikeable people. 

I am annoyed that the show is clearly trying to make Madison some sort of mean girl rude version of Cameron - the cast member who isn’t actually involved in any of these storylines and has her own life she doesn’t reveal much of while commenting on everyone else’s drama. It worked with Cam because she was mostly likable and also seemed liked a decent friend. Madison is a viper who flits from group to group leaving little tidbits of things to stir the pot and rile everyone up and then waltzes off with that insufferable smirk on her face. 

This Taylor/Austen business can keep trying but it will never be Scandoval. Olivia and Austen barely dated, Shep and Taylor were broken up and it seems like nothing much really happened anyway. A far cry from continuing an affair with someone in your friend group while your girlfriend of 9 years is off at her grandmother’s funeral. I wonder if Taylor realizes that most of the upset Shep is feeling is over some sort of bro code violation and not because he can’t bear the thought of her being with someone else. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I found it amusing when Whitney was having dinner with Austin, that when Craig (and Olivia) were asked to join, everyone else wanted to know if the invite included them as well. Of course all of them want to go to his house. He’s the producer, serves champagne at a casual dinner, and the house. I’d like to go. Let me clarify. Just to meet his Mother and have a martini with her. I can do without the cast. 

I did think it was rude for Venita to ask if it was an open invite. It's not a high school party, Venita. Yet, I then felt bad for her when Whitney said absolutely not but told Craig to bring Madison.

Fake storyline aside, I did appreciate how Shep was seemingly most upset that Taylor would even entertain dating Austin knowing what a douche he is. Maybe I's just sick of Taylor's continual reference to being "broken people".  Please, you had a break-up, no one died.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

When will they realize that none of us would actually date Austen?! Much less "hook up" (however you define it) with him.😂

Shep, JT, Craig trying to bring some story to this snooze of a season. Whitney himself even had to make an appearance and host an "event" at his mama's house just to get Shep and Austen together so they would "talk" on camera. I loved all the guys urging them to "talk here" and "talk now" while Shep acted like he wanted to go somewhere private. Way to really draaaaag out the scene and fill time.

However, I did enjoy the extra glimpses we got of Patricia's house, rooms we had not seen before, so I give this episode 1 star. 

ETA: I did enjoy seeing Whitney quite inebriated, so I'll add another half. He was really up on Shep when he hugged him in greeting. Thought he was going to kiss Shep for a second there.

Edited by RedHawk
Additional remark
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5

Forget the Latin, how was this episode not entitled “Brofessional Courtesy”?! Then JT literally doing the “clutching his pearls” gesture at hearing Austen and Taylor contemplated a relationship. I reserve the right to retract this statement at any time, but so far he’s a pretty good new addition to the show, giving content worth commentary. I mean, he’s dorky and thirsty—but still somewhat entertaining.

”Someone handed this [beer] to me”—the bartender, when I ordered it. Lol. Shep’s still scared of Taylor. Then “We spent 6 nights a week together for 2.5 years,” meaning he potentially could have cheated on her 130 times, lol.

Taylor really broke the fourth wall—and confirmed everything we’ve known—with the talking head regarding Olivia and Austen “Were they ever even together?” Yes, we know that was a storyline showmance. I do think Olivia actually hoped it was more than a storyline—and maybe Austen entertained the idea because it was better than sleeping alone. But I do think there is an actual spark between Austen and Taylor, and that’s why Taylor is so quick to offer up that the relationship with Olivia wasn’t even real. So as much as the Austen/Olivia thing was fake, I do think the Austen/Taylor thing is real. The way Austen closed his eyes and took a deep breath when Shep said that you spoke to your families about giving it a shot. “Define hooking up.” I’m on the edge of my seat for next week.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 5

Craig in his fur coat looked like a pimp from a 1970s film. But he acts in a more mature way than the older guys.

It's obvious Austen doesn't believe in bro code. Not that Shep is innocent.

TJ is so thirsty. He also managed to promote his business twice already.

Taylor, the good Christian girl loves being on the show (and would hook up with anybody to remain a cast member), and even dropped her old job. 

Drinking from an ice sculpture doesn't seem hygienic.

• Like 6
15 hours ago, chick binewski said:

And frankly I don't know how anyone tells those two women apart so for all we know Austen mistook Taylor for Olivia. 

Thank you!  To this day I still cannot tell the difference between Taylor and Olivia.

J.T. looks like a rodent/beaver.  I don't like him. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
15 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I sincerely hope Taylor and Austin had a passionate hook up or fall madly in love.  I don’t understand why Olivia is so upset about it, she was barely dating Austin.  I’ll especially enjoy it  if it bothers Shep.

Even Taylor says in her TH, "were they ever together?"

And now even Whitney, who hasn't been seen with any of the others this season until Austen and later Shep and Madison showed up, is asking about the supposed hook up, says fluids were exchanged.

He's probably thinking "this is the best they could come up with to drive drama this season, I should quit except for that easy producer money."

JT talking about the "masculine" style of his renovations.😒

All these cast members, they have nothing else going on, or at least nothing interesting enough to show, so they're all going to chat about the hookup or triangle or whatever it is.

Taylor has a après snow theme party in Charleston?  Never been but pretty sure a coastal southern city doesn't have much downhill skiing.

That drink luge was disgusting and yeah herpes for sure from the cold sores on the lips.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

A sign of how this show devolved is how a bit player like Austen has become its leading man where the scandal of the season revolves around him.

Austen, you asked why you're having trouble being in a serious relationship - here's why. You can't keep your dick inside your pants for a hot second.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
5 hours ago, TeeMo said:

This Taylor/Austen business can keep trying but it will never be Scandoval. Olivia and Austen barely dated, Shep and Taylor were broken up and it seems like nothing much really happened anyway.

Thank you!!  This show may be over for me. The main story is the whole Austen/Taylor business?  I kept screaming in my head, "I DON'T CARE" when watching this episode.   I still don't understand what we're supposed to be upset about.  

So the bottom line is Bravo let several likable or at least like-to-hate characters go and we now have Olivia, Taylor, Madison (bit players Leva, Venetia), and the new guys I'm not going to remember.  Yeah, time to re-tool this one.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
11 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

I can’t believe I’m watching this crap.  😂  It’s better than watching a bunch of cackling hags and bitchy housewives trying to tear one another apart limb by limb, though.   

Sitting in my garage and watching the car rust is better than that. 

I can't believe the hours wasted watching HW shows; hours I'll never get back.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Drink, screw, dump them, repeat.  Also, I doubt Madison is marrid.  This show has absolutely no idea where it is going.

• Like 2

I tried to watch this & I am not a picky viewer (I’ve watched more TLC shows than I care to admit to) but I had to turn it off finally & I doubt if I will be picking it back up.  I’ve never cared for any of the cast members , except Chelsea & Cam and maybe early seasons of Craig, but there is not one cast member that interests me in the least and the storylines are soooo boring. Watching middle aged men who don’t want to settle down dating girls who could be their daughters is not entertaining at all.

• Like 8
13 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

Watching middle aged men who don’t want to settle down dating girls who could be their daughters is not entertaining at all.

To be fair, Shep-44 & Taylor-30 are 14 yrs apart (same spread as DH & me, married 32 yrs), Austen-36 & Olivia-31 are separated by only 5 yrs, Craig-34 & Paige-32, only two yrs.

Lots of reasons to not be interested in watching outside of that.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, aghst said:

Besides, this show rode the Thomas and Cathryn relationship, if one wants to call it that, for several seasons.

So 14 years is nothing!

I was just going to say. Thomas/Kathryn has been the backbone of this show. Heck, you can even include Whitney in there. They were a triangle for a hot minute.

Of course Kathryn is an adult, but watching that relationship unfold, I can't help but feel back then it felt like you're watching some kind of abuse. 

• Like 5
10 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Drinking from an ice sculpture doesn't seem hygienic.

I’m surprised the health department permits it.

9 hours ago, slowpoked said:

A sign of how this show devolved is how a bit player like Austen has become its leading man where the scandal of the season revolves around him.

At least we’ve had just one reference to Trop Hop this season, with JT claiming he would have one later lol.

• LOL 1

Shep said on WWHL that Taylor’s previous job required 6 month notice to get one day off.

So he helped her get her current job where she makes more money.

Maybe now she will do a branded fruity cocktail since her job seems like the same one Austen was doing touting beers to bars.

Speaking of which, if he’s such an entrepreneur, why hasn’t he tried anything else since Trop Hop?

Because apparently Bravo pays him enough for this dreck of a show.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, aghst said:

Shep said on WWHL that Taylor’s previous job required 6 month notice to get one day off.

So he helped her get her current job where she makes more money.

Maybe now she will do a branded fruity cocktail since her job seems like the same one Austen was doing touting beers to bars.

Speaking of which, if he’s such an entrepreneur, why hasn’t he tried anything else since Trop Hop?

Craig seems to be doing well, and a lot more than getting a paycheck from Bravo. I'm sure his partners do most of it, but he chose the proper partners.

• Like 3
On 10/6/2023 at 1:08 PM, albarino said:

Thank you!!  This show may be over for me. The main story is the whole Austen/Taylor business?  I kept screaming in my head, "I DON'T CARE" when watching this episode.   I still don't understand what we're supposed to be upset about.  

It’s not just the “main” storyline.. it’s the ONLY storyline!  There’s nothing else, nothing.

I’m only watching because there is nothing else to watch.  But I want to just be done.  Like @SuprSuprElevated said above, I’d rather watch my car rust!

14 hours ago, aghst said:

I’m very curious about how much they make from the show.  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 1
On 10/6/2023 at 10:58 AM, JenE4 said:

I do think Olivia actually hoped it was more than a storyline—and maybe Austen entertained the idea because it was better than sleeping alone.

Olivia's tears struck me as genuine and I honestly felt sorry for her, but I don't think she's ever been in a proper, long-term relationship if she thinks that was it. Didn't her brother pass away during filming? 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, wallies said:

Olivia's tears struck me as genuine and I honestly felt sorry for her, but I don't think she's ever been in a proper, long-term relationship if she thinks that was it. Didn't her brother pass away during filming? 

Yeah she is 30 and acts like a teenager mooning over the quarterback (which Austen certainly is not).

• Like 3

I don’t know why I’m watching this because it sucks so bad lol.

Taylor and Olivia are so boring. Who gives a fuck. 

Austen is so gross. I don’t know why anyone would wanna be with him. What’s to like. At least with Shep it seems like he would be fun but Austen is the biggest dud.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Marley said:

I don’t know why I’m watching this because it sucks so bad lol.

Taylor and Olivia are so boring. Who gives a fuck. 

Austen is so gross. I don’t know why anyone would wanna be with him. What’s to like. At least with Shep it seems like he would be fun but Austen is the biggest dud.

All we ever hear is he is tall.  I have heard many women filter out anyone who isn’t tall on their datings apps so I guess he gets a lot of right swipes and JT doesn’t lol.

Wasn't Shep yelling at Taylor last year for not knowing how to play an egg toss game?  Calling her f'ing stupid??  And now we're supposed to feel bad for him because Taylor and Austen may or may not have hooked up?  Ugh, I'm at the point where I hope they did, multiple times!  #not sorry

On 10/6/2023 at 1:37 PM, aghst said:

That drink luge was disgusting and yeah herpes for sure from the cold sores on the lips.

I've been to parties where they had one of those.  You're not supposed to put your mouth right on it but kinda underneath it -- like someone pouring champagne in your mouth right out of the bottle.  But as people become more and more tanked that rule goes right out the window.  It's fun to do and the flow of alcohol isn't fast so you don't choke on it 😄

• Like 1

What is the name of the kind of ring Taylor was wearing--it was gold and had a sort of a diagonal scrolly puffy top?  That's all I've got because the only other reaction I had was how disgusting the flume was and that's already been covered!

On 10/8/2023 at 10:45 AM, Dirtybubble said:

Wasn't Shep yelling at Taylor last year for not knowing how to play an egg toss game?  Calling her f'ing stupid??  And now we're supposed to feel bad for him because Taylor and Austen may or may not have hooked up?  Ugh, I'm at the point where I hope they did, multiple times!  #not sorry

I've been to parties where they had one of those.  You're not supposed to put your mouth right on it but kinda underneath it -- like someone pouring champagne in your mouth right out of the bottle.  But as people become more and more tanked that rule goes right out the window.  It's fun to do and the flow of alcohol isn't fast so you don't choke on it 😄

It was obvious the cast was touching it with their mouths.

• Like 3
On 10/6/2023 at 6:12 PM, slowpoked said:

I was just going to say. Thomas/Kathryn has been the backbone of this show. Heck, you can even include Whitney in there. They were a triangle for a hot minute.

Of course Kathryn is an adult, but watching that relationship unfold, I can't help but feel back then it felt like you're watching some kind of abuse. 

And Kathryn was with Shep too! I think he was a contender for her first kid. I wonder how different things would have been if it was his. Crazy.

• Like 2