Type keyword(s) to search

Season 40 Final Jeopardy Contest

Clanstarling
  • Start Topic

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Many thanks to the son of a son of a sailor for keeping me from being skunked this week -- 1/5.

I "spoiled" myself on that one - but I gave it to myself because it would have been an instaget. When I was pregnant, I didn't crave any food, but I would only listen to Buffet. The.Entire.Pregnancy.

Also, listening to his CD kept me from freaking out when having an MRI - when I discovered I was clausterphobic.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 4
  • Applause 2

Week 21: 2/5 with the asterisk! (Jimmy Buffett and Blackhawk)
YTD: 57/105 (54%) with 4*

3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Just 1/5 for me (Jimmy Buffett). And you know what that means!

IMG_0526.jpeg.f9283f6fef678936ad26980b18a2e720.jpeg

I'll bring cheeseburgers (even though I am not in paradise).

image.png.7aca80b9f776c242ee805a300d6d8bab.png

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

We're back! Yay!

Wow, did I ever get a lot of stuff done during our Primetimer's vacay.

2/5 and no *

Since I've perfected the recipe, I'm bringing chocolate mousse cheesecakes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Bliss said:

Since I've perfected the recipe, I'm bringing chocolate mousse cheesecakes.

Ooo. Yes, please. Any pictures? 

BTW, when taking pictures on an iPhone, if it is in the "Live" (default) mode, it will get a lot smaller for uploading here if you do a screenshot of the picture, which will not be in Live mode.

And if you take it not too close so you can crop it, it will be an even smaller file size.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Apparently, my brain was on a break all week, as well.  0/5

Grub Hub screwed up my order and instead of getting my one 6" Subway sandwich, they gave me the order of Lisa R. (so easily confused with Lucy P, I guess) that had TWO cheeseburgers, tortilla chips & bacon queso sauce, an order of home-made chips, and a giant order of tater tots with ranch dressing, all from Bad Daddy's Big Burgers. AND they refunded my Subway order. ALL that food for free!  Cheeseburgers!  I WAS in Paradise!!  I hope Lisa R. was able to re-order. She'd have been mightily disappointed in my roast beef half-sub.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 5

Missed everyone desperately - kept checking the site to see if the countdown clock to restoration was replaced by the normal site.  Sometimes I worry about my sanity, other times I just go with the flow.  

3/5 with no * for me this week - Pimpernel, Buffet and Adelaide.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
5 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Grub Hub screwed up my order and instead of getting my one 6" Subway sandwich, they gave me the order of Lisa R. (so easily confused with Lucy P, I guess) that had TWO cheeseburgers, tortilla chips & bacon queso sauce, an order of home-made chips, and a giant order of tater tots with ranch dressing, all from Bad Daddy's Big Burgers. AND they refunded my Subway order. ALL that food for free!  Cheeseburgers!  I WAS in Paradise!!  I hope Lisa R. was able to re-order. She'd have been mightily disappointed in my roast beef half-sub.

LOL! But maybe Lisa was Breaking her diet with that order after a Break-up because her ex declared one too many times "We were on a BREAK!!!" — and so the other Lisa took a Grub Hub credit and ate your sandwich.🙃

3 minutes ago, Grundoon59 said:

Missed everyone desperately - kept checking the site to see if the countdown clock to restoration was replaced by the normal site.  Sometimes I worry about my sanity, other times I just go with the flow. 

Exactly the same for me. We must at least be 30th cousins. 😉

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

Who'da thought that my 1/5 would put me in the top 50th percentile (I'm guessing - didn't technically count 'em up and do the math)?

Week 21 - 1/5, no *.  Overall 48/105, 3/19*

Contestants:  6/15

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Grundoon59 said:

Missed everyone desperately - kept checking the site to see if the countdown clock to restoration was replaced by the normal site. 

I use Dropbox Paper for a page that has all my "bookmark" links plus clues as to what my user name & password are any given site.  I had to highlight Primetimer to remind myself not to check until Monday, 3 PM.  (And then I stayed up all night, went to bed at 1 PM and slept 12 hours, so I missed the 3 PM reintroduction.)

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

The universe decide to give you a lift up after the 0/5. Boy, that's a lot of food! I wonder if tater tots crisp up in a toaster oven as well as french fries do (or an air fryer). If there were any leftover, anyway. 😉

3 hours ago, Grundoon59 said:

Hey, I had the site up and refreshed it exactly when the countdown clock got to zero. Plus, I kept checking it during the week, just in case... LOL. I can blame it on wanting to get the weekly post up, but really, it was just because I missed everyone so much. And I'm a bit obsessive now and then.

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Week 22: 2/5
YTD: 59/110 (54%) with 4*

Editing because I messed up my scorecard.

Week 22: 0/5
YTD: 57/110 (52%) with 4*

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

Week 22 - I walked the line to another big 1/5, but at least one of them was the *.

Overall - 49/110, 4/22*

Matched the contestants this week - they were 3/15.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

Sorry, I forgot yesterday was Friday. You lose track of days once you retire (at least I do)

Week 22 – Feb. 5 – Three Asterisks
106.     WORLD FLAGS - The flag of this Asian nation features part of a World Heritage Site built in the 12th century (Cambodia)
107.     *LITERARY CHARACTERS - A 1902 work says an enigmatic character has a half-English mom & a half-French dad, but this name of his is German for "short" (Kurtz)
108.     *WONDERS OF THE ANCIENT WORLD - Achilles Tatius wrote that it "was like a mountain... at the top of this mountain rose a second sun" (The lighthouse at Alexandria)
109.     *COUNTRY MUSIC - "It was kind of a prodding to myself to play it straight", said Johnny Cash of this 1956 hit (I Walk The Line)
110.     NOVEL CHARACTERS - It's this character who's spoken of in the line "Reader, I forgave him at the moment & on the spot" (Mr. Rochester)

• Wink 1
  • Thanks 2

2/5 and one * (Cambodia and IWTL)

Pickins are slim this week... need to go shopping! After a $1,000 vet bill, I'll be checking the specials. How about a platter of veggies with hummus?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Week 22: 0/5, no *

YTD: 51/110, six *

Bagels for me this week!

@Bliss, I had a $400 vet bill this week. Moto had a dental, and had to have three teeth pulled. He's doing well now, and his breath is much sweeter,

• Like 2

Week 22: 2/5 + 1*.  Tuesday I got as far as Kurt but that doesn't count.  Wednesday I was sure it was the Great Pyramid because it originally had a shiny cap.  Country music is not my category but "I" got this one.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Okay, I don't know what I did on my scorecard but I need to amend my report. Sadly, for the worse. I did not actually get any this week.

• Hugs 4
  • Sad 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Okay, I don't know what I did on my scorecard but I need to amend my report. Sadly, for the worse. I did not actually get any this week.

Considering that 3 out of 5 FJs were TS for Champions, I'd say it was a rough week for FJ, and — while not wanting to belittle those above who got any of the FJs — probably a good example of It's Easy If You Know It. 

…unless maybe it's just that my upper respiratory crap is contagious over the internet and was able to time travel to the Alex Trebeck Stage.🤧

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 1
7 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

…unless maybe it's just that my upper respiratory crap is contagious over the internet and was able to time travel to the Alex Trebeck Stage.🤧

I'm getting over a cold, too, so...we'll blame that.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
11 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

0/5.

GODDAMN YOU JANE EYRE AND EVERYTHING ELSE!

IMG_0527.jpeg.4cad10ba9b198bd462eee3b85d1801e5.jpeg

I’ll be eating dry cereal this week. I don’t deserve donuts.

Someone's gotta have a donut cereal out there, don't they?

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Sure. Little candy-coated pills to give you diabetes:

image.thumb.png.26b7f1d75a16feba92809a5a46d2d288.png

18 minutes ago, theartandsound said:

Don't knock dry cereal. Sometimes and depending on which cereal it can hit the spot.

Just because we got 0/5 doesn't mean we can't have some milk with our cereal. 😉

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1
12 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

0/5.

GODDAMN YOU JANE EYRE AND EVERYTHING ELSE!

IMG_0527.jpeg.4cad10ba9b198bd462eee3b85d1801e5.jpeg

I’ll be eating dry cereal this week. I don’t deserve donuts.

If you don't deserve donuts after feeling bad about your score, when do you deserve them? I mean, they are one of the ultimate comfort foods.

Here you go, and @shapeshifter too (and anyone else who feels low about their score:

image.thumb.png.784e73736bd054019277ee1cb801d6ba.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Oh yeah, they're out there. Kellogg's has a version and so does Post, bringing Hostess in to seal the deal. 

Screenshot_20240211_132148_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20240211_132253_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Wink 1