Type keyword(s) to search

Season 40 Final Jeopardy Contest

Clanstarling
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

3/5 with one * 

I’m bringing some French Onion soup to ward off any chills. 

A little brandy in French onion soup does wonders for it.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I'll bring my leftover dark chocolate birthday cake from last night - no pictures (it isn't fancy, just deep chocolate goodness). And by giving you the virtual leftovers - I can still eat the IRL leftovers (my precious...)😉

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I'll bring my leftover dark chocolate birthday cake from last night - no pictures (it isn't fancy, just deep chocolate goodness). And by giving you the virtual leftovers - I can still eat the IRL leftovers (my precious...)😉

Sounds yummy! 🎂 Happy birthday 🎈

• Like 1
  • Fire 3
  • Thanks 1

I should probably save this for my inevitable next 0/5, but I didn't want the trail of the donut thief to grow cold:

10,000 Krispy Kreme doughnuts on the lamb lam:

01xp-donuts-qjbz-superJumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp

…Reader, please select your own corny first line for this article:

1. Talk about a sticky-fingered thief!
  2. It’s a crime you just can’t sugar coat.
  3. I’ve heard of stealing some dough, but this is ridiculous.

…Reader, please select your own corny final sentence for this article:

1. If an arrest is made, it is expected to be followed by sweet justice leavened with mercy.
  2. Perhaps the police will be hunting for someone with a glazed expression.
  3. And that’s the hole truth.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • LOL 8

Somehow lucky guessed my way to 5/5 with 2*.  Oxford just popped in my head from who knows where and I heard the factoid about Stonehenge on some television program I watched recently (thank you Britbox and/or PBS!).  The Warren Commission was in my brain thanks to all the recent anniversary coverage and Iowa/Great Salt Lake were guesses that worked.

Would some garlic bread go well with the French Onion Soup?  I can also bring a salad.  As usual, everyone's contributions sound wonderful.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 5

Sorry to be so late. It's been a week...

Week 13 • Dec. 4  
61.     20th CENTURY NOVELS - The Atlanta History Center says this novel was "both beloved & condemned from almost the moment of its publication" in 1936 (Gone With the Wind)
62.     2020s TELEVISION - The title locale of this series is really the Belnord, dating to 1908 & located at 86th & Broadway on NYC's Upper West Side (Only Murders in the Building)
63.     FAMOUS NAMES - Subject of a 2003 film, his 1947 obituary said he fathered at least 100 & died of a heart attack at 14, at a California ranch (Seabiscuit)
64.     LANGUAGES - Since it can make someone "Japanese laugh as heartily as a Dane", Lillian Gish saw film as an aesthetic this, the name of a language (Esperanto)
65.     ANCIENT HISTORY - Before visiting Achilles' tomb, this man threw his spear onto the ground in Asia & declared the continent "spear-won" (Alexander the Great)

• Thanks 4
13 hours ago, Driad said:

Week 13: 4/5.  Bringing truffles, the chocolate kind.  (I can't afford the fungus kind.)

Rich or not, (not) I prefer the chocolate kind!

4 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Three this week, no asterisks (if there were any)

No asterisks this week.

4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

EB7D3C35-C412-41C6-B436-BF53527B0B6C.thumb.jpeg.4f399a40c371b0e285807e10c54eceea.jpeg

2/5 this week. 
I’ll bring a charcuterie for everyone to share. (Shown is one I actually made) 

That and chocolate truffles, plus pretzels and melted chocolate - I just gained 2 pounds, and I love it!

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

Week 13:  2/5   Overall: 35/65   3*.    I made "Never Fail Fudge" (you know, the recipe on the marshmallow fluff--nut free) to send to my sister as part of her Xmas package and have plenty left over, so I'll bring that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Week twelve: four of five, with one asterisk. I missed Oxford, even though I've been there twice!

Week thirteen: five of five!

I've been out of pocket, what with celebrating Mom's 100th birthday a few weeks ago. We had a wonderful time with the whole family, down to the great-grandchildren. I'd offer some birthday cake, but we didn't have one. Mom likes strawberry shortcake or lemon meringue pie for her birthdays; this year was strawberry shortcake!

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
14 hours ago, j5cochran said:

Mom likes strawberry shortcake or lemon meringue pie for her birthdays; this year was strawberry shortcake!

My Dad's favorite was strawberry shortcake. Mom made it every year.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Like 2

3/5 this week.  Like so many others, I was doing well early in the week and then faded.  For Esperanto, I knew what they were looking for but could not summon the answer in any way, shape or form.  For Alexander the Great, I was going a whole different direction and landed somewhere around Genghis Khan.  

Happy to be at such a popular table.  I will offer up some turkey noodle soup I made with Thanksgiving leftovers and some garlic bread because that makes everything better.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1