Type keyword(s) to search

Season 40 Final Jeopardy Contest

Clanstarling
  • Start Topic

Watch or check out FJ answers on J!Archive or The Jeopardy Fan (or whatever source floats your boat) and join us for fun and great food!

The contest applies to all Jeopardy shows broadcast in the regular Jeopardy time slot.

Get an * if you get a Final Jeopardy answer all the contestants miss. (Triple Stumpers - or TS)

We're a friendly and supportive group.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Like 7
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 2
29 minutes ago, Trey said:

Also, this may finally be the year I get 5/5.  I can only hope!

Last season I ended up with only 2 0s and just 1 5. Hoping to decrease the 0s and increase the 5s!

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I'm in!

1 hour ago, illdoc said:

Last season I ended up with only 2 0s and just 1 5. Hoping to decrease the 0s and increase the 5s!

I had two 0 weeks and one 5 week (and the 5 wasn't until week 43). Frankly surprised there weren't more 0s. Hoping I'll do better this year.

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 2

I'm in for Season 40! Still searching for that elusive 5/5 week, but I did up my 4/5 game in S39 so maybe the upcoming season will be the one. 🤞

I haven't watched any of the reruns since S39 ended. When does S40 start?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Trey said:

I'll be here.  This is one of my most favourite threads.

Also, this may finally be the year I get 5/5.  I can only hope!

That is my goal as well! I came close a few times last year.

Needless to say, I will be in!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, ProudMary said:

I'm in for Season 40! Still searching for that elusive 5/5 week, but I did up my 4/5 game in S39 so maybe the upcoming season will be the one. 🤞

I will still be here to lower the curve.📉📊

I have hopes of getting a couple of 4/5s, but I must admit, if I was seriously watching and studying reruns, that would be much more likely. 

But just like our virtual chocolate deserts, I enjoy the virtual competition of it all. 🤩❤️

And I love having so much opportunity to applaud everyone's efforts.pt-claps.png

ETA this post...

8 hours ago, ProudMary said:

I'm sure that 99% of players in this thread are already aware of this but The Jeopardy Fan makes it even easier than J!Archive as they post only the FJ clue and response daily. Another big plus is that they have the day's clue and correct response posted by lunchtime. You have to wait on J!Archive. 

...so (unlike so many things these days) I can easily find The Jeopardy Fan  FJ post, which, I now see, requires a lot of intentional scrolling to see the FJ answer, so I am unlikely to accidentally spoil myself. 🙃

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 3
10 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

...so (unlike so many things these days) I can easily find The Jeopardy Fan  FJ post, which, I now see, requires a lot of intentional scrolling to see the FJ answer, so I am unlikely to accidentally spoil myself. 🙃

You can also go to JBoard which shows the question but puts the answer in spoiler tags so you can't accidentally see it.  And you only have to scroll down a couple of posts.

JBoard

• Like 1
15 hours ago, ProudMary said:

September 11th, I believe. Got to get my new and improved spreadsheet up and running in a few days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1

Please count me in for Season 40.  I too will be checking online until the strike ends (parental Grundoons would expect no less as they were both active union members with whom I spent many a Labor Day marching down Woodward Avenue in Detroit's parade).  

• Like 3

Go ahead and add a row (column?) for me if you haven't already.

Question about watching and the strikes:
If I watch via streaming cable subscription, what entities gather those statistics? 
I mean:

• Nielsen or Nielsen-esque ratings stats gatherers?
  • The cable/internet provider (Spectrum) and, if so, do they provide those stats to the networks or shows or . . . ?
  • Any others?
  • Like 3

If you are a newcomer, or an oldtimer who hasn't posted that you're in, don't worry. Just post your scores at the end of week 1 (or whenever you join), and you'll get put on the spreadsheet.

Looking forward to hearing from you in the Season 40 Final Jeopardy contest, be it by viewing, Jeopardy related websites, or your neighborhood psychic!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

If you are a newcomer, or an oldtimer who hasn't posted that you're in, don't worry. Just post your scores at the end of week 1 (or whenever you join), and you'll get put on the spreadsheet.

Looking forward to hearing from you in the Season 40 Final Jeopardy contest, be it by viewing, Jeopardy related websites, or your neighborhood psychic!

Would this be a good time to remind our fellow posters that we need to abide by the overall spoiler rule for the forum?  (As in, don’t post about the current day’s show before 7pm ET - I think I have that right?  And don’t read the thread after that time if you want to avoid spoilers.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
3 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Would this be a good time to remind our fellow posters that we need to abide by the overall spoiler rule for the forum?  (As in, don’t post about the current day’s show before 7pm ET - I think I have that right?  And don’t read the thread after that time if you want to avoid spoilers.)

Yes, 7pm ET. The official Season 40 thread is up (will unlock Monday at 7) with the rules reminder.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I’m in! Although I’m not expecting more than a participation trophy, unless Jeopardy finally comes to its senses and gets rid of pointless categories like geography. 😉

I will be out of town (in @shapeshifter territory, I believe!) for the first week, so my results will be delayed. I hope that’s not a problem.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I’m in! Although I’m not expecting more than a participation trophy, unless Jeopardy finally comes to its senses and gets rid of pointless categories like geography. 😉

I will be out of town (in @shapeshifter territory, I believe!) for the first week, so my results will be delayed. I hope that’s not a problem.

Not a problem. The space for your results will be waiting...

BTW - I just saw that Monday Night Football premieres on the 11th as well - so those who are watching may be impacted. Remember to check YouTube if you are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

BTW - I just saw that Monday Night Football premieres on the 11th as well - so those who are watching may be impacted. Remember to check YouTube if you are.

I just checked the listings and foosball starts at 8:00, with some "Countdown" show at 7:30. J! is at 7:00 so at least the NY metro area is okay.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
23 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

Okay here too on CBS:
image.png.906f1872c3382eb0b4e735c288e6f322.png

Random related observations and stuff:
WoF is postponed until 2:37a.m.
I wonder if there's a presumption that a lot of Wheel Watchers still have VCRs and other recording capabilities?
Or if it's just not that competitive, so watching it live isn't as much of an issue?

Anyway, thanks, @Clanstarling!
I’m ready now:
D4CC6284-623E-4E96-981F-B832A9263DBD.thumb.jpeg.1df4cdb7fb4fa1a3c4bd73bf9f166ff0.jpeg

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Okay here too on CBS:
image.png.906f1872c3382eb0b4e735c288e6f322.png

Random related observations and stuff:
WoF is postponed until 2:37a.m.
I wonder if there's a presumption that a lot of Wheel Watchers still have VCRs and other recording capabilities?
Or if it's just not that competitive, so watching it live isn't as much of an issue?  
Anyway, I’m ready:D4CC6284-623E-4E96-981F-B832A9263DBD.thumb.jpeg.1df4cdb7fb4fa1a3c4bd73bf9f166ff0.jpeg

I doubt many have VCRs now but most probably have DVRs with their cable providers. Not that WoF would be recorded by many anyway as it's really just hangman for  money and most of us played it at some time in our life whereas J actually teaches us facts (mostly). YMMV

• Like 3
On 9/10/2023 at 7:36 AM, ams1001 said:

I just checked the listings and foosball starts at 8:00, with some "Countdown" show at 7:30. J! is at 7:00 so at least the NY metro area is okay.

Yeah, ya'll on the east coast are generally good - being on the west coast, our Jeopardy is often delayed.  I can't speak for the other time zones. 🙂

On 9/10/2023 at 10:36 AM, ams1001 said:

I can only hope that isn't a typo...

• Wink 1
  • LOL 7

Found you! Looking forward to the friendly banter and the food!

I've been a bit absent lately (for a few months in truth) due to my old laptop giving me issues and the advertising on this site slowed it down to less than neutral (car-speak). For some reason, my patience isn't what it used to be pre-retirement. Yes, I am officially retired. I'm not sure when it happened... as I'm still working on Freedom95 with some clients who refuse to fire me.

Please count me in @Clanstarling as I saw tonight's show (Sept 11) and so far I haven't lost a FJ yet this season. LOL

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

I'm thinking it might just be easier for @Clanstarling starling3.png.bccbf6e4cc5b1590563e38b4bcc8d15d.png to fill down my column with zeros for the season, and then maybe enter in the numbers of any of my surprise FJ gets.

Nope, not the way I have it laid out. 😊 Don't mess with my new (and hopefully improved) system! 😆 You'll do better than you think. And so far this season there haven't been any FJ Triple Stumpers. If it continues this week, then everyone will have a zero in their columns! And that's dead easy to fill out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1