Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

We are going to have melt downs because Gerry makes them all feel special.

They all think “Gerry is my person!” And, frankly, he also thinks everyone could be the woman he’s looking for. 

What are the chances Susan hoped that they have a ride on a yacht on the water—the second before Faith comes back in to tell then about her helicopter/yacht date? The producers are really getting them all riled up on what to say, but worse than that, the women seem to genuinely believe everything they’re told to say and think.

• Like 4

I'm just going on record to say that I think he should pick the pickleball woman.  He's nuts about pickleball, she's extremely involved in pickleball--captain of her league and so forth.

They could do worse for common ground, once this wingnut show is finished and they're looking around for something they like about each other.

• Like 12

Too much kissing .. I have to look away.  I liked Faiths outfit on the special date.  Gerry knows how to talk to a woman.  He says the same with all of them.

Good Lord.  Teresa is giving him all she’s got.  She’s possessed.  I don’t think she’s the one tho.  Yikes!

• Like 16

Gerry is shaking his head no as he’s agreeing with Theresa about their amazing connection. Hmm. Also shaking his head no to Susan that “I don’t know either” whether he’s going to her hometown.

Conversely, he’s telling Leslie about his feelings for her first, that he thinks about her at night. His body language and facial gestures when talking with Leslie is completely different than the others. He might be saying similar things to most of them, but his gasp in response to Leslie’s love declaration and response of, “You’re my girl” I think is the first genuine acknowledgement of feelings on his part.

Gerry’s back to shaking his head no to telling Ellen how special their connection is.

wow. The producers really told them to put their hearts on the line to get the hometown date, and they all delivered!I think Sandra is the only one who didn’t tell him she’s falling in love with him.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

He's definitely going to pick Leslie and Theresa (she bugs me, but I'm not the Golden Bachelor).

I hope not Leslie (final 3) but I'm going with Faith for the win!  Even though Susan seems awesome.

• Like 6

When Ellen was just standing in line hollering, “Bye, Susan!” I was like, Is she just not leaving?!? That would’ve been epic. Why is Ellen not getting a hometown if she’s the obvious “fourth place” finisher? They always go to four hometowns. But maybe since the show is only an hour—and fewer episodes, too—they had always planned on only 3 hometowns.

• Like 6

Gary is starting to get on my nerves and I'm not sure I've been able to distinguish  any real feelings for any of the final three.  I don't know why I don't like Leslie but obviously he picked her as a finalist.  I just can't imagine him really being in love with anyone yet.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
50 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

When Ellen was just standing in line hollering, “Bye, Susan!” I was like, Is she just not leaving?!? That would’ve been epic. Why is Ellen not getting a hometown if she’s the obvious “fourth place” finisher? They always go to four hometowns. But maybe since the show is only an hour—and fewer episodes, too—they had always planned on only 3 hometowns.

Not enough time.  They cut this show very short with everything.  Maybe it will be an hour next time.  Seems like it was a hit .. no?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

He's definitely going to pick Leslie and Theresa (she bugs me, but I'm not the Golden Bachelor).

I can't stand Theresa and I lost some respect for him when he picked her again. She's such a shit-stirrer.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

The producers really told them to put their hearts on the line to get the hometown date, and they all delivered!I think Sandra is the only one who didn’t tell him she’s falling in love with him.

I  don't  see  any connection  with Gerry and Sandra but he probably side eyed  her after the whole missing the daughter's  wedding to be on the show.

I don't care how old the daughter  is and how many times she's been married as  a daughter, if my  dad brought home a lady who did that,  I would  think it's a red flag.

1 hour ago, endure said:

Gary is starting to get on my nerves and I'm not sure I've been able to distinguish  any real feelings for any of the final three.  I don't know why I don't like Leslie but obviously he picked her as a finalist.  I just can't imagine him really being in love with anyone yet.

Gerry  kisses  too much and too many women too often, it's gross.

Leslie and Faith look so similar to  me and both broken  birds which he seems to like.

Theresa is homely and weird.

Still think he ends up picking himself as his loose lips look are  most interested  in kissing  as many woman as possible and he's going to have 10000s  of  DMS waiting  for him after the show.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

Does anyone else feel like Gerry's too free with the "you're my girl"s  and such? It's like he sincerely wants to be nice but it gives the woman a certain and possibly wrong impression.

I'm also starting to get a creepy feeling about a man being handed a harem.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
17 minutes ago, LEILANI2 said:

I  don't  see  any connection  with Gerry and Sandra but he probably side eyed  her after the whole missing the daughter's  wedding to be on the show.

I don't care how old the daughter  is and how many times she's been married as  a daughter, if my  dad brought home a lady who did that,  I would  think it's a red flag.

Leslie and Faith look so similar to  me and both broken  birds which he seems to like.

Theresa is homely and weird.

Still think he ends up picking himself as his loose lips look are  most interested  in kissing  as many woman as possible and he's going to have 10000s  of  DMS waiting  for him after the show.

I agree that Leslie and Faith are similar but I don’t mind  Faith.   The kissing and crying are too much

• Like 6
1 hour ago, JeanJean said:

Does anyone else feel like Gerry's too free with the "you're my girl"s  and such? It's like he sincerely wants to be nice but it gives the woman a certain and possibly wrong impression.

Not necessarily.  I actually thought he was pretty reserved tonight except with two women.  He clearly was very into Faith on their date.  And then he came closest to reciprocating with Leslie with "my girl" and then responding to one of her wishes with "I will" which revealed that she was likely getting a rose this week.

But everyone else?  I don't think he developed a major connection with Sandra.  I think he adores Susan but everything about their conversations feels like "great friends" more than romance.  I think he had big emotional connections with Ellen and Theresa over loss but I felt he pulled back on both of them tonight.  They were declaring their love and yet all Gerry could muster is "thanks for sharing" and didn't seem to go into the kisses the way he did with both Faith and Leslie.

I want Susan to be the Golden Bachelorette.  There's probably not a chance in hell but "stay away from my boobs" cracked me up.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

Gerry clearly has a preference for brunettes. 

I wish the eliminated women were allowed to stick around in the mansion for comic relief, commentary, and good vibes. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 14
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JeanJean said:

Does anyone else feel like Gerry's too free with the "you're my girl"s  and such? 

The producers are playing games again. When they showed the preview for tonight's show, the "you're my girl" comment was shown when Gerry was holding Ellen. Tonight we saw him actually say that to Leslie.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1

There's no denying Gerry has aged well. 

As for monikers, whattayagonna do? Some just are shorthand connotations! 

Karen. Barbie. Jezebel. Ken. A John might not want to be a "John" or a john! Oh Mary, don't ask!

I haven't read any Spoilers. But I'd be very surprised, if only for the sake of this network experiment in demographics, if Gerry exited alone. Can't have the Golden Bachelor be Iron Pyrite!

Three brunettes for the Hometown Visits. Who'da thunk?! 😉

If I had to guess, I'd say F1 is Faith.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Karen. Barbie. Jezebel. Ken. A John might not want to be a "John" or a john! Oh Mary, don't ask!

I haven't read any Spoilers. But I'd be very surprised, if only for the sake of this network experiment in demographics, if Gerry exited alone. Can't have the Golden Bachelor be Iron Pyrite!

I like Faith. I think Leslie is still messed up from previous  relationships.  Theresa is okay, a bit too needy. Maybe home town dates, we'll see a different  side to all of them.

• Like 7
5 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Gerry clearly has a preference for brunettes. 

I wish the eliminated women were allowed to stick around in the mansion for comic relief, commentary, and good vibes. 

It is interesting as I had read that he doesn't have a type early on, so I assumed he was going to go for all the blondes. Guess not. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Ellen is 71, Sandra 75, Susan 66

Faith is 60

Leslie 64

Theresa 69

It's my guess he's going to pick Faith.  Although his thing for Theresa continues to amaze me and may keep on amazing me to the very end.

I think he is going to pick Leslie. 

• Like 6

Well, these three finalists are the three that I was least impressed with from night one. Not particularly interested in watching the rest of the show. Theresa in particular is homely and weird - I can't imagine what he sees in her.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Yes, Faith, but no marriage.  IMO.

• Like 3

I've been away for a few weeks so am dropping in after missing a lot. But poor Sandra seems very uncomfortable here (like I would be). She always seems to be holding back. I'm guessing she's way too introverted for this. Did she get a one-on-one while I was away?

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I've been away for a few weeks so am dropping in after missing a lot. But poor Sandra seems very uncomfortable here (like I would be). She always seems to be holding back. I'm guessing she's way too introverted for this. Did she get a one-on-one while I was away?

my impression is that Susan had decided early on that they were not a match, so was just enjoying her time in the mansion with the other ladies until she was eliminated

• Like 18
  • Applause 3
21 minutes ago, cinsays said:

my impression is that Susan had decided early on that they were not a match, so was just enjoying her time in the mansion with the other ladies until she was eliminated

Very much so!  She didn't really partake in any cattiness and was always just smiling and giving off the 'let's just have some fun' vibes.  I ended up really liking her.

• Like 18
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

Is she still working as a hairdresser?   If so, she will have clients, of both genders, lined up around the block.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

My goodness,  for all the money,  I am assuming, they all put in their hair, this was a rough episode!   I see them at the mansion with the hair scrunchy, standing by, on the wrist... but i guess they don't bring them on a date.   lol    Faith seemed to manage hers.   But the Santa Monica pier too it's toll on them all.  Even Gerry seemed a little more out of place, than usual.    Only Susan's hair could handle it!   lol  

Seriously, warn  them, if they are going in a convertible.   

I was watching Theresa when they were all on that roller coaster and I felt like maybe she was struggling to not throw up.   She was trying to look like she was having fun but she was not quite able to sell it.   

I'm not looking forward to the home town dates as much.   I  don't really like when they have younger kids on a show like this and from the clips, the grandkids seem pretty well coached.   lol   Well I would hope that no one, including kids, are pushed into doing this if they don't really want to.   I know it would be  a hard pass, if anyone wanted me to take part in something like this.  

• Like 9
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

Totally agree. I wasn't sure about her initially but I ended up really liking her. She seems so fun. 

• Like 10

Leslie at 60 just seems way too young for him.  Same with Nancy (I think that was her name, who left because of her daughter's baby). I'm 55 and would never date anyone that old.  Garry reminds me more of my dad than a potential mate.   I think 60 to 72 is a huge age gap as so many people start having health issues in their 70's and definitley in their 80's.  It seems like he's attracted to the more sexy ladies (minus Theresa), who seem to be the opposite of his wife.  

I also found Garry getting on my nerves tonight.  His Kermit voice would drive me nuts.  And his "beautiful blue eyes" just seem more bug eyed to me.   He just seems a bit dopey.  Besides the fact that he has a dead wife and likes pickleball, I don't really know anything about him. 

I love Susan, she seems so kind, and I actually found Kathy pretty funny in some of her talking heads.  

Really wish they showed more of the new bachelor.  I loved seeing him.  

Edited by Katie111
  • Like 10

Ugh don't like any of the finalists but then I don't care for wimpy Gerry either.

Felt a little bad for Ellen and she looked a little pissed that she wasn't picked.

Does he have a thing for hot tubs?  Bet he hooked up with both Leslie and Faith.  

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

I *still* can’t tell Leslie and Faith apart. 

Leslie is the pathetic one who can't focus on anything but her love for Gerry and her nervousness and upset when he talks to anyone else.  She's whiny and I don't like her.  Faith at least seems like she can hold it together when Gerry isn't with her.

13 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

Amen.  Blech.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, cinsays said:

my impression is that Susan had decided early on that they were not a match,

but I was talking about Sandra (the Black woman, not the short haired woman). This was my comment about Sandra:

3 hours ago, Katie111 said:

I also found Garry getting on my nerves tonight.  His Kermit voice would drive me nuts. 

OMG kermit voice. Yes! 'He does seem a bit of a drip. What is he ACTUALLY like, other than "kind"?

Edited by dleighg
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

The statement, find someone you can't live without - that's a nice sentiment.  However, was it Leslie who told him she can't live without him?  Really? Wow, if someone told me that early in a relationship I would want to run. And I would never say it. And the over-sharing about past relationships and being hurt so many times.  Do they not realize they come across as damaged?  We've all been hurt but you don't have to put everything out there in early days. I'm not saying to lie or put up a false front, but when they start crying about how they have never had someone who really cares about them - red flags!  

Edited by debbie311
misspelling
  • Like 11
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

So long, Pickleball.  I could see that you just wanted to get the hell out of there with your dignity intact, i.e. without bursting into tears, and you didn't want or need any of that "Let me walk you out" consolation nonsense.  You'll be okay.

I also liked Susan.  I was surprised she lasted this long since she's more sturdy than fragile and doesn't kill herself maintaining 60-year old hair halfway down her back.

But she seems affable and pragmatic and she's close to what his late wife looked like, so I decided she had a shot.

Nope.  I guess he prefers his ladies with their lips all a'quiver.

Pfft.

• Like 15
  • Applause 2