Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E04: Eviction #1

Message added by Dustbunny,

Please Remember:  NO LIVE FEEDS TALK IN THE EPISODE THREADS.

• Start Topic

Honestly? What a bad and boring episode for a first eviction.

Weird editing, the Luke stuff was handled so weirdly and so quickly (the Izzy/Reilly segment lasted longer than the Luke stuff), the voting went on way too long, a boring ass unanimous eviction, no chance of a pre-jury battleback in a 100 day season, and a weird ending with a not-explained twist and then the crappy ending where we're supposed to be wondering where the houseguests went.

They probably told them to go hide upstairs, let's be real.

Yawn, if this is how all eviction episodes are gonna go, I might be dropping out of this season sooner than expected.

The only good part was Cory's shout-out (I BEAT YOU, ZACH!)

• Like 9

Josh is not, nor has he EVER been, my favorite former houseguest.

Did they garble Luke’s slur?  Because what they presented doesn’t sound like he said what they said that he said.

Kirsten was gobsmacked at getting voted out.  She was gobsmacked that Cirie is Jared’s mom.  They really should have kept her, not the least because she really rocked that leotard.  Hot damn.  So sad to lose the pretty!

Did they not explain to Matt how the voting goes?  The show isn’t really looking so good here.

Sounds like Jared slipped up.  Hopefully there is some fallout shown on Sunday’s show, but with the way this show is edited, most likely not.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 3

Luke...what can I say. Tanks his own game and now is probably going to be canceled in real life.

Eviction should have been canceled as well but I have no doubt Production is drooling at the prospect of using the unexpected opening to activate the Scrambleverse and send the obnoxious Franke Grande into the game at some point.

With the departures of Luke and Kirstin the already low ranks of eye candy received a body blow tonight.

If anyone understood Kirstin's explanation for being voted out your mensa.

Julie was THIS close to asking the most OBVIOUS question in the world, "Who said that was Cirie's son's name" but her programming kicked in and she closed her mouth.

I wish I could remember that website that tracks Diary Room #s as I would love to see Cirie's compared to everyone elses like Bowie Jane who I believe got none.

It's only a matter of time before Cirie and Felcia go all HIGHLANDER...there can only be one MAMA BEAR in the house.

Finally the producers think we are stupid by always including the "packet" where they try and make it seem the majority alliance will switch voting out their own nominee....spoiler alert: they never do.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Like 2
51 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Did they garble Luke’s slur?  Because what they presented doesn’t sound like he said what they said that he said.

They muted him saying it on the show (of course they aren’t going to air that) but it was clear as day in the video online of the incident.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
44 minutes ago, mojoween said:

The actual word was bleeped/blocked/muffled/whatever you want to call it. Not surprising, I’m just shocked that they showed as much as they did. I really expected a quick, vague announcement from Julie and poof, no more Luke.

And c’mon, Hisam,you didn’t hear it? Yes you did, we saw your reaction. What does it benefit you to pretend otherwise? 

This was a weird episode. No HoH, cliffhanger of missing HGs (oh no, are they all in the Nether Regions? Will anyone ever explain to Julie what that really means??), long boring-ass eviction.  If we are to expect the unexpected, then I guess the unexpected is eye-rolling banality. (And please, stop showing that season-opening laser bullshit. You’re embarrassing yourselves.)

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Finally the producers think we are stupid by always including the "packet" where they try and make it seem the majority alliance will switch voting out their own nominee....spoiler alert: they never do.

This.  I always hope against hope that they will actually do what they're all mulling over, but yeah, they never do.  

2 hours ago, mojoween said:

Did they not explain to Matt how the voting goes?

Matt, being hearing-imparied, apparently didn't hear Julie the first time she said, "Thank you, Matt," after he voted.

• Like 3

Not a good look for BB production to make a big deal about being zero tolerance on racism and ditching Luke, then leave Matt hanging in the diary room after the vote due to lack of accommodation for or sensitivity to his healing loss, on the same episode.

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

So Production must have watched a bunch of episodes of Storage Wars and thought "Hey, let's go try to buy a locker a see what we can find to use on the show.  As a bonus, we can try to recruit that douchy guy that dresses like a reject from auditions for extras in Fast and Furious to be a houseguest!".    And apparently they found a Video Toaster circa 1995 used for season one of the syndicated hit Time Trax (and one episode of Babylon 5).  And by God they're going to get their money's worth on the $7.95 they spent on that locker and use the hell out of those SFX in every episode this season.   But I exaggerate.   They're really using an old Commodore 64 Disney used to proof of concept Tron.

For the love of the multiverse I am so sick of unanimous votes.   For all the complaints about Survivor's constant changes to its bells and whistles, when gets to expected and stale at least they try to throw a wrench in the works to keep things from being boring,.   "They're forced to play the game like never before!"  If only, Julie.   Different season, same shit.   jhange the way nominations are picked, rework the veto, give the ants a vote.  Just do something. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Okay, they got me this time.  They actually had me convinced that the House was going to flip and kick out Felecia.  I mean, it makes sense - you get rid of a person who's known to be part of "the other side" and keep a person with NO allies at all.  Man, I feel so stupid! LOL  Well, at least I got a surprise as the voting went on.

Hisam "didn't hear" what Luke said, huh?  I guess his eyes ALWAYS completely bug out when someone says something he didn't quite pick up on.  Was he trying to hang Wormy Corey out to dry by denying everything? 

And why does Corey dress like a shoe-shine boy straight out of a 1940s detective movie?

I appreciate Julie's attempts to really sell the latest in-game twists, even if the twists are SO lame! haha

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
12 hours ago, dizzyd said:

I’m glad no more time was wasted on [Luke], he wasn’t worth it. 

I’m just glad future views of Luke’s weird-ass one-dead-eye/one-popeye headshot will be kept to an absolute minimum.  It was disturbing as hell (to me, anyway); kinda like a visual mashup of a douchebro with a picture of Columbo.

9 hours ago, mertensia said:

Yes, why on earth did Hiram say he didn't hear the slur? He clearly did and there is nothing to gain by lying.

26 minutes ago, Gregg247 said:

Hisam "didn't hear" what Luke said, huh?  I guess his eyes ALWAYS completely bug out when someone says something he didn't quite pick up on.  Was he trying to hang Wormy Corey out to dry by denying everything? 

I can think of only one reason for Hisam to lie - to cover his ass for not saying anything about it to the other HGs at the time of occurrence.  Hisam may have been afraid his sin of omission might be construed as him covering for Luke.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, SummerDreams said:

They had edited the show since Monday or something and they were so mad that Luke did this and they had to show it so they just added all this weird thing inside the pre-existing edited episode and what we got was a s@#$ salad that made no sense, the casual viewers had no idea what the hell happened, what word was used, what are the rules, we didn't even see Luke being told that he is being removed, only Jared was allowed to give his opinion.

It was extremely odd that they showed Luke going into the diary room, and then the same diary room door opens back up and Reilly comes out with a note.  Very poor editing...

• Like 1

I was shocked! shocked I tell you, that when Jared had the bandana on his head that people didn't immediately see his resemblance to Cirie and start questioning their relationship.  I actually thought it was Cirie for a moment.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

Also interesting was the fact that Kirstin mentioned that an hour before the eviction Jared said his nickname and "someone" (who???) said that Cirie has said she has a son with this nickname.

I'm not sure whether the producers wanted Kirstin to reveal this on the Sunday episode. Maybe they wanted to leave it until needed and continue to show that only Izzy knows Cirie's secret.

Corie saying "Zach I beat you" was hilarious given the fact that him being the brother of a former Survivor player who was voted out first is being kept secret from the show for some weird reason.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I know the racial slur is bad, but I was equally horrified by what Luke said afterward, about how Jared should have him on the ground and be standing over him screaming or whatever. That was awful. 

• Like 3

Well, I guess I should have Expected . . . . the . . . . Unexpected, because I would have put money down on Felicia being the first boot.

Really, show?  The one person over 60 is a bald woman in odd little shift dresses?

did I miss something.  what's with the babushka that Jared is wearing?  that's what it was always called in "my day".  and finally, someone is dressing Julie better.  So far, her outfits have been very classy and pretty.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I was shocked! shocked I tell you, that when Jared had the bandana on his head that people didn't immediately see his resemblance to Cirie and start questioning their relationship.  I actually thought it was Cirie for a moment.  

Bandana???????????? He looked more like an old style washer woman with her scarf on her head than anything else. 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, mertensia said:

Yes, why on earth did Hiram say he didn't hear the slur? He clearly did and there is nothing to gain by lying.

I thought it looked like he had that same expression for the whole conversation; I didn't really notice his face change.

Does that thing on Jared's head have any special significance?  Back in the olden days when I was growing up, it was called a Kerchief, mostly worn by middle aged women for various reasons, one being that in the Catholic religion women must have their heads covered, that rule no longer exists now, not sure when it changed tho, frankly I think he looks ridiculous. 

I never cared for Cirie, and I'm  sick of these shows regurgitating these famewhores. Are we really supposed to be excited about this setup.  I'd be some pissed if I was any of the other houseguests, tho I expect by the time they figure it out it will be too late..

Edited by wintrygal
  • Like 2