Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Damn, Lady Gaga WAS the best thing about this season of American Horror Story.  But the whole show sucked so badly this season ....  it pains me to see anyone receive an award for it.

I concur.

Small voice...I did not like Kirsten Dunst in Fargo.

• Love 2

Does she have some sort of hip injury? She's not moving too well. She looked to be in pain. 

That's what I was wondering in an earlier post.

Even though I loved Fargo I really don't care that Kirsten Dunst didn't actualize herself with a Golden Globe.

Kirsten Dunst for some cleavage! I haven't seen a lot of the shows nominated tonight, so I don't know if Gaga's award was deserved or not. But, ever since I saw her TV special (a few years ago) where she dropped all the costuming and "image," and just sang, I have admired her. She has a beautiful voice when not gimmicked up.

• Love 4

Did anyone catch the face Leo made when Gaga bumped his chair. The shade!

I saw that and I bet he wasn't the only one. I've never seen the show or her acting, so I can't comment, but I hate most of her music, so I'm apt to agree with him. 

• Love 3
Malek was wonderful. I wonder if the show is just too out there for voters.

Well it wasn't too out there enough to stop Christian Slater from winning. I have no issues with Hamm winning, especially as it was his last chance to do so for Mad Men but anyone who has watched Mr. Robot know that it's bullshit that Christian Slater has a Globe for it but Rami doesn't. Rami OWNS that role and is the show. 

She's actually friends with her people though.

No she's not. At least not all of them. Go read an interview with Zendaya talking about her and Taylor's "friendship..."

Brad had work done right? He looks really good but it's disconcerting. He looks so young!

While I'm sure he's not opposed to a little botox, I didn't think he looked that much younger. I thought he looked good and shaving the beard definitely helped but I thought he looked his age. Again, certainly a very good looking, well put together 50 but this is certainly not Brad of ten years ago. Which is kind of what happens when you get older. 

God, I HATE Will Ferell with a passion.

Thought it was just me. Every time he shows up to one of these, I groan VERY loudly. 

Well after so many surprises and unexpected wins so far tonight, guess there had to be one predictable win and that was Gaga's. Be more obvious HFPA voters with that one. Well it's fine because you know she's not getting an Emmy win or hell maybe not even a nomination. Gaga's performance was average at best in AHS but I will say it was touching how genuinely happy she was. 

Lady Gaga really? Wow. And that's what they put on her card? Not her real name?

Well it depends on how she submitted herself. If she used her stage name, that's what they'll go with. 

Boo...I'm sorry but Writings On The Wall was one of the most boring Bond songs EVER. I am so over the Sam Smith love. Stay With Me was beautiful and he had some decent songs on his album but all his shit is starting to sound the same with it's maudlin whinyness. And this song was the epitome of that. See You Again was robbed.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

All I can think of when I hear the winners spiel is Ricky Gervais's line that the awards do not matter.  And that they were more than likely paid for.

I love Ricky as host. I want him to piss off celebrities.

• Love 3

I must say, the award girl's dress looks kind of like my sister's 1978 prom dress - basically Gunne Sax nightmare, except this time with lots of *sparkles.*  And the same "I spent an hour getting my hair into this 'I don't care what it looks like' messy bun."  All that's missing from the picture is a condom in her clutch and a six pack of wine coolers in the trunk of her boyfriend's car.  <sniff> good times

• Love 4

Man, if Drunk Jeremy Renner was here, you just know he would have made some crack about Katy Perry at her "Globes."

Really, the Spectre song?  I guess they didn't want to give something to Furious 7.  I just can't take him seriously, ever since SNL/Taren Killan's imitation pointed out how he always sounds like he is about to cry. 

What the......why is Mel Gibson here???

Oh, right.  Mad Max.

Am I the only one who would be curious to get an uncensored transcript of what was said tonight?  I was able to lipread about half of what Ricky said just now.

Edited by wallflower75
  • Love 2

Okay, I get that Mel Gibson has, to put it mildly, sinned publicly, but Gervais bombarding him with insults right before he comes onstage is a bit obnoxious.  Gibson had a good comeback, though.

• Love 3

No she's not. At least not all of them. Go read an interview with Zendaya talking about her and Taylor's "friendship..."

Oooh do tell. I did not hear about this, but I want to know.

Really, the Spectre song?  I guess they didn't want to give something to Furious 7.  I just can't take him seriously, ever since SNL/Taren Killan's imitation pointed out how he always sounds like he is about to cry.

This. So much of this. Taran Killam's impression of him always cracks me up.

Ugh Mel Gibson and his orange self.

Edited by Misslindsey

Not only that but she kissed the other guy before she kissed Taylor.  The whole thing was strange.  

That was Ryan Murphy, so it made sense. It's not uncommon for an actor to hug/kiss whoever was responsible for their job (director, showrunner, etc.) first.

And Mr. Robot picks up Best Show. I do think Malek just had the bad luck of going up against Jon Hamm in his final year. If Mr. Robot has a strong second season, Malek should be able to get his GG next year.