Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I loved La La Land, but I wish Moonlight would get some love.

10 minutes ago, double-elvis said:

I feel the same way about Hell or High Water (but I do love La La Land).

I enjoyed La La Land but thought that Manchester By the Sea should have won the screenplay award.  Haven't seen Moonlight yet.

• Love 1

I love the plaid coat that Michelle Williams wears in Manchester so much and the Fuggirls found a marketplace online where it could be purchased.

I don't like it enough to spend a hundred and fifty bucks on it.  

Edited by mojoween
Just now, Chrissytd said:

Casey Affleck looks rough.

Coming out of lurking to comment that Casey's look is for a movie. He mentioned in a pre-show interview that he was embarrassed to look so rough amongst such beautiful people.

I thought La La Land was just ok, I think both Ryanswer are handsome and Matt Bomer is just as good looking in person ;)

• Love 3

The hype for Fallon's cold opening should be embarrassing to. him.  It will be panned tomorrow. I assume cold opening means pre recorded.  

I am surprised he is doing little else.  The Oscar host has a larger part.  

Who the hell are these people winning?  

I know the presenters though! 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds was a hard one.  It was nice they paid a small tribute to them.

They didn't have to so I'm really glad that they did for Debbie's sake especially because she got next to no love for the vast bulk of her career in terms of awards and not only did she work hard, but she was very talented. 

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I got SUPER tired of all of the hype for "La La Land" over the last five months and that has not abated.  (I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly and that is all they have talked about and they made me hate it.)

I'll wait for it to hit HBO.

Yes! I don't see what's so revolutionary about a movie with pretty white hipsters singing (relatively poorly, by Hollywood standards) about the entertainment capital of the world. I. Don't. Get. It.

Boo on Sterling K Brown not winning for OJ.

Edited by againstthewind
  • Love 8

Stunned again because I figured Courtney B.Vance he was really good. 

I do like Tom and thought his speech started nice but then it got too long and he made it seem like it was just about him.

Edited by ShadowHunter
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, bunnyblue said:

No, seriously, what is with all the love for The Night Manager? Is this a clean sweep, lol.

The actors are British. That's how I usually win the Golden Globes pool. Pick the biggest names, foreigners, or both.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I got SUPER tired of all of the hype for "La La Land" over the last five months and that has not abated.  (I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly and that is all they have talked about and they made me hate it.)

Classic Entertainment Weekly. I gave up on it after many years of subscribing. It went from being a Variety-lite to a PR/shill rag.

I know I'm in a minority here, but I can't stand Anna Kendrick, beginning with her permanent "who farted?" face, and continuing to her drama-club shtick that is tiresome when done by anyone over 18.

Hiddleston is great and hot but his publicity shtick with Taylor Swift from last summer really diminished him in my eyes.

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I'm surprised Moana did not win.  I truly thought that Lin-Manuel's name alone would give it a push.

Did that guy say he has been married for 28 years?  Did he get married when he was eight?

Right?! I thought my ears were deceiving me but apprently whoever does my closed captioning also heard 28 years. Maybe he met his husband at the nursery in the hospital when they were both born lol.

• Love 1

I'm starting to think there is a razor shortage in Hollywood.

Just now, againstthewind said:

Me too. And Pine is my pick for the battle of the Chrises. And Matt Bomer is my pick in the battle for anything else.

Evans. 1000% Evans.

• Love 12