Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E18: The Reunion, Part III

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

He's just such a trash person.  Everything is how much he hated Ariana.  Dressing up like his side chick, fucking her in Mexico while his partner was at the same resort

Oh, crap! I totally forget the three of them were in Mexico! 😲

2 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Now that I know the reason for the switch of Rachel to Raquel, I see no difference between a child with several schoolmates of the same given name adopting a unique nickname and that of a Lauren becoming Lala because of a younger sibling who couldn't pronounce her name.

I do not believe LaLa's story about her nickname for a nanosecond. 

2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Schwartz & Sandy's. The restaurant business is extremely difficult. More close down than succeed. They will be lucky if doesn't fail before the show is cancelled. They will definitely close by the time VPR doesn't exist. I don't see them recouping the money they've sunk into the place.

Calling John Taffer... 😏

• LOL 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I could do with less screaming and profanity. I'm also aware that as disgusting as what I find what Tom and Raquel did, they didn't kill anyone, and millions talking about you must take a toll on your mental health. So as much as I wish everyone in general would chill with the usage of b***h or c**t and try to see the humanity in someone, even someone who's hurt you, I don't want to judge Ariana. What happened to her must be so traumatic. I don't know if I consider her words misogynistic. To me, it's just lashing out at someone who betrayed her and caused her tremendous pain. 

Thank you! You can’t emotionally police how a person is going to react when someone has betrayed you, and you feel gutted and literally sick. That pain is real, emotionally and physically. IMO it’s gross for anyone to paint Raquel as a victim for being called horrible names by someone she hurt so deeply. Consequences are not always civil, sometimes it’s going to really hurt. I probably wouldn’t react so viciously but I’m not going to judge someone for having such a harsh reaction to their own pain.

Do I think it makes these people better than her? No, and I think both Toms and James are at the bottom of this cesspool barrel. Do I think she’s a monster? Absolutely not. And I don’t think Ariana does either nor actually wants her to die. But Rachel did a really shitty, hurtful, evil thing to her so if Ariana wants to call her every dirty name in the book more power to her.

To put the responsibility of Raquel possibly harming herself in Ariana’s or any of their hands is bullshit. I’m so over people not being expected to be called out on their shitty behavior in a less than “civil” manner because it might harm their mental health. You could say the same had Ariana harmed herself over what Raquel did to her. And I think what Raquel did to Ariana was 10 times worse than being called the c word, b word, etc or being told you hope you get everything bad coming to you.

You can go in circles about this I guess lol. But I also never believed Raquel was in mental health facility. She was hiding out because she felt humiliated and embarrassed, and her friends and family helped her finally came to her senses about protecting Tom. 

Edited by PositiveBean
  • Like 4
  • Applause 15
38 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I actually know someone who is called Lala for this exact reason.

• Like 5
(edited)
40 minutes ago, PositiveBean said:

Thank you! People want to emotionally police how a person is going to react when someone has betrayed you and you feel gutted and literally sick. That pain is real, emotionally and physically. IMO it’s gross for anyone to paint Raquel as a victim for being called horrible names. It’s called consequences and they’re not always going to be pleasant, sometimes it’s going to fucken hurt. 

Do I think it makes these people better than her? No, and I think both Toms and James are at the bottom of this cesspool barrel. Do I think she’s a monster? Absolutely not. And I don’t think Ariana does either nor actually wants her to die. But Rachel did a really shitty, hurtful, evil thing to her so if Ariana wants to call her every dirty name in the book more power to her.

To put the responsibility of Raquel possibly harming herself in Ariana’s or any of their hands is bullshit. I’m so over people getting away with being called out on their shitty behavior in a less than “civil” manner because it might harm their mental health. You could say the same thing if Ariana had harmed herself over what Raquel did to her. And I think what Raquel did to Ariana was 10 times worse than being called a c*** or being told you hope you get everything bad coming to you. You can go in circles about this I guess lol. 

And thank you too! I'm someone who deals with mental health issues of my own, and I try to be sensitive to others' mental health. Dealing with the consequences of what's possibly the worst mistake of your life in front of the world can't be easy, and I get that Raquel is all of 28.

BUT, it's like, how many of us have mental health struggles and still try to do right by others? How much abuse should we take from family/friends/coworkers who have problems? Ariana is only human herself. This became such a scandal because it was especially twisted. It reminds me Shania Twain/Mutt Lange, which was also a huge story. 

I particularly agree with the bolded. It's interesting that we're about half and half on this issue. 

It's a pet peeve of mine when a victim's words are policed. Not to get too OT, but I'm sensitive to this because a family friend of ours was murdered. The killer's girlfriend was involved with singling him out, calling him racial slurs and the fatal attack, and what did her lawyer say? That the VICTIM they targeted named-called "a woman, a mother, a daughter" during the fight they started. As much as I can't the casual usage of the b word in our culture (or c word on Bravo), it bothers me more when a woman can literally do anything (criminal behavior way worse than Raquel's), and some people will still be outraged by name calling.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Hugs 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4

Bombshell info:

This is a video where Scheana interviews Nema Vand (Shahs Of Sunset)

During the reunion, there was a flashback of Scheana wearing a white bucket hat telling Ariana that a source told her that Raquel said that Sandoval told her that his relationship was open with Ariana. During reunion part 3, Ariana brings it up again saying it happened and knows what Raquel’s response was, which was Raquel was not interested in Tom but would be into hooking up with Ariana. Tom then starts saying that he never said that they had an open relationship, he never said this to Raquel, Raquel leans over Schwartz to reach towards Sandoval and said that never happened I never said that about being interested in Ariana. Schwartz then attempts to divert attention by saying he knew the source of the open relationship rumors.

The source is Nema. I believe him. Wait till you hear what he says, Raquel is definitely devious and an absolutely horrible person. The Bambi eyed innocent victim is all an act. She's sick

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Drogo said:

Even before Scandoval broke, she was pretty open about her mental health and her struggles with depression, loss of self, traumatic experiences, lack of confidence, etc.  I hope she has the bandwidth to help herself with what she's learning there. 

If this is true, then first shame on her parents for encouraging her to compete in pageants and shame on them for continuing to pay for pageants till she was 28 years old. A beauty pageant is the worst place for a person with these issues. You are judged for your appearance. There is no talent portion. The fact that she never placed higher than 15th, would be a physical blow to a person with these issues.

Shame on them for allowing her onto a Reality Show. Shame on them for not stepping in to get her away from James. They let this go on for 5 years. Shame on them for currently keeping the lines of communication open with Bravo for next season.

A reality TV show is not the place for someone with Mental Health issues.

Sorry to say, I don't believe Raquel at all - it's all an act

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 2
51 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Bombshell info:

This is a video where Scheana interviews Nema Vand (Shahs Of Sunset)

During the reunion, there was a flashback of Scheana wearing a white bucket hat telling Ariana that a source told her that Raquel said that Sandoval told her that his relationship was open with Ariana. During reunion part 3, Ariana brings it up again saying it happened and knows what Raquel’s response was, which was Raquel was not interested in Tom but would be into hooking up with Ariana. Tom then starts saying that he never said that they had an open relationship, he never said this to Raquel, Raquel leans over Schwartz to reach towards Sandoval and said that never happened I never said that about being interested in Ariana. Schwartz then attempts to divert attention by saying he knew the source of the open relationship rumors.

The source is Nema. I believe him. Wait till you hear what he says, Raquel is definitely devious and an absolutely horrible person. The Bambi eyed innocent victim is all an act. She's sick

Heh. Scheana clarifying that she was not singing “Good as Gold” in college, the song wasn’t out yet.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
15 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I really wish someone who knew Rachel in high school would shed some light on this.

I saw a flash of something on Tik Tok. Someone shows the cover of her yearbook and proceeds to point to picture. I don't know if they talk. But it does show 2 different photo of her and one says Raquel and the other says Rachel.

How crazy was it of Raquel to tell them, she thought it was rude for people to call someone other then their preferred name? Remember, right before that she said my family calls me Rachel, and my friends call me Raquel. So Scheana, Lala, Ariana, James - can't call her either name. I vote we go with James' and call her Poo-poo Head.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5

I think Ariana was looking to take no prisoners and I get it.

Three weeks into the scandal me was looking to rumble versus three months into it me who is like it’s terrible, but it’s reality tv terrible. And I have no skin in this game other than the amount of time I have pissed away on this show over the years.

I imagine if it was filmed now Ariana would be pissed as opposed to the gaping open wound she was three weeks in.

But I think we can all agree that Schwartz is a shit stain…..

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Me neither.  Especially since she's already on record saying she chose it to make herself seem more interesting 😄

3 hours ago, PositiveBean said:

Thank you! You can’t emotionally police how a person is going to react when someone has betrayed you, and you feel gutted and literally sick. That pain is real, emotionally and physically. IMO it’s gross for anyone to paint Raquel as a victim for being called horrible names by someone she hurt so deeply. Consequences are not always civil, sometimes it’s going to really hurt. I probably wouldn’t react so viciously but I’m not going to judge someone for having such a harsh reaction to their own pain.

I agree with this - I can see how satisfying it would be to give a piece of your mind to someone who betrayed you, knowing that everyone watching agrees with you!  When I do that in my head, I try to come up with something that would make the other person feel bad without making the listeners think I'm an asshole 😄. I think she lost some of the audience goodwill by being so vicious, and wish she would have used her time before the reunion to come up with something better!

• Like 7
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

If this is true, then first shame on her parents for encouraging her to compete in pageants and shame on them for continuing to pay for pageants till she was 28 years old. A beauty pageant is the worst place for a person with these issues. You are judged for your appearance. There is no talent portion. The fact that she never placed higher than 15th, would be a physical blow to a person with these issues.

Shame on them for allowing her onto a Reality Show. Shame on them for not stepping in to get her away from James. They let this go on for 5 years. Shame on them for currently keeping the lines of communication open with Bravo for next season.

A reality TV show is not the place for someone with Mental Health issues.

Sorry to say, I don't believe Raquel at all - it's all an act

Her being in beauty pageants probably exacerbated any insecurities she already had.  Gives me more reason to feel for her.

Nema specifically points out that he’s horrified by the level of vitriol directed at Tom.  That makes me like him.

https://people.com/lala-kent-regrets-attacking-raquel-leviss-at-vanderpump-rules-reunion-7510310?hid=ec43a6d9655feb4f68c41694157e8a0bd9fd795b&did=9377297-20230609&utm_source=ppl&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=people-news_newsletter&utm_content=060923&lctg=ec43a6d9655feb4f68c41694157e8a0bd9fd795b

They regret it BECAUSE they went to Twitter and they see that no one is on board with how they acted.  I’m sure a pr person called up People panicking because people are turning on them.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
10 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Her being in beauty pageants probably exacerbated any insecurities she already had.  Gives me more reason to feel for her.

I disagree.  Her being on VPR and her actions/betrayal while in the public eye as a cast member of a reality show and being judged as completely unacceptable to civilized society probably has more to do with it.  Where is she now?  A convent?!?  Lordy, Rachel/Raquel is 28.  The talk of her parents 'letting" her return is absurd.

16 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

They regret it BECAUSE they went to Twitter and they see that no one is on board with how they acted.  I’m sure a pr person called up People panicking because people are turning on them.

You are probably right however I am on board with how they reacted to Rachel/Raquel.  She is a skank who deserves to get called out for being a skank.  I see her hand-wringing for what it is--a ruse.  Dumb like a fox, that one. 

The person with mental health (trust) issues going forward will likely be Ariana who was betrayed by both her boyfriend and close friend.  I'm saving my sympathy for her.  Not Tom.  Not Raquel.  They both deserve the consequences they are receiving for their actions.

• Like 3
  • Applause 11

Next season on Vanderpump Rules

giphy.gif

Scheana will forever sound like the Aflac Duck to me, thanks Ben and Ronnie. She is the heart of Vanderpump Rules and just wants all of the girls to like her. Sheana will be chasing after Katie and Lala and Charli as they go Mean Girl on her again.

giphy.gif

Lala will not be a hypocrite as she points out how immature other cast mates are.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

LVP laughs as she succeeds at replacing all of the Something About Her footage with scenes of SUR, TomToms, and some other Todd owned restaurant in Vegas.

Andy can you give us some predictions for the next VPR reunion?

giphy.gif

Um.. I will have index cards full of inept questions. Not only will the steering wheel be yanked out of my hands, all of the wheels will fall off the bus within the first 5 minutes. My voice will become hoarse from telling people to shut up. The editors will stretch the footage into 3 parts and we will add 80 commercials promoting our other shows. You know, the usual.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
59 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Nema specifically points out that he’s horrified by the level of vitriol directed at Tom.  That makes me like him.

https://people.com/lala-kent-regrets-attacking-raquel-leviss-at-vanderpump-rules-reunion-7510310?hid=ec43a6d9655feb4f68c41694157e8a0bd9fd795b&did=9377297-20230609&utm_source=ppl&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=people-news_newsletter&utm_content=060923&lctg=ec43a6d9655feb4f68c41694157e8a0bd9fd795b

Bingo. She was proud of herself until she realized people were put off by the witch trial. And I’m not buying Lala’s sudden realization that Raquel has some real issues; Lala has shamed her for her intelligence/abilities on many occasions. 

• Like 12
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

The source is Nema.

From my rumor vault:

"Scheana mentions there was “another guy” that Rachel dated.  That guy, Nema, is Nema Vand, who was a cast member of Shahs of Sunset. Nema ghosted Rachel. And she was very “down about it”. A friend of Scheana's mentioned it on Jamie’s podcast.  He did because the other Shahs cast was not impressed by her at all."

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, itsadryheat said:

From my rumor vault:

"Scheana mentions there was “another guy” that Rachel dated.  That guy, Nema, is Nema Vand, who was a cast member of Shahs of Sunset. Nema ghosted Rachel. And she was very “down about it”. A friend of Scheana's mentioned it on Jamie’s podcast.  He did because the other Shahs cast was not impressed by her at all."

Watch the video - he talks about the kookie stuff she said to him.

She wanted to have sex with him on Scheana & Brocks bed

• Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Why do we think it was so important to lie about St. Louis? And do we remember who posted the photo on Instagram? I will assume Rachel did.

I don’t think Raquel posted that photo otherwise why would she lie about going there? Even when she did the “truth” post-reunion interview. Did she send it to one of her “friends” and they sold her out? I’m guessing she didn’t know it was out there when they taped the reunion. We have a real reality TV mystery on our hands!

The “bombshell” wasn’t ain’t that bomby. I think we all pretty much knew already what she “confessed” too. Just further confirms what an irredeemable asshole FI Tom is.

13 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

When they were a couple, how long were James and Rachel not having sex? Because I am getting the impression that she wants to have sex often.

That’s really funny. Applause.

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Next season on Vanderpump Rules

giphy.gif

Scheana will forever sound like the Aflac Duck to me, thanks Ben and Ronnie. She is the heart of Vanderpump Rules and just wants all of the girls to like her. Sheana will be chasing after Katie and Lala and Charli as they go Mean Girl on her again.

giphy.gif

Lala will not be a hypocrite as she points out how immature other cast mates are.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

LVP laughs as she succeeds at replacing all of the Something About Her footage with scenes of SUR, TomToms, and some other Todd owned restaurant in Vegas.

Andy can you give us some predictions for the next VPR reunion?

giphy.gif

Um.. I will have index cards full of inept questions. Not only will the steering wheel be yanked out of my hands, all of the wheels will fall off the bus within the first 5 minutes. My voice will become hoarse from telling people to shut up. The editors will stretch the footage into 3 parts and we will add 80 commercials promoting our other shows. You know, the usual.

That’s even funnier. In the words of Hello Dolly - please never go away again.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Ladystardust said:

Wow, I completely misunderstood the t-shirt comment 😂 I thought he was excusing having sex with Ariana despite being “in love” with another woman because she was hot in just a tshirt (like he couldn’t resist). Most guys I know think a woman in just a tshirt is super hot 🤷‍♀️ Regardless, either way was incredibly disgusting of him to say. 

Me, too! I always watch with closed-captioning, because they talk so fast and overlap one another. So I was reading, “She was wearing just a T-shirt; it was hot.” I wasn’t looking at his face, so I didn’t catch the sarcasm.

• Like 2

The thing Ariana said that seemed so over the top to me is that Raquel and Tom are the most evil people in the world. But, like, people are out there abusing and murdering children every day, as just one example of more evil behavior. It just took some credibility away from her. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

he talks about the kookie stuff she said to him

Nema dodged a big bullet. Good instincts. I always liked him - he stuck out on Shahs, too normal. I have been researching the convoluted rachel's room in Mexico story involving her friend Jenny. Funny to find out Nema gets a mention in this one. She invites him to stay in her room during the wedding festivities!!! After declaring her serious interest in Schwartz to him, and making sandy happy on the down low.

She is very strange . . .  and the more information that comes out, self-destructive. She is lucky the worst person she has been involved with is sandy.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

When they were a couple, how long were James and Rachel not having sex? Because I am getting the impression that she wants to have sex often.

Season 8, E9 filmed over the summer of 2019   aired March 3, 2020

Girls Night she went out drinking, gets very drunk (there’s video of her dancing and having fun, she runs up to hug someone out of frame who looks suspiciously like Sandoval), Scheana allegedly makes sure she gets home, she passed out with her phone in the kitchen in her purse resulting in James's rage texts.

S9E16 discussing the break up of James and Rachel LVP “what changed?” James “like quarantine-“ Rachel “we haven’t been having sex for awhile” Andy “when did you stop having sex?” Rachel “it’s been since those rage texts that James sent me.” Scheana “that was two summers ago!

I agree with your impression regarding rachels libido. I do not believe she went without sex since the rage texts - just went without sex with James.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, albarino said:

You are probably right however I am on board with how they reacted to Rachel/Raquel.  She is a skank who deserves to get called out for being a skank.  I see her hand-wringing for what it is--a ruse.  Dumb like a fox, that one. 

Maybe so, but skanky old "Lala" calling her a skank?  Hello pot- meet kettle!

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
20 hours ago, BDBoop said:

It feels like more than a few people in this crew have never heard the phrase “hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.“

Why do you watch?

So I can come on here and snark. Why do you care?

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Me, too! I always watch with closed-captioning, because they talk so fast and overlap one another. So I was reading, “She was wearing just a T-shirt; it was hot.” I wasn’t looking at his face, so I didn’t catch the sarcasm.

Same! I knit while I watch tv so I didn’t catch his face as he said it either 😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
23 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Rachel has worn that shade of green four times. Do we think it’s an Infinity dress?

Don’t know if it is, but when she is changing clothes while talking to Sandavol you can see the tag is still on it. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

I have been researching the convoluted Rachel’s room in Mexico story involving her friend Jenny. Funny to find out Nema gets a mention in this one. She invites him to stay in her room during the wedding festivities!!! After declaring her serious interest in Schwartz to him, and making Sandy happy on the down low.

Wait. Jenny paid for a hotel room for her husband and herself. Last minute, husband could not attend. Jenny tells Rachel that she can stay in Jenny’s hotel room. Rachel tells Jenny that the VPR producers won’t let Jenny stay in the room that Jenny paid for, because Rachel needs to be able to F Sandoval there. But she invites Nema to spend the night with her in that room.

Rachel was really trying to make Sandoval jealous, with Schwartz and Nema, because she was getting impatient, waiting for Sandoval to end it with Ariana?!?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I’m beginning to think that Rachel realizes that most people grow bored, impatient, frustrated or they lose interest in her eventually - - Ariana FINALLY said that Rachel has never had an original thought - - so she offers sex in order to maintain some kind of connection. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Why do we think it was so important to lie about St. Louis? And do we remember who posted the photo on Instagram? I will assume Rachel did.

It would mean he took her to his parents' house. 

Raquel didn't post it on her social media. I read that Sandoval took her to St. Louis around Christmas, his parents didn't want to see her, but he introduced her to some of his friends. I guess one of those people took the photo, and then gave/sold it to the media, and then Bravo shared it. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

How could not one family member recognize that Rachel needed help? That they shouldn’t have sent her out into the world without supervision or daily FaceTime check-ins or SOMETHING? She makes terrible decisions and choices. As @itsadryheatposted, she is very, very lucky that she has not pursued someone worse than Sandoval.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Wait, who has been open about her mental health problems? Rachel or Ariana? I remember Ariana talking about this stuff over a few seasons. All I know about Rachel and mental health is that she checked herself into a spa, post scandal. Did I miss something?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I still have not seen the episode, but I find a lot of Rachel’s “expressionless” is beauty pageant poise— always keep your composure: remain calm, don’t show anger, etc. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
On 6/8/2023 at 3:43 AM, nexxie said:

How pathetic and ratings hungry can Andy Cohen get?! So many times he should have stopped Ariana and Lala from their disgusting and juvenile name-calling.

I was impressed Rachel lasted through the attacks, as there wasn't anything she could say or do to appease anyone, given this was still a fresh betrayal. So her responses (probably with her parents' help) were the best anyone could expect. Given she also has a fear of public speaking, she did well. Her overall behaviour helped her image, and I'm sure she'll find work, or endorsements.

I agree Lala should have been asked to leave, and James should get 2 rants (as both Tom and Rachel hurt him) but he should have been removed after that.

Ariana could have countered any nonsense Tom was throwing out, but Lala and James kept cutting people off (which doesn't make them look good.)

I'm over it now, lol.

• Like 14
5 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Nema dodged a big bullet. Good instincts. I always liked him - he stuck out on Shahs, too normal. I have been researching the convoluted rachel's room in Mexico story involving her friend Jenny. Funny to find out Nema gets a mention in this one. She invites him to stay in her room during the wedding festivities!!! After declaring her serious interest in Schwartz to him, and making sandy happy on the down low.

She is very strange . . .  and the more information that comes out, self-destructive. She is lucky the worst person she has been involved with is sandy.

She invited him to stay in her room, when she didn’t even have a room?! Was this before or after she kicked Jenny out of her room?

The gall level is beyond.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, MinorL said:

ut, like, people are out there abusing and murdering children every day, as just one example of more evil behavior. It just took some credibility away from her. 

I understand it was over the top, but during the preceding three weeks, it appears Ariana was hearing about more sightings, more mocking pictures, and she was figuring out different incidents during the timeline.

When you are seeing two people every day, and they're loving towards you, chatting with you, planning future events, etc. It's a shock to learn it was all a sham. It's such a cruel manipulation, and evil of them to have it going on for so long. She was made to feel as though something was wrong with her, from her sexuality to her mental health, to even criticizing her for not being suspicious.

All this was being said to her during an exciting time in her life; she looked forward to opening her eatery. So, that's really nasty... Maybe even evil? Especially when she recognized how Tom was grooming Rachel. It was predatory 

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
On 6/8/2023 at 4:34 AM, Jel said:

I’m on a cruise ship with no bravo channel (can you believe the nerve?!) and dodgy internet connection. Can someone please tell me what the big shocker-that-might-cause-someone—quit was?

The big shocker was ... NOTHING! They didn't bring in any information that I haven't already read here, or online. But the thruple idea was surprising especially since it was Rachel's idea. That poor girl really wanted to stay on the show, and would've done anything to secure it. (Once her and James were over, her brain must have been racing OR Sandoval had already encouraged her to leave, and not to worry about the show.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I understand it was over the top, but during the preceding three weeks, it appears Ariana was hearing about more sightings, more mocking pictures, and she was figuring out different incidents during the timeline.

When you are seeing two people every day, and they're loving towards you, chatting with you, planning future events, etc. It's a shock to learn it was all a sham. It's such a cruel manipulation, and evil of them to have it going on for so long. She was made to feel as though something was wrong with her, from her sexuality to her mental health, to even criticizing her for not being suspicious.

All this was being said to her during an exciting time in her life; she looked forward to opening her eatery. So, that's really nasty... Maybe even evil? Especially when she recognized how Tom was grooming Rachel. It was predatory 

“to even criticizing her for not being suspicious “. That is really beyond the pale, hey? Like not just the betrayal and the emotional pain, but the added contempt of suggesting that it was partially *her* fault for trusting her dear friend and her partner of nine years. That is some sick shit.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

For some reason Sandoval lied while he made it clear Rachel did not go to St Louis and she only met his mother once in LA. 

Ithink he has his own measuring stick for what Ariana will view as unforgivable.Tom felt the need to lie for these unforgivables:

A) rachel meeting his mom during the affair.  B) having the affair under Ariana's roof. C) involving Shwartz. D) having sex more than once. And  E) having sex while Ariana mourns her dog, and then her grandma.

Yet there's also that scene where he goes to Rachel's apartment and she misunderstands him saying, "my family loves you"  as "I love you". To which he quickly replied, "That's not what I said" and then, "Yeah, I love you too." So did Tom's mom like Rachel being Ariana's replacement?

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

How crazy was it of Raquel to tell them, she thought it was rude for people to call someone other then their preferred name?

I felt she was confusing the expectation to be called  "X" by others with the trans community requesting a pronoun/ name change. Rachel's answer sounded very entitled as she climbed aboard the LGBTQ community's wagon, and then adopted the expectation for herself.

To be fair, she probably had to come up with an answer (all on her own) for that question.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
On 6/7/2023 at 6:43 PM, Jennifersdc said:

And now she just said she encouraged him to “reflect”.

That perked up my ears as it sounded similar to something Tom said to Andy. She rehearsed well.

On 6/7/2023 at 6:52 PM, FlyingEgret said:

I may have misheard but I think the left couch thinks the right couch is dis.gus.ting

I just thought the sound system had an echo😄

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
On 6/7/2023 at 7:28 PM, antfitz said:

I still don't understand why the single person who's being pursued, is being called a cheater? With Ariana, you could say Rachel cheated on Ariana with Tom, given that Ariana was like a protective big sister. But Lala didn't cheat on anyone.

• Like 4
On 6/8/2023 at 8:53 PM, ivygirl said:

And I totally agree that some of what she said was unnecessary. Sure, hold them accountable. But calling another person "nothing"? That went too far for me, personally. That starts to reflect on jer rather than Rachel. 

As several others have already eloquently highlighted, she’s calm now. She needed time to calm down, and this was all very very fresh. They pulled various stunt moves, coordinating their continuous lies, deceipt and sexual antics, IN HER HOUSE, when she was suffering from losing her Grandmother and dog!

Ariana deserves that we cut her a break, with the empathy reserved for her instead of the wolf in sheeps clothing. 

The lies, the transgressions all got to her. I give her a break, and cut her some slack. She is human after all. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
On 6/7/2023 at 9:03 PM, heatherchandler said:

She calls herself a feminist and then calls a woman a “whore” and “subhuman.” I’m honestly disgusted that Andy and Lisa didn’t shut that down.

I'm pretty sure "feminists" have no issues with calling a woman a "whore" if the label fits. Feminists have been known to use even harsher language during attacks.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/9/2023 at 7:36 AM, Gharlane said:

Wasn't that a plot point at some point? 🤔

Those are often the last things said to someone who kills himself.  

But Ariana was the one who was ACTUALLY suffering from depression, about which Raquel and Tom both knew. 

It was Tom and R who callously demonstrated  that they did not care one bit whether Ariana lost her life to suicide as she was ALREADY depressed.

Then she lost her dog and grandmother. 
I remember growing up hearing “sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt.”

Actions hurt more than words.

Particularly the actions of two people on whom you believed you could rely.

The actions of nearly a year. Arianna had the right to be human and lash out for ONE day! They f’d In Mexico, they were gross & deserving of all backlash. Wolf in sheeps clothing are the worst kind of people, clearly causing a tremendous amount of pain. 

Edited by lili45
  • Like 5
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, PositiveBean said:

To put the responsibility of Raquel possibly harming herself in Ariana’s or any of their hands is bullshit. I’m so over people not being expected to be called out on their shitty behavior in a less than “civil” manner because it might harm their mental health. You could say the same had Ariana harmed herself over what Raquel did to her. And I think what Raquel did to Ariana was 10 times worse than being called the c word, b word, etc or being told you hope you get everything bad coming to you.

You can go in circles about this I guess lol. But I also never believed Raquel was in mental health facility. She was hiding out because she felt humiliated and embarrassed, and her friends and family helped her finally came to her senses about protecting Tom. 

Hear hear, perfection.

• Like 5
(edited)
On 6/8/2023 at 9:53 AM, realityplease said:

Tom wanted to leave - he blamed Ariana for what was missing.  He didn't want to work at the relationship but too weak, scared or financially tied to leave. So he did what many others do.  Cheat.  With someone in their circle.  Doesn't excuse it because others do it. He's still an amoral jerk. But not unique. 

I don't think he did want to end it. He's no different than any other cheating mate who cries to the women he's interested in: "she doesn't understand him, she puts him down, she won't have sex, she doesn't want kids, she's suicidal," etc. As with any cheating mate, when the truth comes out, they'll claim it's not quite the same storyline.

She's always thought about having kids IF she doesn't have to experience labour, as she has a deathly fear of that.; She had serious depression when she was younger and suicide ideation (nothing to do with Tom), and she'd have sex IF he stayed home with her and not wake her up expecting it. Lastly, she's always been his cheerleader.

Tom just likes telling women this as part of his pick up shtick.  But if any woman actually wanted him to break up with Ariana, he wouldn't. Heck, they survived COVID shutdown quite well, and you have to be compatible to get through that time.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I’m curious why Rachel didn’t tell Tom that she exposed the truth and instead let him go out there and continue to maintain the lies. The reunion was taped March 23. Rachel told the truth to a producer 6 days later, March 29. Tom’s Howie Mandel interview was released April 11. Rachel goes into a mental health facility April 14. There is no doubt that she knew he was going to go out on Howie’s podcast to give his “story” so they had 2 weeks (or maybe 1 week if the interview took a couple of days in production and/or she was in a couple of days before it was reported) to discuss what she said on camera so he could also “tell the truth.” I mean, he’d still be a worm with a mustache, but she really threw him under the bus to take a “redemption” story for herself!! I feel like suddenly a lot of people—even LaLa!!—are setting Rachel up to be forgiven and allowed back in the fold as long as she skewers Tom. But if we’re crucifying him for hurting and lying to someone he loves, then she at least deserves a bit of a side eye for betraying his trust…in deceiving everyone else…? okay, I know that doesn’t great, but do you know what I mean? She’s out here saying I only have you and my family, then she stabs him in the back. So I think part of Bravo saying they need to take a beat to figure out where to go from here isn’t so shocking to the rest of the cast that they would quit the show, but if it’s Tom and Raquel vs everyone—is that going to happen once Tom realized she spilled her guts on camera on March 29, and he’s still been out here maintaining it was a one-night stand…until it wasn’t?

• Like 9