Type keyword(s) to search

S44.E13: Absolute Banger Season LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I think the making fire at 4 was introduced after Ozzy lost that season where it looked like he was clearly on path to win but lost the Final 4 challenge. It's the season Sophie won. As I remember, the entire jury confirmed that they were all ready to vote for Ozzy if he'd made it to the F3. 

• Like 1

I feel like still having the idiotic fire-making F4 challenge after Rick went home means it’s here to stay forfuckingever.

Carson, please suddenly become every little kid Smokey Bear wanted us about.

• LOL 1

I miss the seasons when people were so terrible at fire that Probst was ready to flip a coin just to end it.  

It was one benefit of recruits, they weren't home practicing fire or making replicas of challenges in their backyard.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Jeff has given tips in every challenge today, what’s that all about?  Let these boneheads figure shit out on their own, Peach.

Well fuck.  I mentioned it weeks ago, but the editors buried Heidi for over a month.  Her win would be deeply unsatisfying if it happens.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 3
Just now, mojoween said:

Well fuck.  I mentioned it weeks ago, but the editors buried Heidi for over a month.  Her win would be deeply unsatisfying if it happens.

Maybe they figured it would have to be done after Gabler got the same treatment.

4 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I think the making fire at 4 was introduced after Ozzy lost that season where it looked like he was clearly on path to win but lost the Final 4 challenge. It's the season Sophie won. As I remember, the entire jury confirmed that they were all ready to vote for Ozzy if he'd made it to the F3. 

No, it was much later than Sophie's season. 38 or 39, I think.

Just now, iMonrey said:

I think Heidi just won.

I'm kind of not sure if Yam Yam or Carolyn will win.  Many may consider Carson the mastermind of Tika, Yam Yam may have rubbed people the wrong way with the personal way he played the game, and some of the jurors said while they were still in the game they didn't get Carolyn.  I think Heidi might have this in a landslide, with Carson giving Carolyn or Yam his vote.

I'm sure Carson will be back one day.

• Like 1
Just now, mojoween said:

Jeff has govern tips in every challenge today, what’s that all about?  Let these boneheads figure shit out on their own, Peach.

Like Gabler was for me. Yes, it was surprising, I'lll give them that.

• Like 1
Just now, KaveDweller said:

No, it was much later than Sophie's season. 38 or 39, I think.

I think it was S35, when Ben was on the verge of being voted out and they couldn't hand him anymore idols at the final 4.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

I’d theorize that the fire making was introduced in season 35, purely to save Ben, who production and Probst loved. And that they haven’t gotten rid of it so they could plausibly deny that they instituted it to save Ben.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
Just now, LadyChatts said:

I think it was S35, when Ben was on the verge of being voted out and they couldn't hand him anymore idols at the final 4.

Like I said, I don’t think it was set up just for him, but he did benefit greatly from it.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, willco said:

Like Gabler was for me. Yes, it was surprising, I'lll give them that.

See, they don't show us enough of camp life. Gabler seemed very well liked and respected by the other players, and its their opinion that counts. 

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

Like I said, I don’t think it was set up just for him, but he did benefit greatly from it.

Hard disagree. They actually tried to pass it off as an "advantage." Last season Probst admitted it was actually a handicap. So he admitted they lied.

• Like 3
Just now, pennben said:

One thing I’m not looking forward to here..yamyam always takes digs at Carolyn at tribal, I hope he makes his case and doesn’t try to tear her down. 

If he does I hope she dishes it right back to him, or that it turns off the jury.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

Anything can happen. Carolyn has the edit, Heidi has the fans, Yam Yam has the stealth.

Editing is deliberately deceptive, more so now than ever. I doubt Carolyn will get a single vote. And everyone was convinced she would win all season based on the edit.

1 minute ago, mojoween said:

The hell?  Why are we hearing a producer talking?  This show is going right off the rails.

That’s how the season started. Full circle.

2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

The hell?  Why are we hearing a producer talking?  This show is going right off the rails.

Because it's a callback to episode 1, when we heard the producer speak to Carolyn in the very first scene.

Just now, Lantern7 said:

That’s how the season started. Full circle.

Oh.  I hated that terrible show-opening confessional so I must have put the producer out of my head.

C’mon on, jury.  Please please just one “my question is you suck.”  Please?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
3 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Editing is deliberately deceptive, more so now than ever. I doubt Carolyn will get a single vote. And everyone was convinced she would win all season based on the edit.

If that’s the case, I’m willing to join a hunting party to deal with the editors.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
Just now, EllenB said:

Since when do they have producers or camera people talking with contestants? That's BS.

In the talking heads?  I think the producers always have talked with the contestants / asked prompting questions — this is just the first time we’ve heard the producer’s voice.  Carolyn actually asked him a direct question which was the first we’ve ever heard as well.  I didn’t mind, since it reflected where Carolyn was vs where Carolyn is at the end.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Oh.  I hated that terrible show-opening confessional so I must have put the producer out of my head.

C’mon on, jury.  Please please just one “my question is you suck.”  Please?

Sadly this new era of Survivor is too nice for that.  If anything, a juror will say "I'm the one who sucked, so good on you for voting me out so I could go reflect."

• LOL 6
Just now, LadyChatts said:

Sadly this new era of Survivor is too nice for that.  If anything, a juror will say "I'm the one who sucked, so good on you for voting me out so I could go reflect."

"shudder"

• LOL 1