Type keyword(s) to search

S44.E13: Absolute Banger Season LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Did Danny say he voted for Heidi because of her explanation about voting for him? Am I losing my mind, because I thought Carolyn explained why they voted him out. Heidi didn't vote for Danny, did she?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Aha!  No wonder Danny is wearing that poncho.  He needs it to contain his ginormous fucking ego.

I hated his stupid dance when he went up to cast his vote.  Not as cool or genius as he thinks.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Sia is going online, looking up Carolyn’s name for the check she’s about to write . . . 

Who is this Sia and why does he/she keep getting mentioned?

Carolyn was robbed.

Love that Jamie is still smiley and happy even after being told she was played and that she didn’t have an immunity idol, something she was really proud of.

• Like 4
Just now, Lantern7 said:

And just think . . . no alpha male has won in the “New Era” of the series. That’s gotta count for something good, yes?

Yeah, I would say so.

Again, I may be disappointed with Yam Yam winning BUT him winning is not the worst thing to come out of New Era Survivor. I think he's a fine winner, just not my favourite. But, as someone else said, not worse than Gabler.

• Like 4
Just now, Shermie said:

Who is this Sia and why does he/she keep getting mentioned?

She's a singer and wrote a check for her fave player at the reunion show. Can't remember his name. 

Just now, iMonrey said:

She's a singer and wrote a check for her fave player at the reunion show. Can't remember his name. 

It started with Tai in S32, because of his belief on animal rights.  I can't remember if she did it every season after that, but I know at least from S37 onward she has given one (or several) contestants money for one reason or another.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

Okay, so Jamie truly had no clue that was a fake idol.  

Meh.  I love Jaime.  From start to finish, she's been super positive.  Probably the end of the road in terms of her survivor career, but a total great sport!

Just now, truthaboutluv said:

No one did because Matthew who set it up, left the game. 

I assumed she might have thought it was fake at Ponderosa, because the other Matthew found out his was fake, so I can't believe these conversations didn't come up.  And then all of this lead up of fake idols right before Probst's reveal, and she's still surprised?

Just now, Carey said:

Meh.  I love Jaime.  From start to finish, she's been super positive.  Probably the end of the road in terms of her survivor career, but a total great sport!

She’s a goof. She’ll be back.

Good goof, though. Not “Josh on The Challenge” goof.

1 minute ago, Carey said:

Jaime reminds me of a friend from my early adult years, just a cheerful, positive person and a joy to be around.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I assumed she might have thought it was fake at Ponderosa, because the other Matthew found out his was fake, so I can't believe these conversations didn't come up.  And then all of this lead up of fake idols right before Probst's reveal, and she's still surprised?

It may be because Matthew had the real one and left the game with it. So all the other players from her original tribe knew they didn't have it, so it'd be easy to believe hers was the real thing. 

Speaking of shows, I've love to see a new show or a spin-off.

Call it Survivor: Warp Zone.

"2-hour Survivor season that only features Tika and Rob, Cirie, Sandra, Parvati, and Tony.  May the best win!"

• Like 3
  • Wink 1

Jamie’s a good sport about it and she’s always smiling.

So the showmance is the real thing and there are “plans”. That’s one reason I like the months-later reunion, so that we know if relationships and even friendships from the show stood up. 

(edited)
7 minutes ago, cdnalor said:

We already had the show Yam Yam described.  It was called I Love Lucy.

So Brandon Carson = Little Ricky?

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 2
Just now, LadyChatts said:

Wait, and some of them are surprised about Matt and Frannie?!

I guess people like Yam Yam and Carolyn wouldn't have known because they spent so little time with Matt, and Frannie probably didn't say a word about Matt even after he was gone. 

Just now, iMonrey said:

Methinks Matt and Frannie will be invited back.

I'm thinking The Amazing Race?  Usually they go for the Big Brother showmances, but Matt and Frannie might fit the bill.

• Like 4
Just now, iMonrey said:

Methinks Matt and Frannie will be invited back.

Jeff will 100% want to milk the first showmance in ages for a future season.

Or they will choose just one of the two. But it also depends if they stay together long-term. If they break up, at least Matt's chances of returning go down (Frannie has an excellent shot at returning).

• Like 1
Just now, LadyChatts said:

I'm thinking The Amazing Race?  Usually they go for the Big Brother showmances, but Matt and Frannie might fit the bill.

I'd be on board for that actually.

• Like 5
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Jeff will 100% want to milk the first showmance in ages for a future season.

Or they will choose just one of the two. But it also depends if they stay together long-term. If they break up, at least Matt's chances of returning go down (Frannie has an excellent shot at returning).

Frannie was so different when Matt was gone.  I am glad we got to see that side of her that didn't have love-struck Matt by her side shooting hearts and cupid arrows, especially because she did so well at the game.  

• Like 5
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

More like Carson.  Gotta keep it in the Tika family.

Totally what I meant. And hey, Brandon is gonna get to speak! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I’m thinking he’s not getting time because he’s not as entertaining as the others. Optics suck, though.

I'm happy with Yam Yam's win.  Loved him.  I agree with his final jury speech:  that he wasn't the best at idols, or immunities, but he was the best at talking to people.  In the end, isn't that really what it is about?  He had by far the best social game, and one of the best I have ever seen.  I am sorry about Carolyn getting no votes, but she won millions of fans.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

You know, I could live with that.

• Like 3
Just now, susannot said:

I'm happy with Yam Yam's win.  Loved him.  I agree with his final jury speech:  that he wasn't the best at idols, or immunities, but he was the best at talking to people.  In the end, isn't that really what it is about?  He had by far the best social game, and one of the best I have ever seen.  I am sorry about Carolyn getting no votes, but she won millions of fans.

To be fair he got quite a lot of screen time too. But I think that's more because he was a "character" than because he won. Heidi is really the won who got screwed by the editors.

They're really ignoring Heidi considering her balls to the wall move of making fire after winning immunity. The show just really didn't care about her.

• Like 2