Type keyword(s) to search

S44.E13: Absolute Banger Season LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I'm glad that everyone is getting some chance to speak at the reunion.  I don't know why Probst couldn't do this when it was in LA, but it's one positive I can say about this format.  

• Like 3

Sure, he got a lot of screen time because he was entertaining and relatable.  In every tribal council, we saw the jury laughing at his funny and lovable remarks.  He was a "character" because he was delightful.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, susannot said:

I'm happy with Yam Yam's win.  Loved him.  I agree with his final jury speech:  that he wasn't the best at idols, or immunities, but he was the best at talking to people.  In the end, isn't that really what it is about?  He had by far the best social game, and one of the best I have ever seen.  I am sorry about Carolyn getting no votes, but she won millions of fans.

I thought he was a loser who was petty for people writing his name down, but then I grew to respect him as there was more to him.  He totally had a lot more ammo & was actually a game player.  Not one I thought could win, but I did think he would get shut out

Just now, Shermie said:

Now they’re all “Carolyn, you’re so amazing and inspiring” but yeah, you didn’t vote for her, did you?

Being an amazing and inspiring person doesn't mean she's a great Survivor player, though.

• Like 3

Given Carolyn's edit, production clearly loved her and wanted people to root for her.  They edited her as someone who was more in tune with what was going on than anyone knew, and it's unfortunate that playing a good game sometimes means people aren't going to see it.

I'm still annoyed she didn't get one vote, but she won a lot of fans, hopefully gets the attention of Sia, and will be more remembered this season than some of these other jurors.  I wouldn't want them to vote for her for the sake of voting for her, but I also don't get what was so special about Yam Yam.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Shermie said:

Now they’re all “Carolyn, you’re so amazing and inspiring” but yeah, you didn’t vote for her, did you?

Amazing & inspiring is not what people do in order to win the game.  It helps but that's not an automatic recipe for sole survivor

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, susannot said:

Sure, he got a lot of screen time because he was entertaining and relatable.  In every tribal council, we saw the jury laughing at his funny and lovable remarks.  He was a "character" because he was delightful.

Your “delightful” is, alas, my “obnoxious.”

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

They should do a season where it's all children of previous Survivor contestants.

Probst has actually entertained this idea.  Even going as far as saying that maybe the parent(s) can be mentors.  

So previews of the next season, whatever. I don’t think I’ll watch; this was a one-off for me. 

Do they always go to the same place now? Is there a SurvivorLand or something in Fiji for everyone (contestants and production)? Lame. They should go to Northern Ontario in July to test their mettle - black flies, mosquitoes, bears, skunks, raccoons taking their supplies, hot as Hades so there will still be hot bods. They can still forage for food and there’s lots of fresh water. The tropical island theme is boring in its sameness.

• Like 3