Type keyword(s) to search

S44.E13: Absolute Banger Season LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Just now, jsm1125 said:

I hate this concept that many jurors have that giving up immunity to go to fire is worthwhile and impressive. It’s ridiculous and essentially implies that that immunity was worthless.

Am I hearing things, or did Probst claim that Heidi had been the only one before the F4 challenge to have never won individual immunity? What about Carolyn?

This is why I think they need to scrap the final 4 IC and just let them all make fire.  Either the first one to get fire wins immunity and then there's a traditional vote, or whoever finishes last gets eliminated.

• Like 9

I guess it's as good a time as any to make my annual threat ( which I never adhere to : "If ---- wins, I swear I'll never watch this show again ! " This year it's Yam Yam. He just annoys me.

• Like 3

Nobody got stick thin skinny this season. Even Carson still looks toned. That one extra week must make a big difference. Or else they're just eating a lot better now.

• Useful 1
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

This finale has had some really nice Tika moments. 

Carolyn/Yam Yam and Carson/Yam Yam's scenes were really great; it showcases why the three stuck together all this time.

Carson and Carolyn seemed close, and I wish we had gotten more insight into their relationship.  He didn't even want to entertain voting her off, and Carolyn seems like she was going to stick with him no matter what.  

• Like 1
Just now, iMonrey said:

Nobody got stick thin skinny this season. Even Carson still looks toned. That one extra week must make a big difference. Or else they're just eating a lot better now.

I think it's location too.  Fiji isn't exactly harsh like Cambodia or Marquesas or Africa was.  Seriously, even the jury doesn't look any different from when they are voted off.  I remember getting thrown off when they'd walk in all clean and dolled up.  

• Like 2
Just now, iMonrey said:

Yeah.  Another of my trash wallows is Naked&Afraid and they lose like 30 lbs in 3 weeks.  no thanks.

Just now, Straycat80 said:

Does the jury really care that you can make fire? Is that deciding their vote? I don’t think so. 

I think they might use it as their excuse for why they vote for someone if that person has nothing else going for them.  

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

One TAR teaser. Just one. All I’m asking for.

Jury is stunned with Heidi wearing the necklace.

I'm not.  I was on a call for a half hour.  So that's what it took for Heidi to win at the best time!

When they came up with this stupid final 4 fire challenge, I don't think they expected that people would start to give up immunity. They need to rethink it and go back to a straight vote. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
Just now, KaveDweller said:

When they came up with this stupid final 4 fire challenge, I don't think they expected that people would start to give up immunity. They need to rethink it and go back to a straight vote. 

They pulled this gimmick out of their ass to save a fan favorite. And they've had to stick with it ever since to justify it.

• Like 3
Just now, KaveDweller said:

Sooner or later something will happen that Jeff doesn't like, and he'll get rid of it.  He'll make up some excuse, but the reality will be someone "broke" the idea, or one of his absolute favorites get voted out.

And no Jeff, I do not need a big bowl of popcorn for this.  Again, this is not must see Survivor.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Yeah.  Another of my trash wallows is Naked&Afraid and they lose like 30 lbs in 3 weeks.  no thanks.

BRB, signing up to be on that show.

• LOL 6
(edited)

At least we’re spared a Carson/YY battle. That would’ve been painful.

3 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

They pulled this gimmick out of their ass to save a fan favorite. And they've had to stick with it ever since to justify it.

I don’t think it was specifically to save Ben, but I feel it was set up for an alpha dude that could’ not seal the deal at final immunity. And that was Ben.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 1

Except Heidi, Carson made clear he's not great at making fire so I'm not sure taking him on is this big deal that she thinks it is. 

I don't know that I buy that the jury, if they weren't already leaning to Heidi will completely vote for her because of this move. But then again, last season, I spent the entire finale saying any of the 5 is winning EXCEPT Gabler and well, Gabler won. So what do I know. 

Will be hilarious if Carson beats her and so in the end the Tika 3 still make it to the Final 3.

• Like 3
  • Love 1