Type keyword(s) to search

S44.E13: Absolute Banger Season LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Oh, well Global is already back with the jury voting. 

Wowzers.  I really, really hope nobody posts the winner before I see it as I'm watching live on traditional CBS

• Like 2
Just now, LadyChatts said:

Honestly, everything the final 3 has said is just blending together.  Heidi really has nothing game related, she keeps falling back on being a Latina and being a 'first' for the show.

Yeah, the issue is that none of them REALLY did a whole lot to stand out, game-wise. 

Heidi has her firemaking, I guess, and Carolyn kept her idol secret, but none of them seemed super in control. Carolyn/Yam Yam have Tika 3 to fall back on, which is huge, but otherwise, yeah, they're all blending together.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I think the jury has their mind made up and is just going through the motions.

Bingo! 

1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

IMO, Brandon doesn't seem to like any of the three. I don't think he looked very interested in the FTC from the shots we saw, so maybe he didn't care enough to have a question.

I don’t blame him. 

• Like 2

I feel like Heidi definitely played on the emotion the most and may have worked. I did laugh at Yam Yam's not so subtle eyeroll when she made the case of voting for her because she'd be the oldest female winner. 

Btw, is that true? Because I would have sworn Tina was in her 50s or so when she won. Or maybe she just looked that old.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Shermie said:

What’s IOTI? And what’s Sia? Sorry, haven’t watched in years, don’t know the lingo.

IOTI: Island of the Idols, where one contestant got too touchy with female contestants, and we wound up with “A Very Special Survivor Reunion.” There wasn’t one for the following season thanks to the pandemic.

Just now, LadyChatts said:

So I'm thinking Carson goes Yam Yam or Carolyn, Danny will vote Heidi, Frannie maybe Carolyn?  I really have no idea who any of the Ratu members or Matt will vote for.

If Frannie doesn't vote for Carolyn, I'd be shocked. She was her cheerleader for all the jury segment !

• Like 3

Honestly, as much as I am disappointed by the winner, I still think it's not the worst outcome we've seen from this new era. I see why it happened the way it did. Just disappointed in how the votes played out.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

So now all the nice clean and well-dressed jury members have to party with the dirty stinky final three? Weird. Again, haven’t watched in years and I get this is the post-Covid thing but it’s weird.

Poor Carolyn. She played the same game as YY but got no votes.

• Like 5

I hate new era Survivor.  Erika's edit was invisible, Gabler didn't have much of an arc, and Yam Yam...well, none of the final 3 stood out but I feel like they were trying to make it seem unpredictable.  I'm sad Carolyn didn't get one stinking vote, but not surprised, she clearly had no respect out there.  I wish we could get the jurors reaction to seeing that she was playing a better game than they gave her credit for (even if they talked about it in interviews).  

Also, sorry, but I miss the drama.  I miss bitter contestants.  I miss close votes.  

• Like 6
(edited)

Did not see that coming but in a way it makes sense. Because Yam Yam was so close to being out so many times and he fought and clawed his way to stick around and outlast everyone else and he did play a fairly strategic game.

Would have been nice to see Carolyn get a vote and also I just wanted to be right if she won. But I'm not too pressed or even shocked by this winner like I was last season with Gabler. 

Yam Yam's win does make me think that Carson likely would have won if it was the Tika 3 in the Final 3 because I do think the jury felt he was the overall brains of the trio.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 4

Big takeaway, just because the editors loved Carolyn doesn't mean the other players did. Editing really means nothing. They focus on who makes good TV. The winner is usually an afterthought.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

This is what you get with a Final 3.  Yet another session where someone did not receive one vote, but the eventual winner didn't even sweep.  Except Yam-Yam and Carolyn's spots were the opposite of what I thought last month

• Like 1

Yam Yam just seemed too petty for my liking.  As in, it was okay for him to keep secrets, make moves, write down people's names (because that's the game), but god forbid someone do the same.  

So I guess we know now why Jamie and Kane didn't tell when they found out her idol wasn't real.  And while I know Frannie and Matt are still together, asking them before they even went back home if they are still a couple seems premature.

• Like 2

Im happy for Yam Yam. It was obvious that the jury thinks the world of him, and they're the ones who've lived with him all this time, not the viewers. Same with Gabler last year. Don't be misdirected by the editing next season; they do it deliberately.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

Yam Yam just seemed too petty for my liking.  As in, it was okay for him to keep secrets, make moves, write down people's names (because that's the game), but god forbid someone do the same.  

This is why I’m disappointed he won. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

The one person out of the final five that I didn’t want to win won.  Now we get a barely half hour reunion show?  They really need to figure out a better way to do this so we get a decent reunion show.  Maybe five is one hour during the CBS finale week and then three hours the following week.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

Can we agree Carolyn carried this season? She deserved better from the jury.

Clearly the show thought so. They're more interested in focusing on "characters" than the eventual winner.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
Just now, Carey said:

Carolyn is pissed.  The powers that be win

She has to know that she was excellent for us to watch, and she deserved a Reunion to get crowd love.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
Just now, KeithJ said:

The one person out of the final five that I didn’t want to win won.  Now we get a barely half hour reunion show?  They really need to figure out a better way to do this so we get a decent reunion show.  Maybe five is one hour during the CBS finale week and then three hours the following week.

Agree on both counts.  I'm not surprised Carolyn didn't get any votes, it's probably easier to say you lost to Yam Yam than to Carolyn.  The jury segment was so boring, they should have cut that down and focused more on the reunion.