Type keyword(s) to search

S29: Natalie Anderson

Tommn1
  • Start Topic

Crossfit Coach and Physical Therapy student

Relationship to Significant Castaway: Nadiya’s twin sister (Twinnie!)

Nadiya and I have so much fun; whether we are working together or competing against each other! Doing something this intense and getting to share it with my twinnie is something I will never forget.

Official CBS Bio

I found the Twinnie's so grating on TAR.  Hopefully they tone it down.

I just finished watching the cast videos, and oy vey... Natalie and Nadiya are among my favorites.

My first impression of almost everybody else was so piss poor that I am rooting for these banshees to make it far.

I wonder what they can steal on this show?  There's no cash floating around.

Coconuts, they'll see them on the ground & pretend they didn't know anyone else had climbed up the tree & cut them off.

Clues to the HII.

Good call.   They will be the first to seek the clue when on a reward or at camp in their supplies, etc.

Wouldn't surpise me to see them going through anothers belongins trying to find if they have one.  Rules are you cannot steal the idol but knowing can be valuable information.  They will be keen on following someone who leaves the camp, too.  All within the rules, of course. 

• Love 2

Oh deer gahd no... after such a great season they saddle us with [these] harpies?  I can still hear their voices bouncing around causing hemorrages in my head. I can only hope they follow their 1st out in TAR All-Stars with a first eliminated for Blood & Water, like the way Rupert went out in the first B&W.

Seriously, I hate cross-casting, and this one is like a swift kick in the nuts.

Edited by GenL
  • Love 3

I like to be contrarian, and frankly it's not so difficult here - these  twins are very tough physically, and if they are able to function separately they could be powerful assets in a tribe. If people can disregard pink underpants, they can disregard shrillness, can't they? At least these two can actually help in challenges. 

• Love 1
Oh deer gahd no... after such a great season they saddle us with [these] harpies?  I can still hear their voices bouncing around causing hemorrages in my head. I can only hope they follow their 1st out in TAR All-Stars with a first eliminated for Blood & Water, like the way Rupert went out in the first B&W.

Seriously, I hate cross-casting, and this one is like a swift kick in the nuts.

Hi all! Just stopped by before the premiere to (hopefully) find others as horrified as I was when I saw the twinnies mugs on the new cast list. It's as if good things in life (the twinnies first episode TAR All Stars boot) can't just exist on their own in the universe. We have to pay for them somewhere down the road.  I think this is the worst case of cross-contamination I've had to endure in my reality tv watching career. Seriously. I can't stand them. 

• Love 2

TWINNIE!

As somebody who never detested the Twinnies, I'm honestly happy for Natalie. She had to work without Nadiya, she had to deal with a tough crowd, and she pulled off five votes out of eight. At the end of the night, it's all she can ask for. Congratulations, Natalie!

• Love 7

TWINNIE!

As somebody who never detested the Twinnies, I'm honestly happy for Natalie. She had to work without Nadiya, she had to deal with a tough crowd, and she pulled off five votes out of eight. At the end of the night, it's all she can ask for. Congratulations, Natalie!

She played gutsy at the end, and worked her plan brilliantly when she knew the game was out of her hands.

• Love 4

but will they admit it?

People who didn't like the twinnies on TAR (like myself) have been lauding Natalie's play on Survivor for weeks.  So, yes many already have.

Edited by GenL
Removed potential inflammatory comment
  • Love 5

While I'm at it . . . here's the first picture I've ever had taken with a Survivor champion, past, present or future. I'm going to assume Natalie was on my left. It's a little hard to tell by nose piercings alone.

Do you remember if either one had the side of their head shaved? I can't tell from the pic, but the one on the island with part of her hair gone was Nadiya.

I also think that Nadiya is the taller one.

Does this make Natalie the first cross over person out of the three shows to win? I believe it does.

Yes, though outside of CBS, Gary Busey accomplished the same feat earlier this year, not to take away from her triumph ~

Congrats to Natalie!  Loved her and Nadiya on The Amazing Race (both of their seasons albeit the second one was short lived) and as sorry as I was to see Nadiya gone the first episode; Natalie more than made up for it.  She seized the game and owned it!  Great win for a great player.

• Love 1

I've removed some posts that had degenerated into arguments instead of talking about the topic at hand- Natalie.  Remember to keep your personal arguments off the threads.  Take them to a PM if you feel you must or use our handy "ignore" feature if you just can't handle reading certain people's posts.

Natalie is such a satisfactory winner. There is no controversy about who was leading who, just a wonderful example of tenacity and strategy bringing the win.

I think the thing I admire most about her is that, ironically in a couples season, she played the game alone during some of the early and all of the final episodes. After Jeremy left, she had no one with whom to run scenarios, making big moves solely from her own confidence in herself.

Love. Her.

• Love 5

I think I've asked this before on the TAR board or on the old board, but I'm curious as to how they have the last name "Anderson".  They don't look mixed race, and their parents both looked 100% Sri Lankan.  Is Sri Lanka like the Phillippines?  Most Filipinos have Spanish surnames, because the Phillippines was colonised by the Spanish and as the colonists married into the society, it seems most of the people today are now descended from those colonists.  Are most Sri Lankans descended from European colonists?  If that's how they have the name "Anderson", that's interesting to me.  India was also colonised by the British but you don't see a lot of Indians with British surnames.

I think I've asked this before on the TAR board or on the old board, but I'm curious as to how they have the last name "Anderson".  They don't look mixed race, and their parents both looked 100% Sri Lankan.  Is Sri Lanka like the Phillippines?  Most Filipinos have Spanish surnames, because the Phillippines was colonised by the Spanish and as the colonists married into the society, it seems most of the people today are now descended from those colonists.  Are most Sri Lankans descended from European colonists?  If that's how they have the name "Anderson", that's interesting to me.  India was also colonised by the British but you don't see a lot of Indians with British surnames.

I know more than a few Sri Lankans but all have surnames that you'd associate with the region. 

Looking outside my personal circle, there appear to be a few Sri Lankans with 'English' surnames, but I don't know if it's an adopted name or otherwise. For example the current captain of the national cricket team is Angelo Mathews.

It's quite possible a number of English colonists settled and integrated within society and their last names propagated accordingly. Interesting question there.

There wasn't much marriage into society like in the Philippines and no Sri Lankans aren't usually descended from European colonists because it wasn't colonized as in Europeans moving over and settling down there in great numbers.

But people are people and people fall in love even if it isn't in the social norm.  Also I think I recall seeing one of both of them wearing a cross at some point on TAR maybe?  (Or I am imagining it).  But if I didn't imagine it maybe their father or grandfather even may have been the offspring of some English missionary type from a  generations or two ago on their father's side?  Just mere speculation and probably dead wrong and wrongly remembered.

Wrong or right it would be interesting to know because I was wondering too.

OT:  As for India being colonized by the British.  There are different types of colonizing.  India was "administered" by the British as a colony, not "settled" by colonizers from England like America say. 

Even so where there are males and females of any kind, procreation has a way of happening.  There was enough inter-marriage or inter-sleeping withs that there is a small minority in India referred to to this day as Anglo-Indians.  The off spring was usually viewed with suspicion by Indians as to where their real allegiance lay prior to independence as well as feeling they got more perks from the British over "real" Indians. 

The English saw the off spring as "not top drawer, old boy" but even so it was considered "proper" for them to find secondary clerk-like jobs for the off spring of these unions.  If the English person involved actually married the Indian it was sometimes considered worse by their fellows because having "bastards" was more acceptable then "going native" and having "legitimate" off spring.  Ah yes the clash of cultures through history is weird indeed.

It's funny but I never knew Natalie's (or Nadia's) last name during the two times during the run on The Amazing Race. It never even occurred to me. LOL!! I also thought it was unusual that her last name was so generic as Anderson.

And what do the haters who called them "thieves" and "harpies" think of Natalie's win? She definitely worked hard at it and played beautifully, but will they admit it?

They acted like idiots on TAR.

Nat, at least, redeemed herself on Survivor.

These two things are certainly not mutually exclusive.

• Love 2

I disliked the twinnies intensely on TAR - I found them incredibly annoying.  I went into this season already not liking them.  When Nadiya got voted out early I was thrilled.  But Natalie's game grew on me - she played smart, she adapted well to the changes in the game, she made moves when she needed to.  I hope she and Nadiya never appear on TAR again but I think Natalie totally earned the win on Survivor.

• Love 2