Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

21 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Did the 3rd grade teacher sort of drop the ball on Alissa's statement about having sex with her dad? I know she [Alissa] walked it back, but still felt like a guidance counselor or someone should have followed up on that/interviewed her more extensively about the comment, especially given her mother had died (just the year before?) and she was being raised by her stepfather. 

I can’t believe her teacher just brushed that off! That poor girl was trapped with that psycho. She deserved to be believed even if she took it back.  They mentioned the dad was asked about it and said ‘she confuses kissing with sex’, but of course he’d deny it. It should’ve been escalated to child protection services for follow-ups. 

Her siblings seemed odd, too. Older brother who just believed their dad and didn’t help her had an odd smirk through most of his interview. Got a weird vibe from him.

and podcast Sarah-I’m sorry, but she came off like an opportunist to me. I didn’t hear sympathy for her sister in her voice at all. Just excitement to tell her listeners ‘the whole story.’ 

Not blaming them, of no course, they grew up with that creepy man, too. But I felt they knew a lot more than they’re admitting, but were relieved they weren’t the target so just blocked it out and got on with their lives. 

I pray they find her body and it’s surrounded by enough evidence to connect that scum bag to the crime. He definitely killed her. Probably when she said she was leaving for good. 

“she wanted me to film her at work because I always filmed the other kids.” Yeah, that clip of her mortified face waving you away sure looks like she loved you filming her. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I found the Alissa Turney story infuriating. I don't know why the judge granted the dismissal, he could have let the jury decide if there was enough evidence. I would have voted guilty just based on what we saw, but then again the same judge disallowed a lot of the evidence we knew about like the pipe bombs. But what about that weird contract he made her sign?

I actually thought Andrea did a good job interviewing the stepfather, she really nailed him down on a lot of the damning evidence against him.

22 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

How much did Alissa's biological dad see her? Was surprised when he popped up since he signed off rights. Felt like there was more to the story there.

They said he hadn't seen her since she was 2 years old. I agree there's more to the story. I also assume Mike Turney's other two sons still support him since we never heard from them.

15 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Most importantly, did Andrea make any interesting fashion statements?

I noticed her wearing the same blue four-leaf clover necklace she had worn in Thursday's episode, which was a repeat of the case about the Iranian immigrant car dealer who had his wife killed. I looked it up and it's the Alhambra design by Van Cleef & Arpel. She also wore a yellow one in a separate interview, so clearly the show is being supplied these jewelry sets. Also when she was interviewing one of the Iranian friends in the other show, the friend was wearing a matching necklace set.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Agree with all comments, so, Andrea-wise I will just point out that the fall or bump-it or whatever they are called on the back of Andrea's head during the interview with the new detective gave her serious alien head, especially with the rest of her hair being so pressed down the way it usually is. I could not take my eyes off it. 👽🤣😇

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Older brother who just believed their dad and didn’t help her had an odd smirk through most of his interview.

He pushed back but there's only so much he could do.  He was pushed away because he pushed back but he was probably too young to have any power to do anything--and it sounds like he didn't know about the sexual abuse.  Yet he was old enough to get away.

It must have been creepy step father theme this week.  One of last night's reruns was about a stepfather "father-figure" who acted concerned but really had relapsed on drugs, killed his stepdaughter, and framed someone else for the crime.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2

I have no doubt he did it. There wasn't enough evidence because the majority of the evidence wasn't even allowed. 

I don't believe for one second that a man as paranoid as Mike forgot to turn the recorder on 

I hope one day they find her body or some evidence and are able to retry him.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 11/20/2023 at 4:55 PM, Tdoc72 said:

IIRC he said he then left to go to his parents. He got out of there just in the nick of time to not be shot. He’s so lucky!! (Sarcasm) Also I’ve seen on a few forums by people who believe he’s innocent that he was probably held at gun point while his family was killed but he can never say b/c he’ll be in danger. IMO those people are nuts. 

I am also surprised that no one brought up the Murdaugh housekeeper who mysteriously died from a fall down the stairs? Then we learned her kids received nothing of the so-called settlement.

• Like 3

Saturday's "Weekend Mystery" was a repeat of a woman named Sarm who disappeared from a yacht in the US Virgin Islands. You may remember Andrea pulling up next to this guy's boat and yelling "Ryan did you have anything to so with Sarm's disappearance? 

Anyway - this was Andrea at her most absurd. She asked the coast guard guy "If someone's belongings are still on the boat but they are missing is that a bad sign?"

And when the investigator said they had no leads she replied "You have a real mystery on your hands!"

But, most hilarious of all, interviewing the ex-wife of the suspected murderer.

Ex-wife: "He pulled me out of the truck by my hair, smashed my head against the ground, turned me over and began choking me out."

Andrea: "Did you think your life was in danger?"

OMG. Master of the bleeding obvious.

• Like 4
  • LOL 11
On 12/5/2023 at 7:45 PM, iMonrey said:

You may remember Andrea pulling up next to this guy's boat and yelling "Ryan did you have anything to so with Sarm's disappearance?" 

LOL  I was so embarrassed for her I had to look away.

The Last Weekend:  I'm going to have to add "waitress" to all the things I wouldn't let my daughter do if I had a daughter. 

Creepy old dude, ugly as sin, twenty years older than she is, thinks she belongs to him because she smiles at him and brings him food.  Poor innocent trumpet player gets caught up in the middle of it all. 

I didn't  blame the detectives for going home to sleep, but why did they all have to do it at the same time?

• Like 5

The most heartbreaking, haunting element of that episode was that video of Heather, from about a year before she was murdered, talking about the abuse she'd suffered. Imagine how different things might've been if someone had stepped in and put a stop to the abuse right then and there, and managed to make it so he was in prison for abusing her before, thus making it so he couldn't hurt her anymore at all. 

What a chilling way for things to end. Ugh. 

• Like 5

These 1-hour "Weekend Mysteries" seem to be repeats, but I do not remember either of the two most recent ones.

"Unspeakable" was the wife accused of stabbing her husband to death. She was found tied up in the closet with a chair against the door and claimed not to remember anything because she had epileptic seizures. I couldn't believe the jury found her guilty. The prosecution's case was fabricated out of whole cloth. Every bit of their theory was pure imagination. While there were one or two things that made me suspicious about her, the case was so paper thin there's no way I could ever have voted guilty.

"At The Bottom of the Stairs" was the polar opposite. It was so obvious the wife killed her spouse, there was nobody else who could have poured the paint all over the body, it was still wet when paramedics arrived. There was a long history of domestic violence too. I don't think it was premeditated, more likely a heat of the moment thing that got out of hand, so manslaughter was probably the right call.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, iMonrey said:

"Unspeakable" was the wife accused of stabbing her husband to death. She was found tied up in the closet with a chair against the door and claimed not to remember anything because she had epileptic seizures. I couldn't believe the jury found her guilty

I know.  Did they think she hit herself in the head to cause that big goose egg? The prosecuting attorney demonstrating how she could wrap her own hands in a tie and pull a chair to the door?  So what? 

I really wanted the defense attorney to act out a long scenario of the daughter's ex boyfriend coming in, pulling all the drawers open, stabbing the husband and hitting the woman in the head.  If you can act it out it must have happened, right?

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

In the latest Dateline, "Down the Basement Stairs", I really didn't feel like there was enough evidence to convict her, and I wasn't actually sure if she did it. But at the sentencing hearing, when the daughter was pleading for Cara to get no more jail time, and basically in a huff said that she didn't know her mom Ann (the deceased) at all, I was disgusted.  First of all, if Cara is guilty, then the reason the daughter didn't know her mom Ann, is cause Cara killed her!  But more importantly, that statement was such an indictment of Cara. It seems like in all the other murders where a young child remains, the family does everything they can to tell the young child all about the deceased, even when it wasn't the child's mother!!! But in this case, apparently Cara just excised Ann's existence out of their lives entirely, which does make me lean towards thinking she was guilty. Plus, pretty much any time that two or more people together happen upon a dead body in a home, you can bet that one of them did it (and disgustingly, it's often the child who is the unwitting second person).

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
7 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I really wanted the defense attorney to act out a long scenario of the daughter's ex boyfriend coming in, pulling all the drawers open, stabbing the husband and hitting the woman in the head.  If you can act it out it must have happened, right?

I can't believe the cops didn't even question or investigate the drug addict ex who had stolen from them before. My own speculation is that he or someone else broke in while they were away, they came home unexpectedly and he maybe hid in a closet or something, they found him and he ended up killing them. And hey, my theory is every bit as valid as the prosecution's and has just as much evidence to support it.

• Like 5

Everytime there is a conviction in one of these sketchy cases, I am reminded of that case where the Asian man was shot at his desk while the wife and son WERE HOME. The guy was abusive apparently, and there was NO QUESTION that one of them did it, but neither would say who did it, so both of them got off. 🤷‍♀️ And yet the poor woman in the closet is convicted! 

• Like 4

The one last night was a repeat of the wife who allegedly slipped and fell in the bathtub. As the case went on the evidence against the soon-to-be ex husband just piled on and on until it was so obvious he killed her. 

That said, I had a couple of nagging doubts about some of the claims witnesses made. For one, a friend said the victim never would take a bath, she only showered, and then said she had just gotten a hair treatment and wouldn't have gotten her hair wet. So I immediately thought "Well maybe that's why she's taking a bath instead of a shower, dummy."

Also, some "expert" testified that the cabinet door that had been pulled out of its hinges wouldn't have come away that easily, but I found that to be rather flimsy speculation. He had no idea how well or how poorly that cabinet was made. 

There was too much evidence against the husband for reasonable doubt, but if he wasn't so damn shady I might have been swayed that the victim did indeed slip and fall and grab onto the cabinet door on her way down.

• Like 7

Kelly and Tucker Reed. What a couple of pyschopaths.  It sucks so much that Kelly got exactly what she wanted - her brother dead, all of the moms assets, and no jail time.

That poor notary stuck up in the middle of nowhere with this insanity going on - I truly believe she's lucky to be alive.

I will never understand people who value money/property over all else.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, sskrill said:

Kelly and Tucker Reed. What a couple of pyschopaths.  It sucks so much that Kelly got exactly what she wanted - her brother dead, all of the moms assets, and no jail time.

It's infuriating the mother got no jail time. She clearly got her daughter all spun up over her uncle.

This one could have been edited down to an hour for the repeat. I didn't need a whole hour about Tucker's acting career.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

Not only infuriating that Kelly got no jail time but also that Tucker got off with such a light sentence.  I lean towards thinking that a jury absolutely would have convicted her.

When Kelly was screaming at the detective, "I never lie! I never lie!", I thought listen here you absolute lunatic......you just looked this man dead in the eye two minutes ago and said you don't know who shot your brother:  LIE.  And then when I froze on the paperwork they showed (for her intake?), her weight was listed as 147.  Assuming that came from her and not that they only accidently weighed one of her thighs:  LIE.  

It makes me sad that I don't think this will be the last we've heard of these two.  They seem to delight in leaving a path of destruction and making false accusations.  They've gotten away with murder.  I don't see that behavior not continuing and/or just intensifying.  

• Like 4

With Tucker getting out of prison as early as next year, I'm sure she will immediately amass a huge social media following, make tons of money, and become the star she so desperately wants to be. Maybe mother and daughter can even have a podcast. Murder has really paid off for the both of them. 

• Sad 1

Friday Jan 5th's episode about Gloria:

I'm left with one burning question.😁 I know he's not the killer, but what ever happened to Corpse Kisser????   🤔  Would not be surprised at all if some point down the road he got arrested for some kind of sexual deviancy...peeping Tom, touching little girls, necrophilia.

Also, while Andrea's interviewing is annoying AF, the I-just-threw-up-in-my-mouth-a little face she made when his behavior at the funeral came up was almost worth having her as the host.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Also, while Andrea's interviewing is annoying AF, the I-just-threw-up-in-my-mouth-a little face she made when his behavior at the funeral came up was almost worth having her as the host.

And her jewelry didn't disappoint either.

I've got to stop falling for these "updates" where the new information is literally two minutes tacked onto the end of an entire old episode. I no longer have anyone to blame but myself.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
On 1/6/2024 at 8:43 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Now that Andrea has toned down her make-up (eyelashes), I'm more able to focus on what she's saying &, I must say, she's quick & very adept at interviews.  (Just saying'!)

She still makes me cringe asking dumb questions of friends and families of the victims, but when she gets to interview the suspects she's pretty good at holding their feet to the fire. 

• Like 5

Any comments on last night's episode?   To me, one of the saddest crime cases is where a child kills their parent(s).    And in this case, the police seemed to do a good job.  It would have been very easy to have tunnel vision where they'd pin it on the wife and be done with it.      My take is that the son in this case was a very spoiled and enabled young person who had no moral compass.  It was his parent's bad luck that the kid's girlfriend/wife was cut from the same cloth.  It's sad that all she got was a slap on the wrist (if you could even call it that).  

• Like 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, 12catcrazy said:

Any comments on last night's episode?   To me, one of the saddest crime cases is where a child kills their parent(s).    And in this case, the police seemed to do a good job.  It would have been very easy to have tunnel vision where they'd pin it on the wife and be done with it.      My take is that the son in this case was a very spoiled and enabled young person who had no moral compass.  It was his parent's bad luck that the kid's girlfriend/wife was cut from the same cloth.  It's sad that all she got was a slap on the wrist (if you could even call it that).  

Until he was interviewed at the end, I thought he must have just been a little psycho, but after listening to him talk, I too came to the conclusion that his actions stemmed from a spoiled and entitled life view/upbringing where he never had to work hard for anything or suffer consequences for his actions. Add in his immaturity and a warped desire to impress his new wife and give them an upscale life.  She was equally as greedy and lacking morals and should have had a similar sentence. She definitely got off light.  Now can you imagine the next guy who brings her home to meet his parents? 😨 What a nightmare daughter-in-law. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Like 8

I am a someone who believes that nature is as a big of an influence over who we become, as nurture. I think Andrea hit the nail on the head when she asked Nick if he was born evil. I loved her interview with him, and that she did hold his feet to the fire. 

I also love that Nick's mother does not forgive him, and said that she loved the boy he was, but hates the person he is now. Good for her for not falling into the "I forgive you" nonsense. 

The fact that Nick and his wife married when they were barely 18 years old and kept it a secret for 8 months shows a huge disconnect that he had from his parents. I also noticed that he referred to his dad as "father", not "dad" to the police, which is a very formal term to use. He did seem to want to take the easy way out in life, and did not like that his mother was not letting him away with not holding up his end of the deal.

Nick's wife was just as involved as he was, and I am appalled that she got off with barely a slap on the wrist. They both deserve to rot in hell. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1

I remember thinking it was weird that Nick's mom just...rolled over and planned to go back to sleep when her husband was heading out with his gun to investigate the noise. Especially given they'd been the victims of a burglary the year prior. Also, maybe it's 'cause I've never owned a gun or done any hunting or things of that sort, but does one honestly need to take a gun with them if they think a noise is just an animal roaming around outside? Couldn't he have just yelled and scared it away if that's what it had been? 

Obviously, of course, that wasn't what it turned out to be, and I continue to be not even remotely surprised at how so many of these stories involve people being killed with the very guns they keep in their homes "for protection". Clearly that worked out so well for the husband, I see. Even having a gun on him wasn't enough to save his life. The whole "keeping guns for protection" mindset just seems increasingly like some kind of self-fulfilling prophecy at this point. 

But yeah, I figured it had to be someone who knew them well enough to have some familiarity with their home and where they kept their guns, because your random burglar obviously isn't going to know that or find the right gun so to speak, to use that quickly. Between that and the very measured way Nick's mom started talking about Nick's wife, yeah, the puzzle pieces started coming together fairly early in that regard. I fully agree that Nick sounded like a spoiled little brat who couldn't deal with the fact that his parents started putting their foot down about his financial matters and so he  wanted to retaliate. I fully agree his wife should've gotten a stronger sentence - at the very least, she knew of his plans and didn't go to the proper authorities to warn them of what he wanted to do. 

I was also amazed at the police going to the wrong house. I wonder just how often that kind of mix up has happened. Probably more often than one would like to think. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
51 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I continue to be not even remotely surprised at how so many of these stories involve people being killed with the very guns they keep in their homes "for protection". Clearly that worked out so well for the husband, I see.

I was confused by the detectives saying Corey's "gun skills" saved her life. How? She obviously didn't hit either of the gunmen. Maybe she scared them off but I would hardly attribute that to any sort of skill. And yes, there is always an irony to someone who is armed to the teeth "for protection" and ends up being killed by their own firearm. I have no objections to responsible gun ownership but having a house full of guns clearly gives people a false sense of security.

I just don't know what to make of the son. He didn't strike me as being particularly bright during his interview with Andrea. At least he owned up to his own culpability. 

I also admired Corey's steely attitude towards him and wish Nick's wife had received the same sentence.

• Like 9
(edited)

I completely agree with both @Annber03 and @iMonrey about the gun points. I also thought it was ironic that they had a security system but didn't use it when they were home. Instead they kept guns all over the house that I guess they though they'd have easy access to yet someone could easily break in and use one of their own guns.  

Or Nick could have been killed some night he was sneaking back in from getting drunk in the barn had his parents heard him and thought he was an intruder. If only!

I was also kinda wondering if Nick warned the hired hitmen about the dogs and told them to take them out too. 

Also if Nick's dad had actually hit the hitman with his weapon first and survived, was Nick and his wife going to fork over more money to hire two more hitman???

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Like 5

I started watching during the 911 call playback and thought the wife did it, cuz she had that breathy stutter that other women have use to feign panic for the cops. And she didn't seem to be making it clear that she shot.Then she called the son and said there was "a shooting" which was an odd way to phrase it.

Andrea did do a pretty good job holding Nick's feet to the fire. I shuddered at him retorting "I'm not proud of it!" --as if he took some money from his dad's wallet or something. 

• Like 12
5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I started watching during the 911 call playback and thought the wife did it, cuz she had that breathy stutter that other women have use to feign panic for the cops.

I thought the same thing at first. Very dramatic.

• Like 8
15 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The fact that Nick and his wife married when they were barely 18 years old and kept it a secret for 8 months shows a huge disconnect that he had from his parents.

Although Andrea did a good job interviewing Nick, I felt a different correspondent might have pulled more information from Corey about her son. The combination of secret wedding and handing a teenager $30k to day trade that they could not pay back would irk most parents. It was hard to believe Corey didn't pick up on anything suspicious when Nick and his awful wife were living with her. 

Also, WTH with the oddball neighbor hiring Nick as a PI? 

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

This case was also featured on 48 Hours last night. I might have to take a peek to see if it reveals more/different information. 

Yes! Though I haven't watched 48 Hours yet, I figured it was the same case, since the DVR recap mentions a woman only getting 120 days behind bars. The same case, especially during the same weekend, usually gets an automatic delete from me, but I am also curious to see how 48 Hours presents the story. (I've never heard of this case before, which makes me more curious to watch another telling of it-- if this was one we've seen covered multiple times, I wouldn't bother!)

• Like 4

The son seemed so robotic, like he was saying what he was supposed to say or told to say. You don’t usually hear someone say, ‘Father’ instead of ‘my Dad’ or ‘my Father,’ at least not outside of religious cults. And he didn’t move his mouth much when he spoke. A lot like the male friend they interviewed. Like ventriloquists.  Bad time to be an orphan from Ukraine.

Agree with all that was said about the wife. That sentence was ridiculous. We’ll be seeing her again on this show, I’ll bet.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
34 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Agree with all that was said about the wife. That sentence was ridiculous. We’ll be seeing her again on this show, I’ll bet.

If a relative of mine started dating her, I would be frantic!  

I am watching the 48 hour version right now, and they mentioned the mother was planning an engagement party for the son and dil after the murder.   I just thougth that strange so soon after the murder.

I do wonder how long Corey would have survived if her son hadn't been arrested.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
26 minutes ago, badgerwoman said:

I do wonder how long Corey would have survived if her son hadn't been arrested.

Yeah, I mean they basically didn't finish the job. You have to wonder if they were trying to come up with a plan to bump off Corey next. 

• Like 4

Last 15 minutes of 48 hours was interesting cuz they pursued the DIL only getting 120 days more thoroughly. They also interviewed Nick. Tried to interview his wife but only got a couple sentences out of her. She feels her sentence was "fair for her level of involvement." (These kids have zero regard for human life!) But she was planning what to buy her mother with the proceeds. 

Corey did let DIL live with Nick in their house pre-marriage also, so that had to be when they were only 17ish. Yikes! She also wanted to have the house cleaned right after the murder, so there were reasons she was raising suspicion. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, badgerwoman said:

I am watching the 48 hour version right now, and they mentioned the mother was planning an engagement party for the son and dil after the murder.   I just thougth that strange so soon after the murder.

They also talked about the engagement party in the Dateline version. Jackie wanted it, which I thought was odd since they were already married. I can only surmise that after the engagement party Jackie would have  wanted a wedding/reception as well.

It does make me wonder why they married in secret, just a couple of months after graduating from HS. Makes me think they were planning the murders at that time, and it may have had something to do with husband and wife not having to testify against each other, if they were caught? 

I think the info elicited by both Andrea, and the interviewer for 48 Hrs, while interviewing both Nick and Corey was basically the same. Nick came off as cold to me in both interviews, I think his only regret is that he got caught, not that his father is dead. Oh, and of course that the killers didn't finish the job and leave him 8 million dollars richer. Sad that he is eligible for parole at age 36. He should never get out. If I were Corey I'd be looking over my shoulder. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, TVbitch said:

This case was also featured on 48 Hours last night. I might have to take a peek to see if it reveals more/different information. 

This seems to be a pattern.  Multiple true crime shows apparently running out of "new" cases to air irrespective of what their competitors are airing.  

I find this quite condescending and disrespectful to their viewers.  

Edited by pdlinda
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

I think it's pretty simple.  There are only so many true crime cases out there where people are willing to get in front of a camera and talk about the case.  And those cases get disproportionately covered.  They can't control when their competitors cover the same case.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

To be fair  I wonder if  Dateline and 48 Hours knows the schedule of the competitor  because it's so weird they would both have the Shaunassy case the same weekend.  

I did watch both though and it was interesting how they both approached it differently. The son had that arrogrant look that I have come to  find so many of these men  who  are guilty have.

There was a case recently too that was very interesting that got  me to start watching  48Hours and Dateline again,  the Snap Chat Killer.  I won't  say anymore  as to spoil it for anyone, but it was one of the more interesting ones.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
23 hours ago, TVbitch said:

She feels her sentence was "fair for her level of involvement."

She's sticking to her story that she was only trying to humor Nick and was never serious about it and would have stopped it if it had gone too far. Problem is, she didn't. Even if that were true (which I absolutely do not believe), once Ted was dead, she immediately became an accessory after the fact for not reporting it to the authorities. I can't imagine what information she provided that was valuable enough to warrant such a sweet plea deal.

23 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

If I were Corey I'd be looking over my shoulder. 

Well, I doubt Nick stands to inherit one thin dime from her at this point. Can't think of any motive Corey would have anymore.

• Like 3

I'm one of those who thought Corey was so performative, during both the calls to the cops and to Nick and her friend Karen and also during the interview with Andrea, that she had to be guilty. The detectives say she was cleared, but I can't quite convince myself she didn't have some involvement. Maybe I just didn't like her, but . . .

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
23 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I'm one of those who thought Corey was so performative, during both the calls to the cops and to Nick and her friend Karen and also during the interview with Andrea, that she had to be guilty. The detectives say she was cleared, but I can't quite convince myself she didn't have some involvement. Maybe I just didn't like her, but . . .

There's a reality show called The Traitors that I watch.  It's a show about deception.  Two or three traitors are selected and they "kill" people every night.  The rest of the group (about 20) are 'faithfuls' and their goal is to vote people out who they think are traitors. 

The reason I bring up a silly reality game is because it never fails that the faithful tend to read guilt into the slightest change in behavior and they're almost always wrong.

Corey might have seemed performative but those performative quirks are usually modeled after real-life reactions.  I think Corey had the real-life reaction performances end up based on. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I think Corey had the real-life reaction performances end up based on. 

The problem with that theory is that it's hard to tell which came first, the chicken or the egg. In her case the endless repetitions and the forced stammering seemed like a copy of something we see in bad acting. Mileage clearly varies.

• Like 6
17 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

The problem with that theory is that it's hard to tell which came first, the chicken or the egg. In her case the endless repetitions and the forced stammering seemed like a copy of something we see in bad acting. Mileage clearly varies.

I don't see chicken or the egg since people faking it are usually basing it on something real.

But I'd think her son would have turned on her if she were involved.

Plus, I don't think she would have put her dog in danger. Poor puppy

:(

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I was talking to a friend who used to be a tv news reporter about all these people talking about trauma to news shows.  He told me he found a lot of victims of crime or disasters feel a compulsion to talk about it.   He never had to prod anyone into speaking with him about the tragedies he covered.  Some people didn't want to talk, and that was fine with him, because most did want to talk.  So that is maybe why these people talk to both dateline and 48 Hours. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3