Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Another mystery is what on earth she did with over half a million dollars, if Larry's money was paying for all their travelling and housing. Bizarre. 

The only thing I could think of is that over that number of years she bought and bought and bought different things for her 6 children and grandchildren that added up to a lot of $$.    

Mention was made that she was paying one of the children for a "no-show" job but maybe there were more of these "arrangements."  Also, maybe she helped the children/grandchildren with various things, like home improvements, that also cost a lot.  She emphasized to her daughter not to worry about financial shortfalls in her household as she had more than enough to cover the costs.  Of course, she attributed her being flush with funds to Larry's brilliant investing ability!!

Another interesting question that was posed upthread was what happened to the supposed "millions" Larry had from his (I presume) retirement package from the lumber company and his additional investments??  They mentioned $2 million but I thought the bulk of that was the house/land that must have skyrocketed through the years.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Especially given they talked about how he would laugh at the stories of her dressing all in black, like she's on some Mission: Impossible type outing, and breaking into a place where she'd worked to take things she believed to be hers and whatnot. 

I think that the ninja caper that she pulled off with the former employer was a more trivial matter to Larry because it involved a time when he wasn't involved with her and he could understand her "rationale" for wanting to make herself whole after being fired.

The embezzlement issue with the non-profit that took place over a # of years was entirely a different matter because it was precipitated by her defying his ADAMANT rule about not providing children with financial aid unless each WORKED for it. 

Being the manipulator she was, that included going around RULES, she chose to commit numerous FELONIES that would automatically jeopardize their joint assets (house).  I agree with the children that her flagrant breach of his rules would have ended the marriage.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Yes. I was also surprised at how adamant relatives were that when Larry found out about her embezzling he would certainly divorce her. I mean, she didn't steal HIS money. If they were so in love, wouldn't he have maybe forgiven her? 

You beat me to it. Despite what his son said, I'm not convinced Larry would have kicked her to the curb if he'd found out about the embezzlement. They were both cheaters. They cheated on their spouses with each other. He knew she had had other affairs. I'm not buying this "straight as an arrow" portrait they tried to paint of him. 

People can and do have double standards when it comes to their principles. Just because Larry instilled financial responsibility in his children doesn't mean he'd hold his wife to the same standard.

• Love 6

So this woman killed her husband, because rather than face the music that he find out about her embezzlement, she figures that she'd be a rich widow?  

I also wanted to know more about her first marriage.  She's not the only woman to ditch a spouse for what she sees as a higher level on the financial ladder, but having her kids be the ones to tell him???  That is just beyond so many things...

And I wonder what the victim's kids thought about their father dumping their mother for Lori.   The show didn't get into any of THAT, just how wonderful the blended family was.  

What always makes me shake my head though, is seeing these people who are so materially well-off and have beautiful homes, and seem to have lots of vacation time and money, and who don't seem to really want for anything (or wonder how they're going to pay their cable bill this month) and yet "they" are so unhappy as to commit murder.   Shows like Dateline and 48 Hours are filled with these folks.  

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, 12catcrazy said:

I also wanted to know more about her first marriage.  She's not the only woman to ditch a spouse for what she sees as a higher level on the financial ladder, but having her kids be the ones to tell him???  That is just beyond so many things...

As painful as that no doubt would've been for him, I imagine he was, on some level, relieved to not be part of her life anymore once he heard about what happened to her second husband.

I wonder if he's managed to repair any of the bonds with his kids over the years. I hope so, though I also understand how hard that would be to do, too. 

What always makes me shake my head though, is seeing these people who are so materially well-off and have beautiful homes, and seem to have lots of vacation time and money, and who don't seem to really want for anything (or wonder how they're going to pay their cable bill this month) and yet "they" are so unhappy as to commit murder.   Shows like Dateline and 48 Hours are filled with these folks.  

God, this. So many people who can't appreciate what they have and who blow it, while there's so many others who go without. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, 12catcrazy said:

And I wonder what the victim's kids thought about their father dumping their mother for Lori.   The show didn't get into any of THAT, just how wonderful the blended family was.  

Yes, the original husband sort of vanishes, like he never existed. 

• Love 7
On 10/10/2021 at 3:52 AM, MsJamieDornan said:

It took her 2 hours to call 911 when Larry fell in the water because she didnt have her phone? She finally found his phone under a blanket ? It took 2 hours? The damn boat wasn't that big. I could have found the phone quicker on the Queen Mary.

The house proceeds was probably the one thing that was on her name also.

Idaho is a marital property state. Any stolen $$ she comingled with Larry's money would be subject to being used to payback her victims.

Sorry - I don't know where the OP went that I was responding to 😂 

Edited by QQQQ
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I just watched Miles From Nowhere. I don’t know if that was new. I get lots of Dateline recordings because YouTube TV sucks and doesn’t allow me to say only NEW episodes.  Anyway, that one infuriated me. I believe Chad was a hot-head who relished his “rights” to “protect” his family and chased those boys down to terrorize them. He lied about his military service (which ENRAGES me as a vet) to inflate his ego. To drag out his kids for interviews made me so mad. Why?  To make us have sympathy?  Again, why?  He doesn’t deserve sympathy. Even if he really felt his family was in danger, at some point a rational person would’ve realized it had gone too far and just stopped.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I just watched Miles From Nowhere. I don’t know if that was new. I get lots of Dateline recordings because YouTube TV sucks and doesn’t allow me to say only NEW episodes.  Anyway, that one infuriated me. I believe Chad was a hot-head who relished his “rights” to “protect” his family and chased those boys down to terrorize them. He lied about his military service (which ENRAGES me as a vet) to inflate his ego. To drag out his kids for interviews made me so mad. Why?  To make us have sympathy?  Again, why?  He doesn’t deserve sympathy. Even if he really felt his family was in danger, at some point a rational person would’ve realized it had gone too far and just stopped.

This case was maddening. Chad struck me as basically a psycho, from his property signage about red-blooded Christian males to the crime itself, to his having fun shooting after the crime and not cringing at all about firearms. And everything in between as well as his TOTAL lack of remorse. there was absolutely no reason for him to go chasing those kids. Yeah, they were asses. But even if they’d been dangerous - they took off. Let it go.

Their family vibe was creepy as he clearly did all he could to set up an “Everyone is our Enemy” culture. This was just awful all the way around. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
Felt like it
  • Love 3

So. Tonight's story about "the ascension of Mother God". 

What. The. Ever-loving. Fuck. Was. That?

"Everyone was high" - no shit, ya think? I swear, my head hurt trying to make sense of all the insanity going on here. Amy claiming to be in contact with Robin Williams, this whole 5D nonsense they kept spouting off about, a 13 year old girl being asked to read to a corpse and rub oil on the body (I actually said, "WHAT THE HELL?!" at that)...the whole thing was just beyond bizarre and creepy. It was like Heaven's Gate without the mass suicide (though honestly, I wouldn't have put it past these people to pull such a stunt eventually). As tends to be the case with cults in general, which this very clearly was. Keith Morrison was giving some truly epic side-eye throughout much of this episode and I was loving it. 

I got a real kick out of how these people were on the run, but were also posting videos to Facebook and basically giving away their whereabouts while in Hawaii. I love how the islanders didn't want anything to do with them - yeah, after the horrors involved with Chad and Lori Daybell, I can imagine the people there have had more than their fill of whackadoodle cults invading their area.

I'm not even going to get into the claims from one of the members at one point about a certain former president supposedly being an archangel. Just. No. Stop that. 

And of course these people would take great advantage of the pandemic to sell their snake oil cures, too, for the people who refuse to get the vaccine because they say they can't trust what's in it.  *Rolls eyes* The police may feel there's little they can do to charge the people in this cult for not getting Amy to a hospital sooner, but at the very least, I wish this could be an opportunity to crack down on all these grifters selling all these "miracle cure" products online, especially in this pandemic where we've seen so many cases of people buying them up and getting sick and dying as a result. They know full well what they're doing is wrong and shady. 

On a related note, it was truly disturbing to see those final photos of Amy, with her skin all blue and her looking so scarily skeletal. I'm with the one officer who thinks there was something they could've charged these people with in regards to how they treated her body. It's really kind of infuriating that they're going to get away with this. Course, I guess some also figure they're so brainwashed that they were incapable of making the right choices, but still.... There definitely should've been consequences for them dragging two children into this, at the very least. 

I also agree that Miguel knows more relating to Amy's death than he was letting on. How convenient he was away when the body was put in that room, and he supposedly didn't know about any of this. Hard to believe he's completely cut ties with this cult when seven of the members were in his house for a full night and decorating his room, and also knew where to find him to bring Amy's body. People who work the financial aspects of these cults are always intimately involved in some form or another with the rest of the goings-ons. The fact he can't leave Colorado because of the investigation just further indicates there's more to that part of the story. 

Truly bonkers story, this. It never ceases to amaze me how easily people can get sucked into this stuff. 

• Love 7

Ya, the Mother God episode (and person!) was infuriating. While I agree that the cult members should have been charged with regards to the children in the house with Amy's body, I certainly didn't have any sympathy for her like the sister of one of her followers victims did. She had no regard for him, and he could have died had the good samaritan not rescued him. 

Amy was a loser and a user. It wasn't enough for her to have one kid then find out it wasn't her thing, she had to go on and have two more before abandoning them. Her mother was in denial, blaming Amy's life on her getting in with the wrong crowd. Amy was the wrong crowd. Maybe I am being heartless but her actions affected both people who followed her, those who were taken in by her, and their families. Sadly, even if those who may have contributed to her death were charged, there will always be evil people to take their place, and gullible and lost people to follow them.  She is just one less person on this earth now to do that, thank goodness. And I am sure she has descended, not ascended. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Her mother was in denial, blaming Amy's life on her getting in with the wrong crowd. 

That, and I think that there were some deeply serious mental issues Amy was dealing with that her mom wasn't acknowledging, either. 

I just love that she went on Dr. Phil's show, of all places, to try and reach out to Amy. Lady, she was in far too deep at that point with her delusions and her out there worldviews and such. You seriously think this daytime TV pseudo-doctor huckster is going to magically help her instead of, oh, say, trying to reach out to some actual respectable professionals who might actually have the training to deal with people in cults? Okay, then. 

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

That, and I think that there were some deeply serious mental issues Amy was dealing with that her mom wasn't acknowledging, either. 

I just love that she went on Dr. Phil's show, of all places, to try and reach out to Amy. Lady, she was in far too deep at that point with her delusions and her out there worldviews and such. You seriously think this daytime TV pseudo-doctor huckster is going to magically help her instead of, oh, say, trying to reach out to some actual respectable professionals who might actually have the training to deal with people in cults? Okay, then. 

I am not totally convinced that Amy was dealing with mental issues, I think she was more like Lori Daybell than not. I think she liked the power of being "Mother God", and the money that they managed to fool people into contributing to their fake cause. She had no problem moving on from one Father God to another, and pretty much did what she wanted. Until she drank too much of her own kool-aid, for want of a better description. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I think the wife and the sister of the guy who left the family to join the cult and was found naked and lucky to be alive are in denial.

I can understand the wife worried about him and wanting to find him safe because she cared about him but how can she trust him to not fall for another cult or person and run away again or to do something else idiotic.  If I was her I'd be getting a divorce and making sure my money, safety, and future wasn't in jeopardy living with a partner who's a lunatic.

He seems to be one of those people susceptible to falling for cults or has some type of mental illness.  It's so weird Dateline just made it the cult's fault.

None of the 'cult' members forced him to spend thousands or leave their family and get on a plane. Hell they were even sick of him after two days.

He bothered me more then Mother God herself.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, LEILANI2 said:

I think the wife and the sister of the guy who left the family to join the cult and was found naked and lucky to be alive are in denial.

I think he was in some kind of serious depression.  Two of the men they talked to had lost their jobs and I think men are more likely than women to identify with their jobs to the point of losing all direction without one.  It makes you wonder just how many people are sitting in front of Youtube, slowly losing all sense of proportion and reality while "following" some stronger personality. 

It's just that, as cult leaders go, Amy wasn't even very good at it.  Compared to her, Lori Daybell was as slick and professional as those people on QVC who can convince me that a gray skirt is the answer to all my problems if I don't turn away fast enough. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

The god complex delusions of grandeur, heavy drinking, and ever-changing sex partners could be a sign of bi-polar or schizophrenia. 

I wouldn't stay married to someone who abandoned me and the kids for a cult either. I would be constantly worried about when the next shoe would drop, especially in times of hardship. 

I did learn one thing: Don't mess with Hawaiian locals! They will run you out of town, AND drive you to the airport! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, TVbitch said:

The god complex delusions of grandeur, heavy drinking, and ever-changing sex partners could be a sign of bi-polar or schizophrenia. 

I wouldn't stay married to someone who abandoned me and the kids for a cult either. I would be constantly worried about when the next shoe would drop, especially in times of hardship. 

I did learn one thing: Don't mess with Hawaiian locals! They will run you out of town, AND drive you to the airport! 

Another thing about a family member joining a cult is that they usually want every penny you have. 

A friend's sibling joined the Moonies years ago, when they were so prominent in the D.C. area.   The family were concerned at how fast she was totally involved in the cult, but encouraged her to come home for meals, or visits.   All of that stopped when the father refused to give her a car, signed over to her.  He knew that the car would be given to the cult, and along with everything else the woman had.   The second he refused to sign it over, the daughter disappeared, and never contacted them again.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
12 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Another thing about a family member joining a cult is that they usually want every penny you have. 

A friend's sibling joined the Moonies years ago, when they were so prominent in the D.C. area.   The family were concerned at how fast she was totally involved in the cult, but encouraged her to come home for meals, or visits.   All of that stopped when the father refused to give her a car, signed over to her.  He knew that the car would be given to the cult, and along with everything else the woman had.   The second he refused to sign it over, the daughter disappeared, and never contacted them again.   

I really need more sleep--I first read the bolded part as the Marines 😅

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I know a common complaint is that sometimes there really isn't enough story to fill two hours of Dateline.  Sometimes I agree but I don't always mind some extra padding.

However, this "wrong door" episode of Dateline didn't even have enough story for 30 minutes much less 120 minutes.  It was basically not the boyfriend.  And it was maybe the ex-boyfriend who no one liked very much but also didn't really have much against him except for a failed polygraph test which can fail for many reasons.

Is this just about how single minded some law enforcement can be?

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 16
8 hours ago, ridethemaverick said:

Just came to say Lindsey was annoying.

Can you imagine her at a family holiday dinner after a few glasses of wine?

Now that’s a Dateline episode I’m sure could fill two hours. 

Edited by PsychoKlown

Lindsey’s habit of talking about everything, including murder, with a huge smile on her face was weird. She has definitely capitalized on the death of a woman she never knew. I was also very put off by the Facebook live celebration she and the brother did after the arrests were announced. It felt over the top and inappropriate. 

That one friend’s eyes creeped me out. They kept moving all over while she talked and with all the eyeliner, were too accentuated or something. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Lindsay was sooooo annoying. I agreed with Egypt’s parents. She was being very disrespectful. And, that recording of her with the detectives when she was trying to be all “Gotcha” about the detectives not going through someone’s phones. And then her laughingly saying “ I know, I’m a lot”. That’s not funny and that’s not cute. I want to say that what Lindsay and Egypt’s brother did didn’t actually help with the investigation, but I think maybe it did and I hate it because it just proves that she was right. 

• Love 17

However, this "wrong door" episode of Dateline didn't even have enough story for 30 minutes much less 120 minutes. 

Calling the episode "The Wrong Door" was pretty much a dead give-away, no? I mean, spoiler alert! As soon as they said the neighbors were selling pot I figured it must have been an attempted robbery and the robbers  . . . picked the wrong door. Duh.

I guess the only mystery was why the local police were so incompetent since the state police solved it in about three weeks. 

Whenever a murder victim has a dog, I always wonder what happened to the dog. I can't help myself, that's just the dog lover in me. Yeah, Egypt was murdered, blah blah blah. What about the dog?? Fortunately they didn't leave us hanging this time. There was a shot of D'Wayne holding the dog at one point.

I know Dateline always does this, but I don't know if it's very instructive to ask friends and family to describe the moment they learned someone had been murdered and make them relive that. It feels very exploitative to me. "So how did it make you feel, to know your daughter had been murdered?" How the hell do you think they felt, Andrea? Geez.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Whenever a murder victim has a dog, I always wonder what happened to the dog. I can't help myself, that's just the dog lover in me. Yeah, Egypt was murdered, blah blah blah. What about the dog?? Fortunately they didn't leave us hanging this time. There was a shot of D'Wayne holding the dog at one point.

God, yeah, when her boyfriend talked about coming to her place and her dog basically leading him to where Egypt was, that broke my heart. I just kept wondering about what that poor dog must've been doing while it waited for someone to come help her :(.

"So how did it make you feel, to know your daughter had been murdered?" How the hell do you think they felt, Andrea? Geez.

LOL, I think the same thing. I also remember there was one moment in the episode where one of Egypt's family or friends was talking and saying something about how they just wanted answers, and then Andrea said, "You just wanted answers, right?"

...yeah, that's literally what she just said, Andrea. 

It is chilling, the idea that a simple turn at the door would be what led to Egypt being murdered. The detail about the Christmas lights struck me odd, though - I suppose she could've had the lights stashed in a box sitting off to the side somewhere or something, but usually most people have that stuff stored away, so it seems odd to me that these people who broke in, people whom she didn't even know, would manage to find and use those to help bind her. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

The detail about the Christmas lights struck me odd, though - I suppose she could've had the lights stashed in a box sitting off to the side somewhere or something, but usually most people have that stuff stored away, so it seems odd to me that these people who broke in, people whom she didn't even know, would manage to find and use those to help bind her. 

A possible explanation for the lights is that Egypt used them to decorate.  My niece is someone who decorates with color lights.  She enjoys them because she says it brightens up her dorm room.

Not sure if that’s the answer but it could be.

I usually FF passed the intro and the episode title cuz, yeah, Dateline pretty much always gives away the ending with the title and this time it removed any and all suspense about the episode ...that they then tried to build for two hours!

Lindsey must have been a piece of work at that one family dinner for the family to STILL be fractured even after Lindsey was proven right about Kenny. She is definitely enjoying her 15 minutes. However I did notice at the end the parents never said "we were wrong about Kenny", so something tells me they might be a handful too. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Lindsey must have been a piece of work at that one family dinner for the family to STILL be fractured even after Lindsey was proven right about Kenny.

OK. I may have dozed off.  She was right about Kenny?  I thought she stormed off when the PI said that it might not have been Kenny. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Lsk02 said:

That one friend’s eyes creeped me out. They kept moving all over while she talked and with all the eyeliner, were too accentuated or something. 

Those eyes scared the crap out of me, even safely watching on my tv. 

Calling the episode "The Wrong Door" was pretty much a dead give-away, no? I mean, spoiler alert! As soon as they said the neighbors were selling pot I figured it must have been an attempted robbery and the robbers  . . . picked the wrong door. Duh.

I know.  After seeing the title and hearing about the neighbors, I was kind of bored because I knew how this was going to end.  I was hoping for a surprise, but no....

• Love 5

Duh. Who would have thought that letting random people grow marijuana in the backyard would attract a criminal element to the neighborhood? Then we have Egypt's dad thinking they couldn't have possibly come for the weed because you can buy it anywhere.  Well yes, if they have money.  We're talking about men so stupid they think it's a good idea to murder someone rather than leave a witness to a petty burglary.

I didn't like anyone in this episode except Egypt's mother.  Everyone else was so positive they knew all about whether or not this person or that person could commit murder.  Why did we get every single person's opinion and reaction to every single thing?  Andrea must have asked six people how they felt when they heard the police had arrested someone.  That's a lot of frilly dresses she had to buy!

Lindsey was definitely the worst though.  If I had been the police officer she talked to so disrespectfully -- "Oh my gahd. You're being defensive!"  I think I would have arrested her on some sort of detail trumped up in the moment. Her self-described passive boyfriend wouldn't have done anything.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10

I haven't finished this episode but omg. So many unlikeabe people. So much eye rolling on my part. The brother's girlfriend is annoying. 

Eta what an absolute horrible episode. So many people making thing case about them. I'm so thrilled that Lindsey has a pod cast now 🙄unbelievable. 

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 5

Dear Dateline, please stop airing two hour episodes (or even one hour for that matter) and give away the answer to the mystery in the title of said episode. So annoying. And to top it off, after sitting through almost the entire two hours knowing it is none of the suspects presented, we have no idea how the state police came across the info/intell on the three people arrested. Sheesh.

Agree with others that Lindsay was annoying. I guess Egypt's mother must have given her son the ring to give to Lindsay, as it appeared that his father and step mother were not big fans. Mind you I did zone out a few times as the story dragged on for ages. 

• Love 11

What a waste of time!  Still, it gives me the creeps that this mystery involved actual thugs (instead of the usual vengeful spouse) who cased the joint by lawn mowing. But not well enough to go in the right house. I hate that.  Reminded me of the time when years ago our lawn crew broke into our house and stole video games!  They were spotted by my neighbor and were caught. 

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 5

You all are so right. Dateline decided to focus 2 hrs on everyone except who actually killed  Egypt. I'm surprised we didn't get to hear about why the mom and dad divorced. 

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 9

The detail about the Christmas lights struck me odd, though -

Was it Halloween? At one point I thought I saw Halloween decorations. That might explain the lights, because people use them then too.

And to top it off, after sitting through almost the entire two hours knowing it is none of the suspects presented, we have no idea how the state police came across the info/intell on the three people arrested.

Actually, one of the three mowed the neighbor's lawn. So police just started questioning people like that who had some connection and I guess this guy raised some red flags pretty quickly, then must have caved pretty quickly after that.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Actually, one of the three mowed the neighbor's lawn. So police just started questioning people like that who had some connection and I guess this guy raised some red flags pretty quickly, then must have caved pretty quickly after that.

Yes, I realize the connection with the guy who mowed the lawn, I am annoyed that they wasted almost two hours before getting to the state police taking over. Obviously he was the link, but I would still like more info on how it all unfolded, rather than guessing. They could have given Lindsey much less time, and the actual solving of the case much more. Even if they had done that, it could have been a one hour episode. But Dateline does like to milk their interviews and suspects, so it isn't surprising. But still annoying. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Was it Halloween? At one point I thought I saw Halloween decorations. That might explain the lights, because people use them then too.

No, they said the murder happened in June. That's why everyone found the presence of the lights so odd. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Useful 1

No. She was killed in July. That footage with the Halloween decor was probably done by Dateline so they could show the scene of the crime.

(Some time ago, they covered a murder that happened where I live. They showed the murder house as it looks now, not as it looked at the time of murder)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

As annoying as Lindsey was, if it hadn't been for her, the murder would've remained unsolved or the ex-boyfriend would have been pinned for it.  

And yeah, annoying as crap when the title gave it away.  As soon as you found out that she lived in a duplex and that the neighbors sold pot, well, yeah, "The Wrong Door" about says it all. 

• Love 9

As annoying as Lindsey was, if it hadn't been for her, the murder would've remained unsolved or the ex-boyfriend would have been pinned for it. 

Agreed. She didn't really bother me. I thought it was sad how the family was so torn apart. She meets this guy, finds out his sister was an unsolved murder victim, and starts to do a little sleuthing of her own. Heck maybe she's a big Dateline fan like we are. A little fame-whorey maybe? Sure, but I probably would be too if I ever got to be on Dateline!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 10/24/2021 at 12:57 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

guess Egypt's mother must have given her son the ring to give to Lindsay, as it appeared that his father and step mother were not big fans. Mind you I did zone out a few times as the story dragged on for ages. 

Egypt’s father was not her half brothers father.  So I doubt they will be spending time with them. DeWayne commented at the beginning that Chuck didn’t normally call him. 
yes, the ring came from DeWayne and Egypts’ mother.  
I didn’t care for Lindsay.  Making DeWayne and Kenny prove to her where they were the night Egypt was killed. If you are that suspicious, then don’t date the man. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9