Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: Shake-Ups and Makeups

• Start Topic

Karen reveals the reason she stopped being friends with Charrisse and the ladies question her version of the truth; Mia does something that causes her and Jacqueline's friendship to hang in the balance.

Airdate: 01.15.2023

The best part of this episode was the conversation between Ashley and Candiace. Candiace packaged up that little read against Ashley and her toxic marriage so nicely. On one hand, we love seeing those two go at it. On the other hand, a Candiace/Ashley team up season would be ridiculously entertaining. 

This Karen/Charisse feud can end. Dropping tea about someone going to read is not a zing. Surely sitting at a table and dropping info about someone on camera is a way to get back on the show. Charisse, did you have another storyline that you could have used? What else is going on in your life that can share on camera? Why are Robyn and Gizelle policing Karen's behavior but not Charisse's behavior? I wonder if they were talking about Paul Wharton at the table. Robyn and Gizelle are working overtime and care a bit too much about this feud. Karen doesn't fuck with Charisse. Full stop. I know, I know, it's for the show and they need a storyline. The storyline is weak. It's forced and it's draining, and it gets borderline offensive. 

The Robyn storyline can end. I quit. I wonder if she will even elect to return next season after the recent scandal. If it were anyone other than Robyn, Gizelle would talk about it, but she might keep quiet because it's Robyn. Didn't her brother in law's wedding already happen?

Mia is reaching with this gay man thing. Mia can go. 

• Like 12

Gizelle and Charrisse must have the same hairstylist. There are enough beauty supply stores in the DMV area selling human hair wigs for them to choose from. 

Candiace clocked Ashley.  Ashley entered into a toxic relationship where trust was always an issue, so now she's projecting. Candiace knows and trusts her husband which is why she's been ignoring Ashley and Gizelle for the most part.

Jacqueline and  Wendy clocked Mia. She's a fake and a pathological liar. She worships money and is willing to embarrass herself and everyone else to get it. 

Robyn and Gizelle please be quiet with your hypocritical selves. You chastised Karen for her behavior but let Mia skate by after assaulting Wendy. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

I suspect that Juan has told Robyn that they’re not getting married. I don’t understand why she’s so desperate to hold onto him. He needs her to raise his kids, and, now that he could possibly lose his job over the recent scandal, he needs her income. It’s kinda sad. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

The fact that Robyn thinks its ok to get married the day after someone who invited you to their destination wedding sums up her nicely. She acts like no one will find out you got married the next day. So your family including your parents are expected to have no reaction? Why don't you just get married at their reception. That is tacky as hell even for her. 

The best parts was Ashley having absolutely no defense after Candiace told her she failed and Mia's reaction to Karen going to Safeway 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Robyn and Gizelle treating Charisse like she owns Bravo is getting annoying. Ok so she was the connection; I don't have to bow down every time she enters a room or make a path. 30 years ago, my sister helped me get a job as a file clerk at a major oil and gas company. I took her lunch, gave her a Foleys (nee' Macys) gift card and said thank you. Now over the course of these 30 years my career has been impressive if I do say so myself but I don't have to lick my sister boots every time I see her. She opened the door and I took it from there the same way everyone else does. No one owe their success to Charisse so they can GTFO with that nonsense. 

Edited by Boofish
  • Like 12
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3

I thought Paul Wharton had more to do with Karen being in the mix than Charisse. It's been a while, I could have forgotten. Charisse said what she said. But how much does it suck to be plucked from the group you say you put together. Even Mariah stayed around longer on married to medicine. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

On one hand, we love seeing those two go at it. On the other hand, a Candiace/Ashley team up season would be ridiculously entertaining. 

It can't happen because every time they get to a cordial place, Ashley does something to blow it up. She had to accept that gentle read Candiace gave her but trying to justify bringing on Count Chocula by claiming she was upset for how Candiace clowned her for her miscarriage story at Monique's house in Season 4.

3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Didn't her brother in law's wedding already happen?

Robyn & Juan took out the marriage license in August.  The brother's wedding happened in July.  Apparrently marriage licenses in Maryland have 6 months to be used so Robyn & Juan have about a month to use the one they took out in August unless they've gotten married in secret.

Robyn is not actually not the one bringing up her wedding/marriage plans. Everyone else brings it up then clowns her for not having any plans.  Robyn can shut all of this down by telling them she's not getting married any time soon and she & Juan are fine with things how they are.  But she probably feels if she says that she will get the boot from the show and most of the women on the show are painfully male identified to where you have no worth unless you have a huzzbin. But there was a whole housewives franchise where nobody was married so I don't see the problem if Robyn remains in a partnership but not married.

2 hours ago, Axie said:

Again tonight I’m surprised at how much I like Candiace this year.

I think Candiace is growing up and maturing (and is getting media training) and she has been working around women in the entertanment and business fields who have things going on for themselves.  Then she comes to film RHOP with women who don't have anything going on.

Maybe Candiace now feels because she now has something greater than the show to lose, that it's not worth it to play the fool for women with nothing going on (Gizelle, Ashley, Mia).

I will say I've been amused at Ashley & Gizelle trying hard to rile Candiace up and she's been flicking them away and paying them dust. Mia got the message about the Chris accusations early; after Candiace blasted Ashley with the new Michael allegations at the winery, we haven't heard a peep from Mia about Chris.

Ashley started to get the message at Karen's hosting gig when Candiace refused to engage with Davina Alan Grier and fully got the message when Candiace calmly gave her a read.

The only person who is still worked up over Candiace is Gizelle.  Gizelle's been pressed about Candiace's behavior since before the season started, is pressed currently and got worked up again during the filming of Girls' Trip.

They cracked the 4th wall tonight: Charrisse is pissed she put the RHOP cast together and isn't on the show anymore, Karen knows Robyn is the ringleader of trying to get Charrisse back on the show and feels Robyn is trying to get her off the show and Robyn is pissed because she knows the true origins of how Karen got into the group. I say Robyn because Karen's fire is directed towards Robyn, not Gizelle.

Show needs to explore Robyn vs. Karen and leave "Will Robyn marry Juan?" alone. It's not happening and I don't think Robyn cares if it happens or not; she's fine either way.

Who said they couldn't go down to Safeway? Karen or Charrisse? Because it was said that Chris Samuels confronted Charrisse down at the Safeway in Potomac. Who knew Safeway was where the drama's at?

and Mia's reaction to Karen going to Safeway 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Unless Mia is shopping at local markets, Trader Joes, Fresh Market and Whole Foods, she's at the Safeway too.  The nearest Wegmans to Potomac would be in DC or Tyson's Corner.

Then again with her current economic situation Mia might be at the Giant or Shoppers Food Warehouse.

I thought Paul Wharton had more to do with Karen being in the mix than Charisse. It's been a while, I could have forgotten. Charisse said what she said. But how much does it suck to be plucked from the group you say you put together. Even Mariah stayed around longer on married to medicine. 

Charrisse told Carlos King she didn't know who Karen was but had heard of her as this drunk lady falling out in bars around Potomac. She either put on an event or had a table at an event where the casting people were. Karen some kind of way got into this event and sat at Charrisse's table so the casting people thought Karen was one of Charrisse's friends and that's how Karen ended up being cast.

Kinda brings new light to Charrisse's tag line (I think Season 1): "If I don't know you, you're not worth knowing."

Clearly Charrisse is an important part of the group because she's been at all of the group events and has off screen relationships with half of the cast. Charrisse is the reason for Season 5's drama.  But the real tea is she is visually unappealing and that's why she's not on this show on a full time basis.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 9
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

The Karen/Charisse drama is dumb. So Charisse put the group together. Karen may have gone to rehab. Karen has a rumored blue eyes. Who cares? Charisse was boring when she was a full time cast member. Her kids were boring, her husband wouldn’t film with her and hated her doing the show, her champagne room was dumb, and nobody wanted to film with her. It’s shocking she got on the show at all. 
Karen over reacted. 
I don’t blame the ladies that skipped Ashley’s sex yoga. That looked terrible. 
I’m not sold on Robin and Juan at all but what business is it of everyone else when or how she wants to get married? 
I got to hand it to Candiace, the way she is handling the others try to get a rise out of her is great. She’s beating them at their own sad game. 
Mia is a try hard and is failing. She’s coming off hypocritical and shitty to her friend. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
8 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Robyn & Juan took out the marriage license in August.  The brother's wedding happened in July.  Apparrently marriage licenses in Maryland have 6 months to be used so Robyn & Juan have about a month to use the one they took out in August unless they've gotten married in secret.

Robyn is not actually not the one bringing up her wedding/marriage plans. Everyone else brings it up then clowns her for not having any plans.  Robyn can shut all of this down by telling them she's not getting married any time soon and she & Juan are fine with things how they are.  But she probably feels if she says that she will get the boot from the show and most of the women on the show are painfully male identified to where you have no worth unless you have a huzzbin. But there was a whole housewives franchise where nobody was married so I don't see the problem if Robyn remains in a partnership but not married.

Gizelle has been single the entire franchise. I don't think there's a problem with that or with Robyn remaining with Juan but not married. The issue is that Robyn and Juan's relationship has been the focal point of her time on the show. We watched them living together divorced, moving between houses, and getting engaged again. If we are being fair all the way around, if it were anyone else on the show they would be hounding them for completing the story, so asking about the marriage plans, when you got engaged on the show, is on par. Maybe the issue is that the wedding wraps up Robyn's story and gets her put off the show. Robyn stating on the show that they won't get married on the show or in front of people also doesn't help, because then production doesn't need her. Robyn can be demoted to a friend and the show won't miss a step. They will save money. It feels like that's coming, especially if production wants her to talk about Juan's new situation. 

8 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Clearly Charrisse is an important part of the group because she's been at all of the group events and has off screen relationships with half of the cast. Charrisse is the reason for Season 5's drama.  But the real tea is she is visually unappealing and that's why she's not on this show on a full time basis.

Charisse comes to all the events and is promptly edited out by production every time. Someone on twitter pointed out that she was at Wendy's first all cast event, and did she even know Wendy that well at that time? I'm not sure if Charisse's looks have kept her off the show because she's not the worst looking housewife. Where is your story, other than fighting with Karen and saying things about her on camera to have a reason to be filmed? You went from I'm trying to be a good friend to Karen to let me say a bunch of bad things I know about her in no time. Gizelle and Robyn are her two supporters. The group and the show evolved without her and they are trying really hard to get her back in, the way they went about it though is weak and tired. If Karen decides not to come back and they give her flute to Charisse, is that a recipe for success?

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Then again with her current economic situation Mia might be at the Giant

What is wrong with Giant? I shop there all the time, it's not like it's Food Lion, Aldi's or Lidl.  I have NEVER liked Safeway. Trader Joe's makes me mad, so much frozen food and when you find something you really like they stop carrying it.  

Charisse adds no value to this show except to let us watch Karen lose her shit which was kind of entertaining because she had to dig deep to find a reason to blow up without using the real reason of alleged affairs.  I did notice that Robyn did not pull out her camera to film the fight, is this one not interesting to you Robyn? Hmmm.

It was very interesting to listen to Ashley and Candiace talk to each other without banging the table and throwing drinks, see it can be done!

Robyn has walked that wedding story line back and forth for years now and now she and Juan have decided to encroach on her brother in law's wedding?  Do you really need a venue for a wedding that is just the four of you, maybe your living room would be available then dinner in a restaurant? I'll believe it when I see it.

I will still be mad at Karen for letting balloons go in memory of her mother, balloons are so bad for wildlife and the environment, watching that made me mad all over again.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3

They cracked the 4th wall tonight: Charrisse is pissed she put the RHOP cast together and isn't on the show anymore, Karen knows Robyn is the ringleader of trying to get Charrisse back on the show and feels Robyn is trying to get her off the show and Robyn is pissed because she knows the true origins of how Karen got into the group. I say Robyn because Karen's fire is directed towards Robyn, not Gizelle.

Now that's the real reason Charrisse is mad and the real reason of this "drama", yet, as Karen pointed out and Charrisse even acknowledged, Charrisse DIDN'T cast Karen, production saw her and decided she should join the franchise, I don't care if Karen was thirsty for this and sat down at Charrisse's table, Karen got on the show because of Karen. 

Karen was wrong about the way she acted, and I'm sure she realized this and this is why she was so subdued at the last dinner, Charrisse, Robyn and Gizelle kept trying her but I'm glad Karen didn't reciprocate this time. 

And Charrisse, remember Jill Zarin? She also put the group together and look how that turned out for her, and in Jill's defense (and I can't believe I'm about to say this) she was far more entertaining than Charrisse. Robyn might be all for Charrisse because Karen has always humiliated Robyn in all of her interactions, and Gizelle probably wants to be the undisputed face of this franchise so getting rid of Karen might bump her status, but if I were Robyn and Gizelle and they want this franchise to work, trying to get rid of Karen might just be the biggest mistake they could make. 

10 hours ago, drivethroo said:

But the real tea is she is visually unappealing and that's why she's not on this show on a full time basis.

If she's so rich and bougie and always asking for champagne (and that's RHOC's Heather's thing, and much more believable) why is she always so poorly dressed? When they were in the beach she had Walmart leggings and a Target white t'shirt, everyone else was in trendy bathing suits, even Gizelle didn't look so bad, pink definitely suits her. Charrisse is always mumbling her words and always appears bored or sleepy. If she's the real queen of Potomac she needs to be dethroned. 

13 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

The best part of this episode was the conversation between Ashley and Candiace. Candiace packaged up that little read against Ashley and her toxic marriage so nicely. On one hand, we love seeing those two go at it. On the other hand, a Candiace/Ashley team up season would be ridiculously entertaining. 

I always knew Candiace had it in her, that was some intelligent, subtle shade that Ashley couldn't deny wasn't true, she even had to admit she holds resentment towards Candiace (duh!). At this point I don't see how they could become friends, I'd rather Candiace return to her alliance with Karen but Candiace needs to realize, although I think she has, is that no one is her friend in real life. My bet is that since she started getting therapy and all of her successes she's now more secure and mature, she doesn't depend on the relationships among the group. Remember when Ashley told her at one reunion that she was the least accomplished and that she was a "house-daughter"? Well, I think that besides Wendy, Candiace is by far the most accomplished of them all. Notice that none of them is coming after her in regards to that... Now it's about her relationship, but oh well, small victories. 

Now that's the real reason Charrisse is mad and the real reason of this "drama", yet, as Karen pointed out and Charrisse even acknowledged, Charrisse DIDN'T cast Karen, production saw her and decided she should join the franchise, I don't care if Karen was thirsty for this and sat down at Charrisse's table, Karen got on the show because of Karen. 

Karen was wrong about the way she acted, and I'm sure she realized this and this is why she was so subdued at the last dinner, Charrisse, Robyn and Gizelle kept trying her but I'm glad Karen didn't reciprocate this time. 

And Charrisse, remember Jill Zarin? She also put the group together and look how that turned out for her, and in Jill's defense (and I can't believe I'm about to say this) she was far more entertaining than Charrisse. Robyn might be all for Charrisse because Karen has always humiliated Robyn in all of her interactions, and Gizelle probably wants to be the undisputed face of this franchise so getting rid of Karen might bump her status, but if I were Robyn and Gizelle and they want this franchise to work, trying to get rid of Karen might just be the biggest mistake they could make. 

10 hours ago, drivethroo said:

But the real tea is she is visually unappealing and that's why she's not on this show on a full time basis.

If she's so rich and bougie and always asking for champagne (and that's RHOC's Heather's thing, and much more believable) why is she always so poorly dressed? When they were in the beach she had Walmart leggings and a Target white t'shirt, everyone else was in trendy bathing suits, even Gizelle didn't look so bad, pink definitely suits her. Charrisse is always mumbling her words and always appears bored or sleepy. If she's the real queen of Potomac she needs to be dethroned. 

13 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I always knew Candiace had it in her, that was some intelligent, subtle shade that Ashley couldn't deny wasn't true, she even had to admit she holds resentment towards Candiace (duh!). At this point I don't see how they could become friends, I'd rather Candiace return to her alliance with Karen but Candiace needs to realize, although I think she has, is that no one is her friend in real life. My bet is that since she started getting therapy and all of her successes she's now more secure and mature, she doesn't depend on the relationships among the group. Remember when Ashley told her at one reunion that she was the least accomplished and that she was a "house-daughter"? Well, I think that besides Wendy, Candiace is by far the most accomplished of them all. Notice that none of them is coming after her in regards to that... Now it's about her relationship, but oh well, small victories. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 4

I thought Mia's remark about Safeway was her lame attempt to insult her by implying that Mia never did anything as lame as actually shopping for groceries so the actual grocery store wouldn't matter. I am in Los Angeles and there are different levels of supermarkets. There is certain stuff like produce or fish that I would never get at the "standard" stores because the quality is low but there is lots of stuff like milk or bread or packaged commercial brands which are the same wherever you shop.

I really really really cannot stand Mia - I just can't stand the way she simpers - and simpers is actually the verb for her how she moves her face and body. And speaking of faces, her face is really hideous which I can snark on because it is hideous because of the awful plastic surgery she has had. There was a close up side view of her face and I just can't unsee her lips which look as if she has dinner plates inserted so they jut out unnaturally.

Edited by amarante
  • Like 7
  • LOL 3
5 minutes ago, amarante said:

I thought Mia's remark about Safeway was her lame attempt to insult her by implying that Mia never did anything as lame as actually shopping for grocery stores so the actual grocery store wouldn't matter. I am in Los Angeles and so there are different levels of supermarkets. There is certain stuff like produce or fish that I wouldn't never get at the "standard" stores because the quality is low but there are lots of stuff like milk or bread or packaged commercial brands which are the same wherever you shop.

I really really really cannot stand Mia - I just can't stand the way she simpers - and simpers is actually the verb for her how she moves her face and body. And speaking of faces, her face is really hideous which I can snark on because it is hideous because of the awful plastic surgery she has had. There was a close up side view of her face and I just can't unsee her lips which look as if she has dinner plates inserted so they jut out unnaturally.

Yes, going to the supermarket is so low class but fronting like you own your home is not? 

For me it is Mia's affectation, her posturing, her hair patting, she screams insecure so she goes after Wendy because Wendy is secure and accomplished with a marriage that is successful, if Mia could be honest with herself she would be a much nicer person and we could over look her physical appearance which add to her bad personality.

Please Charisse stop with the champagne, we know there is a lot of cheap bubbles out there, you are not fooling anyone, you are not that high class woman you want us to think you are, your clothes give you away.

• Like 11
31 minutes ago, charliesan said:

When they were in the beach she had Walmart leggings and a Target white t'shirt, everyone else was in trendy bathing suits, even Gizelle didn't look so bad, pink definitely suits her. Charrisse is always mumbling her words and always appears bored or sleepy.

Charisse doesn't have the confidence nor charisma for a housewives show. She's self-conscious about her weight so she doesn't bother to try to dress well. And she's adenoidal.

Charrisse DIDN'T cast Karen, production saw her and decided she should join the franchise,

Essentially, Karen pulled a Kathryn Dennis.

This story about Karen throwing herself at the show's producers is so illuminating because she's extremely narcissistic, delusional and desperate. She's the least self-aware of all of the housewives.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 7
  • LOL 2

I liked the exchange between Candiace and Ashley. I thought both made good points - Candiace is correct that Ashley's toxic relationship with Michael influenced her view of Candiace and Chris' relationship and Ashley is correct that Candiace said some hurtful thing about Ashley's miscarriage.

Robyn and Gizelle are doing too much when it comes to Charisse. However Karen ended up on the show, she has been entertaining enough to stay on, with or without Charisse. I am not sure anyone is clamoring for Charisse to return full-time because she doesn't seem to be that interesting. 

Re Mia and Jaqueline - I thought it was interesting that Jacqueline said that Mia basically lost her soul or something like that. I think she was basically saying that Mia is trying to be controversial for the show, and Jacqueline wasn't interested with that happening at her expense. 

I am actually liking Wendy this year. Don't know how that happened except that she is trying a little less to pretend like her life is perfect. It makes her more relatable.

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Like 13

For all the bragging Mia does about her threesomes and how Gordon was married when she snagged him, she sure was quick to throw Jacqueline under the bus and judge her for (supposedly)sleeping with married men.  I don’t think Wendy needs waste the time fighting with her. 

• Like 13
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What is wrong with Giant? I shop there all the time, it's not like it's Food Lion, Aldi's or Lidl.  I have NEVER liked Safeway. Trader Joe's makes me mad, so much frozen food and when you find something you really like they stop carrying it.  

There are so many Giant stores in Montgomery County it's crazy. Some are better than others, but I can think of 6 I have been to between Bethesda, Rockville, Gaithersburg, Potomac, the Kentlands, etc. They are not bad. For some reason the Safeways in Moco miss the mark. I think it's because most of the ones I have been to are the small ones that are built underneath apartment buildings. IMO Harris Teeter wins over Trader Joes and Whole Foods in MoCo. Safeways in PG county are better. 

I really want to go back and find that podcast where Paul Wharton talked about the casting for this show because if memory serves me correctly there are some inconsistencies. Regardless, the original casting was for some etiquette mom's club type show and the show shifted to housewives, and everyone didn't fit the bill. If I can put all the other drama aside, I would think that Charisse is hurt because she wants to be included back on the show because she wants something else for herself. She lost so much with her divorce, her kids are adults and living their own lives, she was no longer on the show, and she needs something for herself. I just don't like or respect the way that she is going about getting back on the show. 

• Like 6

I don't know much about exactly how the casting was done but the first season seemed to focus on women who were of the black socioeconomic group that was involved with Jack and Jill of America and to a lesser extent the black female sororities.

All of the women except Karen were college graduates. Karen was bragging about being married to the black Bill Gates which really had no basis of reality since her husband wasn't particularly wealthy - comfortable yes but that kind of comparison generally conjures up images of a fantastically wealthy individual who was a a visionary in the tech industry.

• Like 7
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

So Charisse put the group together. Karen may have gone to rehab. Karen has a rumored blue eyes. Who cares?

I do! That is some juicy shit right there! Karen is as shady poser and a loser. Always has been pretending to be some big Grande Dame. Now that Charisse is back all of Karen's dirt is coming out and she's freaked out about it and I love it. Was it ever explained why she was in rehab? Alcohol?  I guess her cheating is common knowledge around that group. 

2 hours ago, charliesan said:

I always knew Candiace had it in her,

Not a Candiace fan but she sure has gotten some great PR training in the off season. She knows this is her last season (I'm assuming) because she has a lot of good things going in her life now so instead of going out with the reputation of being an insane nutjob she's gonna play it cool with class and style. Good for her! 

16 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

The Robyn storyline can end. I quit. I wonder if she will even elect to return next season after the recent scandal.

What scandal? How did I miss this? 

• Like 8
13 hours ago, Boofish said:

The fact that Robyn thinks its ok to get married the day after someone who invited you to their destination wedding sums up her nicely. She acts like no one will find out you got married the next day. So your family including your parents are expected to have no reaction? Why don't you just get married at their reception. That is tacky as hell even for her. 

The best parts was Ashley having absolutely no defense after Candiace told her she failed and Mia's reaction to Karen going to Safeway 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Robyn and Gizelle treating Charisse like she owns Bravo is getting annoying. Ok so she was the connection; I don't have to bow down every time she enters a room or make a path. 30 years ago, my sister helped me get a job as a file clerk at a major oil and gas company. I took her lunch, gave her a Foleys (nee' Macys) gift card and said thank you. Now over the course of these 30 years my career has been impressive if I do say so myself but I don't have to lick my sister boots every time I see her. She opened the door and I took it from there the same way everyone else does. No one owe their success to Charisse so they can GTFO with that nonsense. 

That would be extremely rude, and is actually not as easy as Robyn seems to think, especially if they are staying at a resort.  

You can't just show up and say "I want to get married on Saturday".  Wedding coordinators schedule weddings, even the simplest ceremony with only 4 people.  They need advance notice - they need to arrange an officiant, even for a non-legal, symbolic ceremony.  Jamaica's not Vegas - it's not like there are walk-in wedding chapels on every corner.  Legal ceremonies require advance paperwork.  Symbolic ceremonies do not, but you can't just arrange them on the spot.  Destination weddings are very, very popular and are booked well in advance.

I'm thinking that Robyn and Juan and the kids will have a photo shoot on the beach, with her wearing a white dress and the boys in those custom made suits, with Robyn and Juan holding hands, kissing, etc. (typical wedding poses), and she will come home and say they had their own "private wedding ceremony", so they are "married" - not legally, not even symbolically, but at least it will look that way according to the photos.

• Like 4

Mia likes to put on airs, so for me, when Mia says "OMG Karen shops at Safeway" (which is high as hell for no reason) it's like she's looking down on Karen for shopping at OMG Safeway when we know due to her economic troubles Mia is probably shopping at Giant (or Aldi, Lidl, etc).  There's nothing wrong with shopping at Giant (I'm at Giant every day) but Mia is acting like she's not traveling down the Aldi Finds aisle herself.  If she's not, she needs to be because she has 3 growing children and half of her money flow has been shut down. And again, due to her current economic downturn Mia needs to be catching those Buy 2 Get 2 Free sales at Safeway, sifting through the clearance shelf at Giant and looking for some Aldi Finds to stock up.

Karen is sneaky and gloms on to other people to use them and never faces any backlash for how she moves:

• Sitting at Charrisse's table pretending to be Charrisse's friend to catch the eye of the casting people
  • Going to Bravo HR to get Candiace fired
  • Copying Wendy's candle idea after Wendy told her about her candle plans
  • Copying Robyn & Gizelle's live show idea for herself

You cannot fight sneaky, slithery people with a direct assault.  You've got to be as sneaky & slithery as them.  That's why GEB + Charrisse failed in their Karen take down attempt.  They try to confront Karen directly.  You can't do that...she's literally a Karen.  What they should've done is have Charrisse throw an event.  DON'T invite Karen to the event --invite everyone else. Create yourself as the center of the table.  Karen will give some lofty speech about how she doesn't care but she will care and she will conspire to get at Charrisse's table again like she did in the first place.  That's how you expose the thirst of someone like Karen.

They may have edited Charrisse out of Wendy's event but Charrisse was the reason for the whole drama in Season 5 (and Charrisse was only edited out of Wendy's party.  She was shown at every other group event in S5). Even last night, Karen mentioned some interaction with Charrisse at Candiace's party in Season 5.  

I personally think Karen's dislike of Charrisse has little to do with Charrisse trying to get back on the show or cheating rumors or drunk tales.  She has a higher level of vitriol towards Charrisse and Robyn that she's never had with Gizelle.  I think the show needs to explore that because that's more organic than Mia feuding with Wendy, Jacqueline and Candiace (last season) for no real good reason.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

How much does it suck for Charisse, Robyn, and Gizelle that everyone wants to discredit Karen, but your best shot at getting back on the show is to go at Karen. Karen needs to pull a page from Candiace's book and tell Charisse to earn her check another way. 

• Like 6

I guess Mia’s sole source of income now are her BRAVO checks

As I posted, I think Mia’s Safeway comment was less about whether Safeway is déclassé and more implying that Mia never has to do such mundane tasks as grocery shopping. Like Jen Shah with multiple assistants who bought her tampons 😂😂

• Like 6
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

she will come home and say they had their own "private wedding ceremony", so they are "married" - not legally, not even symbolically, but at least it will look that way according to the photos.

Isn't this what one of the Atlanta housewives did? Certainly other celebrities have done it.

17 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

The scandal is with Juan indirectly, involving his basketball team. 

Failure to act upon complaints of sexual harassment - you can google because this isn't part of what has been broadcast.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I actually don't believe that Karen was ever in rehab, mostly because I suspect that would have somehow made the blogs (same with Karen's accusations against Gizelle supposedly having a breakdown, which I also don't think happened). I guess I can believe that she has someone on the side, mostly because that seems to be a persistent rumor but... I just don't really care. 

Karen is entertaining because of her pretense at being a Grande Dame, not because her life is so scandalous. I think that is why the effort to derail her is failing - because the reasons why people enjoy her on the show don't really have much to do with the idea that she has a perfect relationship. So most viewers don't feel like they are being deceived by her or anything. 

Mia strikes me as someone who is basically cosplaying being rich, as opposed to actually being wealthy. Like she thinks that rich people don't go food shopping, they have other people do that, so she is pretending that is what she does. But rich people run the gamut, from having private chefs to eating out every night to buying their own groceries. Mia seems like she is just play-acting at being wealthy, IMO.

• Like 10
19 hours ago, spunky said:

Robyn and Gizelle please be quiet with your hypocritical selves. You chastised Karen for her behavior but let Mia skate by after assaulting Wendy. 

Someone, please let me know how Robyn fixed her mouth to say that Karen lies when Robyn's whole engagement plotline is nothing but a lie.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

I've rarely seen someone turn the tables so neatly as Candiace did with Ashley. Ashley is a pretty smart cookie herself, and you could almost see on her face that she was impressed with the play as it was happening. Candiace perfectly boxed in Ashley, in that none of this can be brought up again without it being a reflection on her own relationship. Candiace wishing for Ashley to have a relationship where she didn't feel the need to chase down stories was just *chef's kiss* because it was shady and genuine in equal parts. Absolutely master class. 🙌 

• Like 13
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Isn't this what one of the Atlanta housewives did? Certainly other celebrities have done it.

I think that Kenya Moore (RHOA) did get married in St. Lucia, with no one else present, or at least no other cast members.  I believe she was legally married, either in St. Lucia or in the States, because the last I remember, she is still not legally divorced from her daughter's father.  If they had only done a symbolic ceremony, no divorce would be necessary, as symbolic ceremonies are not considered legal in the U.S. 

I'm not saying that it can't be done, it's just not as simple as Robyn seems to think, and for sure, her family will find out about it, if they are all staying at the same resort, and planning to do the wedding at the resort.  It's not easy to hide a wedding (even a small, intimate one) at a resort!  From the little that Robyn has mentioned, it seems like she is trying to "tack on" to her brother's (in-law-?) wedding trip and get something for nothing (Robyn has always struck me as being quite frugal or even downright cheap at times - if she can get something for nothing, she'll take it).  Destination weddings don't work that way.

I'm sure other celebrities have also done private ceremonies, but, imo, Robyn and Juan Dixon don't really scream "celebrity" to me - at least not to the level of celebrities having private ceremonies to avoid paparazzi, etc.

I think that Robyn is actually fine with their relationship the way it is - she is just droning on about the wedding for a storyline and to shut up her other cast members, especially Karen, who seems to bring up their wedding more than Robyn does.  Juan seems so NOT interested in anything to do with marriage whenever she brings the subject up on camera.  

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, lasu said:

I've rarely seen someone turn the tables so neatly as Candiace did with Ashley. Ashley is a pretty smart cookie herself, and you could almost see on her face that she was impressed with the play as it was happening. Candiace perfectly boxed in Ashley, in that none of this can be brought up again without it being a reflection on her own relationship. Candiace wishing for Ashley to have a relationship where she didn't feel the need to chase down stories was just *chef's kiss* because it was shady and genuine in equal parts. Absolutely master class. 🙌 

It really was brilliant and Candiace really has matured quite well on this show. 

Who would have ever thought that was possible?

• Like 9
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Gizelle and Robyn really want to knock Karen down. They look very petty and jealous. I wish Karen could receive some sort of Grand Dame Award from viewers. 

I'm curious what would they be jealous of? What does Karen have that they don't? A rental house that she pretends to own? A committed, devoted marriage? I think they want to knock her down because they are sick of her BS, her pretense and her constant posing to be something she's not. 

4 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Karen is sneaky and gloms on to other people to use them and never faces any backlash for how she moves:

• Sitting at Charrisse's table pretending to be Charrisse's friend to catch the eye of the casting people

Exactly. She's a narcissistic snake. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

(same with Karen's accusations against Gizelle supposedly having a breakdown, which I also don't think happened).

Karen may have gotten her information about Gizelle's breakdown from the blogs and those rumors have been out there long before she joined the show due to him running Empowerment Temple in Baltimore.

It sounds like Charrisse made it her business to ask the streets about Karen's business because if she didn't know Karen, how did she know Karen escaped from rehab?

It wouldn't have been hard for Karen to go to rehab in Florida.

Charrisse is not an ugly lady but she looks like she just got finished shopping at Safeway every time we see her in a scene.  She needs some tailored/well fitting clothes, better hair and makeup and take those super sized implants out and get some that are better suited for her frame.  It's not for me to say if she needs to lose weight or not.

I'm curious what would they be jealous of? What does Karen have that they don't? A rental house that she pretends to own? A committed, devoted marriage? I think they want to knock her down because they are sick of her BS, her pretense and her constant posing to be something she's not. 

Gizelle & Robyn own their own homes so they definitely aren't jealous of Karen's home. The only cast member IMO that's jealous of another cast member's home is Ashley towards Candiace (both the townhouse and her current house).

And nobody is jealous of Karen's relationship with Ray.  They probably have sympathy towards Ray if anything.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

I don’t think Gizelle and Robyn are jealous of Karen’s home or husband, I think they are jealous of her being a more popular housewife than either of them. Gizelle has no story at all and Robyn’s is holding on by a thread. 
I see desperation on Gizzy. First going after Chris Bassett and now Karen. She’s always been jealous of the other housewives for their popularity. She was gleeful to repeat the false Monique rumor. She’s a bitter thing.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I'm not sure who the real queen of Potomac is, but I'm positive she's not in Mexico with these ladies. 

Beach orgasm yoga...for those who enjoy a gritty kitty.

Jealous of Karen and Ray...for those who fantasize about Uncle Ben's stuffing.

No amount of fame, money or plastic surgery could fill the deep black hole that once held Mia's heart and soul. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

Vulture (the cultural vertical by New York Magazine) has some excellent recappers.

I think this "history" of the show is accurate and reflects both Charisse's casting of the first season as well as why she was let go

Many moons ago, NBC Universal tried and failed to make a show based in Washington, D.C., courtesy of the infamous Salahis and their willingness to flout national security protocol to chase celebrity. A few years later, the network tried to start again in the D.C.-Maryland-Virginia area, choosing the established upper-class African American social groups in Montgomery County, home of Jack and Jill of America chapters, cotillion classes, and debutante balls galore. Originally called Potomac Ensemble, NBC got to work casting, but no one with real money and influence wanted to be involved. But Charrisse Jackson Jordan, former NBA Wives Association Vice President and then-wife of NBA player and coach Eddie Jordan, gamely stepped up and reached out to her network of board members and charity participants in the greater Maryland and Washington area to help Bravo put together a cast that would make good television.

This has always been the story behind how Real Housewives of Potomac came to be. Charrisse was the original center, like Mariah on Married to Medicine, who helped select cast members and identified the rhythms of the community. Different from Mariah, however, she never secured producer credit, nor did she ever make for good television. Charrisse never wanted to detail her personal life, knowing that Eddie wasn’t a big fan of the show. Her marriage fell apart, and she didn’t want to play out the particulars on camera. As a result, she was effectively written off the show without much fight from her end.

https://www.vulture.com/article/real-housewives-of-potomac-recap-season-7-episode-14.html

• Like 5
  • Useful 6

I wonder if Charisse and Robyn and Giselle planned that talk to Karen. I guess Charisse's feelings were hurt. Giselle and Robyn always pick on Karen too much imo. Next week Robyn is doing another heinous thing just like she did to Candace with recording her. I don't like Robyn this season. She's mad everyone is asking about Juan and the wedding and she's being passive aggressive imo.

• Like 6
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

15 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Exactly. She's a narcissistic snake. 

@bichonblitz come sit next to me in the can't-stand-Karen club! I've been keeping the seat warm waiting for someone to join me.

As for Robyn, I could care less if she and Juan remarry. I don't think that their relationship is fake- I think that they are like most couples that have been together a long time. They have managed a number of ups and downs, but unlike most couples, have done so very publicly. My take is that they are low-key together, raising their boys as co-parents, and possibly more like roommates than lovers at this point. Kind of sounds like most people I know...

And because it cannot be said often enough, Mia needs to disappear into obscurity. 

• Like 7

I think we all know that the women on this show are delusional nobodies that have little going on for them outside of the show.

Karen is only a Grand Dame (Laaaaadddddyyyy Eloise TM Alexander) in her own head.

However, she is the type of ridiculous character that the Howives show often center around.

The fact that Charisse had to come on this show in order to point out what we already know makes Charisse seem desperate.

If I were Charisse, I would enjoy my money and my second chance at life now that she is out of an unhappy marriage.

I would forget about this stupid show and move on.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

Karen "The Grand Dame" reminds me of Vickie "OG from the OC", both ignorant AF!

Aldi's Rocks!

I’m not a Karen fan but I’m going to have to defend her a little.  IMO the only one as horrible as Vickie is Ramona.  Love Aldi’s weekly finds!

• Like 5

Check out Karen’s IG….she posted the text she sent to Charrisse when her father died.  The content was more than ‘Sorry for your loss’, Charrisse.  And you even responded to her in kind, so I don’t know where all this ‘you sent me a lousy text’ bullshit comes from.  And co-sign to those saying that just because she introduced everyone, doesn’t make her the Grande Dame.  Karen is eccentric, even lies on occasion, but the one thing she is that you will never be, you sleepy-eyed bulging muppet, is entertaining!  Her personality is what makes her the Grande Dame, not Potomac connections.  And since you insist on not wanting to expose your private life, that’s the likely reason why you don’t have a flute.

Candiace put Ashley in her place so eloquently it made me teary.  Now that’s how you read someone in a cool cordial manner!  I hope they eventually get to a place where they can start over again as friends.

I will meanwhile continue to hate on Candiace’s body, she looked great in that black bathing suit when she chilled with Karen during the hot yoga session.

Robbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb, this is why I cain’t fuck with your pathetic she-hulk behind!  How you gonna twist your lips and have the audacity to say that Karen always deflects, yet you turn into a mute whenever anyone asks about Juan and your ‘wedding plans’?!  Just say that you’re fine having Juan treat you like a roommate with benefits and be done with it. 

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1