Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: Shake-Ups and Makeups

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, qtpye said:

I would forget about this stupid show and move on.

True, but--move on to what?  Charrisse doesn't seem to have anything else, which is sad.  She, Gizelle, and Robyn all seem so invested in a Karen Takedown, but is it worth the effort?  Remember the pizza delivery? Sure, Karen is pretentious and lies a lot.  Those are pretty much the basic qualifications for being a Real Housewife of any city.  What will they get out of exposing her?

• Like 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Candiace put Ashley in her place so eloquently it made me teary.  Now that’s how you read someone in a cool cordial manner!  I hope they eventually get to a place where they can start over again as friends.

Usually housewives are never allowed to finish a sentence without the others yelling and screaming so the fact that Ashley sat and was gracious enough to let Candiace finish her thoughts are commendable. She didn't jump up, arms flailing, screaming and trying to deflect back on to Candiace about what is wrong with Chris. I give her props for that. It could have escalated a la Charisse and Karen or Mia and Wendy. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Candiace put Ashley in her place so eloquently it made me teary.  Now that’s how you read someone in a cool cordial manner!  I hope they eventually get to a place where they can start over again as friends.

Friends? No.  Cordial? Yes.

Ashley and Candiace on paper "should" be friends but they can't because Ashley is in scratchin' & survivin' mode and Candiace is not. Candiace grew up comfortable and remains comfortable. Ashley grew up not knowing if she was going to be able to rest her head in one spot or not.

People tell on themselves what their real problem with you is and Ashley told on herself in Season 4 with the butter knife fight: It burns Ashley up that Candiace's mother can buy her townhouses and dining tables while Ashley's mother is a perpetual struggle who cannot even take care of herself, much less Ashley and her siblings.

Ashley doesn't have those feelings of jealousy towards Gizelle, Karen, Monique, Charrisse or even Mia because those women married to get their money/status. Candiace didn't have to.

Until Ashley can forgive Sheila for not being able to provide her with the material things she feels Sheila should've been able to provide her (instead of the other way around), she can never truly be friends with Candiace. So the best we can hope for is "cordial."

Usually housewives are never allowed to finish a sentence without the others yelling and screaming so the fact that Ashley sat and was gracious enough to let Candiace finish her thoughts are commendable. She didn't jump up, arms flailing, screaming and trying to deflect back on to Candiace about what is wrong with Chris. I give her props for that. It could have escalated a la Charisse and Karen or Mia and Wendy. 

I think it didn't escalate because Candiace was very, very lowkey with it. Her voice wasn't raised not one bit. There was nothing Ashley could argue with and if she did try, all that needed to be pointed out was "then why are you getting divorced?"  Ashley had to sit there and eat her food and take that loss.  Gizelle knows she has it coming too which is why she's running to the blogs saying Candiace is immature and out of control and won't listen and having tantrums.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
On 1/16/2023 at 10:15 AM, charliesan said:

If she's so rich and bougie and always asking for champagne (and that's RHOC's Heather's thing, and much more believable) why is she always so poorly dressed? When they were in the beach she had Walmart leggings and a Target white t'shirt, everyone else was in trendy bathing suits, even Gizelle didn't look so bad, pink definitely suits her. Charrisse is always mumbling her words and always appears bored or sleepy. If she's the real queen of Potomac she needs to be dethroned. 

See I think this is a huge part of Charrisse's issue. She was smaller when she was last on and had the wardrobe of a coach's wife. Now she's got her full post-menopause body and has the wardrobe of a divorced mom of grown kids. Again, she's angling for "I'll get cast then come back with a vengeance." In the meantime, she's without glam or a stylist to help her, thus her Gap basic summer looks.

• Like 7
On 1/15/2023 at 10:18 PM, Boofish said:

The fact that Robyn thinks its ok to get married the day after someone who invited you to their destination wedding sums up her nicely. She acts like no one will find out you got married the next day. So your family including your parents are expected to have no reaction? Why don't you just get married at their reception. That is tacky as hell even for her. 

The best parts was Ashley having absolutely no defense after Candiace told her she failed and Mia's reaction to Karen going to Safeway 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Robyn and Gizelle treating Charisse like she owns Bravo is getting annoying. Ok so she was the connection; I don't have to bow down every time she enters a room or make a path. 30 years ago, my sister helped me get a job as a file clerk at a major oil and gas company. I took her lunch, gave her a Foleys (nee' Macys) gift card and said thank you. Now over the course of these 30 years my career has been impressive if I do say so myself but I don't have to lick my sister boots every time I see her. She opened the door and I took it from there the same way everyone else does. No one owe their success to Charisse so they can GTFO with that nonsense. 

I LOVED Foley's!!! I wish they were still around!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 1/15/2023 at 11:58 PM, drivethroo said:

the real tea is she is visually unappealing and that's why she's not on this show on a full time basis.

And, more importantly, her personality is unappealing.

If I had to work with her, I would go out of my way to avoid her.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 1/17/2023 at 8:37 AM, Mr. Miner said:

Karen "The Grand Dame" reminds me of Vickie "OG from the OC", both ignorant AF!

Except Vicki, as nutty as she is, has always worked hard at her insurance business, made solid investments and actually has money. None of which is true about Karen. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, flummoxd said:

Foley’s!  

Ha, a blast from the past- Houston?

Absolutely!!  My home town!!  I remember the days when all those stores downtown would do big extravagant Christmas displays. This was always a to-do during the holidays for my family.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1