Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E02: Runaway Groom?

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Chris has already told Nicole about the incident with his finger & Shaq has already told Kirsten about his car accident. I still don't understand why he couldn't play sports. What was the risk? 🤔 Seemed overly cautious just because he was in an accident. How'd they all get ejected from the car? 🧐

My guess would be that they weren't wearing seatbelts and that's why they were ejected from the car. It sounds like a bad accident. I think no sports because he probably had a skull fracture and they don't want to risk another. Brains are important.

• Like 4

Nicole needs to chill & change her attitude. They both seem to be caught up; he already asked about calling her "honey" & "babe." The handholding was precious. She said if she couldn't make it work with Chris, she's meant to be alone forever, she has no shot with anyone else & doesn't deserve to be anyone's wife. Like. No. She shouldn't speak that over her life. It's not him or nothing. She doesn't even know him yet!!! My gosh! Just bizarre. & She said it so comfortably, it's jarring. 😬

• Like 3

I actually enjoy the wedding dress and tux shopping.  Mainly because I think they usually choose the unflattering look rather than the flattering look (IMO).  I thought the first dress Gina tried on looked beautiful and elegant, but I guess it wasn't "sexy" enough.  When asked how they wanted to look, each bride put "sexy" first.  I just don't get it.  

I though Arlliss looked classic in his black tux-some of the looks were just too casual or trendy.  And yes, I remember the baby blue tuxes from the 70s or 80s.  Traditional tend to always look good.  But, I guess it's not 'unique' or 'quirky' enough.

It seems like many brides on this show tend to think being "too much" or "demanding" is a good look.

But the worst part of this episode?  The mis-titling.  Where was the runaway groom?

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
38 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Shaq liked that she had "boundaries", that's not boundaries Shaq, she is not attracted to you.

Yes, a little peck at least.  I think she is too full of herself.  He’s a gentleman and accomplished.  She’s what?  A pageant Queen?  Pfft.

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Yes, a little peck at least.  I think she is too full of herself.  He’s a gentleman and accomplished.  She’s what?  A pageant Queen?  Pfft.

No, it's Jasmine who's a pageant queen. Kirsten is a college graduate and currently works in the real estate field. I don't know if she's a broker or just an agent. I think I heard her tell Shaq that she was a teacher at some point, but not quite sure I heard that right.

I agree that she's too full of herself. Yes, she is very pretty, but so what? Looks fade over time. Shaq is very accomplished and seems like a nice person. She could do worse.  She's not attracted to him and his bald head and if he doesn't measure up in the bedroom, that's another strike against him. She was not a good choice for this experiment, imo. 

Edited by ECM1231
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
16 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

all he got Gina was a pair of deck hand gloves?

Like whaaaa?!?!! He needs to explain himself because that seemed so thoughtless. & really, a gift for himself? REALLY?!! Don't husbands do that later in the marriage? Like. Did he forget & just buy something last minute? How those aren't the first things they discuss is beyond me. The person delivering them must've felt so embarrassed. 

• Like 2

Didn't hear what Kirsten got Shaq, if anything. Glad the after show is back to 20 minutes & no host husband. Didn't like the other brides saying Kirsten should've kissed Shaq, that's not for them to say what she should've done. They're not her. It was super awkward though. KKP should've asked if she had to do it over, if she would've done the same thing. Didn't Woodrow ask if he could kiss Amani? I know one husband asked & I thought it was so sweet! Kirsten was just making excuses though, but also owning she didn't like his looks so oh well. Nicole was funny saying Gina & Clint's kiss was making up for S&K's kiss. 🤣

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Like whaaaa?!?!! He needs to explain himself because that seemed so thoughtless. & really, a gift for himself? REALLY?!! Don't husbands do that later in the marriage? Like. Did he forget & just buy something last minute? How those aren't the first things they discuss is beyond me. The person delivering them must've felt so embarrassed. 

He will always be on the boat, and she will always be in her shop.  No tie on his wedding day?  Too casual.

• Like 1

Chris is somewhat saying the right things, we'll see what he does. He didn't say he'd do what she'd like, he said he'd do what he considers romantic. That's not considerate of her. She might like something other than flowers although she did react positively to that vow and agreed with what he said about not just sending flowers when you've messed up. Just noting. On the after show, she admitted to creating some scenario about his jerseys that turned out to be untrue. Probably like Alyssa, but Nicole actually found out. That's dangerous thinking. That's the problem with surface talk & filling in the blanks with whatever you decide. Hope she learned from that. That's cute they hoped S&K were matched & saw them.

I don't even remember what the question was for Nicole to say her wedding day was "triggering." And the dramatic story of her being drenched in champagne. Okay. Sounds terrible, but we saw no hint of trouble. Glad she didn't let it ruin her mood. She really pulled it off. Again with hopes for the other couples... When the experiment is already OVER?!!! STOP! 😒

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Lindz said:

I don't even remember what the question was for Nicole to say her wedding day was "triggering." And the dramatic story of her being drenched in champagne. Okay. Sounds terrible, but we saw no hint of trouble. Glad she didn't let it ruin her mood. She really pulled it off. Again with hopes for the other couples... When the experiment is already OVER?!!! STOP! 😒

And I don’t even know their names.  Swear I was not drinking.  Meds, yes, lol.  Chris, Clint, Nicole .. I’ll know by the middle of the show, maybe.

• Like 1

I didn't watch any of the lead up episodes so started with last week.  I enjoy seeing the dress shopping but don't care about tuxedo shopping.  As usual on this show I thought the dresses they didn't pick looked way better than the ones they picked!  

I never got to see Nicole brag about being "a lot" but she seemed okay.  If "a lot" just means a bit loud and show-offy, a lot of guys seem to like that!  Lindsay was "a lot" because she aggressively picked fights with other contestants, which would be no fun for the spouse.  Also the nerf gun battles - not what most adults want to do when they get home from work.  She and Chris were my favorite couple and I hope they like each other.

If I had been asked to guess I would have picked the hairdresser as the one who is "a lot" - she needs to close those Lisa Rinna lips before a plane flies in that mouth!

Although I haven't measured his penis, I don't know what's wrong with Shaq!  He is reasonably handsome, his beard is well groomed and has nice skin and teeth, which will age well, and a lovely smile.  Hopefully the wife will relax and warm up.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I actually enjoy the wedding dress and tux shopping.  Mainly because I think they usually choose the unflattering look rather than the flattering look (IMO).  I thought the first dress Gina tried on looked beautiful and elegant, but I guess it wasn't "sexy" enough.  When asked how they wanted to look, each bride put "sexy" first.  I just don't get it.  

I though Arlliss looked classic in his black tux-some of the looks were just too casual or trendy.  And yes, I remember the baby blue tuxes from the 70s or 80s.  Traditional tend to always look good.  But, I guess it's not 'unique' or 'quirky' enough.

It seems like many brides on this show tend to think being "too much" or "demanding" is a good look.

But the worst part of this episode?  The mis-titling.  Where was the runaway groom?

They could have easily put two more weddings on last night.

• Like 7

In general, gina constantly opening her mouth and teeth so wide and nicole being so over the top was obnoxious . I am shocked at the amount of makeup they put on all the ladies.

in general, the men are way more attractive than the women. I love chris , and I like shaq.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Lindz said:

Airris's cousin needs a bra. BAD.

So much this - that look was an absolute dumpster fire on an attractive woman. Further, I’ve not seen one strapless top/dress on this show that’s flattering; reminds me of our late father’s late-70’s girlfriend wearing them to the store, with the elastic (and everything else) half way to her waist…but I digress. If strapless tops flatter any body type, it’s a lean, small-chested one. I have to wonder how any of the wearers look in a mirror and think “This looks great on me.” If they’re not thinking that, they owe it to themselves to change outfits; and if they are…whew, delusion city. SNS. 

Edited by thatsall
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

No, it's Jasmine who's a pageant queen. Kirsten is a college graduate and currently works in the real estate field. I don't know if she's a broker or just an agent. I think I heard her tell Shaq that she was a teacher at some point, but not quite sure I heard that right.

I agree that she's too full of herself. Yes, she is very pretty, but so what? Looks fade over time. Shaq is very accomplished and seems like a nice person. She could do worse.  She's not attracted to him and his bald head and if he doesn't measure up in the bedroom, that's another strike against him. She was not a good choice for this experiment, imo. 

Nice .. who would say that on National tv?

22 hours ago, spunky said:

Nicole is a lot! She may just drive Chris crazy. Dollar Tree Chuck Norris' suit looked like he was going to the office, not his wedding. 

I really didn't understand that, and his boys agreed that it was a good choice...they also ridiculed the tux he had chosen at first...seems like none of them grasped the concept of a formal occasion.

52 minutes ago, thatsall said:

SNS. 

SNS???

20 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Also, I'd like to thank all three ladies tonight at After Party for dressing like they were going to After Party and not to a pageant or a club. Well done!

Great observation!!!

20 hours ago, Lurk said:

Some of these suits they try on or pick make them look like cheap lounge singers.

OMG, Chris's suit was ghastly, and sooo ill-fitting.  But again, he and all his boys seemed to love it.

11 hours ago, cinsays said:

I had thought I saw somewhere that Keisha's husband was going to be on the show again and I was pleased that that was not the case. 

Yeah, me too...I thought he added nothing of value and it seemed forced to have had him on.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, princelina said:

I didn't watch any of the lead up episodes so started with last week.  I enjoy seeing the dress shopping but don't care about tuxedo shopping.  As usual on this show I thought the dresses they didn't pick looked way better than the ones they picked!  

I never got to see Nicole brag about being "a lot" but she seemed okay.  If "a lot" just means a bit loud and show-offy, a lot of guys seem to like that!  Lindsay was "a lot" because she aggressively picked fights with other contestants, which would be no fun for the spouse.  Also the nerf gun battles - not what most adults want to do when they get home from work.  She and Chris were my favorite couple and I hope they like each other.

If I had been asked to guess I would have picked the hairdresser as the one who is "a lot" - she needs to close those Lisa Rinna lips before a plane flies in that mouth!

Although I haven't measured his penis, I don't know what's wrong with Shaq!  He is reasonably handsome, his beard is well groomed and has nice skin and teeth, which will age well, and a lovely smile.  Hopefully the wife will relax and warm up.

Looks like brand new veneers the hairdresser was showing off.  Maybe got a discount.

• LOL 6
23 hours ago, VioletNevermind said:

I’m dying!  Gina is going to eat Clint alive and I’m here for every second.

(I’m still holding out hope that Clint’s tie is in his pocket and he’ll whip it out any second now and put it on.)

With those teeth and that shark grin on her way up the aisle, I really thought Gina might actually devour Clint! it was scary!

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
5 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Kirsten has stated many times that she has a Masters and they are being matched because they are both EDUCATED.  Which clearly is not enough of a basis on which to match people.

I also wanted to note that Gina's mom from certain angles looks like a little person--am I the only one who sees this?

• Like 7
12 hours ago, Lindz said:

Gina's first dress was very nice. Too plain, but nice. Her friend was unnecessarily rude about it. Jas's first dress was nice as well, no need to trash it. Everyone picked a stupid, ugly see-through top, as usual. 🤦😒

I, too, thought those two dresses were stunning. And then they passed on them. 😒

6 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

The title was "Runaway Groom?"...with a question mark. It pertained to Airris. His cousin was telling him he doesn't have to go through with it. He said, "So if I say Let's leave, we'd go?" Cue cliffhanger. (I know he won't leave.)

• Like 5
41 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

Kirsten has stated many times that she has a Masters and they are being matched because they are both EDUCATED.  Which clearly is not enough of a basis on which to match people.

I also wanted to note that Gina's mom from certain angles looks like a little person--am I the only one who sees this?

Gina’s teeth have a life of their own .. I couldn’t stop looking at her mouth.  It is scary, I didn’t even look at her mother.  I’ll go back and look see as I taped it.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

43 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

I thought so too. 

Also, at times, Gina looked biracial.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Alexander Pope said:

Nope! It’s distracting me in every scene she’s in. Is she a little person?

• Like 2

Interesting Gina & Clint live in the same building and have met before. She recognized him, living up to what her family said about her not meeting a stranger. That's funny she found out they were interviewing "an old guy" in her building. Resourceful girl! 🤣🤣

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jennyf said:
2 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

Nope! It’s distracting me in every scene she’s in. Is she a little person?

I thought Gina's mother was an LP, but thought not when they showed her height. Maybe she got leg-lengthening surgery. 🤔 I can't believe she's wearing an awful, see-through top dress! 1st MOTB to do that! UGH! Hope she's the last!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
4 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Interesting Gina & Clint live in the same building and have met before. 

When he said this and she said "me too!" I thought he was surely about the get caught in a lie. He seems like the type to exaggerate.

Did you see him try to avoid the question when Gina asked him what he does? Oh, but he does consulting for hundred-million plus dollar businesses 🙄

• Like 5

Nice .. who would say that on National tv?

Multiple times, no less...

Did you see him try to avoid the question when Gina asked him what he does? Oh, but he does consulting for hundred-million plus dollar businesses 🙄

Yes. I thought I heard him mumble "IT...." in there somewhere.

I thought so too.

To me, Gina and Clint did not make a good match.  They just don’t look right together for some reason.  

Agreed, though I think there are a lot of reasons they don't make a good couple. But I don't think they look right together either. I think Gina is always "done" - dresses perfectly for the occasion; hair, nails and makeup done perfectly, etc. Clint, on the other hand, seems much more casual - gets a haircut twice a year whether he needs one or not, washes his face with shower soap, tosses on a t-shirt and shorts ...

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 3
16 hours ago, kristen111 said:

He will always be on the boat, and she will always be in her shop.  No tie on his wedding day?  Too casual.

And what was even more bizarre was all his groomsmen wore tux shirts and ties so he stood out as just rumpled and casual.  Maybe she can tidy up his hair 😍 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
50 minutes ago, endure said:

And what was even more bizarre was all his groomsmen wore tux shirts and ties so he stood out as just rumpled and casual. 

I was like “All his groomsmen look better than he does.” I once read a Reddit thread in which a guy wanted to wear jeans and a polo to his wedding, which was a dressy event at a hotel, because he “didn’t like getting dressed up.” Bride would be in a gown, bridal party in matching long dresses, groomsmen in tuxes. And people were like “you’re going to look stupid. If you want a casual wedding, do that - don’t roll up to your dressy wedding dressed casually. Everybody at the wedding will be dressed better than you if you do this.” I was reminded of that when I saw Clint next to his groomsmen.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Multiple times, no less...

Yes. I thought I heard him mumble "IT...." in there somewhere.

I thought so too.

Agreed, though I think there are a lot of reasons they don't make a good couple. But I don't think they look right together either. I think Gina is always "done" - dresses perfectly for the occasion; hair, nails and makeup done perfectly, etc. Clint, on the other hand, seems much more casual - gets a haircut twice a year whether he needs one or not, washes his face with shower soap, tosses on a t-shirt and shorts ...

Yes.  Gina is a meticulous sex bomb and Clint looks like a less than average something.  I don’t want to say beach bum, but sort of something like that.  He’s not polished enough for her.  I’m not calling him a bum.  Just someone who hangs out on his boats.  Like last seasons guy who lived near the beach.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 6

I think maybe Gina did see Clint around in the building and said to herself, "Nope!" 

The unromantic gift of sailing gloves was an unfortunate omen, as was his wedding outfit, as both were purchased to please himself and signal what he expected, not what his bride might like, and don't expect  more from me.

Maybe Clint just wants a reliable deck-hand. 

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
21 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Agree.  It's also telling she said on the Afterparty that she wasn't willing to teach (if he wasn't good in the bedroom).  That let me know she has some maturing to do.  She may expect a man to know her every need and want, instead of taking the responsibility to communicate.   It's possibly why her ex's marry other people after dating her.   She picks good guys, but they end up with women more willing to communicate and compromise.    

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

The unromantic gift of sailing gloves was an unfortunate omen, as was his wedding outfit, as both were purchased to please himself and signal what he expected, not what his bride might like, and don't expect  more from me.

It sounds like he thought Mitch was a perfect role model.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Maybe Clint just wants a reliable deck-hand. 

Exactly. Nothing says romance like a work glove. Here, honey, let's go scrape barnacles together! Gina will flash her manicure and make it clear she's all about lounging on the sun deck with a margarita. Definite mismatch.

On 1/12/2023 at 2:40 PM, seacliffsal said:

I like that part, too. Thought Kirsten's first dress was lovely because it had a gathered skirt, but they all wanted the sexy sheath or mermaid thing. Works for some (Jasmine was elegant) but not others who will remain unnamed. 

Chris's tux was too big and not even pressed, plus boring blah gray with dated stripes if I'm remembering correctly. But then I guess tailoring is too much to expect in their timeframe.

On 1/12/2023 at 2:40 PM, seacliffsal said:

You said a mouthful there and I completely agree. Kristen's demands, Nicole's emoting and babbling at the altar, Gina's weird expressions and gigantic open mouth...yeesh.

• Like 7