Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E02: Runaway Groom?

• Start Topic

On 1/12/2023 at 7:31 AM, Empress1 said:

I liked the simple dress Gina tried on (the one her friend said she hated - like, damn, friend, blunt much?) better than the one she ended up in

Agreed.  That "simple" dress looked stunning, classy and expensive on her. Her mom was commenting about a power dress that said boss bitch, and I thought how funny if she came out in girly lace and then she did, lol.  Her friend steered her away from that sleek dress because she's probably saving the idea for herself. 

• Like 7
  • Wink 1

If a man was under 25 and gave his bride to be sailing gloves and then didn’t  dress up for the ceremony, I’d say he was either not ready to be married and/or a clueless nerd, who might potentially learn the proper ways to treat a woman over time, with some guidance from her. 

Mr. Sailor, who by his own admission, brags about the vast number of women he has slept with, is too old and too experienced to make those choices.  He’s selfish and emotionally immature. At the moment, I wish he and the size queen had been paired, to spare their actual partners the grief. 

in other news, I think it’s somewhat obvious to see which couples stay together or breakup, judging by their commentary on the aftershow. Things are potentially looking good for one of them…

Also, has one of the brides not appeared on the aftershow yet? I wonder if that means anything. 

Edited by Cramps
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, Cramps said:

If a man was under 25 and gave his bride to be sailing gloves and then didn’t  dress up for the ceremony, I’d say he was either not ready to be married and/or a clueless nerd, who might potentially learn the proper ways to treat a woman over time, with some guidance from her. 

Mr. Sailor, who by his own admission, brags about the vast number of women he has slept with, is too old and too experienced to make those choices.  He’s selfish and emotionally immature. At the moment, I wish he and the size queen had been paired, to spare their actual partners the grief. 

in other news, I think it’s somewhat obvious to see which couples stay together or breakup, judging by their commentary on the aftershow. Things are potentially looking good for one of them…

Also, has one of the brides not appeared on the aftershow yet? I wonder if that means anything. 

and I may be wrong but I thought when the guys were talking about how long ago they had sex, Mr Sailor said something that made me think he had sex with some poor girl the night before the wedding

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
On 1/13/2023 at 1:25 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

I think maybe Gina did see Clint around in the building and said to herself, "Nope!"

On the after-show, she said she'd seen him in the elevator before, but didn't elaborate.

And this is hilarious:  She said the day after her home visit, she went out to walk her dog and saw a van with a guy with a headset and wondered what was going on.  The way she talked about it sounded like she was suspicious, and when she got back she asked them, "Oh, did you forget to call? I left my phone in my apartment" and they said no, they were getting some exterior shots.

Then after they left, she said she went all FBI (and not Nicole's FBI) and went to the valet and asked him what they were doing, and he said, "They're interviewing some old man upstairs."

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 1/12/2023 at 9:44 PM, Blissfool said:

I thought so too. 

Also, at times, Gina looked biracial.

Could be, and where was her father?  Her brother walked her down the aisle.  Her mother is just short.  Gina doesn’t look like the rest of her family.  

• Like 2
On 1/12/2023 at 1:59 PM, Lindz said:

What was the stylist doing to Nicole's mother's hair because it didn't look any different... And it looked so bad. She really could've at least used some Toppik. 😬

A big bald spot on the top.  The stylist was trying to cover it up.

On 1/13/2023 at 7:55 AM, Mr. Miner said:

I assume Chris had a lot thoughts going through his mind when Nicole's mother walked down the aisle and seated herself at the front. Her looks are unfortunate.

Did anyone catch pictures of Nicole when she was younger and thinner?  Va va va, boom.  She had some figure in a bikini.  The shot of her going in the pool was quick.

• Like 1
On 1/13/2023 at 11:23 AM, glitterpussy said:
On 1/12/2023 at 4:19 PM, thatsall said:

Airris's cousin needs a bra. BAD.

This was really my main takeaway from the episode. Everything else was so boring I can't remember it.

MANY of the women on this show need good bras.  It got distracting, and Airris's cousin was one of the worst.  Not sure how that dress stayed up.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

He may not mind--let's hope!!

He looks to be an easy going guy.  She looks the type to take care of things.  They look to be a good match to me anyhow.  Unless we get a surprise, as usual.  I hope not.  The rest .. meh!

• Like 2

Guys really don't remember anything, huh? First Justin forgot he matched with Alexis on Hinge AND hit her up on insta. Now Clint forgot he met Gina. Johnny recognized Bao & Bennett remembered Amelia, right? 🤔

3 hours ago, Lindz said:

Guys really don't remember anything, huh? First Justin forgot he matched with Alexis on Hinge AND hit her up on insta. Now Clint forgot he met Gina. Johnny recognized Bao & Bennett remembered Amelia, right? 🤔

I don’t think Clint “met” Gina. She said she had “seen him around.” It sounds like a pretty big building with a lot of residents so they may never have spoken.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don’t think Clint “met” Gina. She said she had “seen him around.” It sounds like a pretty big building with a lot of residents so they may never have spoken.

True, but if either one of them had been interested in the other, they could have figured out a way to meet.

• Like 3

I felt bad for Shaq. Kristen seemed not into him at all to the point of being impolite. Yes she’s pretty but she’s still on Married at First Sight. 
I like Chris but I think Nicole is going to be a pain. Maybe she’ll surprise me. 
I used to have a neighbor Clint who was kind of an asshole and this Clint actually reminds me of the jerk. Pompous and full of himself. I also can’t stand a man saying they are looking for a first mate. Cringe!
I don’t like the dress and tux shopping and think episode one should be all the weddings condensed. They drag it out too much.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

I felt bad for Shaq. Kristen seemed not into him at all to the point of being impolite. Yes she’s pretty but she’s still on Married at First Sight. 
I like Chris but I think Nicole is going to be a pain. Maybe she’ll surprise me. 
I used to have a neighbor Clint who was kind of an asshole and this Clint actually reminds me of the jerk. Pompous and full of himself. I also can’t stand a man saying they are looking for a first mate. Cringe!
I don’t like the dress and tux shopping and think episode one should be all the weddings condensed. They drag it out too much.

Ha! Gina should have clapped back with, "That's  Co-Captain to you!" 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 1/16/2023 at 9:45 AM, Retired at last said:

True, but if either one of them had been interested in the other, they could have figured out a way to meet.

I had worked in the adjacent cubicle of a guy for two years when one day "Hmmm" suddenly overtook me.  We dated for four or five years. 

Of course, we'll never know how it would have worked out if I'd been forced to marry him on my first day of work.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 1/12/2023 at 4:40 PM, Rightside said:

Gosh, the tattoos!

What is on Nicole's right forearm? It is so big. 

On 1/12/2023 at 8:58 PM, Alexander Pope said:

I also wanted to note that Gina's mom from certain angles looks like a little person--am I the only one who sees this?

You are not the only one.

• Like 3

I think Nicole's tattoo on her arm is either a dragon or dinosaur (so, she's into either Game of Thrones or the Jurassic movies?).  Either way, she might have had a drink too many when she decided to get that...(just my opinion...).

• Like 1
  • Love 1