Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E02: Runaway Groom?

• Start Topic

It's wedding day in Music City as our five Nashville couples anxiously prepare to marry a complete stranger.  Starting with I do's, awkward kisses, and a surprise appearance by a goldendoodle, our stranger spouses begin their eight-week marital journey.  However, when one groom gets cold feet, could it be a wedding day disaster?

Airs Wednesday January 11 at 8:00PM EST.

Reminder: This is also the place to discuss the Afterparty episode immediately following.

Uh-oh, Kirsten didn't look happy with her groom-at-first-sight. Fingers crossed she gets past that.

She had such lovely waves in her hair pre-wedding. Then walked down the aisle looking like Marmee from Little Women.

Edited by kikicat
phrasing
  • Like 4
  • LOL 6

Wow gina has a large smile. Loved her dress.nicole, telling is your thighs are dripping sweat is gross. Im not sure i can watch this

Edited by nlkm9
Add
  • Like 4

I really hope she loses the nose ring for the wedding day. 

Kirsten’s hair was awful at the wedding. She seems like she is just looking for red flags rather than looking at positives. 

Chris has cute friends!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Airris: "Let me introduce my friends, Harold and Cheese."

Airris: "I'm committed." heh-heh smirk

Sad that he lost his dad in such a violent way.

I like Nicole's bodice, simple lace scoop neck. Skirt does nothing for her. Don't care for Dom's dress, top half looks like a lace breast plate.

• Like 5

I wish they would put all of the dress/tux shopping in the matchmaking special. 

Shaq is attractive to me ,so I don't see Kirsten's issue. If she knew that she wouldn't have an open mind, she should not have signed up. On a superficial note the Preacher was hot. 

Nicole is a lot! She may just drive Chris crazy. Dollar Tree Chuck Norris' suit looked like he was going to the office, not his wedding. 

Hopefully it picks up next week, because this episode is dragging.

• Like 7

Unlike Clint, his family can't crack a smile. Do they disapprove of sham weddings to strangers?

Emergency update: CLINT HAS AN ACTUAL JOB!?

Edited by kikicat
clint not chris
  • LOL 10

Opening their wedding gifts now. Awww, now I'm really hoping Nicole will be sweet to Chris in return.

I kinda think she will. She seems to really, REALLY want to be married and Chris does (so far) seem like a genuinely nice guy. 

I love Gina's dog but hate that she breeds them. And I had a knee-jerk reaction to her disclosing on After Party that she medicated him for the ceremony. But between the two... I dislike Dollar Store Chuck Norris more. I did not need to know that he "estimates" he's bedded 65 women up until now. I think he is arrogant and sort of thoughtless. And seriously - all he got Gina was a pair of deck hand gloves? And probably a show-supplied engagement ring. He didn't have to spend a lot of money but honestly, at least one more sentimental and thoughtful item would have been nice.

Between Kristen and Shaq, I'm leaning toward Team Kristen. She was very uptight when she met him and she is judging him so far on very superficial things. Then on afterparty she mentioned her preferred penis length again. Shaq seems like a good guy with a stable and growing career and he is certainly smitten with Kristen. She needs to get over her "standards" and see if he isn't the good guy that is going to be different from all the bad ones she has chosen in the past.

Also, I'd like to thank all three ladies tonight at After Party for dressing like they were going to After Party and not to a pageant or a club. Well done!

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 5
29 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I kinda think she will. She seems to really, REALLY want to be married and Chris does (so far) seem like a genuinely nice guy. 

I love Gina's dog but hate that she breeds them. And I had a knee-jerk reaction to her disclosing on After Party that she medicated him for the ceremony. But between the two... I dislike Dollar Store Chuck Norris more. I did not need to know that he "estimates" he's bedded 65 women up until now. I think he is arrogant and sort of thoughtless. And seriously - all he got Gina was a pair of deck hand gloves? And probably a show-supplied engagement ring. He didn't have to spend a lot of money but honestly, at least one more sentimental and thoughtful item would have been nice.

I'm with you on no to the breeding. Also, if you have to medicate your dog to take them somewhere just because you want them there and it's not something necessary to prolong the life of the dog. No. I can see getting something for your dog for motion sickness or something like that if you're having to go on a long drive/road trip (moving). But if it's an optional thing and it's medicate or leave at home, choose home.

eta - I guess I'm an old fuddy duddy expecting a groom in a black or white tuxedo with a tie or handkerchief to match the bride's colors. Some of these suits they try on or pick make them look like cheap lounge singers.

Edited by Lurk
  • Like 9
  • Applause 6
51 minutes ago, Lurk said:

Some of these suits they try on or pick make them look like cheap lounge singers.

ITA. And what's with the too short pants? I hate that look. Don't get me started on those ugly slip on type shoes some of the guys were wearing at the tuxedo store, with no socks. I didn't notice, however, what the other grooms were wearing n their feet, except for Clint's brownish shoes. Clint desperately needed a haircut and shave.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
On 1/11/2023 at 11:17 PM, Elizzikra said:

Between Kristen and Shaq, I'm leaning toward Team Kristen. She was very uptight when she met him and she is judging him so far on very superficial things. Then on afterparty she mentioned her preferred penis length again. Shaq seems like a good guy with a stable and growing career and he is certainly smitten with Kristen. She needs to get over her "standards" and see if he isn't the good guy that is going to be different from all the bad ones she has chosen in the past.

Also, I'd like to thank all three ladies tonight at After Party for dressing like they were going to After Party and not to a pageant or a club. Well done!

Shouldn't you be team Shaq then?

I feel terrible. I really do but Nicole's mom. If your parents are supposed to be a window into how you will age, yikes.

I never watch the dress/tuxedo crap. Not here, love is blind or anything. Waste of my time. Do the damn dresses during the first episode. This should be all wedding. We should be honeymoon bound next week. I wish mafs was made for streaming. They would not get all of these episodes.

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 11
31 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

ITA. And what's with the too short pants? I hate that look. Don't get me started on those ugly slip on type shoes some of the guys were wearing at the tuxedo store, with no socks. I didn't notice, however, what the other grooms were wearing n their feet, except for Clint's brownish shoes. Clint desperately needed a haircut and shave.

I was trying to consult the Googles to find out when that trend started (back as far as 2004?). I couldn't remember the term "hipsters".  I worked for someone in 2015 who thought he was a cool hipster. He wore some casual slacks that were too tight and looked almost like leggings along with the slip on shoes with no socks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
12 hours ago, PupCal said:

Isn't Shaq just a year younger?

Yes. Depending on when their birthdays are, it could be months. She was being ridiculous. A year is not an age gap. The older you get, the smaller age gaps are (I knew of a 100-year-old married to an 85-year-old she met in the nursing home; that gap is a lot smaller than it would be if they’d met at 22 and 37) but a year isn’t even worth mentioning at any age. She was REALLY not feeling him at the altar; she looked disappointed. It was nice of Shaq to interpret her completely curving him as “boundaries,” but … he got curved.

I could not believe that Clint wore that to his wedding. No tie? A wrinkled dress shirt? And that suit was too casual. Also nobody asked you for your body count, Clint.

7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I feel terrible. I really do but Nicole's mom. If your parents are supposed to be a window into how you will age, yikes.

I had a brief moment of panic because she looks like a former toxic boss of mine. Both have short dark thinning hair that they tease to give the illusion of having more. My former boss was horrible so seeing Nicole’s mom took me back there for a second.

I liked the simple dress Gina tried on (the one her friend said she hated - like, damn, friend, blunt much?) better than the one she ended up in. None of the dresses Nicole tried did much for her.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Wow gina has a large smile. Loved her dress.nicole, telling is your thighs are dripping sweat is gross. Im not sure i can watch this

I’ve never heard of thighs dripping.  Too much macaroni?

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Yeah, either too short or too long, like Clint's.

I find it funny that Gina owns a hair salon and Clint is in desperate need of her services.

On the other hand, her sloppy hair on the Afterparty was quite distracting.

I had thought I saw somewhere that Keisha's husband was going to be on the show again and I was pleased that that was not the case. 

Edited by cinsays
  • Like 1

Gina's first dress was very nice. Too plain, but nice. Her friend was unnecessarily rude about it. Jas's first dress was nice as well, no need to trash it. Everyone picked a stupid, ugly see-through top, as usual. 🤦😒

• Like 6

So only Chris & Nicole's gifts were shown so far? Because they were similar? 🤔 I want to see everyone's gifts! Shady cameraman zoomed in on Chris playing with his numb right before he told her what happened. 😅 She better not throw love out there super early like Noi!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Lindz said:

So only Chris & Nicole's gifts were shown so far? Because they were similar? 🤔 I want to see everyone's gifts! Shady cameraman zoomed in on Chris playing with his numb right before he told her what happened. 😅 She better not throw love out there super early like Noi!

They never show all the gifts. Why I don't know.

So many women being triggered by bald heads is such an odd thing to me. I've never ever heard any woman have a problem with bald heads in my real life. Only on this show. I know we all have preferences. There is nothing wrong with that. In my opinion, a man with a bald head is as basic as it comes. A lot of the time, it's just a choice at this point. Not something they have to do. If you are that tightly wound about physical characteristics, this is not the show for you.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Was Kirsten even on the altar? She looked like she wanted to keep walking. 🤣 Everyone was so far apart & stand-offish, except Gina & Clint. She hugged him & gave him a non-stranger looking kiss! She did default to a typical, boring question asking what he did. 😒 Was she wearing a booty pop? And wore all her hair in the front. He did say he liked her looks though. Good positivity, it better not be fake!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Airris's cousin needs a bra. BAD. She also needs to lay off telling him not to go through with marrying a stranger. Why won't he push back? Like he's actually thinking about quitting. There's no way he actually doesn't marry her or we would already know so they should stop playing.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Kirsten & Shaq are about looking good, but he let her necklace be crooked & she let him have lint on his tux. Love that! 😒😒 Nicole got right in there & fixed Chris's bowtie. Point for her. What did she mean she felt they were pretending? Wrong word?

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

So many women being triggered by bald heads is such an odd thing to me. I've never ever heard any woman have a problem with bald heads in my real life.

Me neither. And Shaq wears it well. I know women with a preference for bald heads. My best friend once told me that she hoped her husband kept his hair (he has, so far), but it’s not like she’d run if he lost it. If Kirsten married a man with hair and then he started losing it, would she leave?

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Me neither. And Shaq wears it well. I know women with a preference for bald heads. My best friend once told me that she hoped her husband kept his hair (he has, so far), but it’s not like she’d run if he lost it. If Kirsten married a man with hair and then he started losing it, would she leave?

That's what I'm saying. For many these days, it is a style choice for men (and women). But, it's also very natural for a lot of men to lose their hair. Some earlier than others. So, where does this objection end?

I've never really liked women with short hair styles as a preference. But, I would not make a big deal about it going on this show because I've realized over time that it's how you wear it. Does it work for the individual? Far too many attractive women with short hair cuts or even bald in some cases for me to make a huge deal about it. 

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Well, I caved and watched most of the show. First impressions:

Shaq and Kristen are exactly like Miles and Karen. Karen had her standards of no bald men, and was not happy that Miles was younger and was cold and inflexible to him. I see Kristen the same way. If Shaq doesn't "measure up" IF they ever get that far, he's out. I like Shaq (I liked Miles). She is too snooty and I am not liking her.

Nicole looked SOOOOOO different on the AfterParty without all that crap on her face. Still not really pretty, but she was more controlled. I hated the faces she made. Maybe they will be OK. Wow, her mother. Unfortunate.

And Chuck Norris will be this season's Mitch. Giving her a gift of a sailing glove. How thoughtful. I was glad to see that he has an actual job. They MAY be OK for a while, but she needs to stop that awful smile/gape. It was so distracting and unattractive. Her hair was pretty. The no tie look was not good. Long term, I don't think they will make it, but they could have some fun.

None of the dresses were memorable to me, although there was one that seemed more unique in the back, but I don't remember who wore that. 

1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

If Kirsten married a man with hair and then he started losing it, would she leave?

And more so, suppose SHE starts losing her hair - would she expect him to stay or dump her? 

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 7

Clint's friends were rude about his first tux like Gina's friend was rude about her first dress. I don't understand the hate on the tux. It was nice. He can't want to look nice? Why can't people just support their friends? They're not there to be rude!

Chris has already told Nicole about the incident with his finger & Shaq has already told Kirsten about his car accident. I still don't understand why he couldn't play sports. What was the risk? 🤔 Seemed overly cautious just because he was in an accident. How'd they all get ejected from the car? 🧐

4 hours ago, Lindz said:

I'm so sick of lingerie/see-through tops! Even the mother of the bride wore that crap. Like. ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! IT'S HIDEOUS!!! 😤😮💨

Nothing modest anymore.  I doubt these dresses wouldn’t do too well in a church.

• Like 2