Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 10/24/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Oct. 24 – The Political View with Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) (author, “Justice Corrupted”); Eddie Redmayne (“The Good Nurse”)

Tuesday, Oct. 25 – Sigourney Weaver and Elizabeth Banks (“Call Jane”)

Wednesday, Oct. 26 – Kerry Washington (“The School for Good and Evil”; executive producer, “Reasonable Doubt”) and Emayatzy Corinealdi (“Reasonable Doubt”)

Thursday, Oct. 27 – Anne Hathaway (“Armageddon Time”); “The View” celebrates breast cancer survivors Angela Taylor (Fort Lauderdale, Florida), Venita Graves (Houston, Texas) and Dawn Compton (Belleville, Texas)

Friday, Oct. 28 – Chelsea Clinton (author, “Welcome to the Big Kids Club”); Sherri Shepherd (“Sherri”)

33 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I bet Joy would just as soon pass on dressing up for Halloween. She never really seems excited by it.

Neither am I. I hate their Halloween shows. Why give Ted Cruz a platform and especially with Joy not there? I don't need the headache.

• Applause 2
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Neither am I. I hate their Halloween shows. Why give Ted Cruz a platform and especially with Joy not there? I don't need the headache.

yeah, the view is one of the only shows i like watching live, but i will wait and watch the tape on that day so i can skip over this person

• Love 1

Oh My! This is a wild show!  Ted Cruz got to yelling & Ana said "You dont have to yell, I am sitting right next to you!" , all the ladies were in agreement while contesting what Cruz was saying, Yay for Whoopie!  Members of the audience get a copy of his new book, oh yay: HA

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Whoopi has great points to make. Unfortunately those great points go through a Whoopi translator and what comes out of her mouth is pretty much nonsensical.  We all know what she’s trying to say but she just can’t get the words out. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wink 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

For the most part I liked the ladies' rebuttals. but I wish they had done more with Cruz saying that Milton Friedman won a Nobel Prize and he says that cutting taxes works. Friedman won his economics prize in 1976. Since the mid 80s, the US has been a real life experiment testing his trickle down theory.  Recent Nobel Prize recipients have won disproving that part of Friedman's theories and I want that clapped back when Cruz uses Friedman to justify his policies.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
50 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Oh My! This is a wild show!  Ted Cruz got to yelling & Ana said "You dont have to yell, I am sitting right next to you!" , all the ladies were in agreement while contesting what Cruz was saying, Yay for Whoopie!  Members of the audience get a copy of his new book, oh yay: HA

now that's a book i'd be ok with burning or banning from schools!

why on earth did they have this awful person on the show??????

the sad thing is that this will prompt comments on facebook about what a horrible left wing show this is

Edited by cinsays
  • Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, cinsays said:

the sad thing is that this will prompt comments on facebook about what a horrible left wing show this is

Probably inevitable even though the hosts were civil and it was Cruz who interrupted and raised his voice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

It just figures that this loathsome, pathetic shell of a man - that was Ted Cruz - only came on the show to solely flog his hideous book. I thought Goldberg was going to come across the desk at one point and I wouldn't have blamed her. How can one keep one's cool when you have this lying, simpering, science-denying, arrogant, Trump-supporting POS sitting there spewing yet more stupidity?!!! 

Even though they bleeped out what the audience was shouting, I can leave it to my imagination. Figures Disney is into censorship now. We are all adult. We can handle bad words.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, cinsays said:

and i am sure Teddy's wife thought it was really funny when Trump called her ugly.  She's an attractive woman, but no woman wants to be described that way, do they?

Well she married Ted Cruz so she obviously has a sense of humor.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3

A reminder about this part of the rules for The View forum:

Any discussion of political figures, political parties or political entities (Congress, Parliament, etc.) is considered off-topic and not allowed on Primetimer UNLESS it is specifically mentioned as part of the show's episodes, and then only in the context of the show itself.   So if they talk about a political figure on The View, you can talk about the way they discussed it, but cannot use that as a jumping off point to talk about your own opinions on that person. 

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

Is not  Joy  off every Monday? I wouldn’t think she’d want to be there

Yes. Joy is off on Mondays and Ana is there in her seat. This schedule was announced before the new season started.

I am feeling too good today (celebrating/observing Diwali 🪔🪔🪔🪔), so will be deleting today’s episode.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

Cruz was asked about abortion and access for all and he pivots to the economy and how bad everyone is hurting without answering the question. Also, ignoring how forcing people to give birth when they can barely afford food in “Biden’s economy” is a point that’s also always overlooked in discussions with republicans like Cruz. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

Cruz was asked about abortion and access for all and he pivots to the economy and how bad everyone is hurting without answering the question. Also, ignoring how forcing people to give birth when they can barely afford food in “Biden’s economy” is a point that’s also always overlooked in discussions with republicans like Cruz. 

I know! This is maddening to me. How can anyone say that having unplanned, unwanted pregnancies is not also relevent to the economy? Cruz and his ilk are gaslighting us and acting like nobody is worried about women losing their rights. I am fucking furious about it and I have stayed mad about this shit most of my life. Women-also known as human beings-have lost their right to bodily autonomy and are suffering because of his party and people like him. I was so glad those people were protesting in the audience. I thought Whoopi was okay with protesting--I guess just not when it inconvieniences her.

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4

This episode was stupid. I'm really glad I'll never be on The View. I know if Ana said something slick to me my mouth would move like lightning. First of all, Ana, you ain't about that life. If Trump called you a fat, ugly ass bitch, I guarantee neither you nor your old ass husband are gonna do shit about it. You might get a few tweets off and that's it. Your husband is not about slide on Trump because he tried it. You're gonna sit your ass right there and deal with it. Hell, IIRC, Trump Jr. DID call you fat and you tweeted. So girl please. And don't talk down to that man about yelling...you're doing that because you know all of you were being hypocrites and he was reading y'all for filth. I hate whataboutism too, but then stop trying to play gotcha and we won't have to do all of that. 

And Whoopi continues to prove she's one of the dumbest women on TV. "I don't know anything about ANTIFA riots". Wooooow. 

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1

I was sorry they had Cruz on because he is such a hypocrite...dismissing Trump's comments about his father and calling his wife ugly is awful. OTOH they should welcome all guests. If Cruz had not been a motor mouth perhaps they could have promoted his book.

I loved Ana told him to stop yelling because she was sitting so close to him. But Ana did apologize to him she was sorry (the hecklers) happened.

Oh, and Alyssa sure did not want to burn any bridges.

And sure, Cruz...Antifa is prevalent....except not really. Now chat about 1/6 and  the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys. 

Cruz is a deflector.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I was sorry they had Cruz on because he is such a hypocrite...dismissing Trump's comments about his father and calling his wife ugly is awful. OTOH they should welcome all guests. If Cruz had not been a motor mouth perhaps they could have promoted his book.

I loved Ana told him to stop yelling because she was sitting so close to him. But Ana did apologize to him she was sorry (the hecklers) happened.

Oh, and Alyssa sure did not want to burn any bridges.

And sure, Cruz...Antifa is prevalent....except not really. Now chat about 1/6 and  the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys. 

Cruz is a deflector.

Also, I wish someone would’ve said that Trump didn’t actually call his wife ugly. In a weird way, by saying that, the person bringing it up is actually the one calling her ugly. 

Melania was being slut shamed for some of her past modeling photos and Trump, for some reason, threatened to spill the beans about Heidi Cruz. IDK. So then he retweeted a meme of a bad photo of Heidi and one of Melania’s modeling photos that said a picture is worth a thousand words. I remember when that happened and I got the impression that he was agreeing his wife is hotter than Ted’s wife. Still childish and kind of a low blow, but it’s not like he got on Twitter and said, “Vote for me and not Ted Cruz because he’s got an ugly ass wife!” 

And like I said, Ana talked a little crazy to him for me. This is a grown man not a child. Everybody was talking over one another. She just didn’t like what he was saying. Whoopi raises her voice every fucking episode and I don’t see her being all huffy about it.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, maggiemae said:

If Cruz had not been a motor mouth perhaps they could have promoted his book.

That's what I don't get.  I am assuming the only reason he went on the show was to promote his book - I'm sure he wasn't expecting protesters but he must have known he wasn't going to be among friends - but his book barely got a mention from him.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Whoopi gave Alyssa a good smackdown at the end of the first segment, pointing out that her last employer didn't know what he was doing to the tune of around a million deaths, so who is she to talk.  She's disgusting, but no surprise there.

And I agreed with Joy about DeSantis' lack of charisma and how, on a debate stage of 7-10 candidates, he's going to get lost in the shuffle like the rest of them amid the circus act.

• Applause 5
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

That's what I don't get.  I am assuming the only reason he went on the show was to promote his book - I'm sure he wasn't expecting protesters but he must have known he wasn't going to be among friends - but his book barely got a mention from him.

They ladies mentioned the reception he got at Mets game, so I doubt he was surprised by the reception he got.   But yall right, I have no clue what his book was about.   He tried to answer someone's question with he's explained it in the book.    But good authors know how to tease enough to convince a few to actually read it.   He just used "It's in the book" to deflect from answering the question on air

• Applause 10

Finally, total clarity from Whoops:  commenting on the dad who recommended birth control, “ he doesn’t want to support you, should ‘something’ come up.”  For once we are confident she knows whereof she speaks - states it plainly!

• Love 2

I'm glad Whoopi brought the first discussion back to the statistics in the first segment. I was ready for Sunny to slice and dice Alyssa when she tried to overtalk her, but Sunny's handling her better lately. She just kept giving her points regardless of what Alyssa said.

Sort of a meh show today though.

2 hours ago, Oneofem said:

Finally, total clarity from Whoops:  commenting on the dad who recommended birth control, “ he doesn’t want to support you, should ‘something’ come up.”  For once we are confident she knows whereof she speaks - states it plainly!

I thought the same thing.

59 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Sort of a meh show today though.

Unfortunately most shows this season has been meh.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
On 10/24/2022 at 1:46 PM, KittyQ said:
On 10/24/2022 at 1:40 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Who did Whoopi say was the first to do sexy content in their music?

I think she said Grace Jones, who certainly had a provocative image. 

I know Whoopi considers herself to be The View's All Knowing Seer, but my crystal ball provides other information:

• Josephine Baker June 3, 1906
  • Eartha Kitt January 17, 1927
  • To mention only two...

(Grace Jones was born in May 1948)

• Applause 1
4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I know Whoopi considers herself to be The View's All Knowing Seer, but my crystal ball provides other information:

• Josephine Baker June 3, 1906
  • Eartha Kitt January 17, 1927
  • To mention only two...

(Grace Jones was born in May 1948)

And apparently Whoopi has never heard of Donna Summer and her infamous orgasmic song Love to Love You Baby (1975), which predates anything Grace Jones put out.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2