Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E23: Reunion, Part 2

• Start Topic

We have seen a lot of lying from Rinna. I wonder if her first lie was “LVP told me to bring up Münchausen syndrome”. Wasn’t that claim trotted out quite often as evidence that LVP is so manipulative?

I remember Lisa Vanderpump denying that she had “directed” Rinna to bring it up, but by that time, the “Lvp as Bobby Fischer” narrative of Kyle’s had already taken hold.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

I'm one of the few who does believe LVP was involved in the Münchausen syndrome drama.

But that doesn't change that Rinna has become a really horrible, toxic person.

If Kathy was that bad, as others said, why didn't Rinna tell Ericka that Ericka needed to get Kyle back at the house asap?

• Applause 4
  • Love 4

IF Rinna didn't decide to blow up Kathy's rant (witnessed only by her) just what exactly would her 'storyline' have been this season?  Yes, she lost her mother but that's not going to be a [endless] season long story. 

Maybe how  in her book Garcelle repeated a conversation about Amelia  that Rinna herself put out there on camera?   Nope. Besides, Garcelle bent over backwards to take it out on the second printing.     Or maybe how she can't seem to stop spending money fucking her face up?  Nope.  Although I wouldn't mind that, lol. 

The season was ending and she hadn't done anything to put the spotlight on herself,  since we already saw her garage vintage dress collection.  So she decided to make a story out of drunk Kathy shooting her mouth off to apparently no one but her.  Lame. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
typos
  • Like 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

And not to mention how unethical and wrong for anyone with a degree to do and he knows that’s not how it works but it’s super messed up that he is behind the scenes amping her up and helping her 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

And not to mention how unethical and wrong for anyone with a degree to do and he knows that’s not how it works but it’s super messed up that he is behind the scenes amping her up and helping her 

Remember at last year's reunion when Rinna's big beef with Garcelle was the tomato sauce apology and she claimed Harry said to her "what's the matter with Garcelle?" and proceeded to state how Harry Hamlin noticed how unhappy she seemed. 

Yeah, fuck the Hamlins. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Well he’s doing a hell of a job. ;) I don’t think anyone, anywhere would say him and his BA psych major and his trusty DSM-V are keeping Rinna anywhere close to above the fray. I mean she’s right there in it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

This is truly frightening.  The part about Lisa using it to "stay above the fray" is total bullshit.  She is using it against people, with Harry's blessings.  I wouldn't trust their diagnosis as far as I could throw either one of them, because, um, look at them.  This is the kind of shit that is evil.

• Like 1
  • Applause 10
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, Jel said:

Also people with BAs in psychology who think they can diagnose personality disorders are generally considered pretentious dorks. Undergraduates don’t get clinical training, that’s graduate level.

I can barely count the number of my friends who did a psych undergrad. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I did until Harry did an interview talking about how before every season they use his psychology degree and books to diagnose her costars problems .. that screamed to me who would bring up the term in the first place. Vanderpump wouldn’t bring a psychologist term into a conversation out of nowhere .. 

That still doesn't mean LVP (and probably Kyle too) weren't involved.

• Love 3

Even though HH’s “expert” diagnoses have failed Rinna year after year, she and he were still working on their co-stars behind the scenes. Who’s manipulative now?

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

That still doesn't mean LVP (and probably Kyle too) weren't involved.

But it would prove them both right that it was Rinna who brought it to the show.. and even brought it up cause none of the other housewives and their husbands were psychoanalyzing the others  

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

But it would prove them both right that it was Rinna who brought it to the show.. and even brought it up cause none of the other housewives and their husbands were psychoanalyzing the others  

Not really, no.

Rinna being a garbage person the last few years isn't going to make me retroactively blame her for stuff that happened years and years ago.

4 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Not really, no.

Rinna being a garbage person the last few years isn't going to make me retroactively blame her for stuff that happened years and years ago.

A garbage person the last few years? Have we all been watching the same show? she has been this way a lot longer then a few years .. just ask Kim 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 3
  • Applause 7
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Not really, no.

I’m sorry, this doesn’t make sense.  The blame is clear to see. Hamlin is not a psychiatrist, yet these two are acting like armchair professionals? What awful people!

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Her first couple of seasons (which is when the Munchenhousenflousen thing happened) she wasn't so bad as she is now.

You think she was solely responsible for that, I don't. I believe LVP and Kyle were involved as well. Simple as that.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Her first couple of seasons (which is when the Munchenhousenflousen thing happened) she wasn't so bad as she is now.

You think she was solely responsible for that, I don't. I believe LVP and Kyle were involved as well. Simple as that.

I think she brought it to the show yes … I’m not saying they didn’t help spread it but I believe that Lisa came with the idea … 

• Applause 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think she brought it to the show yes … I’m not saying they didn’t help spread it but I believe that Lisa came with the idea … 

She claimed her hairdresser came up with it. Does HH also cut hair?

• Wink 1
  • LOL 11

@Hiyo, do you remember why you thought someone other than Rinna brought it to the show? I don't remember much from that season. Was there a smoking gun or anything that year? I remember side eyeing Rinna when she brought it up. I remember her saying her "hairdresser" has mentioned it to her. I also remember her saying, but later in the season? or the following season? that LVP had told her to mention it. Was there anything else, do you recall?

• Love 2

This RHOBH is entertainment only for people who are addicted to high levels of stress ups and downs running through their bloodstream. No more is it a show for the enjoyment of the watchers, but a macabre circus of sadism for those who enjoy the pain of innocents, with its ringmaster Andy (along with his co-ringmaster Kyle) picking and choosing a majority of malignant narcissists and sociopaths and giving them free reign to commit the disgusting acts of over the top aggression on the few. Rewarding liars and punishing normal, good intentioned women.

Entertainment my ass! 

I certainly won’t be watching it after this season. Not unless KYLE, RINNA, ERICA, DIANA, and their little dog DORIT, are given their walking papers. 

If they do a major overhaul and bring back Garcelle, Sutton, Kathy, Eileen, Denise, Camille, and maybe Crystal, if she smartens up, then it would again be watchable for me. Maybe Kim too. It would be a fitting reward for the spiritually and morally bankrupt entity, known as Kyle Richards. Her two sisters and not her, back on the RHOBH screen.  Actually, eliminate the Richard sisters altogether, and get some people who literally live in Beverly Hills, as the shows title claims. Kim does not do well  mentally, with the cameras focus on her any longer and Kathy lost a lot of my good will towards her when she sat as hostess of her luncheon and allowed Erica to try and crush Sutton, without her intervention of what is acceptable within her home. 

Otherwise I am done. I won’t be condoning this crap by giving it my attention and one more added number to their total of viewers tallied up.

The “storyline” bologna these idiots all seem to think is necessary to have, to be relevant, was not something that was in the original roll out of this franchises “reality” theme. No, it’s not reality. Its all faked and inflicted upon the few who signed on who thought it was a show about their daily lives. 

There are SO MANY other networks out there other than Bravo that I could find entertainment through. I refuse to accept this any longer as the new entertainment style they have slipped into this RHOBH group.

It needs a complete overhaul. 

I wish I was good at creating artwork which could depict Lisa Rinnas Lips as a large bullhorn. I am so tired of her over the top LOUDNESS which can literally knock over anyone within earshot, and that really does, cover a looong distance. I could go on and on, and ON AND ON.. and I did write a long post days ago which I decided not to post, because of its length. No stupid TEeVeE show should be making me feel such utter disgust for its contents and participants. I became disgusted at myself for allowing this evil to sneakily writhe its way into my life and evoke these responses from my emotions. Taking up precious time and creating negative energy in my mind and thoughts. 

There are always other channels I could watch, just a click away. And I will be doing so. 

• Applause 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I'm one of the few who does believe LVP was involved in the Münchausen syndrome drama.

But that doesn't change that Rinna has become a really horrible, toxic person.

If Kathy was that bad, as others said, why didn't Rinna tell Ericka that Ericka needed to get Kyle back at the house asap?

I think LVP is just as shitty as the FFF, but she's more low-key with her shenanigans. This way she can claim plausible deniability when someone does confront her. I've never understood why so many fans like her as much as they do. 🤷🏻‍♀️

She was pretty direct about "pulling the strings" on the show.

FWIW, I didn't think LVP is an evil person. I think Brandi, Rinna, Diana, and Erika are far more obnoxious than she could ever be.

However, more than one thing can be true at a time.

Rinna has become worse than everyone else, even Erika. I'm not sure what her endgame is, unless she thinks this will keep her on the show (and it shouldn't).

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 5

Lois was 93 - Rinna herself is now 59.  Did she expect Lois to live forever?  I understand that it's a very sad thing to lose your parent.  I understand that we think we'll be prepared.  And the reality of it is so different from what we think.  But losing a parent at 93 is not the same as losing one at 53, or 63. The level of grief that Rinna displayed and the acting out towards others is ridiculous.  Performative.  She certainly didn't let anyone else use their grief as an excuse for anything (Lisa Vanderpump).  Rinna's summing up of her behaviour at the reunions is always the same - she never "owns it" (which she expects everyone else to do), she's always a "work in progress".  The only grace she extends is to herself - never others.

• Applause 6
  • Love 14

I think LVP is just as shitty as the FFF, but she's more under the radar with her shenanigans. This way she can claim plausible deniability when someone does confront her. I've never understood why so many fans like her as much as they do.

That's what made her such an entertaining villain. Unlike another HW who was stupid enough to be caught ON TAPE saying she thought Kim was at death's door and that Kyle was her enabler.

Alrighty :) 

:)

I'm not sure what her endgame is, unless she thinks this will keep her on the show (and it shouldn't).

She is an idiot. Given her soap background, she of all people should know the difference between villains people love to hate and villains that people just hate. Maybe she mistakenly believes a large chunk of people love to hate her instead of just hate her?

Edited by Hiyo
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Rinna mentioned on the show what Kathy said against her sister (I will destroy her and her family, if this the last thing I have to do), Bravo and NBC, the parent company of Bravo (I will show them, I have big contracts/agreements with NBC), other HWs like Crystal, Sutton, and Dorit (why are they on the show, they should be fired). 

12 hours ago, ZettaK said:

But Rinna mentioned what Kathy said. I posted above about it.

Rinna did mention that Kathy said all that.  Are we supposed to believe that those comments had her frightened to death, locked in her room, and currently suffering from PTSD?

6 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

If they do a major overhaul and bring back Garcelle, Sutton, Kathy, Eileen, Denise, Camille, and maybe Crystal, if she smartens up, then it would again be watchable for me. Maybe Kim too. 

Haha I'm sorry to say that with this cast I can already hear the complaints that the show is boring.  Kathy pretending she never heard of soap operas, Eileen grilling her every week to prove that she had indeed heard of them 😄

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
Just now, princelina said:

Rinna did mention that Kathy said all that.  Are we supposed to believe that those comments had her frightened to death, locked in her room, and currently suffering from PTSD?

Haha I'm sorry to say that with this cast I can already hear the complaints that the show is boring.  Kathy pretending she never heard of soap operas, Eileen grilling her every week to prove that she had indeed heard of them 😄

And for the love of all things holy, do not ask Eileen when the affair started.

• Wink 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Also people with BAs in psychology who think they can diagnose personality disorders are generally considered pretentious dorks. Undergraduates don’t get clinical training, that’s graduate level.

I have PhD in industrial/organizational psychology and I don’t have the expertise, qualifications, knowledge, or license to be diagnosing individuals, let alone using the DSM, because I am not a trained clinical psychologist.

I didn’t realize that Harry actually had no ethics.

Truly disturbing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, Jel said:

And for the love of all things holy, do not ask Eileen when the affair started.

Lol, I admit I was not around the seasons Eileen was on and missed her role on this show. I just know her from The YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS where she was one of my favorite participants and was so beautiful and classy. I was involved in my own life more so, thankfully, judging from the time I have put in watching this bravo fiasco recently.  I cant imagine she reached the level of evilness the majority of the players on RHOBH do. Am I right in thinking so?

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I have PhD in industrial/organizational psychology and I don’t have the expertise, qualifications, knowledge, or license to be diagnosing individuals, let alone using the DSM, because I am not a trained clinical psychologist.

Truly disturbing.

I liked it better when any Tom, Dick or Harry could not just buy a Diagnostical and Statistical Manual. It's so cringe to see untrained people diagnosing personality disorders/mental illness. If you could just read the DSM and make a diagnosis, no one would need a PhD in clinical psychology, plus all the other requirements to practice. You'd just use the guide like it was a cookbook.  But it's really not that simple, Harry.

And it's not just cringe, it's reckless and even dangerous, because those diagnoses can stick. Terrible. The DSM isn't a tool to give your ethically challenged wife an edge. IT's pretty outrageous.

• Applause 9
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

Lol, I admit I was not around the seasons Eileen was on and missed her role on this show. I just know her from The YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS where she was one of my favorite participants and was so beautiful and classy. I was involved in my own life more so, thankfully, judging from the time I have put in watching this bravo fiasco recently.  I cant imagine she reached the level of evilness the majority of the players on RHOBH do. Am I right in thinking so?

She was a gem. Warm, friendly and happy with her life. In response the majority of the ladies ran all over her and treated her poorly. Even Erika. Eileen went out of her way to get Erika a cameo gig on Y&R and in very little time Erika tore into her and made her cry. ETA: Ideally she's smart enough to never come back to this show.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

I am happy to say you are right. She was never evil, and was a fan favourite of many.

I think she was pretty unforgiving though. Lisa Vanderpump did ask her "When did the affair start" re: her very public, tabloid magazine affair with her now husband Vince Van Patten.  Eileen didn't ever seem to accept Lisa apology though -- first time, it was insincere, second time, too British, third time, didn't like the way she held her hands when she apologized, fourth time, her breath smelled of garlic, cigs and chardonnay ;)

(I don't remember all the reasons, but I do remember LVP apologized multiple times.

ETA: Had to change that -- I first read your post like "I can imagine she turned evil.." She didn't.

Edited by Jel
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

I cant imagine she reached the level of evilness the majority of the players on RHOBH do. Am I right in thinking so?

I think you are.  I liked Eileen a lot, and was sorry to see her go.  I think many found her boring, but I thought she was a very nice, kind lady with actual class. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Truly disturbing.

Agree!  Harry has no ethics. And no judgment if he thinks it proper that he (neither psychologist nor psychiatrist) "help" his disturbed wife look for personality "disorders" in her cast-mates.  While ignoring Rinna's manic, narcissistic, unbalanced ways and self-diagnosed PTSD & cancer fears & performative grief-driven (supposedly) histrionics.

Obviously HE'S impressed with himself & his "skills." Attended class at Yale 50 (?) years ago.  Doesn't mean he was top of his class, kept up on the subject, or guaranteed intelligence. (Smartest man I know never graduated high school but self-taught & whip-smart.  Dumbest - Harvard & Yale Law School grad.)  As it was with Tom, the ladies (minimally educated Rinna & Kyle, Bada Bing Erika, & horse/glue Dorit) "buy" whatever Harry says. Like Tom, he's full of it.  Conniving & manipulative.  Truly disturbing is right.  Not admirable.

Edited by realityplease
added "conniving & manipulative" because - why the heck not?
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8

Regarding Vanderpump and Eileen, I was firmly team Eileen on that one. I thought Vanderpump grilled her, and she was very unapologetic imo. “Oh darling it was just the two of us! Sorry if I asked too many questions haha!” 

Now I was invested because both women are generally likable and fabulous to me. Some of the current bunch are just consistently awful and cruel. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Well now I get why these two chucklefucks are still married. Harry is as munch[hausen's] of an asshole as his wifey is. Love how he has to let people know he went to Yale. What a douchenozzle.

Maybe he didn’t want us to judge his intelligence based on his taste in women. 

• LOL 13
3 hours ago, SassyCat said:

She was mostly just dull.  People liked her from the soaps so she was more popular than Teddi, but employed the same technique of always being "confused" and needing to "clear things up" even if they weren't her things.  And (to stay on topic) she could beat a dead horse until it was unfit for the glue factory 😂

• Applause 2
  • Love 11